Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 12:01   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Here's some bad news folks. Just read an article in Bangalore Mirror; the Govt. has approved a 10% hike in the toll.

Hosur rd - Banerghetta rd : Rs. 30
Banerghetta rd - Kanakpura rd : Rs. 23
Magadi rd - Mysore rd : Rs. 33
Magadi rd - Tumkur rd : Rs. 25

How's that for a "NICE" road?
It is not NICE any more!!!

The toll is quite heavy when compared to NH. If i enter NICE road at Kanakapura road junction i pay Rs 80 to Tumkur road. If i enter at Bannerghatta road junction, i pay Rs 100 to Tumkur road!!
Old 18th May 2011, 12:40   #707
Senior - BHPian

I stay very near to NICE road intersection on Kanakpura road, need to go to Yalahanka railway station on Saturday morning (need to reach there at 9 am), please suggest whether it is faster to take NICE road, if not which is the best route take.
Old 18th May 2011, 13:35   #708
Team-BHP Support

If its Sunday morning why not take the road through the city?
That should be shortest and easiest.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 14:50   #709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
I stay very near to NICE road intersection on Kanakpura road, need to go to Yalahanka railway station on Saturday morning (need to reach there at 9 am), please suggest whether it is faster to take NICE road, if not which is the best route take.
Sunday-easiest to go via the city.

Take the Kanakpura Road and then via Jayanagar 7th Block, connect to South End Circle,from there go via JC Road,Corporation Circle,Anand Rao Circle(right turn),Windsor Manor(left turn at signal),Mekhri Circle and then one straight road all the way to Yelahanka.At Yelahanka,remember to take the road into the town,else you would continue on the NH7 towards the airport.Signages are in place which would direct you to Yelahanka town at the signal.Inside Yelahanka,at the junction of the Dodballapur-Bellary Road,continue on the Bellary road and ask for the railway station.It should take you around 90mins from Kanakpura Rd to Railway Stn at your slowest.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 14:58   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If its Sunday morning why not take the road through the city?
That should be shortest and easiest.
It is on Saturday morning, considering 9 am I am assuming that traffic can be heavy through the city.
Old 18th May 2011, 15:34   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Is coming to DG petrol bunk , Padmanabha nagar is feasible? If so Continue till Mysore road junction. Take ORR (Straight ahead), you will have signal free traffic till Tumkur road! Turn Right! You will reach Next to railway station. For coming to DG petrol bunk, you can take road via ISRO layout/Kumaraswamy layout (left at METRO). This should avoid any traffic snarls due to Metro rail work!
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 16:22   #712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
Is coming to DG petrol bunk , Padmanabha nagar is feasible? If so Continue till Mysore road junction. Take ORR (Straight ahead), you will have signal free traffic till Tumkur road! Turn Right! You will reach Next to railway station. For coming to DG petrol bunk, you can take road via ISRO layout/Kumaraswamy layout (left at METRO). This should avoid any traffic snarls due to Metro rail work!
Thanks, Sounds like the best option, my exact location is on Konenkunte Cross road, so it's easy for me to reach DG bunk or Padmanabhan nagar.

BTW, sorry for my ignorance of this stretch of the ORR after crossing the Mysore road, though have used the stretch from DG bunk to Mysore road many times, have never noticed this stretch that runs to Tumkur.

I assume this road is right opposite to DG Bunk ORR road stretch intersection on Mysore road? I could see in Google maps that the crossing across Mysore road and the initial approach road is not completed (may not be a recent picture). I hope my reading of your suggested road is correct.
Old 18th May 2011, 16:25   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I assume this road is right opposite to DG Bunk ORR road stretch intersection on Mysore road? I could see in Google maps that the crossing across Mysore road and the initial approach road is not completed (may not be a recent picture). I hope my reading of your suggested road is correct.
It still hasnt been completed,you might need to ask around to how to get to the Tumkur road side,else you might end up going towards Mysore road side.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 16:56   #714
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, sorry for my ignorance of this stretch of the ORR after crossing the Mysore road, though have used the stretch from DG bunk to Mysore road many times, have never noticed this stretch that runs to Tumkur.

Recently (1 or 2 months back) this junction opened for public! Ealier you need to travel till bangalore university capus and take ORR, now right at mysore road junction ORR joins. This is real boom for people coming traveling towards Tumkur Road or Bellary Road as well. You can completely forget taking NICE road!

If you know where is the Mysore road junction (or Nayamdahalli junction), it the You continue straight! You will reach ORR in few meters. Google maps confuses you (It asks you take left and take right)! Actually you just wait at the signal, If you go straight its ORR towards Tumkur road which you should take(sign board exists), if you right its towards Market/Vijayanagar (now narrowed due to Metro construction).

While coming back just keep on following sign that says towards Banashankari/Padmanabha Nagar. You will be back in this junction in no time!

Between DG petrol bunk is at least 4km away from this junction. Nayandahalli Junction is here. The route from konankunte Bus stop is here. It may not best plotted in gmaps but here are hints.

1) To avoid metro construction in kanakapura road, you should take road via ISRO layout (Turn left at METRO Cash and Carry)

2) Road from kadernahalli cross towards DG petrol bunk is blocked due to ever ending underpass construction! You should take left here. This will take you towards Padmanabha Nagar. At kadernahalli bus stop (on u r right you will find huge light pillar) take right, and little further left. At Nilgiris (200mtr), take right. In 600 mtrs you will be at DG petrol bunk signal. Here you should take left and continue till Nayandahalli signal.

Since you have taken this route earlier shouldn't be a issue.
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 17:08   #715
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
It still hasnt been completed,you might need to ask around to how to get to the Tumkur road side,else you might end up going towards Mysore road side.
Although construction work is still going on at this junction , it has been opened for traffic long time back. Except for a long waiting time (at peak hours), there is no other problem. Just continue straight (coming from DG Bunk ORR) and you will enter the ORR to Tumkur road. You will join Tumkur Road at Gorguntepalya Junction.
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 17:41   #716
Team-BHP Support

We are talking about Yelahanka railway station and not Yashwantpur.
(That was not clear from the discussions and hence wanted to re-iterate).
So even if you reach Tumkur road ORR, you still need to go through the either the other section of ORR till Hebbal and proceed through to Yelahanka or Go through the city (BHEL/IISc/Mekri circlr right) to Yelahanka.

Points to note:

1. If you are aware of the road through BEL layout/Vidyaranyapura, you can take that road from the New BEL circle and reach Yelahanka town,

Route via Vidyaranyapura

2. Else take the NH7 for safe route (but flyover constructions have started between Hebbal to BIAL)

3. If at the Yelahanka railway Gate crossing there is enough traffic, you can avoid this by going through Yelahanka by-pass and coming from the Kogilu signal side.

(Yelahanka by-pass usage

Last edited by ampere : 18th May 2011 at 17:46.
Old 18th May 2011, 19:04   #717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
We are talking about Yelahanka railway station and not Yashwantpur.
(That was not clear from the discussions and hence wanted to re-iterate).
So even if you reach Tumkur road ORR, you still need to go through the either the other section of ORR till Hebbal and proceed through to Yelahanka or Go through the city (BHEL/IISc/Mekri circlr right) to Yelahanka.

Points to note:

1. If you are aware of the road through BEL layout/Vidyaranyapura, you can take that road from the New BEL circle and reach Yelahanka town,

Route via Vidyaranyapura

2. Else take the NH7 for safe route (but flyover constructions have started between Hebbal to BIAL)

3. If at the Yelahanka railway Gate crossing there is enough traffic, you can avoid this by going through Yelahanka by-pass and coming from the Kogilu signal side.

(Yelahanka by-pass usage
Agree with you,I think the discussion of Tumkur Road is meant at going towards Yeshwantpur station and not Yelahanka.Going via ORR would be a real long way to go to Yelahanka station,going via Mekhri Circle-Jakkur is the easiest way IMHO.
Old 18th May 2011, 19:11   #718
Team-BHP Support

Ranjit,

The problem is the constructions on NH7 have slowly started becoming a pain. So in that case the drive via BEL can be an easy access to Yelahanka new town, provided one knows about the route.

But having said that taking taking the Tumkur-Road Hebbal ORR till New-BEL circle is also a pain.

So that reminds me: Here is another option: If you know the route through BEL, then you can first drive till IISc and take the New BEL road (via CPRI) and diirectly hit the New BEL circle on ORR).
Old 18th May 2011, 19:25   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, Sounds like the best option, my exact location is on Konenkunte Cross road, so it's easy for me to reach DG bunk or Padmanabhan nagar.
Some experience-based practical advice:- almost always a drive from Hotel Chalukya (Basaveswara Circle) to Yehalanka is a non-stop one, thanks to the new airport.

So, if you can reach DG bunk, the major portion (going through Kanakapura road) of the problem is solved. Now aim to reach Hotel Chalukya (Basaveswara Circle) from this junction in ORR or any point nearby. NICE road and ORR route can give you new problems, esp. if you are not too familiar with the junctions and turns to take. And if you stop and ask for directions, you may not get an answer but a multiple-choice situation back.

One suggestion that worked for my friend (from Rajarajeswari Nagar via this route) is connect to Minerva Circle,from there go via JC Road,Corporation Circle,Mysore Bank signal(right turn),Hotel Chalukya (Basaveswara Circle). From there, it is Windsor Manor(left turn at signal),Mekhri Circle and then one straight road all the way to Yelahanka.At Yelahanka (after Jakkur air strip on your right),remember to take the road into the town,else you would continue on the NH7 towards the airport.Signages are in place which would direct you to Yelahanka town at the signal.Inside Yelahanka,at the junction of the Dodballapur-Bellary Road,continue on the Bellary road and ask for the railway station.

Note: Thanks to the forum, I have copied the last part of the above post from a previous one only.
Old 18th May 2011, 19:36   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post

One suggestion that worked for my friend (from Rajarajeswari Nagar via this route) is connect to Minerva Circle,from there go via JC Road,Corporation Circle,Mysore Bank signal(right turn),Hotel Chalukya (Basaveswara Circle). From there, it is Windsor Manor(left turn at signal),Mekhri Circle and then one straight road all the way to Yelahanka.At Yelahanka (after Jakkur air strip on your right),remember to take the road into the town,else you would continue on the NH7 towards the airport.Signages are in place which would direct you to Yelahanka town at the signal.Inside Yelahanka,at the junction of the Dodballapur-Bellary Road,continue on the Bellary road and ask for the railway station.

Note: Thanks to the forum, I have copied the last part of the above post from a previous one only.
Amp,

I drove through the NH7 last monday during peak time(1030am)and the condition is pretty ok,yes the elevated road work is in progress but nothing major I thought to cause a snarl(ofcourse I may have been lucky as well)

The JC road option as Ajith has mentioned is the best and easiest IMHO,start early and you would be there on time.

Totally OT,why would you want to go to Yelahanka station?I thought no trains stopped there!Or atleast that trains that passed Yelahanka always touched City or Cantt which is easier to go to?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks