Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2014, 18:26   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: A YetiGuideŽ to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraft.wagen View Post
Yea very true, and I can get my share of vada-pav as well. I was checking Orchid its around 8k for a night. When you mean mid range are there any better ones?

How far is the Marriott courtyard? considering I have a 10am flight should I worry bout traffic in the morning?

Thanks
If you have not booked already, you might want to check Groupon. Multiple times I have stayed at Bawa International, which is about 100 mtrs from the domestic terminal. They have packages for 8 hrs. Is usually about 2.5-3K.
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2014, 20:01   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Google maps says 5 km/ 9 minutes from there to the airport. Heard there are some good offers on Courtyard Marriott, should be a good option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Hey man!! Welcome back!

In mumbai you should always be worried about traffic. If company is paying then push for sahara star (9k on most nights). you can walk from there to your flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
There used to be a "Parle International" hotel, ///.

Thanks guys. Ended up staying at my brother who lives in Santacruz West some 10mins from the domestic airport
Old 3rd December 2014, 10:50   #903
Team-BHP Support

Found this on Imgur. No clue where else to share this so posting it here:

A YetiGuideŽ to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel-nuhhooo.jpg

Flight attendant, Air India Circa 1946
Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2014, 17:52   #904
BHPian

Team is there any place inside the Kolkata airport where I can spend the night with my family . I mean any lounge.I am travelling economy class.I have an international connecting flight 10 hrs later. Or it is better to come out of airport and book a hotel near the airport.

Last edited by inder : 18th December 2014 at 17:54.
Old 18th December 2014, 23:24   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Team is there any place inside the Kolkata airport where I can spend the night with my family . I mean any lounge.I am travelling economy class.I have an international connecting flight 10 hrs later. Or it is better to come out of airport and book a hotel near the airport.
Nothing in the airport.

This is a good place.http://www.loharukahotels.com/
Old 3rd April 2015, 17:31   #906
Team-BHP Support

Had a very pleasant experience at the Mumbai domestic airport just a while back.

I had to hurry home due to some family emergency and had booked an Indigo flight to Coimbatore departing at 7:55 PM today. But the queues at the counters (4 operational) were too long and the frustrated passengers were shouting and complaining. I was unable to get the boarding pass printed - tried several times at home but it threw an error. Even the kiosks would print the pass just an hour prior to the departure.

One lady from the ground support staff, who was helping the passengers was at the receiving end of all this. Since I didn't have any check-in baggage and just one backpack, I was in the queue, at the far end of it waiting for my turn. She walks up to me, politely asks me if I had any check-in baggage and asks for my ticket print-out and the ID proof. I handed her those and she gave me the boarding pass in less than 5 minutes! I was pleasantly shocked. Never expected her to help me out like that. I profusely thanked her, noted down her name from the tag and walked to the security counter. And here I am waiting for the flight, browsing through the free WiFi.

Will drop a mail to Indigo's customer support for her gesture.
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2015, 14:13   #907
BHPian

Hi all,

+1 to Indigo ....

I Just came back from a round trip to Chandigarh with my one year old daughter.
The returning flight from Chandigarh was a Indigo flight. The Indigo ground staff as per defined procedures allowed us to use the express check in counter thus avoiding a long queue at the other checkin counters and allowed us priority boarding with the Infant. A lady from the flight crew personally came to our seats and explained to my wife the safety precautions to be taken while travelling with an Infant. Also asked us to call the crew immediately if we needed any assistance with the baby.

This kind of customer service is duly appreciated and also kept us at ease during the flight.

Thank you Indigo! much appreciated

Regards
Dieseltuned
Old 31st May 2015, 22:18   #908
Team-BHP Support

Took an AI flight to Delhi in order to transfer to a Turkish Airlines flight. Arrived at 10.30PM and our connecting flight was at 6 am. Alas we were not allowed to clear immigration and enter the holding area until 4 am.

Very uncomfortable night in Delhi airport. If I had known, I would have taken a hotel
Old 1st June 2015, 10:43   #909
BHPian

Has anyone ever brought alloys as check-in baggage on domestic flights? Is it problematic? Is there cause for concern?

I have a set of four 15 inch alloys bought in New Delhi last month. Each is in a separate carton. I was planning to get Agarwal Packers for this but a friend is travelling to Kolkata this weekend with no check in luggage and he offered to bring as much as his free luggage limit would allow (15kg). Even if he can take two rims its a start.
Old 17th July 2015, 17:28   #910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Took an AI flight to Delhi in order to transfer to a Turkish Airlines flight. Arrived at 10.30PM and our connecting flight was at 6 am. Alas we were not allowed to clear immigration and enter the holding area until 4 am.
A related question, is your checkin luggage through checked in from AI to Turkish in Delhi?

I know you have to take your luggage from domestic to international for AI-Turkish transit via Bombay. Their odd sort of connections is the reason I've avoided Turkish.
Old 17th July 2015, 17:35   #911
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
A related question, is your checkin luggage through checked in from AI to Turkish in Delhi?

I know you have to take your luggage from domestic to international for AI-Turkish transit via Bombay. Their odd sort of connections is the reason I've avoided Turkish.

You don't. You collect and pass through customs then check it right back into the AI counter. Remember to pack your duty free into them !
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2015, 12:07   #912
Senior - BHPian

How to redeem Emirates Skywards miles for a Jet Airways flight?

A question about redeeming Emirates Skywards miles for Jet Airways domestic travel.

I have close to 50000 skywards miles in Emirates which I plan to utlize for booking domestic flight tickets in their partnet airline, Jet Airways.

While talking to a frequent flyer friend, he said I have to call up Emirates customer care and try to get the booking done over phone. Is this the only way to redeem miles for a flight? Has anyone done this precedure online? I would really like to do it online without talking to a human being - any experienced travellers around here who can throw some light?

Last edited by clevermax : 5th August 2015 at 12:08.
Old 11th September 2015, 11:59   #913
BHPian

Re: How to redeem Emirates Skywards miles for a Jet Airways flight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
A question about redeeming Emirates Skywards miles for Jet Airways domestic travel.

I have close to 50000 skywards miles in Emirates which I plan to utlize for booking domestic flight tickets in their partnet airline, Jet Airways.

While talking to a frequent flyer friend, he said I have to call up Emirates customer care and try to get the booking done over phone. Is this the only way to redeem miles for a flight? Has anyone done this precedure online? I would really like to do it online without talking to a human being - any experienced travellers around here who can throw some light?
Your friend is right. Only way to redeem EK miles on 9W is to call their India call center. Generally there is an availability in economy. You should have done your homework before. When you call them, you should be ready with these...
  • Have your desired flights and dates handy
  • Keep yourself logged on to email which is linked to EK FF (to see and confirm the itin they mail. You need to reply and confirm)
  • Have a credit card which has OTP feature for online transactions

If you have all this, you can finish the tx in 15-20 mins. Good luck.
kshastry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 05:54   #914
BANNED

I normally use my driver's license as the Identity Card to show to Airport Security and Flight checkin desk. However, I lost my license a week back.

I was wondering if the PAN card/Voter Id Card are good enough to carry as ID? Both are 20 years old, and hence have 20 year old photos, so I was wondering if that's OK or should I carry my passport. It's a day trip, so I am not carrying any bags except my laptop, so I am wary of losing the passport if I carry it.
Old 18th October 2015, 07:49   #915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
I normally use my driver's license as the Identity Card to show to Airport Security and Flight checkin desk. However, I lost my license a week back.

I was wondering if the PAN card/Voter Id Card are good enough to carry as ID? Both are 20 years old, and hence have 20 year old photos, so I was wondering if that's OK or should I carry my passport. It's a day trip, so I am not carrying any bags except my laptop, so I am wary of losing the passport if I carry it.
PAN Card or Voter Id Card is enough. If the 20 year photo looks very different then it could be a problem. Yeah, carrying passport forces you to be extra cautious.

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks