Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2011, 19:37   #721
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
We are talking about Yelahanka railway station and not Yashwantpur.
(That was not clear from the discussions and hence wanted to re-iterate).
Yes, sir! You are correct. I misread requirement! But then again OP seems to be agreeing with me. Not sure, If he wants to go Yeshwanthpura or Yelahanka! Since we have better route to both destination, let OP decide where he wants to go and which route to chose.
Old 18th May 2011, 19:41   #722
Senior - BHPian

I stay in Rajarajeshwarinagar and generally to the airport, I take the ORR (from Mysore Road). The route is RR Nagar arch-Nayandahalli-ORR-Tumkur Road-Jalahalli cross-Gangamma circle-Air Force Station-MS Palya-Yelahanka. Although this is a bit longer, it is faster.

ORR from Tumkur road to Hebbal is becoming a mess because of the new underpass/flyover constructions and mainly because of the railway gate (this is a headache). gadadhar, I suggest you take this route from DG Petrol Bunk.

DG Petrol Bunk-Mysore road Jn-Tumkur road (via ORR)-turn left towards Jalahalli cross (do not take the flyover)-turn right towards Jalahalli and reach Gangamma circle-turn left and enter Jalahalli Air Force Station-After Air Force Station, turn right towards Yelahanka at MS Palya-Continue to Yelahanka on a double road (no confusions here)
Old 18th May 2011, 19:42   #723
Team-BHP Support

Ajit. What is you say is correct that its one straight road from Chalukya hotel. But I was not sure how he would be able to handle the routes within the city.

Plus he may hit regions where metro constructions would be on-going till he hits Chalukya hotel signal. The workaround routes can again throw him off. Hence I was not suggesting routes through the city.
Old 18th May 2011, 19:50   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
The JC road option as Ajith has mentioned is the best and easiest IMHO,start early and you would be there on time.
Thanks for reassurance. The beauty of the above mentioned route is that you cross CBD mainly through one-ways (JC Road, KG Road etc.) at the busiest of places. I have reached, very regularly, from DG bunk to Hotel Chalukya, in less than 45 minutes during morning hours, just after 10 AM. So, that is not a bad option at all. Would like to hear from others though.

Heard from a friend on the same topic:- if he can start before 7.25 AM, he will reach Yelahanka by 9 AM. If he starts after 7.35 AM, he most likely reaches after 9.30 AM. Between 7.25 and 7.35, it all depends on luck.
And these days, considering the political weather in Bangalore, anyone from Governer, CM, opposition leader, petty local politician or a few 'x' political party workers can take hostage of you on city roads for a whole day if you are really unfortunate.
Old 18th May 2011, 19:56   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Ajit. What is you say is correct that its one straight road from Chalukya hotel. But I was not sure how he would be able to handle the routes within the city.

Plus he may hit regions where metro constructions would be on-going till he hits Chalukya hotel signal. The workaround routes can again throw him off. Hence I was not suggesting routes through the city.
Best advice would be to follow a MeruCab or BIAS (Airport Volvo) bus :-)

Only once, there would be crossing a metro construction area, I think.
Maybe KR Road or RV Road. But again, crossing the city roads is not very easy. But, either NICE or ORR routes, I think going beyond Tumkur road to Yelahanka is a painful stretch.

In fact, my friend and his driver were both relatively new to Bangalore. It was not puzzling for them to cruise through city roads a couple of months back too and so it is not a bad option.

Last edited by ajithbr : 18th May 2011 at 20:02.
ajithbr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 09:57   #726
Senior - BHPian

Very sincere apologies to all.. I meant Yeswanthpur and not Yelahanka

Thankfully my fellow BHPians are not dump like me ( or call it mind reading) and gave the correct directions..

Thanks again to all.. Will be taking DG Petrol Bunk-Mysore road Jn-Tumkur road (via ORR) - Yeswanthpur
Old 19th May 2011, 10:18   #727
Team-BHP Support

@gadadhar If Yashwantpur is the destination:

And

If you are OK to pay the toll for NICE and the elevated NH4, take that option.
I checked in Google Maps, the difference is about 9Km, which you can peacefully cover in these fast roads.

Last edited by ampere : 19th May 2011 at 10:19.
Old 19th May 2011, 10:47   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@gadadhar If Yashwantpur is the destination:

And

If you are OK to pay the toll for NICE and the elevated NH4, take that option.
I checked in Google Maps, the difference is about 9Km, which you can peacefully cover in these fast roads.
Thanks Ampere. I am more than happy to pay the toll if that provides a faster and peaceful drive.

I am not familiar with NICE and elevated NH4 towards Yashwantpur. Though have got it mapped in Google, will be great if you can give the details

Sorry once again for the trouble due to the misquote as Yelhanka
Old 19th May 2011, 10:58   #729
Team-BHP Support

@gadadhar, if you get on to NICE road, its not that diffucult. The trouble citing the NICE road entry from NH4. So from Kanakpur if you are aproaching Tumkur, there will be indication marked towards Bangalore (Which would be taking right from NICE).

Immediately latch on to the elevated road toll plaza. Drive through the toll road all the way and then on to Yeshwantpur. (You would have by-passed all the signals on NH4/ORR etc.)

I exactly dont remember if there is a parking area for the station on the NH4 side. You need take the Yashwantput flyover and the come all over to get the main entrance of the railway station.

The following is what I meant.

NICE Ring Rd to Unknown road - Google Maps
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 13:22   #730
J.Ravi

Quote:
I exactly dont remember if there is a parking area for the station on the NH4 side. You need take the Yashwantput flyover and the come all over to get the main entrance of the railway station.
No need to do that. There is a big parking lot in Yeshwantpur Railway Station [YRS] on Tumkur Road side. There is a sign board indicating the entrance to YRS on Tumkur Road. From Tumkur Road, take left turn, go on the access road to reach the parking lot of YRS. From the parking lot, one can access platforms/ticket counters of YRS directly. The exit from the parking lot also leads to Tumkur Road.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 19th May 2011 at 13:28.
  (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 13:26   #731
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
There is a big parking lot in Yeshwantpur Railway Station [YRS] on Tumkur Road side. There is a sign board indicating the entrance to YRS on Tumkur Road. From Tumkur Road, take left turn, go on the access road to reach the parking lot of YRS. From the parking lot, one can access platforms/ticket counters of YRS directly. The exit from the parking lot also leads to Tumkur Road.
Thanks. Ravi. Since I never used it, I was not sure of it.
@Gadadar, so there your problem is solved. Entry/Exit to the Yeshwantpur RS available for Tumkur road.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2011, 15:00   #732
BHPian

Nice + Elavated highway ~34km (Google Maps).

ORR, Tumkur road is 21Km (Google maps).

I don't see any advantage of taking NICE in early morning as traffic isn't issue in ORR ! However you want to feel the speed, feel free to take NICE road! And of course wait at Elevated toll booth to pay toll (You will pass through3 toll booths)! For purpose of comparison I kept destination as ORR junction on Tumkur road both route meet same spot! Choice is yours. However while coming back you can choose which ever better (Because traffic anyway built-up by this time between Mysore Road and DG petrol bunk!).
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:49   #733
Senior - BHPian

Went through ORR and returned through elevated highway and NICE. Missed the NICE exit on elevated highway on the way back (was running Waze and turn right instruction came at NICE road where there is no exit), had to take another exit and come back for NICE entry.. I felt NICE as a better choice..
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:52   #734
Team-BHP Support

Thats the exact problem. NICE entry/exits are not well marked on elevated NH4. They need to do a better job. At least 2Km before on either side of NICE on the NH4 needs to have a NICE exit notification.
Old 30th May 2011, 11:56   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats the exact problem. NICE entry/exits are not well marked on elevated NH4. They need to do a better job. At least 2Km before on either side of NICE on the NH4 needs to have a NICE exit notification.
Very true ampere. It is the same story on Hosur road (NICE towards Mysore). Since NICE is a private venture, I feel they should take the initiative to put proper markings so that more people will use the road and there by bring in more revenue

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks