Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2010, 11:35   #616
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Guys, does anyone have an idea of the status of the main expressway construction uptill Mysore ? There's been no news from quite some some time about all the legal battles which had been going on so im assuming that things must be progressing quietly ?

The current SH to Mysore is becoming a real pain to drive on, its time we got a better road !
That was my doubt as well. The whole thing started with an expressway to Mysore. But not even a small of that thing has been mentioned. I do see some trucks crossing the BMIC crossing on the NICE. But I dont know where they head to.
Old 4th November 2010, 13:07   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
That was my doubt as well. The whole thing started with an expressway to Mysore. But not even a small of that thing has been mentioned. I do see some trucks crossing the BMIC crossing on the NICE. But I dont know where they head to.
Just read some old articles.From 2001 onwards this project is having issues.
I think the current Govt. is the only one which will support it fully.(But they are busy building good internal roads inside their party )

A NICE fraud? - The BMIC project - India Together
list some early day issues.

Even nice's website are having articles created on 1999. Seems even they are not much interested to make some new PR or facelift efforts. They'll be happy to collect maximum toll in the current roads finished and keep the toll collection forever.

Last edited by mykal shoemaker : 4th November 2010 at 13:09.
Old 11th November 2010, 16:46   #618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal shoemaker View Post
Electronics city-Bannergatta road- Rs.20/-
Bannerghatta rd-Mysore road exit- I think either 33 or 45. not sure.
Bannerghatta rd-Tumkur exit (the other end) is 83/-
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Electronic City to Banerghatta Road - 20/-
Banerghatta Road to Mysore Road - 38/-
Did a Mysore trip this Sunday..
Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
Don't even try getting into BTM layout and all that. You'd save atleast 1.5hrs minimum. There was a post with a picture to pass thru the Bannerghatta junction, shouldn't be difficult.

Guys thanks a lot for the suggestions will be going thro the link during this weekend.

Hope the link that cuts thro the Bannnergattha road is looking fine despite the recent rains.
Old 11th November 2010, 18:40   #619
BHPian

I don't think BMIC is going to start an expressway to Mysore, was reading an article in TOI some months back, and the current Govt is planning to upgrade SH17 as 6 lane expressway(1 lane increase each side) with the road converted as Toll road.So may be NICE will get that contract, and its easy to upgrade a 4 lane road to 6 lane rather than doing a whole new 6 lane road, god will know when that work will end if starts.
Old 11th November 2010, 18:59   #620
Senior - BHPian

If it goes to NICE company then I guess it will finish very soon(keeping in mind that no disturbances occur. i.e of high magnitude)
Old 11th November 2010, 22:21   #621
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I don't think BMIC is going to start an expressway to Mysore, was reading an article in TOI some months back, and the current Govt is planning to upgrade SH17 as 6 lane expressway(1 lane increase each side) with the road converted as Toll road.So may be NICE will get that contract, and its easy to upgrade a 4 lane road to 6 lane rather than doing a whole new 6 lane road, god will know when that work will end if starts.
Well the point is making it a 6 lanes is not going to solve the problem, the actual issue is the roads turning into acute angles very often.
Also with lots of places coming in between and unruly number of huge speed breakers breaking the vehicle.
Even if the road is 6 lanes these things will still continue, the problem now is not the width its with the way passes thro all the places that is reducing one's travelling time.
Moreover I know there are lots of main builinds coming on the main road in the places like Ramnagara, dont think it would be possible to remove them that easily for expansion.

Bottomline: dont think it will happen.
Old 11th November 2010, 22:47   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Moreover I know there are lots of main builinds coming on the main road in the places like Ramnagara, dont think it would be possible to remove them that easily for expansion.

Bottomline: dont think it will happen.
But in major junctions if you notice so kms are 6 lane, what they need is to reduce the number of U turns available, removing speed brakers, dedicated lanes, not allowing local traffic comming in between expressway vehicles, vehicles comming from opposite side in the wrong lane, else the current road is not that bad, I remember doing BLR-Mysore in 1 hr 25 mins in my alto in 2008, which was during 3:30am to 5 am. But yes seeing the Govt's position in Bidhan Saudha, don't think they are going to last 5yrs, and the party opposing NICE road, will not make it happen for sure.
Old 11th November 2010, 23:18   #623
Team-BHP Support

Most importantly barricade the Highway for folks to be confident that no one comes from anywhere.

Humps ? The lesser said the better!
Old 12th November 2010, 15:42   #624
BHPian

NICE road to Mysore: An update

Today's vernacular daily, KannadaPrabha carries a front-page article on the current status of NICE road to Mysore. According to it, the remaining work that needs to be done is only 94.6%!!!

Of the 111kms of the road that needs to be built, only 6kms have been completed from Hemmigepura clover leaf junction to BM Kaval. The work that was supposed to have started from Mysore too is yet to start. The report says that the govt has identified the land, but has not handed over the same to NICE. And NICE says, it would start the work as soon as the lands are handed over to them. It doesn't therefore appear that we would be able to zip thru to Mysore in 1.5hrs, in the near future.

Apparently, 60,000 vehicles ply on the 41kms of the peripheral and link roads that have been compelted. Even at an avg. toll of Rs.30/vehicle the daily collection amounts to about 18lacs!!

Prasad

Last edited by prasad14 : 12th November 2010 at 15:43.
Old 12th November 2010, 15:57   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Most importantly barricade the Highway for folks to be confident that no one comes from anywhere.

Humps ? The lesser said the better!
This road cannot be a freeway. That was the reason they started NICE corridor independent of this road. Since it was taking impossible amount of time for NICE they decided to upgrade it to 4 lanes.

I like the current road with twisties, its enjoyable to drive and has much better quality than the NICE peripheral road.

Last edited by srishiva : 12th November 2010 at 15:59.
Old 12th November 2010, 16:44   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
This road cannot be a freeway. That was the reason they started NICE corridor independent of this road. Since it was taking impossible amount of time for NICE they decided to upgrade it to 4 lanes.

I like the current road with twisties, its enjoyable to drive and has much better quality than the NICE peripheral road.
No one can doubt the quality of Mysore road, but the issue starts when its twilight in evening and you have a sudden visitor standing to cross the road on a bike or cart on a blind U turn, and you are just returning home after a happy weekend.
Old 12th November 2010, 16:45   #627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
, its enjoyable to drive and has much better quality than the NICE peripheral road.
How true! NICE these days has deteriorated in quality. Also, the amount of truck traffic has also increased and this has resulted in lane indiscipline.

Their Patrol Jeep is a hopeless bunch of morons who just keep driving and probably stopping by seeing parked Trucks and nothing else. (Dont they see how Tata Aces or most of the trucks drive on the fast lane and block others from overtaking?).

For an unusually higher amount of toll that we pay, the road quality is pathetic coupled with badly placed barricades that compromise on the safety during nights.
Old 12th November 2010, 17:18   #628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
How true! NICE these days has deteriorated in quality. Also, the amount of truck traffic has also increased and this has resulted in lane indiscipline.

Their Patrol Jeep is a hopeless bunch of morons who just keep driving and probably stopping by seeing parked Trucks and nothing else. (Dont they see how Tata Aces or most of the trucks drive on the fast lane and block others from overtaking?).

For an unusually higher amount of toll that we pay, the road quality is pathetic coupled with badly placed barricades that compromise on the safety during nights.
Very true, traffic has increased in NICE and our truck guys have no clues on what a speed lane is supposed for. They just block all the lanes in a slow cycle race and so called NICE patrol doesn't do anything to help the situation.
Old 12th November 2010, 19:15   #629
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Totally with you on that. But if they have to make a 6 lane that mean increase of average speeds. At least they should install some preventive measures on the highway.
Old 30th November 2010, 15:31   #630
BHPian

From Electronics City to Kanakapura Road, is it advisible to take NICE road?

In Google map, there is still a break near Bannargatta road juntion. Can anyone advise?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks