Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2014, 17:42   #856
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Planning to drive down to Mysore from HSR Layout on a Saturday. Could anyone guide in terms of how to enter the Nice Road? From what I could gather on Google Maps, I shouldn't take the elevated flyover - take a right from one of the junctions below - enter the service road and the NICE Road entry would be towards my left. Is this right? Could someone give any landmarks etc
HSR layout-->Silk board-->Jayadeva hospital-->Take a left turn , cross Gopalan Mall on your right side , continue straight on Bannergatta road. Drive till you find a shell petrol pump on your left hand side . Cross shell petrol pump and continue straight , you will find big boards giving you directions. To enter Mysore road , keep left as the entry ramp will be towards your left side.

Toll towards Mysore road as of today is 58Rs/- for cars. My suggestion leave early to avoid all the weekend traffic.
girimajiananth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 17:45   #857
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Planning to drive down to Mysore from HSR Layout on a Saturday. Could anyone guide in terms of how to enter the Nice Road? From what I could gather on Google Maps, I shouldn't take the elevated flyover - take a right from one of the junctions below - enter the service road and the NICE Road entry would be towards my left. Is this right? Could someone give any landmarks etc
If you want to go through Hosur road, take a left at Silk board from HSR Layout. You will be on Hosur road. Do not climb the elevated expressway. Just stay on the main NH7 highway and proceed towards Hosur / EC. Watch for a Dakshin Honda showroom and shortly after, a Navnit motors BMW showroom on your left. You can then enter the left side service lane and proceed a couple of hundred metres. The NICE road entry is exactly over there, immediately after PES School of Engineering again on your left.

Once on NICE, you can ask the Toll booth staff for whichever highway you want to exit to. It is just like an outer semi circle around Bangalore intersecting NH4, NH7 and every other highway in between. Once you are on NICE, there are adequate signboards to guide you on where to take the exits into the respective highways. Have a nice trip

Last edited by KarthikK : 25th June 2014 at 17:46.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 17:57   #858
BHPian

Quote:
At Hosa Road junction, you should take the service lane on your left, proceed for a km, on your left after PES college you will find signage for NICE road.

How do you plan to enter hosur road? If it is through bommannahalli, the 3rd major junction is hosa road.

1st junction - Garebhavepalya
2nd junction - kudlu

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 25th June 2014 at 17:58. Reason: edit
Mr_Bean is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 18:54   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn
If you are traveling during off peak hours, take ring road itself via Banshankari. Its much shorter.

If you want to use NICE road, take the road below flyover. Pillar no. 1 starts from Bommanahalli and it will be 152 at Hosa road junction. Either you can take service road (beware of bumps) else continue on main road till next signal. Take a U turn to service road and enter NICEly, It is faster.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 10:04   #860
Team-BHP Support

Basically what I have realized (And thanks to @Condor for this):

If one is looking to driving out to Tumkur road from South Bangalore (Sarjapur/HSR/Koramangala/Bannergatta/JP Nagar etc); then for early mornings, it makes perfect sense NOT to use the NICE road. Take the regular ring road all the way to Tumkur road. You just enter at the point where the elevated toll road starts. Its perfect and of course the extra distance on NICE (and the toll as well). For early morning exits from Bangalore it makes perfect sense. But while coming back from Tumkur road during peak hours, NICE road really saves time. Because ring road would be choked in these hours. Esp if one is going beyond Silk board, it helps even more.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2014, 11:43   #861
BHPian

After nearly 6 months, I took the NICE road to visit our house in kengeri. The roads have become bad, lost shape over over the entire stretch. It was quite a bumpy ride for the rear passengers.

I am not sure if my new car (astar) is contributing to this bad ride or the roads themselves.
Old 27th June 2014, 15:56   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I am not sure if my new car (astar) is contributing to this bad ride or the roads themselves.
It's the poor road conditions. Several stretches have undulations , especially if you travel all the way towards Tumkur Road.

And the toll rates keep going up every few months. If I compare NICE to the Hyderabad ORR, it's nowhere even close to it.
Old 6th September 2014, 17:10   #863
D4D
BHPian

Used the link road from Hoskerahalli to Tumkur road today.

Toll charged while going: Rs.118. I thought that toll prices have increased.

While coming back: I read at Tumkur that toll to E-city: Rs.120, whereas toll to Hoskerahalli was Rs.118.

What is the reason behind this?
Is the premium for 10 km we travel without anyone else? The link road was free, managed 130 kmph and kept the speed between 100-110 kmph in Innova.
Old 7th September 2014, 08:35   #864
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4D View Post
Used the link road from Hoskerahalli to Tumkur road today.

Toll charged while going: Rs.118. I thought that toll prices have increased.

While coming back: I read at Tumkur that toll to E-city: Rs.120, whereas toll to Hoskerahalli was Rs.118.
Is it that much ? 2 weeks ago, I remember paying Rs.60 for Kanakapura Road to Hosur Road.
Old 7th September 2014, 11:36   #865
D4D
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Is it that much ? 2 weeks ago, I remember paying Rs.60 for Kanakapura Road to Hosur Road.
The price I'm talking about is for link road i.e. PESIT to NICE road. It has a exclusive stretch for 10 km. So I guess that's why it's expensive.
Old 12th December 2014, 15:47   #866
Senior - BHPian

Toll from Tumkur road to E.City is Rs. 155 one way now.

I took NICE road and city option on consecutive days. It takes 30 to 35 minutes to do E.City-Tumkur road exit via NICE road, toll Rs. 155, distance ~40 kms

Next day, started at 6.15am from Hosa road Jn and took city route. Its ~10kms shorter and took 40 mins
Old 12th December 2014, 16:03   #867
BANNED

NICE is not nice any more. Last week had a bad experience. After a visit to a friend in electronic city took NICE to kanakpura road exit (plan to drive at 100 ) last Sunday afternoon.
Just after Bannerghatta road exit, there was a old Bajaj scooter doing good speed with three adults and of course no helmet on right most lane of wrong side. Had to break hard as I saw them just when I tried to overtake a truck.
Complained at toll gate near kanakpura exit. The toll guys shoo me away casually saying he will check. He even didn't ask me where I met them.
Old 12th December 2014, 16:09   #868
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
NICE is not nice any more. Last week had a bad experience. After a visit to a friend in electronic city took NICE to kanakpura road exit (plan to drive at 100 ) last Sunday afternoon.
Just after Bannerghatta road exit, there was a old Bajaj scooter doing good speed with three adults and of course no helmet on right most lane of wrong side. Had to break hard as I saw them just when I tried to overtake a truck.
Complained at toll gate near kanakpura exit. The toll guys shoo me away casually saying he will check. He even didn't ask me where I met them.
That even they cannot do much. Its not in their hands to control who rides/drives how.

But NICE road surface is no longer nice. The undulations are irritating especially between Bannerghata road and to the point where concrete stretch starts and also all the way from the end of concrete stretch to the tumkur road. It makes me sick to pay such a high toll for such a badly maintained road! Alas, we dont have any option
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2014, 21:57   #869
Team-BHP Support

Some sections of the stretch between the Mysore Road turn-off and Tumkur Road entry/exit are being relaid as noticed last weekend, but there's still a lot of undulating stretches, esp. on the Bannerghatta Road/Electronic City stretches. The only good bit is the 11 kms to/from the Hosakerehalli side that's concrete, which I use frequently and is a hoot to drive on as it's mostly empty.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2015, 11:29   #870
Distinguished - BHPian

Came across this news in today's newspaper. Unfortunately not the first time. Equally unfortunate is the recommendation for putting up speed breakers on NICE road.

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-cam00257.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks