Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2012, 14:29   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

On May 30th around 8 pm, there was huge traffic block on Hosur - Bannergahata NICE near the Bannergahata exit. I was caught up here from 8 pm to 11 pm (yes, 3 hrs). There were no accidents or breakdowns, it was all because of the huge volume of trucks trying to cross from this stretch of NICE to one towards Mysore and it became a tangled knot somewhere . It was absolute standstill with all engines off and people relaxing stepping out the vehicles. There were no cops around (saw 2 guys later on the main road), but there were a group of 20 to 25 young guys who started controlling things and slowly things cleared.
Getting stuck every day for 10 to 15 mts at Hosur exit and Bannergahata exit is a routine, I am feeling cheated after paying daily Rs 60 to travel on this road (I work in Electronic City). There should be something done about this when it is toll road I feel
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 14:35   #782
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Hope things improve a bit once the unfinished part near Bannerghatta road is done. When that will be is the question.
Old 1st June 2012, 16:20   #783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
On May 30th around 8 pm, there was huge traffic block on Hosur - Bannergahata NICE near the Bannergahata exit. I was caught up here from 8 pm to 11 pm (yes, 3 hrs). There were no accidents or breakdowns, it was all because of the huge volume of trucks trying to cross from this stretch of NICE to one towards Mysore and it became a tangled knot somewhere . It was absolute standstill with all engines off and people relaxing stepping out the vehicles. There were no cops around (saw 2 guys later on the main road), but there were a group of 20 to 25 young guys who started controlling things and slowly things cleared.
Getting stuck every day for 10 to 15 mts at Hosur exit and Bannergahata exit is a routine, I am feeling cheated after paying daily Rs 60 to travel on this road (I work in Electronic City). There should be something done about this when it is toll road I feel
With the amount of toll they charge and the area of land they have, NICE should provide 2 parallel tracks with passenger and truck vehicles running on non-merging, non-overlapping and non-intersecting lanes.
Even after getting stuck for 15-20 mins on Bannerghata road entry toll towards Mysore Road, I got stuck behind 3 (yes, not 2) parallel running lorries with absolutely zero-difference in speeds racing at some TEEN-speeds. The fun went on for about 10-15 mins till I got a key-hole gap to squeeze through near the NICE office, thanks to the barricades they kept there which usually is cursed about
Old 1st June 2012, 18:17   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
^^ Hope things improve a bit once the unfinished part near Bannerghatta road is done. When that will be is the question.
Yes, let us hope for the best, better late than never

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
With the amount of toll they charge and the area of land they have, NICE should provide 2 parallel tracks with passenger and truck vehicles running on non-merging, non-overlapping and non-intersecting lanes.
Even after getting stuck for 15-20 mins on Bannerghata road entry toll towards Mysore Road, I got stuck behind 3 (yes, not 2) parallel running lorries with absolutely zero-difference in speeds racing at some TEEN-speeds. The fun went on for about 10-15 mins till I got a key-hole gap to squeeze through near the NICE office, thanks to the barricades they kept there which usually is cursed about
You are right, truckers own NICE now and drive at there on will covering the entire road leaving you behind at their mercy. When NICE was introduced, driving there was absolute bliss, gone are those days and the toll has become sky high.
Old 1st June 2012, 18:20   #785
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
On May 30th around 8 pm, there was huge traffic block on Hosur - Bannergahata NICE near the Bannergahata exit. I was caught up here from 8 pm to 11 pm (yes, 3 hrs).
Thanks for sharing this. Could not believe that one could get stuck even on NICE road .
I was always of opinion one this is the fastest option without any hassle. Did not realize this can be prone to jams!

They really need to complete that bridge over Bannerghatta road fast.

Last edited by ampere : 1st June 2012 at 18:21.
Old 1st June 2012, 18:24   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks for sharing this. Could not believe that one could get stuck even on NICE road .
I was always of opinion one this is the fastest option without any hassle. Did not realize this can be prone to jams!
10 to 15 mts block is daily stuff at Hosur exit in morning around 9 am and Banerghata exit 7 to 8 PM. This was the first time it went for so long.
Old 1st June 2012, 18:32   #787
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Lane discipline should be enforced immediately on the NICE road. Anyone violating it should immediately be clapped in irons, marched off and placed physically on the NICE road to act as a human road divider for at least 3 days without benefit of food and water. Alternately he can choose to take the sentence of 6 months hard labour without the option of bail. Considering the toll we pay, we should at least get this road to drive on, without the normal worries!
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 18:42   #788
BHPian

Quote:

They really need to complete that bridge over Bannerghatta road fast.
The bottleneck (of crossing Bannerghata road at ground level) of narrow roads with sharp curves is the reason why I prefer to enter NICE Road from Bannerghata road entry rather than Hosur Road entry when starting from Koramangala during non-peak hours. During peak hours though, I will not bother thinking about going via BTM and BG Road though and prefer Hosur Road entry !

You will not believe this but it is true- one guy mentioned that he was stuck with family for about half an hour near the NICE Office(the least expected point) when a huge truck while negotiating the barricades placed there had a break-down and got stranded diagonally on the road. Within the next few minutes, there were hundreds of lorries behind him blocking the whole traffic. He mentioned that it reminded of the heavy season- rush and long line of lorries near Walayar checkpost just before Onam.
Old 5th July 2012, 21:04   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Hope the work is getting completed over Bannerghatta road. Today evening, saw NICE team installing toll booth at Bannerghatta road entrance on Hosur-Bannerghatta road) and also tarring/filling work was going on where it joins main NICE road.

Hopefully, it will not be delayed further.
Old 7th July 2012, 22:46   #790
Distinguished - BHPian

The bridge work at NICE Road-Bannerghatta Road is done and already open for traffic, I think they opened it today.

Going towards Hosur Road/Electronic City:

If you are coming from Meenakshi Temple/Gottigere side of Bannerghatta road, then you will have to take right at this junction to enter Hosur Road/Electronic City side.

Going towards Mysore/Kanakpura/Tumkur Road:

If you are coming from Meenakshi Temple/Gottigere side of Bannerghatta road, then you will have to take left at this junction to enter Mysore/Kanakpura/Tumkur Road side

Till date it was other way around due to the bridge construction.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2012, 23:09   #791
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
The bridge work at NICE Road-Bannerghatta Road is done and already open for traffic, I think they opened it today.
Great update! Finally we get a non-stop way from, NH7 to NH4.
This should really help cut down that jam at the toll booth.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 8th July 2012, 00:20   #792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Great update! Finally we get a non-stop way from, NH7 to NH4.
This should really help cut down that jam at the toll booth.

Thanks for sharing.
Yes, its a non-stop from NH7-NH4. The toll fare from Hosur Road to Tumkur Road is 140 rupees. This is the highest toll fare I have come across for a 45-50KMs stretch.
Old 8th July 2012, 00:26   #793
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie

Yes, its a non-stop from NH7-NH4. The toll fare from Hosur Road to Tumkur Road is 140 rupees. This is the highest toll fare I have come across for a 45-50KMs stretch.
But i dont like the fact that there's no lights for the entire stretch which makes it highly unsafe for night driving. Return from wonderla during the night has always been somewhat of a challenge on the NICE road. Great to drive during the day though trucks seem to occupy all the lanes :(
Old 8th July 2012, 01:30   #794
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
But i dont like the fact that there's no lights for the entire stretch which makes it highly unsafe for night driving. Return from wonderla during the night has always been somewhat of a challenge on the NICE road. Great to drive during the day though trucks seem to occupy all the lanes :(
And add to it, no petrol bunks either. They should provide one or two of them.
Because its highly probable for some one to run dry, if he is not aware of this,

At least at every entry/exit point they should mention, that the whole stretch has no bunk. Folks would at least be prepared.
Old 8th July 2012, 06:05   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthasarathig View Post
But i dont like the fact that there's no lights for the entire stretch which makes it highly unsafe for night driving.
Thought the NICE road has more than a fair amount of truck traffic (at least) 24/7; assuming there aren't extended desolate stretches anywhere. Or do you find them often?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks