Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2010, 10:49   #601
Team-BHP Support

Nothing to be scared off. Its actually very good. And directions very clear.
The only point of debate was, is it that good to warrant a hefty toll.
Old 5th October 2010, 20:10   #602
BHPian

Hey guys,

I'm traveling to Bannerghatta road (T. John college) And i wanted to know if there is a direct route to bannerghatta road from the NICE road entry at BSK, PES college. Is nice road preferred over BTM>IIM(From mysore road)
Old 5th October 2010, 22:00   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Hey guys,

I'm traveling to Bannerghatta road (T. John college) And i wanted to know if there is a direct route to bannerghatta road from the NICE road entry at BSK, PES college. Is nice road preferred over BTM>IIM(From mysore road)
Akshay, you should take NICE road entry at PES and should be on Bannerghatta road within 15mins. I didn't quite understand what you meant by "direct" route. After starting from PES college, you will have to exit (turn left) on the road coming from Mysore-road/Tumkur-road and going towards Electronics City. You would first go over Kanakapura road and then hit Bannerghatta road.

The other option you mentioned is quite tedious given that underpass construction work is going on in two places along the ring road and you need to take diversions and it would get tricky if you are not familiar with the area. And you'd need to deal with heavy traffic and signals all along.

Thanks,
Old 6th October 2010, 20:44   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
Akshay, you should take NICE road entry at PES and should be on Bannerghatta road within 15mins. I didn't quite understand what you meant by "direct" route. After starting from PES college, you will have to exit (turn left) on the road coming from Mysore-road/Tumkur-road and going towards Electronics City. You would first go over Kanakapura road and then hit Bannerghatta road.

Thanks,
Thanks a lot for the info prasad, I took the nice road and reached Bannerghatta rd in 20 mins, While coming back i took an hour cos' i missed the Mysore road exit and ended up traveling more than 20 kms :(
Old 6th October 2010, 21:39   #605
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_b View Post
Thanks a lot for the info prasad, I took the nice road and reached Bannerghatta rd in 20 mins, While coming back i took an hour cos' i missed the Mysore road exit and ended up traveling more than 20 kms :(
Good to know that you were able to go reach Bannerghatta Road quickly. I thought of putting a note on the return journey too, but didn't for some reason. May be it would have saved some time for you.

Thanks,
Old 12th October 2010, 13:27   #606
Team-BHP Support

Basic question: (Thanks to my friend who brought this up).

When you are coming from Mysore on the Mysore road and want to go Tumkur road via NICE, there is no straight toll booth.

One leg of that toll booth it seems is not done.
Do folks take a U later and come back to the toll booth on other side of the road?

EDIT : Here is the snapshot.
Name:  nice.JPG
Views: 1570
Size:  33.9 KB

Last edited by ampere : 12th October 2010 at 13:29.
Old 12th October 2010, 20:11   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Basic question: (Thanks to my friend who brought this up).

When you are coming from Mysore on the Mysore road and want to go Tumkur road via NICE, there is no straight toll booth.

One leg of that toll booth it seems is not done.
Do folks take a U later and come back to the toll booth on other side of the road?

EDIT : Here is the snapshot.
Attachment 437677
I think this exit also now complete and open.(alongwith the new bannerghatta road side works). Earlier I used to take exit towards Bangalore side and then take a u-turn on SH-17 for mysore exit.
But recently I've noticed new exit boards,when going towards Electronics city side. Didn't use the new exit.

So ,waiting for confirmation from others.
Old 12th October 2010, 20:54   #608
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
...Do folks take a U later and come back to the toll booth on other side of the road?...
Yes; you need to take the u-turn, that comes right after you cross the NICE over head bridge and then take the second NICE exit to Tumkur. The first exit will take you to Hosur.

Kind of a small board to actually tell you this!
Old 12th October 2010, 22:33   #609
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for that update. I was not aware of this and had just guessed.
Old 12th October 2010, 22:39   #610
Senior - BHPian

I learnt it the hard way when on a trip to Mangalore at 4am in the morning.

Went round and round, literally, to find it. I hope NICE places a more easily visible board for this exit.
Old 4th November 2010, 00:04   #611
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

Planning to take the NICE road for my Chennai to Mandya trip, can someone let me know what the tarriff is for going from Electronic City to Mysore Road. Thro the NICE road.

I would like to know on average how much time does it save, according to my plan I will be hitting bangalore by around 1300 hrs, is it worth taking the NICE road or should I go by the regular Electronic City-BTM layout-Basavangudi-Banashankari-Mysore Road route.

I am mainly concerned as the link of Banerghetta road is still not up, has it gone down during the recent downpour
Old 4th November 2010, 00:46   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi Guys,

Planning to take the NICE road for my Chennai to Mandya trip, can someone let me know what the tarriff is for going from Electronic City to Mysore Road. Thro the NICE road.

I would like to know on average how much time does it save, according to my plan I will be hitting bangalore by around 1300 hrs, is it worth taking the NICE road or should I go by the regular Electronic City-BTM layout-Basavangudi-Banashankari-Mysore Road route.

I am mainly concerned as the link of Banerghetta road is still not up, has it gone down during the recent downpour
Electronics city-Bannergatta road- Rs.20/-
Bannerghatta rd-Mysore road exit- I think either 33 or 45. not sure.
Bannerghatta rd-Tumkur exit (the other end) is 83/-

As METRO rail works are in full swing at most of the parts of city,at any time the traffic is a mess. So NICE road is the best alternative at present.
Old 4th November 2010, 07:51   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
Electronics city-Bannergatta road- Rs.20/-
Bannerghatta rd-Mysore road exit- I think either 33 or 45. not sure.
Bannerghatta rd-Tumkur exit (the other end) is 83/-

As METRO rail works are in full swing at most of the parts of city,at any time the traffic is a mess. So NICE road is the best alternative at present.
Electronic City to Banerghatta Road - 20/-
Banerghatta Road to Mysore Road - 38/-
Did a Mysore trip this Sunday..
Old 4th November 2010, 08:57   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Hi Guys,

Don't even try getting into BTM layout and all that. You'd save atleast 1.5hrs minimum. There was a post with a picture to pass thru the Bannerghatta junction, shouldn't be difficult.
Old 4th November 2010, 10:53   #615
BHPian

Guys, does anyone have an idea of the status of the main expressway construction uptill Mysore ? There's been no news from quite some some time about all the legal battles which had been going on so im assuming that things must be progressing quietly ?

The current SH to Mysore is becoming a real pain to drive on, its time we got a better road !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks