Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2008, 00:50   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_kumard View Post
I saw no activities on Gottigere section :-(
That's because that part of NICE is still being disputed in the court (if I remember the newspaper article correctly). So NICE has clearance for entire stretch from Hosur Road to Tumkur Road except for Gottigere junction.
Old 5th November 2008, 15:42   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
That's because that part of NICE is still being disputed in the court (if I remember the newspaper article correctly). So NICE has clearance for entire stretch from Hosur Road to Tumkur Road except for Gottigere junction.
I actually thought , I read , this section got clearance from court. Maybe my eyes wanted to read what "I wanted to read" :-)
Old 10th November 2008, 16:28   #153
Senior - BHPian

10-nov-2008, Monday, Times of India, Bangalore

- bannerghatta road STILL a pain in ............!!!!!!!!

--------------------

BMIC PERIPHERAL AND RING ROADS 2 MONTHS TO GO

Finishing touches

In all probability, the peripheral and ring road of Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) undertaken by Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE) will be completed and thrown open to the public in the next couple of months.
The government, in its recent cabinet meeting, paved the way for the promoters to complete the project by handing over 102 acres of land, through which bottlenecks on the link and peripheral ring roads can be plugged.
“Work is going on full swing, including on the bridge near Mysore Road. The company hopes to complete the pending works soon,’’ a NICE representative maintained. However, the issue pertaining to road alignment on Gottigere lake near Bannerghatta Road is yet to be solved.
Prior to cabinet clearance, the empowered committee on BMIC headed by chief secretary Sudhakar Rao had given clearance to NICE to go ahead with pending works. Barring a few patches, where land was not made available by the government, NICE has completed a major portion of link and peripheral roads.
Due to non-cooperation from the Kumaraswamy government, the BMIC project was entangled in a legal battle for four long years. The company has even petitioned a contempt case against the government before the Supreme Court for disobeying its order pertaining to the case.

The bottlenecks that will be completed soon:

Link Road: 9.1 km taking linking expressway and Mysore Road near Byatarayanapura and Divitigeramanahally village 1.4-km diversion road at the Ring Road and integrating the bridge and ramps across the Outer Ring Road (ORR), which is pending for one-and-half years Between 2.6 km and 2.9 km near Hosakerehalli Between 7.80 km and 8.30 km near Hemmigepura village
PERIPHERAL ROAD — Total length 41 km from NH-7 (Bangalore-Hosur Road) to NH-4 (Bangalore-Tumkur Road): Between 8 km and 9 km on Bannerghatta Road junction, near Gottigere village Between 15.4 km and 16 km near Kanakapura Road junction of Talaghattapura village Between 23.4 km and 24.2 km near Mysore Road junction Between 33.6 km and 33.8 km near Magadi Road junction

---------
Old 14th November 2008, 11:02   #154
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
A doubt

Hi guys,
I stay in HSR Layout and want to go to Nelamangala. Is NICE road an option for me? I mean..once i get onto it at E-city...can i drive down all the way to tumkur road without any intersections/lefts/rights etc?

I get confused about the Bannerghatta junction that many talk about? Is it an issue for people getting onto NICE road from Bannerghetta or for everyone? I mean even if i come from e-city..should i do the off-roading that many of you mention here.

Or is it better i take the PalaceGrounds, Yashwantpur route? I am more worried about this stretch in the evening when i am returning back.

regards
m800
Old 14th November 2008, 11:25   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post

I get confused about the Bannerghatta junction that many talk about? Is it an issue for people getting onto NICE road from Bannerghetta or for everyone? I mean even if i come from e-city..should i do the off-roading that many of you mention here.

Or is it better i take the PalaceGrounds, Yashwantpur route? I am more worried about this stretch in the evening when i am returning back....
If it is raining and you have a car that has low GC, then avoid it (especially if this is your first time to tackle the b-ghatta stretch)

If it is daytime and no rain, then you can do it -- just be careful and have patience.

Cheers,
Old 14th November 2008, 12:42   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you come from E City, you will HAVE to do the offroading. The NICE road breaks before Bannerghatta road, so you will have to get onto Bannerghatta road and then again get onto NICE road.

If you start early in the morning, then i suggest you take the outer ring road to Kanakpura Road and from Kanakpura road, you take the NICE road.
Old 14th November 2008, 14:22   #157
BHPian

Worth using NICE road

Hi guys,
thanks for the information. Is it worth using NICE road then if starting from HSR Layout? I can enter either through Bannerghetta road or Knkpura road.
Old 14th November 2008, 14:34   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
thanks for the information. Is it worth using NICE road then if starting from HSR Layout? I can enter either through Bannerghetta road or Knkpura road.
Yup, Yeswantpur traffic is pretty bad and with flyover construction around Peenya, it gets worse. You can enter NICE from BG road but I wouldn't recommend it unless you are driving an SUV or a vehicle with relatively higher GC. If you aren't sure, stick to Kanakapura road.
Old 14th November 2008, 14:41   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
As already mentioned Avoid entry through BG road unless you have an SUV/SX4 like clearance or a two wheeler .
However Kankanpura road entry can be done by any vehicle .
Old 14th November 2008, 19:55   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,
I stay in HSR Layout and want to go to Nelamangala. Is NICE road an option for me? I mean..once i get onto it at E-city...can i drive down all the way to tumkur road without any intersections/lefts/rights etc?
From HSR, EC will be the nearest entry/ exit point for you, why are you thinking about other points. If you start early in the day(before 8am), connect at EC.

Quote:
.... I am more worried about this stretch in the evening when i am returning back.

regards
m800
In the evening too, Get down at EC and drive back to HSR via SB junction, its still better than getting down at BGR and KR and facing horrendous traffic at BTM till SB flyover.

Last edited by dadu : 14th November 2008 at 19:58.
Old 17th November 2008, 10:42   #161
BHPian

took the Kanakpura route

Hi eveyone,
I took the NICE road from Kanakpura junction and it was a please to drive to NH4. Did get lost at the old mysore road junction when going though.

Took the same route on the return sunday evening. Surprisingly, the traffic was not bad and reached HSR layout in 40 min from the NICE-Kanankpura road junction.

Wonder, how long it will take for the road to be fully operational. It will be one great drive once complete.

regards
m800
Old 18th November 2008, 14:49   #162
BHPian

Once i took the NICE - Bannerghatta road which is yet to completed.. You know - it was with my Fiesta. Horrible experience. Literally, the car was on the floor all the time :( - had a very tough time
Old 18th November 2008, 15:45   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Once i took the NICE - Bannerghatta road which is yet to completed.. You know - it was with my Fiesta. Horrible experience. Literally, the car was on the floor all the time :( - had a very tough time
You took the E-city to B'ghatta road or the B'ghatta to Kanapura road NICE road?
Old 26th November 2008, 20:18   #164
BHPian

Hi Friends ,
I am coming to Bangalore in 3 rd week of Dec December . I need to go near to Wockhardt Hospital, Bannerghatta Road,
Please help me by giving direction map (a road map) from International Airport to Wockhardt Hospital. As far as I know the Nice Road leads there .
In this thread I am positing my query because lots of discussion is going on regarding Bannerghatta Road ,

Thanks to all in advance.
Old 27th November 2008, 10:10   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by potlaravi View Post
Hi Friends ,
I am coming to Bangalore in 3 rd week of Dec December . I need to go near to Wockhardt Hospital, Bannerghatta Road,
Please help me by giving direction map (a road map) from International Airport to Wockhardt Hospital. As far as I know the Nice Road leads there .
In this thread I am positing my query because lots of discussion is going on regarding Bannerghatta Road ,

Thanks to all in advance.
Are you going to drive from the airport to the hospital? If not, then you can just hop into a Meru Cab. Or, you can also take a volvo bus from the airport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks