Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 19:55   #331
Team-BHP Support

If you are talking of times like 10-11PM, you need not take the NICE. The local times would have cleared by then.

7-9PM, I think it would be busy. Should be no issues. Also note that late in the evening, traffic would be out of Bangalore and into Bangalore from the Tumkur road. So it should not be difficult.

But please bear, this is only theory as I have not driven on the NICE road.

Last edited by ampere : 30th October 2009 at 19:57.
Old 30th October 2009, 22:36   #332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv-Bang View Post
Is it safe to travel on this stretch at night now considering that i will be travelling with wifey & kids on my return trip? I have read some old posts advising against night travel on this stretch.
10 - 11 PM is fine. After that it is not advisable. If you have to, travel in groups that might be more safe.
Old 30th October 2009, 22:42   #333

yes this connects to Tumkur Road (NH4). This is a exit ramp after Mysore road while travelling from Banergatta road towards Tumkur. If I am correct the exit is after the 3rd toll post.
Old 31st October 2009, 09:06   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushil.raddi View Post
This is a exit ramp after Mysore road while travelling from Banergatta road towards Tumkur.
There is an exit ramp to Mysore road on while travelling from Banergatta road towards Tumkur via NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you are talking of times like 10-11PM, you need not take the NICE. The local times would have cleared by then.
Ohh no saar how could you forget the Nelmangala clogging of the trucks and pvt buses exiting Bangalore. This clogging could be reduced by a fair amount if NICE is taken. Not to mention the frustration which has the potential to ruin the trip ahead.

Quote:
Guys,

I stay in in Koramangala, can somebody suggest the best route to get onto NICE road towards Tumkur given the latest changes.
Sorry forgot to answer this part.
Come to Forum - Dairy Circle - Oracle - Accenture - IBM - go right below the Jaydeva flyover - Shopper stop - HSBC Bank - Mahalaxmi temple - Islamia college of tech - gotigere (all this in a straight line w/o any turns). There is a board marked on the RHS of the road mentioning entry to NICE. This is 3 kms after gotigere. Make sure you don't miss this.
Old 31st October 2009, 21:27   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
- HSBC Bank - Mahalaxmi temple -
You mean Meenakshi Amman Temple right?
Old 31st October 2009, 22:41   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajakumar View Post
You mean Meenakshi Amman Temple right?
Meenakshi temple is it ? I am now totally confused. I am talking about the one opp Islamia institute of technology, on the right side of the road while going to Gotigere. Are you talking about the same temple ?
Old 1st November 2009, 09:58   #337
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday I had been to Bannerghatta park. I clearly saw the NICE road construction. However, while there was a clear indication to turn towards Mysore road there was none for Hosur road (or may that I did not find it). While coming back I wanted to take this road to connect to Hosur road. Totally got lost by taking the wrong turn. But still turned good, as I came out on the Hosur road through the Electronic City Gate!

Although not good at night!
Old 2nd November 2009, 09:38   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Yesterday I had been to Bannerghatta park. I clearly saw the NICE road construction. However, while there was a clear indication to turn towards Mysore road there was none for Hosur road (or may that I did not find it). While coming back I wanted to take this road to connect to Hosur road. Totally got lost by taking the wrong turn. But still turned good, as I came out on the Hosur road through the Electronic City Gate!

Although not good at night!
There is no proper entry from Bannerghatta road onto Hosur side of Nice road. There is a road which goes on the Gotigere lake bund which connects to the nice road. Actual connection to Nice from Bannerghatta road is still being constructed.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:47   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Meenakshi temple is it ? I am now totally confused. I am talking about the one opp Islamia institute of technology, on the right side of the road while going to Gotigere. Are you talking about the same temple ?
Thanks for the info Pervez,

Any idea how much would be the diference in Kms in case i decide to take the electronic road entry instead of Banerghatta entry towards tumkur. I mean the distance from EC entry point to Banerghatta entry point.
Old 2nd November 2009, 12:56   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the info Pervez,

Any idea how much would be the diference in Kms in case i decide to take the electronic road entry instead of Banerghatta entry towards tumkur. I mean the distance from EC entry point to Banerghatta entry point.
Nope, no idea. Maybe someone else who has already used both options might be able to give a better judgement. But if you are residing in Koramangala, you can use the BG - gotigere entry point safely and time effectively. IMHO purely.
Old 2nd November 2009, 13:07   #341
Senior - BHPian

Rajiv , use google maps to get an approximate distance between points. It more or less give a rough estimate.

PS : Today did gotigeere ( banerghatta road ) to electronic city . What a road ! . Opened the throttle to max,it was very pleasant morning ride .Toll at the end of the EC was 6 Rs . .
I asked him , when this stretch will be completed . He said "In one month saar " .

Last edited by black12rr : 2nd November 2009 at 13:09.
Old 14th November 2009, 19:07   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
There is no proper entry from Bannerghatta road onto Hosur side of Nice road. There is a road which goes on the Gotigere lake bund which connects to the nice road. Actual connection to Nice from Bannerghatta road is still being constructed.
The road in front of T. John's college has been freshly asphalted and we now have a second entry/exit to/from NICE road east of Bannerghatta road. Here is the route plotted in Google maps.

T Johns to BNGTA Running Route created by guest - A Google Pedometer

--Wind
Old 15th November 2009, 21:33   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
The road in front of T. John's college has been freshly asphalted and we now have a second entry/exit to/from NICE road east of Bannerghatta road. Here is the route plotted in Google maps.

T Johns to BNGTA Running Route created by guest - A Google Pedometer

--Wind
Yes. The only hitch here is you need to go through a narrow village road.
Old 16th November 2009, 09:21   #344
Senior - BHPian

As long as we drive slowly and carefully through that village I find that route is good always, Even when it was very bad we travelled in alto, innova etc. At last it is good to hear NICE road is connected from banashankari ring road and from all other ends. Once stretch along Gottigere lake is completed it will lead to 100% completion. I think its matter of 3 months.

Ravi.
Old 18th November 2009, 08:52   #345
Senior - BHPian

NICE has completed Link road which joins banashanakari ring road near PES college from Clover Leef Park (which is in between mysore road and kanakapura road) towards Bangaloe City. this is really great help since If someone wants to go towards electronic city or tumkur road from centre of city this is the road to use. I hope in couple of months they would complete road in Gottigere area.

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks