Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2010, 13:12   #421
Senior - BHPian

I have to travel tomorrow early morning via NICE. Is the strecth from BG road till Nelmangala ok to to tomorrow at about 3:30 AM ?
Old 12th February 2010, 13:16   #422
BHPian

If you are starting very early, you can very well go via ORR until Bannerghatta road and join NICE from there, unless you want to experience the newly built expressway in Hosur road. You will not save much time going via ecity
Old 12th February 2010, 17:49   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
I have to travel tomorrow early morning via NICE. Is the strecth from BG road till Nelmangala ok to to tomorrow at about 3:30 AM ?
Should be fine. I've gone there between 2am - 4am a few of times and found it to be quite safe. However, it may not be a good idea to stop en route for any reason.
Old 12th February 2010, 21:43   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPGB View Post
Hi,

Iam going to mysore tmrw early morning ( start @marathahalli ) and plan to take NICE from hosur road. Can anyone please tell me if there are proper signages in the broken BG road section to detour both to and fro( from hosur road side and mysore road side ) ?

Thanks
the route at the point of the broken BG section would be as follows for you

Nice road ( hosur road to broken section point)
take right ( go straight till the first turn)
take left (continue on the road straight)
you reach BG road
Take left
go straight (arnd 300 mtrs)
the road to Mysore (Nice road) would be on your right (then follow the signs)

hopw this helps you.
Old 15th February 2010, 03:55   #425
BHPian

Today, I have been to Kanakapura via nice road from hosure road. Its cheating to collect the Toll even though road stretch is completed, after few minutes drive, road is closed and need to take right to reach the BG road, the road condition is pathetic, especially for people who will be driving first time, you can not judge the pothhole depth even while reaching to near. on my return, tried to avoid nice road from BG road to hosur road and came via BTM.
Old 15th February 2010, 06:18   #426
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raka1o View Post
Today, I have been to Kanakapura via nice road from hosure road. Its cheating to collect the Toll even though road stretch is completed, after few minutes drive, road is closed and need to take right to reach the BG road, the road condition is pathetic, especially for people who will be driving first time, you can not judge the pothhole depth even while reaching to near. on my return, tried to avoid nice road from BG road to hosur road and came via BTM.
The NICE is worth during day time if you have to cross, Hosur road to Mysore road. At nights, crossing the broken BG road stretch is not safe.

The continuous drive stretches are fine, where one does not need to go over the BG road section.
Old 15th February 2010, 07:08   #427
Senior - BHPian

I went via NICE on NH4 this Saturday, 4:30 AM the lack of signages would easily confuse a noob on that stretch. E.g. The place where Tumkur is shown, why the hell would anyone take that route knowing it would go to Tumkur village as often it does on other bypass, but. neigh. It goes towards Tumkur bypass and not the village and the other unmarked branch returns you towards Bangalore. Horrible. Also the toll total is 66 for the entire stretch which is on the higher side IMHO.
Old 15th February 2010, 16:00   #428
BHPian

The sign boards can improve.

We were returning from Chikmagalur and wanted to enter BLR thru Kanakpura road.

The sign board on the main expressway showed the Kanakpura road deviation correctly. But after branching away from the main road, we hit Kanakpura road at a junction that had left and right turns. But there was no board saying which of the left and right took you towards BLR and Kanakpura.

Since it was at about 1 AM, there wasnt a single soul on the road to ask directions. Then out of our limited knowledge on BLR geography we turned right that took us to the city.
Old 16th February 2010, 16:43   #429
BHPian

Sign boards can improve by miiles. Once I was going to Bangalore University through NICE road and at the NICE road-Mysore road intersection, there was a sign-board that pointed towards Mysore, but none towards Bangalore. I assumed there could be another exit for the Bangalore side of Mysore road, and ended up going all the way to Magadi road to find the next exit!
Old 16th February 2010, 17:25   #430
J.Ravi

Recently, when I came from Kanakapura Road to Mysore Road, I could find one exit only, which simply stated 'Towards Mysore, Kengeri' IIRC. So, I took that exit, reached Mysore Road, travelled towards Mysore, took U turn and returned home via Kengeri/Bangalore University. I wished there was another exit to go towards Kengeri/Bangalore University.

Old 16th February 2010, 18:06   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I took that exit, reached Mysore Road, travelled towards Mysore, took U turn ...
I didn't think of that option until I passed the exit :( And it was too late by then. The place I wanted to go was Nagarbhavi, and I ended up getting on to Magadi road and navigating 5km(approx) of horrendous roads before I could reach where I wanted to.
Old 16th February 2010, 19:42   #432
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhashnm View Post
I didn't think of that option until I passed the exit :( And it was too late by then. The place I wanted to go was Nagarbhavi, and I ended up getting on to Magadi road and navigating 5km(approx) of horrendous roads before I could reach where I wanted to.
I guess there should be two ways.
  • Get off Magadi road towards the city. Drive till ORR and you can take a diversion from there at the Ambekar college junction.
  • Second is to get off Mysore road, drive till Bangalore university and then drive beyond BU to Nagarbhavi.

Though I have NOT taken this road, I am just "guesstimating".

Last edited by ampere : 16th February 2010 at 19:50.
Old 17th February 2010, 08:41   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I guess there should be two ways.
  • Get off Magadi road towards the city. Drive till ORR and you can take a diversion from there at the Ambekar college junction.
  • Second is to get off Mysore road, drive till Bangalore university and then drive beyond BU to Nagarbhavi.
You are right, The first option was what I ended up doing when I missed the exit on the NICE road.

And, the second option is what I took when I came back I had had enough of NICE road for a day, and just got on to ORR and came back to Bommanahalli through Banashankari, JP Nagar and BTM.
Old 17th February 2010, 09:02   #434
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhashnm View Post
[/list]You are right, The first option was what I ended up doing when I missed the exit on the NICE road.

And, the second option is what I took when I came back I had had enough of NICE road for a day, and just got on to ORR and came back to Bommanahalli through Banashankari, JP Nagar and BTM.
Sometimes things are so funny! First time I went to Nagarbhavi, I was at Yelahanka. I was told to go via the Vijayanagar Bus stand and keep going down. I went that path and reached my destination. I had no sense of direction and geography at that time.

The second time I went (I was in South Bangalore), I was told to drive through BU. That is when I realized, where this place was. Those were times I was oblivious to google maps. Now when I look back at those times, I realize how things have changed. A look at Google maps and you know where you are going !
Old 21st February 2010, 22:45   #435
Team-BHP Support

Took the NICE road today between Hosur and Bannerghatta roads to go to the National Park/Zoo. I must say if one is any where near Hosur intending to go this way he must take it. Its worth the 15 Rs toll (I know its high). I was at Bannerghatta from Silk board in about 35 minutes. Much better than the jam packed ORR BTM Layout stretch (May it be Sunday or any other day !).

But not recommended in dark hours. The work around at Gottegere is not worth the risk either at night or any dark hours. Forget the mugging aspects, even the pot holes are so deep that if you miss them, god save the suspensions !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks