Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2008, 18:20   #136
Senior - BHPian

I feel it would take few months to get everything sorted out. Too many hurdles to solve for NICE.

I too wish they put at least tarr for NICE connecting roads like both side of BannerGatta road. Even If its single laned it would solve the purpose.

NICE have proposed to build at least 6 expressway connecting Honnavar , Shimoga , KuniGal, Chitradurga, Mysore, Bijapur, Hospet so on. I hope soon such projects gets clearance.

I predict by 2020 everything will be sorted out, One can see many expressways!! It happens only Iff by 2012 public to VVIPs are more educated and follow think for development nothing else mantra.

So I gave up site seeing every parts of Karnataka untill then

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 21st August 2008, 18:50   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Bannerghatta-Gottigere entrance to NICE road to Mysore until the tarmac starts again is as lousy as it always was - as of last weekend. Same case is with the Bannerghatta road entrance to the NICE Road which leads to Hosur/Electronic city - still not done up.
In reasonably dry weather your car should be able to negotiate both though. I ve seen plenty of the humble 800's and Alto's doing this stretch with no trouble. It is only in the wet weather that you get a lot of slush and then, negotiating those deeps ruts etc is tough except if you are in a large vehicle/ SUV/MUV/Lorry etc.
I have entered the Kanakapura side of NICE road in my Hyundai Accent. Had to be careful and it was dry weather. Wouldnt dare to take my car there if its raining.

This woes will go for a long time as the case is pending in Karnataka highcourt, hopefully there is some resolution at the earliest.
Old 21st August 2008, 22:56   #138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Bannerghatta-Gottigere entrance to NICE road to Mysore until the tarmac starts again is as lousy as it always was - as of last weekend.
I use that route everyday in my Gypsy -- just love it. I purposefully try and find the most slushy part and go through through it. The look on the face of other drivers -- even truck drivers has to be seen to be believed

But NO WAY in my car with the rains and slush. Though I regularly see many cars do it, I won't..

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
I have entered the Kanakapura side of NICE road in my Hyundai Accent. Had to be careful and it was dry weather. Wouldnt dare to take my car there if its raining....
IMHO, This one is ok buddy and can be done anytime. Some roads in Bangalore are worse than this 100 mts stretch.
Old 22nd August 2008, 10:04   #139
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i have no problem going there in my scorp either - rainy weather, slush, dry weather or whatnot
only thing is that I drive my scorp a little carefully in the deep slushy ruts and only if it is absolutely required to pass through them because it is a 2WD and a heavy vehicle compared with the 4WD gypsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
I use that route everyday in my Gypsy -- just love it. I purposefully try and find the most slushy part and go through through it. The look on the face of other drivers -- even truck drivers has to be seen to be believed

But NO WAY in my car with the rains and slush. Though I regularly see many cars do it, I won't..

IMHO, This one is ok buddy and can be done anytime. Some roads in Bangalore are worse than this 100 mts stretch.
Old 22nd August 2008, 10:05   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

khan_sultan,

Re-read my post again, apologies. I meant to say that I entered on NICE road from Bannerghatta road and went towards Kanakapura road side.
Old 22nd August 2008, 16:44   #141
BHPian

I took the NICE road to connect me to Mysore road from Hosur road last weekend. It was rain and slush , but Cedia took on the roads. I reached Bannerghatta road and then I forgot the route to take back to NICE Road !!! . So had to come back all the way to the usual Mysore Road connector which also seems to have lots of repairs. Net time it took for me to reach from Sarjapur Road to Mysore road 6:45 -> 8:45 AM!!!!!... . Hope they finish the Gottigere lake section fast.
Old 25th August 2008, 14:50   #142
BHPian

alternate route to Bannerghatta - Kanakapura connection?

Took the NICE Road to Chennai and back. Took me 7 hours totally from Mysore to Chennai (including halts). But I can easily shave 30 minutes if the NICE Road is completed. The path just before joining bannerghatta road is in a very bad condition. Somehow managed to scrape my car's underbelly. Is there any other alternative to connect Bannerghatta and Kanakapura Roads? Also, remember reading about a route from Bannerghatta Road to Anekal and joining Attibele? Can somebody post the condition of that road?
Old 25th August 2008, 18:48   #143
nbr
BHPian

NICE road with IMAGES

Last month i was in India, i managed to click pictures while coming from Mangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-dsc00841.jpg  

Last edited by nbr : 25th August 2008 at 18:51. Reason: more pictures
Old 25th August 2008, 18:55   #144
nbr
BHPian

More images of the NICE road

More images from my July India trip. I will there in India next month, will click more pix
Attached Thumbnails
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-dsc00842.jpg  

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-dsc00843.jpg  

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-dsc00844.jpg  

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-dsc00845.jpg  

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-dsc00846.jpg  

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-dsc00847.jpg  

Old 5th September 2008, 16:46   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Friends,

Construction work on the connecting parts of the NICE road at mysore road junction has started. I passed the stretch today morning and already diversions are in place.

Looks like the flyover over the mysore road will be up soon.

BTW, haven't seen any trace of activity @ Bannerghatta road side

Cheers,
Old 5th September 2008, 17:00   #146
Senior - BHPian

Last week when I did route, they have removed all the signages (green boards) on the roads except for emergency nos and other things. From B'ghatta road, the work is not started. God knows when these people will act.

Today i read this in TOI.

NICE cries foul over petition in SC

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE), promoters of the Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project is not happy over writer U R Ananthamurthy’s move to file a PIL against the project in the apex court.
“Both the high court and the Supreme Court have imposed fines on certain vested interests for filing baseless petitions and frivolous charges against the project. It is indeed unfortunate that a person like Ananthamurthy, despite knowing previous court orders, has filed a suit,’’ a company representative said. The company maintains that all land being acquired for the project is as originally conceived under the Frame Work Agreement.

Welcome
Old 13th October 2008, 11:13   #147
Senior - BHPian

Sorry missed this article... (almost forgot the thread and the project!!)

TOI - Bangalore, 8-Oct-2008

-------------------------------------------------
No more roadblocks to BMIC

The cabinet meeting on Tuesday spelt good news for many. While land was handed over to NICE to clear bottlenecks on the BMIC project, there was much to cheer about for BMRC too as Metro Rail extension was okayed. To put an end to the property tax debate, the revised SAS finally got the official nod

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: The Bangalore Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project is slowly getting completed in fits and starts, thanks to protracted litigation and political machinations. But finally, there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
The cabinet on Tuesday decided to hand over 102 acres of land to Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE), BMIC project promoters, to eliminate the bottlenecks on the link and peripheral ring roads (PRR). This grant is restricted only to link and peripheral ring roads; there is no clearance for land grant related to expressway connecting Bangalore and Mysore.
Home minister V S Acharya said except at Gottigere, the land will be given to NICE as per the Supreme Court and Karnataka High Court’s directions. “At Gottigere, the court is yet to decide whether construction of a bridge is allowed across the tank or to make use of adjacent forest land for road construction,’’ he added.
Prior to cabinet clearance, the empowered
committee on BMIC headed by chief secretary Sudhakar Rao had given clearance to NICE to go ahead with pending works relating to BMIC. Barring a few patches, where land was not made available by the government, NICE has completed the major portion of link and peripheral roads.
With this green signal, NICE is all set to take up the works in the bottlenecks. Due to stalling by the Kumaraswamy government, the BMIC project was entangled in a legal battle for four years. The company has filed a contempt case against the state government before the apex court for disobeying its order.
Not willing to go against the SC order, governor Rameshwar Thakur’s executive committee issued an order paving way for completion of peripheral and link road. The committee also asked Rao to take all necessary steps for early completion of the rest of NICE’s projects, including the expressway connecting Bangalore and Mysore.
Interestingly, Yeddyurappa’s cabinet has decided to scrap the one-man judicial commission probing the alleged transfer of excess lands to BMIC. It also scrapped the Swiss challenge method mooted by Kumaraswamy to stall the project.

MAIN HURDLES

Link Road: 9.1 km from SH 17 (Kavika and linking the expressway): At 0 to 0.6 km linking expressway and Mysore Road near Byatarayanapura and Divitigeramanahally village
At 1.4 km, Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) yet to communicate approval for diversion road at ring road and integrating the bridge and the ramps across the Outer Ring Road (ORR), pending for the past 18 months
Between 2.6 km and 2.9 km near Hosakerehalli.
Between 7.8 km and 8.3 km near Hemmigepura village, required for formation of link road

PERIPHERAL ROAD: Total length 41 km, from NH-7 (Bangalore Hosur Road) to NH-4 (Bangalore - Tumkur Road)

Between 8 km and 9 km on Bannerghatta Road junction, near Gottigere village for formation of road, ramps and slip roads to provide entry and exit to peripheral road
Between 15.4 km and 16 km near Kanakapura Road junction of Thalaghattapura village land required for ramps and slip road to provide entry and exit to peripheral road and some land near U M Kaval village required to relocate extra high tension electric power line to facilitate construction of peripheral road and construction of ramps and slip road
Between 23.4 km and 24.2 km near Mysore Road junction, clearance for construction of bridge across Mysore-Bangalore road and some land near Kengeri for construction of ramps and slip road to provide entry and exit to peripheral road
Between 33.6 km and 33.8 km near Magadi Road junction near Hosahally Gollarapalya required for construction of ramps and slip road to facilitate entry and exit to peripheral road
EXPRESSWAY: Land required for formation of road from 5 km to 13.2 km is 184 acres. And 100 acres for formation of two interchanges. They fall in Gangasandra, Chinnakurchi, Vasanthahalli, Gonipura, Thippura, Hampapura, Talakuppe and Bheemanahalli villages. Government is yet to transfer land to company

Old 4th November 2008, 21:57   #148
Senior - BHPian

I heard in TV today Karnataka government (as per court order) has transfered required land to NICE to complete 41km stretch between Tumkur road to Hosur road junction. So in couple of months this first phase will be completed unless some new issues crops up.

I wish they build proposed 4 lane expressways in Karnataka. Lets hope present Karnataka Government supports it. Public need fast development rather than slow growth which is happenning right now. Chief Minister has assured he would do massive development in couple of years. I wish this comes true.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 4th November 2008, 22:52   #149
BHPian

Did Sarjapur Road --> bannerghatta national park in 40 mins!

The amazing timing ( atleast for me ) was just testimony of how much time and probably fuel we can save by this road. I took the Hosa road to connect to Hosur Road and then took the NICE from Hosur road to Bannerghatta road. The entry/exit road is in a very bad shape, but still driveable and for me that meant a really short trip to take my parents to the national park and back. I saw no activities on Gottigere section :-(
Old 4th November 2008, 23:26   #150
BHPian

Mr Gowda was the main road block for this project as his land was coming on the way...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks