Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2022, 14:26   #1321
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Got it, thank you both! I understand the mistake I was doing - I was moving to the left as I approach NICE junction but I was doing it before the BETL toll gate.
androdev is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 17:39   #1322
Senior - BHPian

So finally!! This at Hoskerehalli NICE toll gate!
Asked the toll attendant, he told we can use fastag from tomorrow.
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-20220106_173526.jpg
sandsun7 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 17:49   #1323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
This should not just be a Team-BHP celebration but we must celebrate this at national level and cut cakes every year on January 7th .

Finally, NICE gets FASTag and much needed when the 3rd wave is literally taking us by storm and the roll down > pay cash > collect ticket > roll up business finally comes to an end.

My biggest wish from this update is not really the experience of using FASTag itself but the improvement in transaction times as I would still refer to NICE toll booth as one of the most slowest and laziest in the country!!
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 18:02   #1324
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting developments. Incidentally, on my trip on December 30, Google Maps for whatever reason suddenly decided it wanted me to take NH44 to get to Hubli. Luckily noticed it - stopped and tried 2-3 resets, then just asked for directions to Tumkur and it led me onto Nice Road correctly. Paying cash was of course very irritating.
Old 6th January 2022, 18:14   #1325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Interesting developments. Incidentally, on my trip on December 30, Google Maps for whatever reason suddenly decided it wanted me to take NH44 to get to Hubli. Luckily noticed it - stopped and tried 2-3 resets, then just asked for directions to Tumkur and it led me onto Nice Road correctly. Paying cash was of course very irritating.
It may have happened depending on the time you were around NICE road and google's dynamic estimation would have shown the route through combination of Silkboard - Outer Ring road faster than NICE. This is attributable to the fact that the work in progress on NICE road had really slowed down the traffic last week due to lot of outgoing traffic heading to celebrate New years.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 18:17   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So finally!! This at Hoskerehalli NICE toll gate!
Great News! Hope this will reduce the waiting time at toll booths significantly. Especially on tolls like electronic city and Bannerghatta road when there used to be huge lines during office times.

My Guess is - The white topping + state govt allowing Fastag indicates NICE has lost the case vs State Govt and agreed to fully white top the road. And in return State govt allowed permission for Fastag.. Else this would have gone on forever.

Last edited by shamanth : 6th January 2022 at 18:19.
Old 7th January 2022, 09:22   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Crossed Hoskerehalli NICE toll gate today morning, but had to still pay cash. The inauguration of fastag facility is scheduled at 12pm today as per the toll attendant. There were preparations going on for the same and a couple of lanes were decorated with blue and white baloons.
Every lane has markings indicating it is a fastag lane. Hopefully a few are dedicated fastag lanes and non fastag vehicles are not allowed to enter. Else the whole purpose of fastag will be lost.
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-20220107_083345.jpg
sandsun7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 09:44   #1328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
My Guess is - The white topping + state govt allowing Fastag indicates NICE has lost the case vs State Govt and agreed to fully white top the road. And in return State govt allowed permission for Fastag.. Else this would have gone on forever.
It is the other way round. NHAI always wanted NICE to use Fastag. However, there was a legal issue. NICE rates are way over the prescribed NHAI rates across India. There is an ongoing litigation with govt. on this. Hence giving them formal go-ahead would mean "deemed approval" for those rates and hence this was stalled. Now NICE and Govt. (and NHAI) have come to an interim agreement that whilst they will allow NICE to use Fastag, it will not be deemed as acceptance of their rates till the case is resolved.

Hope this clarifies.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 7th January 2022 at 09:46.
nareshtrao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 10:03   #1329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Hence giving them formal go-ahead would mean "deemed approval" for those rates and hence this was stalled. .
I suspect one more reason - actual collections. Till such time NICE did not allow Fastag, they had control over reporting the collections. Now everyone will use Fastag - and NHAI will have the actual numbers + money being routed through NHAI to NICE.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 10:06   #1330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
It is the other way round. NHAI always wanted NICE to use Fastag. However, there was a legal issue. NICE rates are way over the prescribed NHAI rates across India. There is an ongoing litigation with govt
If you Google only dispute mentioned in news is about Concretization of road. Below is extract from one such news in November 2021. NHAI doesn't get involved in fixing rates for private roads. Fastag is also allowed in Hyderabad Airport parking and some malls also, so NHAI don't dictate rates for it.

The delay in implementing FASTTag system was due to a pending legal dispute between NICE and government of Karnataka. NICE was accused of violating the contractual obligation by building a tar road instead of concrete road, The matter was pending before Karnataka high court and has been resolved

Allowing Fastag and NICE starting concretization at the same time validates the same.

Last edited by shamanth : 7th January 2022 at 10:15.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2022, 11:49   #1331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Crossed Hoskerehalli NICE toll gate today morning, but had to still pay cash. The inauguration of fastag facility is scheduled at 12pm today as per the toll attendant.
So, finally the long awaited Fastag on NICE comes thru.
I would have done a test drive to see the Fastag work in the weekend but alas cannot do so due to the weekend curfew...
Old 7th January 2022, 19:53   #1332
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The inauguration of fastag facility is scheduled at 12pm today as per the toll attendant.
Evening update : crossed the toll at 5.30 PM. And still NO fastag! When asked, the attendant said will be operational from midnight!! Which day midnight we don't know.
A formal inauguration was done today afternoon though!
sandsun7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 10:20   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
A formal inauguration was done though!
'Inauguration' - are we serious now? when basic, routine stuff like good roads or flyover or bus stand or any public service for that matter is to be provided by default, why so much fanfare about inaugurating it (and many of these after inordinate delays). And to add to that, banners and posters everywhere of those 'dangerous' looking people who 'made' it possible, as if they spent money from their own pockets...

Hopefully, FASTag starts working after the inauguration.
Old 10th January 2022, 13:00   #1334
Distinguished - BHPian

S Bakshi has shared a video on HVK FB group - Fastag is working now.
Old 10th January 2022, 15:24   #1335
BHPian

Finally FastTag is working on NICE.
Left office at approx 1:!5pm, Electronic city Entry point, no much traffic. I approach the toll booth, cash is ready as a backup and see the window closed. The person inside did not look to happy. The toll gate opened , Yahoo it works.
Exit Point, Tumkur, there seems to have been a technical glitch as two lanes seemed to be stuck.
They opened the last lane on the left and that seemed to work.

However i have not had any deduction SMS or email about the usage of the fasttag.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks