Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2010, 22:14   #541
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
A friend who lives in the area told me that there still exist a stay from the court on a small parcel of land where the over bridge over Bannerghatta road is to come up. So we may have to wait some more time for a nice drive through the NICE road.

-- Wind
There we go again! Some things wont just complete!
Old 10th July 2010, 13:02   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
There we go again! Some things wont just complete!
As long as we have people who continue to get court stay orders on flimsy ground, the scene won't change.
Old 10th July 2010, 14:00   #543
BHPian

hey Bang,

You are bang on spot. But just think over why the honble court also entertains and issues stay order on anything & everything on the earth.
Old 10th July 2010, 14:30   #544
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
hey Bang,

You are bang on spot. But just think over why the honble court also entertains and issues stay order on anything & everything on the earth.
I have seen in some cases (out side this case) they have started rejecting petitions outright. There was a case filed against IITJEE this year to be stopped, as some sections of students were not able to give this exam. The judge rejected it outright stating they would not jeopardize the fate of lakhs as against few hundreds, who were not even sure if they would qualify!

I hope the situations improve further.

Sorry for this OT.
Old 10th July 2010, 22:39   #545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
nice drive through the NICE road.

-- Wind

Wind,

sorry to disappoint you, but the NICE drive on NICE road is just name sake. i never found the drive so nice.The quality of the road is very bad. Some patches of the road has already melted due to bad quality asphalting.

At few points, the road suddenly narrows from 4 lanes to 2 lane. While entering the NICE road from the TOLL gate at Mysore road, the entry point is totally blind. If one is not careful, the oncoming traffic from Tumkur road may just bang into your car. It could be a major accident. Safety is not an importance here at all. This is the same during entry from kanakapura road.

The roads is kind of swaying type. i feel as if i am sailing, pretty bad quality.

No street lights anywhere, you can get robbed, mugged and what not, if one plans to do so.

People wait near the toll booths requesting rides. i dont know who are genuine ride seekers and who are fakes?

Apart from all the reasons, few sections may get closed without any news whatsoever due to issues with villagers around.

i am forced to take this route every day , cant help it.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 10th July 2010 at 22:44.
Old 11th July 2010, 09:15   #546
BHPian

During my driving from Mumbai to Madurai I had to come from Tumkur road to hosur Road and had to bypass Bangalore. Without getting into the traffic snarl, I am out of Bangalore in a jiffy so to say except for a detour of 2 kms.

To this much extent, this road is a boon for motorists and also for Lorry drivers.

I have vowed for myself not to take out my car for this long trip till Ranebennur flyover, NICE stretch are completed.
Old 11th July 2010, 10:39   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
Wind,

sorry to disappoint you, but the NICE drive on NICE road is just name sake. i never found the drive so nice.The quality of the road is very bad. Some patches of the road has already melted due to bad quality asphalting.
+1. The road quality has deteriorated in recent years. From Mysore Rd->BG Rd some stretches have become really bad and you need to slow down.

Patch work is also going on in a few places. On top of all this, the toll rates have gone up recently.

They don't even have a return journey ticket - like you have on the NHAI roads - if you return in 24 hrs you get a discount.
Old 11th July 2010, 10:52   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

The entire NICE expressway is a Godsend for Bangalore traffic. I really hope they realize that and maintain it appropriately, else, it would be a shame.

Last edited by theMAG : 11th July 2010 at 10:55.
Old 12th July 2010, 18:08   #549
Senior - BHPian

One ridiculous thing is the Speed limit is set to 80 on the Fast lane. On Such a NICE Road, speed limit of 80 kmph sounds impractical. Of course, we can speed at around 120 on that, but one fine day, some cop may turn up with a radar gun and issue a ticket for doing 80+ on a 80 kmph road.

It is my Dream to see a Chennai - Mysore KSRTC Rajahamsa or Airavat take the NICE road to reach mysore instead of going through Majestic.
Old 12th July 2010, 18:31   #550
Team-BHP Support

There is a Kengeri satallite township. Hopefully they will build a KSRTC satellite terminal there as well.
Old 13th July 2010, 16:33   #551
BHPian

Hey Amps,

hoping for a satellite bus stand ! but its already being built in kengeri. It should be up and operational very soon.

This is on the left side before entering Kengeri while travelling to mysore from Bangalore.
Old 13th July 2010, 16:42   #552
BHPian

NICE road is an easy way out for us Whitefielders-with the metro being built, traffic and autos-i prefer the little longer but easier NICE. What really dissappoints about NICE that the surface is no more "nice' the patch work is shoddy!!!
Old 20th July 2010, 18:23   #553
Senior - BHPian

Guys, One question just for my Info. Do they allow Auto rickshaws on NICE Road.

If i hire an auto from Kengeri to go to Electronic City, Will he be allowed to take NICE Road ? (Assuming the Person who hired the rickshaw pays toll)
Old 20th July 2010, 18:27   #554
BHPian

No, three wheelers ( passenger / luggage ) are not allowed on NICE road.
Old 11th August 2010, 07:01   #555
BHPian

Nice Peripheral road ready

The Nice Peripheral road is ready sans the over bridge at Baneraghatta road

Sights, sounds and smells from Bangalore: NICE Peripheral Road ready

-- Wind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks