Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2011, 01:26   #676
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

A small query guys - does NICE have a monthly pass? I am shifting to B'ghatta road and have to travel to E-city every day, so was think of this, though I hav the option of taking the Wipro road too, still if anyone has any info please?
Old 13th January 2011, 10:27   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
A small query guys - does NICE have a monthly pass? I am shifting to B'ghatta road and have to travel to E-city every day, so was think of this, though I hav the option of taking the Wipro road too, still if anyone has any info please?
Unfortunately they don't. No Monthly pass nor an option to buy a return toll.

To Travel from E-city to anywhere in Bannerghatta, why not stick to a road that most of them are using today that passes from Wirpo Gate 14 side through Bettadasapura and joins you at various places on Bannerghatta Road?
Old 13th January 2011, 10:48   #678
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Nope, no monthly pass.. not even a 2-way system.

Unless you want to shell out >40 bucks a day for that road, it's best you stick to the BG road and then Wipro road way to EC..
Old 13th January 2011, 12:06   #679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sekharr View Post
Thanks for the inputs, guys! Just another question: Elsewhere in this forum there are references to horror stories of being stuck at Neelamangala for hours due to flyover construction, which is probably a reason it was recommended to use the Magadi road instead. Any info on this would be most welcome!
The Nelamangala toll road is completed and opened now. The road from Nelamangala to Kunigal is being widened and this was the reason people used to avoid this stretch earlier. However, I visited Chikmagalur via Nelamangala - Kunigal- Hassan during Christmas and the road is very good and you can maintain good speeds through out. Although road work is still going on, most of it is completed and there are not many diversions now.
And like i said in my previous post, if you are going to Chikmagalur directly, going via Tumkur might probably be better ( although I am not completely sure as i haven't been on this road ) .
Old 13th January 2011, 13:32   #680
BHPian

Is there any good alternative for this entire NICE stretch?
from Tumkur side to E.City/Attibele side ,to avoid the entire Bangalore city?

The old ring roads have become a part of city and not helping much.
Old 13th January 2011, 15:39   #681
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
Is there any good alternative for this entire NICE stretch?
from Tumkur side to E.City/Attibele side ,to avoid the entire Bangalore city?

The old ring roads have become a part of city and not helping much.
Thats the primary purpose for NICE (toll not withstanding!).

NH207 was supposed be one, but it was routed the wrong way! Takes you from Tumkur road (at Dobbaspet) to Hosur via Devanahalli-Hoskote-Sarjapur-Bagalur.
Old 16th January 2011, 10:59   #682

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
The Nelamangala toll road is completed and opened now. The road from Nelamangala to Kunigal is being widened and this was the reason people used to avoid this stretch earlier. However, I visited Chikmagalur via Nelamangala - Kunigal- Hassan during Christmas and the road is very good and you can maintain good speeds through out. Although road work is still going on, most of it is completed and there are not many diversions now.
And like i said in my previous post, if you are going to Chikmagalur directly, going via Tumkur might probably be better ( although I am not completely sure as i haven't been on this road ) .
Thanks everybody for all the tips! Hope to post a travelogue once I am back!!
Old 1st February 2011, 12:07   #683
BHPian

Sad news on NICE road.

Speeding truck kills leopard on NICE Road Bangalore, January 31, DHNS:
A leopard was mowed down by a truck early Monday morning on a stretch of NICE Road between Talaghattapur and Bannerghatta.
On noticing the carcass of the leopard on the road, residents of the nearby Kaggalipur alerted the police.

The leopard is said to be five years old. However, veterinary doctor Anil Kumar, who conducted the post mortem, was yet to ascertain the details, the police said.

Chakrapani, the assistant conservator of forest (Bangalore South division), said: “The leopard could not be seen in and around our village these days. It might have come from forest area in Talaghattapur.”

Vanashree, the deputy conservator of forest, said several leopards from the forests had strayed into the City.

But, it was for the first time a leopard was killed in an accident. “We will take measures to prevent such accidents,” Vanashree said.

surce:- Deccan Herald 1/2/2011

Last edited by mykal shoemaker : 1st February 2011 at 12:10.
Old 19th February 2011, 22:05   #684
Distinguished - BHPian

NICE road is not so nice any more. The toll amount is crazy high, magadi road to bannerghatta road is 70 bucks one way. Thats a lot of money for a toll in India.

The road condition is not so good, lot of patch work.

And get this, neighborhood people are crossing the road - was shocked!!

I sincerely wish the government puts a parallel road and ruins Mr Kini's party.
Old 19th February 2011, 22:38   #685
BHPian

From Mysore road - Banashankari ring road junction, take a left towards PES college.

You can enter NICE road before PES college.
Folks driving to Electronics City from Vijayanagar use this in the mornings.
Toll is pretty high though.

Upto Kanakapura road : Rs. 45
Kanakapura road - Bannerghatta Road : Rs. 20
Bannerghatta Road - Hosur Road : Rs. 25

Total Rs. 90 one way.
Old 7th March 2011, 22:00   #686
BHPian

Another leopard death being reported. :(

Quote:
Leopard dies in road accident Staff Reporter
BANGALORE: A leopard was killed in a road accident on NICE road stretch between Bannerghatta Road and Kanakapura Cross at around 8 p.m. here on Sunday night.
Forest officials said that the leopard died due to collision with a vehicle, and that an autopsy is being conducted. They said that residents in the area had informed them of the accident. The leopard was four years old.
This is the second death on this stretch this year. Just a month ago, a leopard, aged about five, died in a collision with a lorry, not very far from the site of this accident. It is not unusual for leopards to be spotted in this area as the the Bannerghatta National Park is nearby.
source:-
The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : Leopard dies in road accident
Old 8th March 2011, 20:22   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
Another leopard death being reported. :(
Is Nice road cutting across Bannargetta NP.
Old 9th March 2011, 06:36   #688
BHPian

no, but its quite near to it.
Old 27th March 2011, 11:10   #689
Senior - BHPian

Is the Gottigere Lake related work completed ?

Or do i have to go down the bridge, get into BG Road near Sherwood(?!) school and again take the NICE to Tumkur Road ? Am trying to reach near Yeshwantpur Railway station roundabout noon-ish on Saturday.

The earlier exit from BG Road to NICE used to be in terrible shape (so took the road below NICE instead which was in much better shape) till i lived in Bangalore (Dec 2009).
Old 27th March 2011, 11:34   #690
Team-BHP Support

The Gottigere roundabout is no more. A good adjacent road to NICE is being used. Gets you to the other side of BG very easily. (NICE road bridge over BG is still not done). But this does not trouble at all.

But if you want to hit Yashwantapur station, NICE road, would be a huge roubabout. Go through the city. That would be much faster. Take the elevated road from ECity to Madiwala, keep going on Hosur road, go past Chinnaswamy stadium all the way up to Mekri circle. Dont go below the Mekri circle fly-over. Take left for IISc and go straight beyond IISc to hit the station.

Please note that the road via Sankey road is closed at IISc. Hence you need to come via Mekri circle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks