Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2013, 11:25   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

NICE road is not nice anymore. I traveled on it after a long gap on last Saturday from EC to Kanakpura exit and it was bumpy and wavy everywhere. I wonder whose pocket my 53 rupees toll will go as I don't see any road maintenance.
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2013, 14:48   #812
BHPian

Now we will be seeing more tyre bursts in NICE road, it is been converetd into concrete, work has already started and about 10 KM section is now closed while going towards towards E-city, work is going on in between PES Link road crossing and Kanakpura road..
Old 7th April 2013, 12:32   #813
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove on NICE Road this morning after a long time, thanks to the TBHP meet
There is construction activity still in progress to concretize the road on a 2-3 Km stretch between Link Road/Hosakerehalli and Mysore Road stretch. Couple of pictures here:
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-nice-road-construction1.jpg

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-nice-road-construction2.jpg
Old 7th April 2013, 18:55   #814
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Drove on NICE Road this morning after a long time, thanks to the TBHP meet
There is construction activity still in progress to concretize the road on a 2-3 Km stretch between Link Road/Hosakerehalli and Mysore Road stretch.
+1. Need to be careful and over come one's joy of venturing out on a vacation !
The stretch is quite narrow. Not sure when they are suppose to finish this?

Are they planning to do this on all stretches?
Old 7th April 2013, 19:17   #815
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The stretch is quite narrow. Not sure when they are suppose to finish this?

Are they planning to do this on all stretches?
Probably they can cover plus minus 10km before monsoon actually hits Bangalore. Don't know if they're planning for the entire stretch.
Old 7th April 2013, 21:10   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

This stretch where concretization is under progress is exactly 4 kms (clover leaf Interchange to Mysore road section).From what it looks over the past few months of usual sojourn through NICE, work is progressing rapidly.
The narrow stretch is too narrow as everyone points and the chances of overtaking is very minimal as there are multiple caution signage posts that sometimes prevents truckers to remain on extreme left even if they want to allow smaller vehicles to overtake them.
On the right (where the makeshift median is), the line of path is unpredictable at night as the stone blocks have got dislodged from their original places.
One needs to regulary flash beams to gauge this median's irregularity and ensure not to follow a bigger vehicle too closely.
However, chances that whole of NICE will get a concrete cover doesn't seem any closer but whatever concretizing is happening is always a relief from the usual bumpy ride!!

Last edited by paragsachania : 7th April 2013 at 21:12.
Old 8th April 2013, 17:50   #817
BHPian

Does not look like they are going to do the complete road, but they did on section very quickly(Tumkur Road to E-City), and now doing the other way. But if this is going to continue in stages too, NICE should review and reduce the toll till the time users are not getting to use the complete road. As per the toll rate end to end, they should reduce at least Rs 15/- from the existing toll rate, for users who go beyond Kanakpura Road from E-City end and other way round. Though the road life will be more but I hate to drive on concrete roads.
Old 18th April 2013, 08:44   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the stretch from Coverleaf interchange till PESIT hoskerehalli open? They have completed the conversion to concrete on this stretch long back but not sure when they will open!
Old 27th June 2013, 15:17   #819
BHPian

Has anyone been on NICE road recently? Just wondering if all this concreting work is completed now? I'm planning a road tip, and I was thinking of catching Mysore road by entering NICE road from Hosur Road/E-city junction, and exiting in SH-7/Mysore Road exit.
Old 27th June 2013, 15:40   #820
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Has anyone been on NICE road recently? Just wondering if all this concreting work is completed now? I'm planning a road tip, and I was thinking of catching Mysore road by entering NICE road from Hosur Road/E-city junction, and exiting in SH-7/Mysore Road exit.
Yes, the concretization work is fully done and road is operational on both corridors more than a month back. The latest I traveled was last Saturday from EC (Hosur Road) to Tumkur road.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 15:46   #821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Is the stretch from Coverleaf interchange till PESIT hoskerehalli open? They have completed the conversion to concrete on this stretch long back but not sure when they will open!
A bit late, but yes, it is open now. Tried that road last sunday.
Old 30th June 2013, 22:29   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

NICE Road toll going up again starting from July 1st, 2013, Electronic City - Bannerghatta Road goes up to Rs 33. I think EC - Tumkur Road will be Rs. 155. Didn't check for other exits.

I remember paying Rs. 20 couple of years back(EC - BG Road), now the quality of the road has come down drastically but the toll has gone up by 65%
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2013, 17:43   #823
Senior - BHPian

And now with round figure gone, there will be longer queues at the toll plazas. EC exit has a long queue every day, agree it is not so nice any more.
Old 1st July 2013, 20:57   #824
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

The signage for the turn to Link Road is very small and so close to the turn that there's a very high chance of missing it! Last time I took NICE Road from Kanakapura Road but missed the turn for Link Road and had to take the exit to Mysore Road instead

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
And now with round figure gone, there will be longer queues at the toll plazas. EC exit has a long queue every day, agree it is not so nice any more.
Yes, now we don't have a choice other than to carry small change when planning to use toll roads, otherwise we'll end up losing some money or getting candies instead
Old 1st July 2013, 21:08   #825
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The signage for the turn to Link Road is very small and so close to the turn that there's a very high chance of missing it! Last time I took NICE Road from Kanakapura Road but missed the turn for Link Road and had to take the exit to Mysore Road instead
Another reason, why its good to drive with a GPS esp the long drives. You at least are aware of the coming exit and are cautious to spot it !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks