Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 21:38   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Let me share my perspective -- I had been using the NICE road between b-ghatta road to Mysore road daily for past 6-8 months or so to reach my office in Global Village (Behind RV Engg College)

My alternate route would have been B-ghatta road --> JP Nagar --> Kanakpura Road, Utarahalli -> BGS Hospital -> Global Village

Distance to/from using NICE Road: 56 Kms (30Kms NICE road, 26 kms of city driving **)
Distance to/from using CITY Road: 40 Kms (100% city driving)

Mileage that I get if I use NICE Road: 11Kmpl (best case scenario) (~5 Lts of petrol /day)
Mileage that I get if I use CITY Road: 8 Kmpl (worst case scenario) (~5 Lts of petrol /day)

Time taken (NICE Road): 50 - 60 Minutes
Time Taken (City Road): 60 -70 Minutes

Monthly expense: NICE Road (before toll): 21 Days * 5 lts/day = 105 Lts petrol = ~5400
Add monthly toll: (39*2/day) = 21 * 78 = 1638

Total expense (NICE ROAD): ~7000 INR

Monthly Expense: CITY Road: 21 days * 5 Lts/day = 105 lts petrol = ~5400

So for me: Bye Bye NICE road on a daily basis. The bad stretch at Gottegire is NOT worth is anymore with the toll and spending EXTRA 1600 Rupees.

**PS: On a daily basis one has to factor the time/traffic while entering into NICE road itself. At b-ghatta road, one eventually finds congested traffic at Gottigere & also at B-ghatta road near Reliance mart.
Old 19th December 2008, 22:12   #212
Team-BHP Support

Just took nice road from Hosur road to Banerghatta road. No toll. The toll booths on hosur road were smashed up all broken glass everywhere and lots of cops. Looks like public wasn't happy paying toll.
Old 20th December 2008, 22:07   #213
Senior - BHPian

If they had completed the entire stretch it would have made sense to pay toll. Because of Bannergatta road junction and Mysore road junction collecting toll is wrong for sure.

If they decide to collect toll, they would have collected it for reasonable cost like 50 paisa per km of completed stretch untill entire 41 km is ready.

Right now keeping public interest collecting toll is day light robbary :(

From a day back lot of protests startes from farmers, kannada sanga etc.. group have come forward and government has assured they would talk to NICE officials to reduce toll, so it appears its well made plan to collect heavy toll and reduce it later.

for CARS right now 50 paisa per km is worth it, anything beyond that price its day light robbery and once entire 41km stretch is completed, for cars aprox. 1.50 to 2/- per km is ok rate considerring one can cover 41km from Tumkur road to hosur road in 30 minutes without any city traffic.

Regards,

Ravi.

Last edited by ravibhat : 20th December 2008 at 22:10.
Old 20th December 2008, 22:25   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Right now keeping public interest collecting toll is day light robbary :(
So many comments about day light robbery – wondering if the toll is not applicable at night?

Anyway current objective seems to get the attention first – then one reduction and then people will pay it without much bad feeling.
Old 24th December 2008, 09:01   #215
Senior - BHPian

NICE relents, will cut toll 25% from Jan

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: Bowing to pressure, the Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE) on Tuesday reduced the toll on peripheral and link roads of the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor by 25%.
NICE managing director Ashok Kheny told reporters here that the revised rates will come into effect on January 1. “Chief minister B S Yeddyurappa and opposition leader Mallikarjun M Kharge spoke to me about the toll being high. In public interest, the company has reduced
the toll fee by 25%,’’ Kheny said. Justifying the high toll fee rates, he said the BMIC road is 75 metres wide with world-class infrastructure.
The rates, which the company had fixed earlier and were in force for the first few days, were drawn up as per the Toll Concession Act of 2000.
Accusing the Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) of not following Supreme Court directives, Kheny said the board is surviving on the NICE interest money. “We have paid crores of rupees to the KIADB to compensate the farmers who have parted with their land to the BMIC project several years ago. The board, instead of providing compensation, has deposited the money in a bank and surviving on the interest from it,’’ Kheny alleged.
Dismissing the allegations of former PM H D Deve Gowda that the NICE would make Rs 30,000 crore profit out of this project, Kheny said he was ready to sell the project to Gowda for Rs 10,000 crore and asked him to make a profit of Rs 20,000 crore.
Kheny also challenged the government that he would construct residential layouts for land-losing farmers within three months of government issuing sale deed of the land. Condemning the attack on toll plazas, he said it was carried out at the behest of JD(S), where “children as young as 8- and 10-year-olds were hired for protests”.

LESS BURDEN NOW: Toll on BMIC roads will be cut by 25% from Jan 1, but two-wheelers won’t get any relief
Old 24th December 2008, 09:08   #216
Senior - BHPian

Old 24th December 2008, 11:05   #217
Senior - BHPian

I still feel that the rates are on a higher side.
Mys Rd - Tumkur Rd 33 Rs for 17kms .. Almost 2Rs/km
Old 24th December 2008, 11:13   #218
Senior - BHPian

hahaha... the usual tactic; first give a high figure, wait for people to react and then lower it. All are happy!

@Sushrutha,
They are high. But then, now they will not reduce any further since they have already done once.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 24th December 2008 at 11:14.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:13   #219
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion Rs.2/km for this road is worth it. At least for me being based in Jigani and having customers in Peenya & Nelamangala. I have to travel the entire stretch from Hosur Road to Tumkur Road. Takes me 50 mins to get from here to there. Distance from my office to the Nelamangala customer's office is 80 kms+. Totally worth it for me.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:15   #220
Team-BHP Support

Guys, how is the connecting road from Electronic City to Mysore road? Does it link directly to Mysore road, or does one need to get onto to Bannerghatta road, and then proceed towards Mysore road?
Old 24th December 2008, 11:16   #221
Senior - BHPian

You have to get onto Bannerghatta Road as of now.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:45   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
... Distance from my office to the Nelamangala customer's office is 80 kms+. Totally worth it for me.
80 kms of test track for you, isnt it Vikram. Now you are one guy who is certainly happy with this.

Just hope none of the interceptors jockeys are on this road!
Old 8th January 2009, 16:07   #223
BHPian

NICE road tolls..

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
80 kms of test track for you, isnt it Vikram. Now you are one guy who is certainly happy with this.

Just hope none of the interceptors jockeys are on this road!
I dont think any one can be happy. It is not even about happiness, it is total lack of business sense.

Anyone who goes goooo-goooo gaaaa-gaaa over NICE road should drive in GQ. Much better roads, cat eyes even on lane seperators, excellent roads and the toll?? only 60paise/km for cars. That is what NHAI charges the road users. There is no way NICE road is superior to GQ to charge so much. It bull sh** for them to use the usual cliche that "this is bangalore, land is costly" etc, but they got land at concessional rate, not the market rate.

So, we should make Mr.Keny realise that his product is not better than GQ and does not deserve the toll he is asking for.

Nainar
Old 9th January 2009, 08:39   #224
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anainar View Post
I dont think any one can be happy. It is not even about happiness, it is total lack of business sense.

Anyone who goes goooo-goooo gaaaa-gaaa over NICE road should drive in GQ. Much better roads, cat eyes even on lane seperators, excellent roads and the toll?? only 60paise/km for cars. That is what NHAI charges the road users. There is no way NICE road is superior to GQ to charge so much. It bull sh** for them to use the usual cliche that "this is bangalore, land is costly" etc, but they got land at concessional rate, not the market rate.

So, we should make Mr.Keny realise that his product is not better than GQ and does not deserve the toll he is asking for.

Nainar
Are you sure that you are not paying a subsidized rate for using GQ?

I don't see why they shouldn't charge that amount- afterall they had to go through hell and huge cost overruns to get through this project due to our *!&%$# politicians.

Now that the people have the road they don't want to pay for it, what injustice . Still a lot is left to be done for it to be really completed, but guys if want to use it, pay for it. If it is expensive, don't use it, simple.

Last edited by zaks : 9th January 2009 at 08:41.
Old 9th January 2009, 12:22   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Are you sure that you are not paying a subsidized rate for using GQ?
We are paying that rate subsidized or not and the NHAI itself accepts the fact the toll of 60 paise on these roads are much higher than other countries, as a factor of Per Capita Income. And the document also admits, in other countries there is always an alternative toll free road for users to make choice. Unfortunately we dont have that in India yet.

And you know the kind of benefits the infrastructure companies get because of this road? 30% if funded by Govt. Rest comes from Private sector. Land is provided by the government. And a host of other benefits. So, believe me, IRB or any road construction companies are not doing charities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
I don't see why they shouldn't charge that amount- afterall they had to go through hell and huge cost overruns to get through this project due to our *!&%$# politicians.
Sorry, if Mr.Keny has not acquired land at concessional rate or availed any of these benefits, he has the right to charge. But when he has taken these benefit he cant apply his free economy theory here. And please dont pull Supreme court judgement here. That was more to do with the land dealings and nothing about the toll.

Yes, I have a choice and I will not drive in NICE road. And so will be many consumers. But I suspect Mr.Kheny will succeed by diverting all trucks through that road instead of entering the city through government regulation. Else, the truckers will not pay such huge tolls.

Nainar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks