Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2016, 11:03   #886
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I've noticed the increased speed limits but then the road surface has become patchy with undulations throughout, with my car wobbling all the while . I just can't do above 100 on this road, and I did the entire stretch from EC to Tumkur road yesterday.

For a road that charges around Rs 4/km , the quality of the road surface should be far better.
Agree. This has become the worst toll road despite the premium that they are charging. I really don't know on what made them to increase the speed limit from 80 to 120. That too with many accidents happening on this road.

Its almost impossible to hit the 120 mark unless you decide to take some risk.
For this road condition, 80 was better.
Old 24th May 2016, 14:11   #887
Senior - BHPian

Looking for feedbacks on Momoe mobile app to pay NICE toll. Search on Momoe is not giving any helpful results. I heard from someone it is active, but has never seen anyone use it while waiting in the queue.
Old 9th July 2016, 10:15   #888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Looking for feedbacks on Momoe mobile app to pay NICE toll. Search on Momoe is not giving any helpful results. I heard from someone it is active, but has never seen anyone use it while waiting in the queue.
Did you try to pay toll through the app anytime? I downloaded the app and it does show the option to pay toll. But again, never seen anyone using.
Old 9th July 2016, 11:48   #889
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Took NICE road from Hosur Road to Kanakapura Road and back yesterday.
In the morning, it was very peaceful, no crazy drivers and an enjoyable drive.

In the evening, the moment I paid the toll and moved a little forward, a WagonR overtook me with mad honking and overtook all other vehicles for a fair distance where I could see him completely by using the shoulder/2 wheeler lane After that I did not see him anywhere on NICE road but he was just in front of me at the Hosur road signal where one exits NICE and merges with Hosur Road from the service road. So what was the use of all the madness and speedy driving ?
With truckers driving slowly and using both lanes on NICE Road at many places, most of the faster vehicles were using the shoulder for overtaking maneuvers.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2016, 22:40   #890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Did you try to pay toll through the app anytime? I downloaded the app and it does show the option to pay toll. But again, never seen anyone using.
I am yet to download the app and try using it. Looks like none in our large community has started using this service
Old 12th July 2016, 08:55   #891
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am yet to download the app and try using it. Looks like none in our large community has started using this service
OK. I am taking NICE road today for journey back to home from office, will find out the details and post here. I am yet to load any cash into the Momoe wallet though.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 09:26   #892
BHPian

I am using Momoe since Last December. I initially started using it for bike. Now for cars. You can add vehicle that you would like to use, and remove when you don't want the vehicle (Just so that no one misuses, your number).
There is no separate queue or zip by with the App. Instead of cash, you say Momoe and your vehicle number. Attendant give you receipt. Money gets deducted from your Momoe wallet. You get SMS to your phone number with deduction and remaining balance.

Like all wallet you can re-charge wallet from Credit/debit card or netbannking. You can even ask it maintain your card.

My personal take, load Mome for week toll. In case your wallet is misused, you lose only amount in wallet.

Pros:
*No more change to kept while taking receipt.
*No more arguing with attendant about chocolate!
*In case you lose your toll receipt (specially for bikes), you can show your SMS, Momoe Transaction that you indeed took receipt. I have tried both option.
Cons:
* Some time Momoe won't work in intermediate places (like Bannerghatta). So can take your receipt at Hosur or subsequent exit point. In fact if its not working in exit, they let you go if you refuse give money.

*There will be chances that someone else misuse your wallet, he might tell your number and getaway. Though attendant has check, there are app authorization for toll. I have checked consequence of such situation with Momoe, they have promised to refund any such misuse.
RaguHolla is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 12:17   #893
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
*There will be chances that someone else misuse your wallet, he might tell your number and getaway.
How can someone else use your Momoe wallet at the toll since it is linked to your vehicle number ? Unless your vehicle is with someone else, that person can't use your Momoe wallet. What am I missing ?
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 13:15   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
How can someone else use your Momoe wallet at the toll since it is linked to your vehicle number ? Unless your vehicle is with someone else, that person can't use your Momoe wallet. What am I missing ?
All that it matters the person (who would like to misuse my momoe wallet) knows that I have Momoe (may be he was behind me in toll line), and he knows how Momoe works(at toll). All that he supposed to tell the vehicle number(Which is mine or someone else). For bikes toll attendant rarely check actual number because its not visible from camera. So anyone can fake your number (which has momoe linked has funds in wallet).

Last edited by RaguHolla : 12th July 2016 at 13:23. Reason: added little more info
RaguHolla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 13:20   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no separate queue or zip by with the App. Instead of cash, you say Momoe and your vehicle number. Attendant give you receipt. Money gets deducted from your Momoe wallet. You get SMS to your phone number with deduction and remaining balance.
Many thanks for the information! So, you basically don't have to do anything in the app, just tell the attendant that you would like to use momoe and that is it? The app shows a 'pay' option for other bill payments like restaurants etc but for NICE road toll, it just gives the option to 'add vehicle number'.

Quote:

Pros:
*No more change to kept while taking receipt.
*No more arguing with attendant about chocolate!
Not having to carry change is the biggest convenience I see at this point of time.

When they have spent so much for the road, they could have added an option of the fast-tag kind of smart tag at least with a handheld reader. Would have been much more convenient.

Quote:
Cons:
* Some time Momoe won't work in intermediate places (like Bannerghatta). So can take your receipt at Hosur or subsequent exit point. In fact if its not working in exit, they let you go if you refuse give money.
My entry/exit points would be Link road and Kanakapura road. Hope it works on these two points.

Quote:
All that it matters the guys knows (may be he was behind me in toll line), that I have Momoe, Then he knows how Momoe works. All That he supposed to tell the vehicle number. For bikes toll attendant rarely check actual number because its not visible from camera. So another person can fake your number.
But if at the exit point they decide to cross check the vehicle number with the toll receipt, he would be caught then and there, right. And for cars, I think this issue would not arise at all. The vehicle number is always clearly visible to the attendant.

Last edited by ampere : 12th July 2016 at 13:51. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 12th July 2016, 13:28   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Just tell the attendant that you would like to use momoe and that is it?
Yes. As long is you added your vehicle number in Momoe and wallet has sufficient balance, you just take he receipt and move on.

Quote:
My entry/exit points would be Link road and Kanakapura road. Hope it works on these two points.
It works most of the time, but some times it has issues (like today). Usually I see 2 ~ 3 days not working from Bannergatta. Not sure about other location how frequent this issue is.

Quote:
But if at the exit point they decide to cross check the vehicle number with the toll receipt, he would be caught then and there, right. And for cars, I think this issue would not arise at all. The vehicle number is always clearly visible to the attendant.
I really don't think exit anyone cares if you have correct receipt, as long as its correct for that exit point they don't care.
For Cars mostly yes its visible. But still it won't stop someone misusing if attendant is okay with it. Which is all if it happens, etc etc. Not to worry much. The problem like what mentioned is accepted by Momoe , means they know it that can happen, and for convenience vs security they choose convenience. Otherwise just see if you have approve in app, for bikers its always difficult, plus not having network means someone will fighting to use wallet. I a way I am okay with current implementation. I secure wallet by keeping bare minimum balance.

I still prefer to use Momoe as it super convenience of not to carry cash.

Last edited by RaguHolla : 12th July 2016 at 13:33.
RaguHolla is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 21:06   #897
Senior - BHPian

Used Momoe app to pay toll today from Kanakapura road to Link road. Simple to use- just said Momoe to the operator, he confirmed the vehicle number, entered into their system, and gave the toll receipt. At the same time, I got the SMS from Momoe indicating the usage.
I would continue to use the app as it is super convenient - no need to carry cash and no hassle of providing change.
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 21:16   #898
BHPian

Quote:
Used Momoe app to pay toll today from Kanakapura road to Link road. Simple to use- just said Momoe to the operator, he confirmed the vehicle number, entered into their system, and gave the toll receipt. At the same time, I got the SMS from Momoe indicating the usage.
I would continue to use the app as it is super convenient - no need to carry cash and no hassle of providing change.
Nice, thanks. I will try this next time. As you said, no hassle of providing change and moreover no more eating chocolates unnecessarily
Old 15th July 2016, 12:38   #899
Senior - BHPian

I too started using it from yesterday and find it super convenient. It looks fool proof for 4 wheelers since they are taking the vehicle registration no from the video image (doesn't ask you for it). I am yet to check if they cover the NHs in TN for my drives to Kerala.
Old 15th July 2016, 13:16   #900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am yet to check if they cover the NHs in TN for my drives to Kerala.
Don't think so. But for National Highways, we have the FASTtag system now in place at many toll plazas. You do not even have to stop at the toll gate if your car has the FASTag chip and sufficient balance.
Relevent thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ollection.html
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks