Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 11:24   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Thanks for suggestion guys.

Is the NICE road from Tumkur road to Gottigere totally signal free?

What are the speed limit on this raod? Any first hand experiances and tips?
Yes, NICE Road is signal free and pedestrian free also. Road quality and visibility is good and once you enter you can exit only at the specific exits, there is no gap in the median anywhere to take a U Turn, so make sure you do not miss the exit. if you do, you will have to go all the way to Hosur Road. The official speed limit is 80 kmph. But in general I have not seen many cars sticking to this. Also, have seen many people use this road for speed tests.

Truck traffic is very heavy on this road, and if you are unfortunate, you can get bogged down behind 2 slow trucks trying to overtake each other.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 20th January 2014 at 11:26. Reason: More content
Old 14th May 2014, 09:18   #842
BHPian

Guys, my family is driving from Goa to Arekere. I want them to take NICE road. Can someone help me with below?

1. What places/signs are shown on NH4 to identify entry to NICE road?
2. What places/signs are shown on NICE road to identify exit to Banerghatta Road?
Old 14th May 2014, 09:24   #843
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Guys, my family is driving from Goa to Arekere. I want them to take NICE road. Can someone help me with below?

1. What places/signs are shown on NH4 to identify entry to NICE road?
2. What places/signs are shown on NICE road to identify exit to Banerghatta Road?
- After the elevated road toll booth, drive about 4-5 km.
- You will see a board which says Hosur, Mysore etc to the left. Thats the NICE road entry.
- Get off the elevated tolled road here.
- Be aware that this exit comes up quite immediately after the sign-board.
- So if you are in the fast lane, you can easily miss it.
- So better after you enter the elevated road at Nelamangala, keep to your left.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2014, 14:01   #844
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Adding to what amp says, you can also keep tab on the HIMALAYA factory on the right (comes after about 5 kms) and then an IOCL Station on the left. Soon after this will be the exit from NH4 onto the service lane. As soon as you are on service lane, you would notice a ramp on the left to get onto NICE.
Old 14th May 2014, 14:06   #845
Senior - BHPian

Further to above points, its the second exit after the toll IIRC.
Old 14th May 2014, 14:38   #846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Further to above points, its the second exit after the toll IIRC.
2 Exits are towards North - 1. Nelamangala 2. NH48 (Mangalore) Exit.

Towards the city, I cannot recall 2 exits. but it does have 3 Entries: 1. NH48 Junction with NH4 2. After Nelamangala 3. After NICE road intersection.

May be I don't recall this precisely now .
Old 17th May 2014, 12:18   #847
Distinguished - BHPian

From Bannerghatta Road(Near NICE Road) going towards Airport, On a weekday around 1:00 PM

- Will I save time taking NICE Road, Tumkur Road, Hebbal? Its around 20-25Kms more than the normal route.

(OR) Which is the preferred route?

- Dairy Circle, MG Road, Sankey Road, Hebbal
- Silkboard, ORR, KR Puram, Hebbal
Old 17th May 2014, 12:37   #848
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
From Bannerghatta Road(Near NICE Road) going towards Airport, On a weekday around 1:00 PM

- Will I save time taking NICE Road, Tumkur Road, Hebbal? Its around 20-25Kms more than the normal route.

Simply take the City route.
If you take NICE>

Bannerghatta Road - Tumkur Road - 20 Minutes
Tumkur Road to ORR Junction after Peenya - 10 Minutes
ORR Junction after Peenya -ORR-Hebbal - 20 Minutes (May take 40 minutes if you get stuck at the railway gate).

Going by the above, you will need 50-70 Minutes to reach Hebbal alone.

If you took the City road>
Bannerghatta Road-Intersection with Augodi Main Road-Shoolay Circle-MG Road (Hardly 100 meters on MG road)-GPO-Chalukya-Golf Course-Windsor Manor-Mekhri Circle Underpass-Hebbal - 60 minutes.

Ideally by taking NICE you may save 10 minutes for Hebbal or may end up taking same time as in the city route.

So take the city route if its a weekday and 1PM.

Note: There is an alternate to avoid the railway gate chaos if you take NICE road but you will take same time again.

Last edited by paragsachania : 17th May 2014 at 12:39.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 00:32   #849
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

You have traffic only till MG Road. Beyond its quite easy to drive all the way. No point taking the NICE road. I would say just drive through the city.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2014, 14:15   #850
Senior - BHPian

There was a big surprise waiting for anyone who had taken the NICE road today morning. Tollbooth was unmanned and the gates were up, there was one official sitting outside and waving people to go through. This was at Bannerghatta road tollbooth, exit on Hosur road was also unmanned and gates were open and there was no checking.. This was around 9 am on Monday, 6th June, not sure of the cause and the current situation
Old 6th June 2014, 15:57   #851
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
This was around 9 am on Monday, 6th June, not sure of the cause and the current situation
I entered NICE on Tumkur road around 2:00PM and exited at Hosur Road around 2:30PM today and paid usual toll and receipt was checked at the exit as well.

May some VVIP convoy may be passing while you took the stretch?
Old 9th June 2014, 20:44   #852
Senior - BHPian

Im sure it was not a VIP convoy...All gates were deserted, what I can think off is a surprise strike. Things were back to normal in the evening.
Old 25th June 2014, 17:07   #853
BHPian

Planning to drive down to Mysore from HSR Layout on a Saturday. Could anyone guide in terms of how to enter the Nice Road? From what I could gather on Google Maps, I shouldn't take the elevated flyover - take a right from one of the junctions below - enter the service road and the NICE Road entry would be towards my left. Is this right? Could someone give any landmarks etc
Old 25th June 2014, 17:29   #854
Senior - BHPian

If you are planning to start early morning from HSR layout you will not gain much by opting for NICE Road from Electronic city, instead you can get on from Gottigere, distance from HSR Layout to Gottigere entry point is about 13km and should take you 30 minutes early in the morning, you can come straight on Outer ring road passby Silk board on left and take a left turn at BTM Layout 29th Main and reach Bannerghatta Road. This is an easier option compared to Hosur Road.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 17:32   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
Planning to drive down to Mysore from HSR Layout on a Saturday. Could anyone guide in terms of how to enter the Nice Road? From what I could gather on Google Maps, I shouldn't take the elevated flyover - take a right from one of the junctions below - enter the service road and the NICE Road entry would be towards my left. Is this right? Could someone give any landmarks etc
Method 1: Don't take BETL, go underneath it. When you reach the Hosa Road junction, deviate from the main carriageway to the service road. About 2 km down the service road you will find the entry ramp for NICE Road (it is signposted). Beware - the service road has some of the deadliest speedbreakers Bangalore has to offer.

Method 2: If you take the BETL, use the right exit (not the one towards Attibele) the E-City end. Come down the ramp, drive a bit further, take a right turn, generally loop around so that you hit the service road of Hosur Road towards the city. Then take the NICE entry ramp.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks