Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 15:43   #511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
I just read in another forum that NICE has already opened one way connecting Bannerghatta road to Hosur road and people donot need to take a detour at Bannerghatta road. But on the reverse direction from Hosur road to bannerghatta road, it is still not opened yet. Is this true?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
That is news. Did not hear about it.
+1 to that. Did the NICE road last Sunday and there was no major change (well, except for the Rs.20 I paid at Hosur road toll gate, which was previously Rs.15!!!)

You still need to do the Banarghatta detour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I am planning a Chennai - Coorg Trip towards the end of July.

Chennai - Hosur - E.City - NICE - Srirangapatna - Mysore Bypass - Coorg

What is the status of the NICE Road ? I will be crossing the same at around 6:00 am. Is it sake to cross at that time ? I read a post about a BHPians unsafe passage through NICE near Bannerghatta.

Is it worth taking NICE Road or should i go via BTM - Banshankari - Mysore Road ?

How easy or difficult is it to navigate at the place where NICE road ends. (Near Bannerghatta)
It is safe. Just do not stop for anything in between.

Coming down from Hosur side, you will be directed off the road towards a detour to the right. Take that road and take the first left you come up to. It is a slight climb up. That road will wind its way to the Banarghatta road, where you need to take a left. Around <1km you will find NICE road on the right. Very difficult to miss.
Old 6th July 2010, 15:44   #512
Team-BHP Support

@scopriobharath,

Whether the break at Bannnerghatta road is fixed or not, it would still help you to take NICE road.
You may have some inconvenience, but that it still is a huge advantage.
Old 7th July 2010, 09:37   #513
BHPian

Quote:
babaops, please post your view. it will greatly help me.
I saw a couple of cars and lots of trucks coming thru the underconstruction area, didnt try it out myself though, so cannot comment on the quality of road there.

Can anyone coming via the kanakpura side check and post it.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:05   #514
Senior - BHPian

Thank you babaops, Deepak, Ampere and Happy Wheels,

Few more Basic questions -

1) I have not visited bangalore after they opened they Elevated Flyover. While coming from Hosur, If i want to Take the NICE Road, should i use the flyover or use the ordinary ground Road

2) Are there any Speed Guns on NICE Road. I read from other posts that There is a speed gun near Kengeri, but none so far on NICE. your comments please.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:09   #515
Team-BHP Support

No. Dont take the Elevated road. Else you will end up into the Bangalore city!
Once you cross the E-City, take the left most road (the service road).
Within 2-3Km you should see the NICE road exit on the left.

Dont stay on the main road also. Stick to the service road.
NICE road is accessible only through the service road (left most).

Last edited by ampere : 7th July 2010 at 16:10.
Old 7th July 2010, 16:14   #516
BHPian

Nice road

Would advise all to take the nice road since traveling through yeswantpur is horrendous due to the elevated road construction, even with nice road you are sure to get traffic jams at 6am in morning towards mangalore..
Old 7th July 2010, 16:23   #517
Senior - BHPian

^^ Ampere: not sure of taking the left most service road after E-city and the E-highway toll booths. Have never noticed it! (Also, not sure if my recommendation below is the same as yours!)

Bharath: Taking the NICE road exit is a bit messy due to the lack of absolutely any visible signs on the road. I believe there is one, which for all purpose seems to be there for name-sake!

So, this is what I do. Coming down from Hosur, you will come across the large over-head board informing of the various lanes to take to enter the flyover. Ignore all of that and keep the right (fast lane) of the road. This will ensure that you will miss all the toll booth taking you up to the flyover. The road will now be a 2 lane road. Less than a KM from the point you cross these toll booths, you will come to a signal.

Keep to the extreme left, as you need to take the service road once you clear the signal. You have a wide intersection, so you will have enough distance to get into the service road. Do not miss this. Missing this means going for a long distance to take the u-turn at the next signal.

As soon as you enter the service road, you will find an exit on the left, going up. Take that exit and you will be on the NICE road. This is E-city - Banarghetta section. Toll Rs.20/- as of last weekend.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 7th July 2010 at 16:24.
Old 7th July 2010, 18:13   #518
Team-BHP Support

What you is say is perfectly right. I meant the same.
i.e. Take the service road after one goes beyond the E-Road toll booth.

Just that I meant once beyond the toll, one should not stay on main Hosur road. NICE road exit is
through service road which is barricaded from the main road.

Last edited by ampere : 7th July 2010 at 18:16.
Old 7th July 2010, 18:25   #519
Senior - BHPian

I fail to understand the lack of a proper road sign for the NICE road!

They have lit up the whole place for the toll booths, but not for the NICE road. Is missing the toll booths at a higher probability than missing NICE road???

Sign!!!
Old 7th July 2010, 19:19   #520
BHPian

Though it was first time I did not miss the NICE road left turn. One can ask some Meru drivers also who help out. I do not know the topography of Bangalore also. Still was able to find the NICE road. Keep to your left.
Old 7th July 2010, 20:33   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you babaops, Deepak, Ampere and Happy Wheels,

Few more Basic questions -

1) I have not visited bangalore after they opened they Elevated Flyover. While coming from Hosur, If i want to Take the NICE Road, should i use the flyover or use the ordinary ground Road

2) Are there any Speed Guns on NICE Road. I read from other posts that There is a speed gun near Kengeri, but none so far on NICE. your comments please.
And after all these instructions you can not miss NICE road, and there are no Speed guns on NICE road, as far as I know and have not seen one since its opening.
Old 7th July 2010, 20:45   #522
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
and there are no Speed guns on NICE road, as far as I know and have not seen one since its opening.
There are certainly Tata Aces & trucks in the fast lane or two trucks trying to overtake each other at single digit speeds on inclines at various stretches doing the duty of speed governors.

It is a part of the package .

Last edited by paragsachania : 7th July 2010 at 20:47.
Old 7th July 2010, 20:47   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
And after all these instructions you can not miss NICE road, and there are no Speed guns on NICE road, as far as I know and have not seen one since its opening.
Asdon, i think it being a private road, traffic cops are also not to be seen ? Even i havent seen any interceptors
Old 8th July 2010, 09:19   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Asdon, i think it being a private road, traffic cops are also not to be seen ? Even i havent seen any interceptors
There would not be any traffic cops on this road, anyways even if there are I would personally think twice before stopping, who knows that might be a new way by robbers to loot people on this road.
Old 8th July 2010, 13:35   #525
BHPian

bypassing bangalore

i used nice road yesterday from mysore road -hosur road while coming from kannur on my way to chennai.

mysore rd to bannrghatta rd - toll Rs.37/-
bannerghatta rd - hosur road - toll Rs.20/-

the bannerghatta rd crossing once complete would be fantastic.there was some work going on there but not sure if its the connecting road work.
i could touch hosur road in 30 mins from mysore road, which would easily take 1.5-2hrs through city.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks