Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2017, 14:38   #931
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Did a weekend trip to Coimbatore and back via Salem on the toll road.

Was in for a shock when I added up the toll including the Electronics City Elevated road. Rs 490 one way. The distance is around 360 kms.
The roads are good though and six lane till Krishnagiri and the last 40 kms or so nearing Coimbatore.

I remember it being an average of 1 rupee per km.
One word : Inflation!!
They usually increase the tolls every 2-3 years by some fixed percentage. I remember the Krishnagiri toll used to be Rs 25 in 2006/7. Then immediately after 6-laning, it became 50. And now its 60.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 00:33   #932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Did you find barricades on the NH at intersections?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Yes, around Salem. It was there while approaching Salem from Bangalore as well as Coimbatore. Not just at intersections, they had kept some as speed checks.
Onward to Salem from Bangalore, you'll find them from Omalur. On the return, they start from Vinayaka missions Medical college.
luvurride is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2017, 09:36   #933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
One word : Inflation!!
They usually increase the tolls every 2-3 years by some fixed percentage. I remember the Krishnagiri toll used to be Rs 25 in 2006/7. Then immediately after 6-laning, it became 50. And now its 60.
Krishnagiri toll plaza fare is Rs 65 while that of Thoppur toll plaza, the fare is Rs 90. These fares are applicable for single trip.
Old 29th September 2017, 16:25   #934
Senior - BHPian

Those driving BLR-CBE or BLR-MDU tomorrow be wary that there is a MGR Centenary Fete in GCE Karuppur,Salem which is bang on NH7. The diversions suggested are to take the Thoppur-Tharamangalam-Sankari road. From Madras its suggested to take Attur-Rasipuram-Mallasamudram-Vaikundam road.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries-whatsapp-image-20170929-13.48.09.jpeg  

Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries-whatsapp-image-20170929-13.48.091.jpeg  

narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 14:13   #935
BHPian

Hi all - I will be starting to hosur tomorrow. Any diversions or traffic redirections expected ?
Old 1st October 2017, 16:31   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi all - I will be starting to hosur tomorrow. Any diversions or traffic redirections expected ?
Nothing much. There was heavy police presence around Salem and the placards and posters being pulled down today.
Old 18th December 2017, 11:39   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
You can try, Bangalore - Kanakapura – Kollegal – Germalam – Dhimbam – Sathyamangalam – Annur - Coimbatore route.
Any update on the road and traffic conditions on this route? Planning to take this route to coimbatore next weekend. The normal route via salem will be anyways packed with vacation traffic.
Old 18th December 2017, 12:13   #938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Any update on the road and traffic conditions on this route? Planning to take this route to coimbatore next weekend. The normal route via salem will be anyways packed with vacation traffic.
You can refer the below post for latest update.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4324294

Yes, it makes sense to take this route to avoid the holiday crowd on the Salem route.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 13:32   #939
BHPian

A friend of mine took this route (NH948) on 6th Jan 2018 and reports the following stretch (marked in red) had intermittent bad sections but should be manageable.

Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries-map.png

Road widening is happening at Kollegal. Bridge construction work at Chamrajnagar requires a Km of detour via narrow lanes. As soon as you cross into Tamilnadu, the roads are butter smooth

PS: The one who shared this info is an avid traveler, a big fan of Team-BHP. He wanted to share info about the routes he travels so it is useful for many.

Last edited by Thermodynamics : 8th January 2018 at 13:36.
Thermodynamics is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 14:19   #940
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning to take Anekal - Jigani - Kelamangalam - Rayakottai - Palacode - Dharmapuri route during 26th long weekend. Anything that I need to watch-out for apart from usual 2 wheelers, cows and speedbreakers?
Old 8th January 2018, 14:43   #941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Planning to take Anekal - Jigani - Kelamangalam - Rayakottai - Palacode - Dharmapuri route during 26th long weekend. Anything that I need to watch-out for apart from usual 2 wheelers, cows and speedbreakers?
Incase you wish to avoid Salem as well, you could try the below route

Via Thoppur, Mecheri, Nangavalli, Jalakandapuram, Edappadi to Sankagiri
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 18:23   #942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Incase you wish to avoid Salem as well, you could try the below route
Headed to Kanyakumari and hence this might not work. Any other way to avoid construction around salem?
Old 8th January 2018, 18:42   #943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Headed to Kanyakumari and hence this might not work. Any other way to avoid construction around salem?
One flyover is already open. What time are you planning to cross Salem? It shouldn't be a problem if you cross before 7am.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 09:53   #944
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Planning to take Anekal - Jigani - Kelamangalam - Rayakottai - Palacode - Dharmapuri
Assuming that this is doable in 2.5 hrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
One flyover is already open. What time are you planning to cross Salem? It shouldn't be a problem if you cross before 7am.
With a 4.30 am Start, I am hoping to be near Thoppur by 7 and hence should hit Salem around 7.30 am. Any good place for a breakfast stop after Salem with clean washrooms - will be traveling with family.

Q: With a 4.30 am start, do I still need to take the non toll route or can I stick to Hosur - Krishnagiri?
Old 9th January 2018, 10:08   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Few days ago, I was going to Rayakottai from Attibele via Kelamangalam. Roads were wide and smooth for most part except for one 3.5km horrible stretch - this is between TVS Cross (where road forks into two just after Attibele town) to TVS factory in Amritha just after KA-TN border. They are laying road here but as of now only jalli/gravel stones are put. Its bone jarring and 2/4 wheelers can move only max. 20-25 kmph on this stretch. After TVS factory its smooth though (upto Rayakottai).

Not sure if the above stretch comes on your route, but still posting for the benefit of others in the forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks