Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2012, 13:35   #3976
BHPian

re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you want to take the CBE side and still avoid Kuthiran/Walayar, the best option to Kottayam is :

Salem-Perundurai-Kangeyam-Palladam-Pollachi-Kollegode-Alathur-Pazhyannur-Vadakkaachary-Trichur (bypass) - Angamaly-Muvattupuzha-Kottayam

Route link via Pollachi

This would add about 50 km extra. But mostly hassle free drive.
I'll be travelling to Mavelikara from Bangalore this Monday (20th August).
Plan to leave Bangalore around 4Am.
Does anyone know the latest update on the road condition between Palakkad and Trichur ( Kuthiran )?
Considering that I'm also travelling with two kids in my Getz, would you suggest the above route as suggested by Ampere (bypassing walayar and kuthiran)?
Thanks in advance!
Old 17th August 2012, 14:52   #3977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljai View Post
I'll be travelling to Mavelikara from Bangalore this Monday (20th August).
Plan to leave Bangalore around 4Am.
Does anyone know the latest update on the road condition between Palakkad and Trichur ( Kuthiran )?
Considering that I'm also travelling with two kids in my Getz, would you suggest the above route as suggested by Ampere (bypassing walayar and kuthiran)?
Thanks in advance!
Kuthiran is hopeless Im informed.

Either you take the Pollachi route to avoid walayar and kuthiran all together, OR if you come through Walayar, get to Mannuthy through the Ottapalam route.

Do Not take kuthiran
Old 17th August 2012, 14:55   #3978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
Kuthiran is hopeless Im informed.

Either you take the Pollachi route to avoid walayar and kuthiran all together, OR if you come through Walayar, get to Mannuthy through the Ottapalam route.

Do Not take kuthiran
Thanks,
Read a couple of days back that they have started tarring Kuthiran, is the condition still hopeless?
Also, if I take the Pollachi route, how long will it take for me to reach Mannuthy, and what will be the time difference when compared to NH47?
Old 17th August 2012, 15:00   #3979
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks,
Read a couple of days back that they have started tarring Kuthiran, is the condition still hopeless?
Also, if I take the Pollachi route, how long will it take for me to reach Mannuthy, and what will be the time difference when compared to NH47?

I havent travelled that route, cos my travel ends in the rice bowl of kerala, Palakkad

But quoting from what @ranjitp1 posted a couple of posts back, " Kollengode is another 45mins from Pollachi,Alathur in 30mins from Kollengode,Pazhyannur in 30mins from Alathur,Wadakancheri in 75mins from Pazhyannur,Thrissur in 40mins from Wadakancheri.
mannubhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 15:16   #3980
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks,
As far as I understand, the problem in Kuthiran is the huge craters and trucks breaking down falling into them. Now the taring work is being done, the 2-3 hours jams may not happen. In that case, the Pollachi route joining back on NH47 in Vadakkenchery could be a better option.

Also, its a good idea to avoid Walayar as there could be blocks due to the heavy truck movement.

Last edited by manojas : 17th August 2012 at 15:19. Reason: Forgot to mention Walayar
manojas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 15:32   #3981
BHPian

Can someone suggest any good restaurant with clean toilets between Pollachi and Vadakkencherry?
Old 17th August 2012, 16:01   #3982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone suggest any good restaurant with clean toilets between Pollachi and Vadakkencherry?
You would find small wayside restaurants,but nothing big between Pollachi and Vadakkencheri.Once you rejoin the NH47 at Vadakkencheri you have plenty of restaurants at that point.There is Aryas,Diana and a couple more of them.IMO "Clean toilets" is a problem in any restaurant in Kerala.Even the majority of the best of restaurants cannot showcase a clean toilet even though we are tagged as God's own country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manojas View Post
As far as I understand, the problem in Kuthiran is the huge craters and trucks breaking down falling into them. Now the taring work is being done, the 2-3 hours jams may not happen. In that case, the Pollachi route joining back on NH47 in Vadakkenchery could be a better option.

Also, its a good idea to avoid Walayar as there could be blocks due to the heavy truck movement.
IMHO taking the NH47 between Palakkad and Thrissur till such time(read that as years) that the 4 laning work is completed should be a very bad idea.Why would anyone want to waste time negotiating such a lousy highway road when an excellent and wide Palakkad-Ottapalam-Shoranur-Wadakancheri-Thrissur is readily available.Also it would make sense to completely avoid Walayar till Onam gets over as truck traffic carrying goods for the festive season is going to be very high at the CP.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 16:14   #3983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
You would find small wayside restaurants,but nothing big between Pollachi and Vadakkencheri.Once you rejoin the NH47 at Vadakkencheri you have plenty of restaurants at that point.There is Aryas,Diana and a couple more of them.IMO "Clean toilets" is a problem in any restaurant in Kerala.Even the majority of the best of restaurants cannot showcase a clean toilet even though we are tagged as God's own country!
So for a 4 Am Bangalore start, where do you suggest that we take the first break?
Old 17th August 2012, 16:28   #3984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So for a 4 Am Bangalore start, where do you suggest that we take the first break?
4am BLR,should see you reaching Salem by 7am.If you are in a mood to splurge,you have GRT Estancia to your left at Salem.Then you have Annamalakshmi to your right approx 80kms from Salem and Aaryas also slightly before this.After this you have Rajabhojanam just before the L&T bypass at coimbatore.
Old 17th August 2012, 17:26   #3985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I normally stop at the Sri Saravana Bhavan hotel at about 25 kms from Salem bye-pass end. It is on the left side of the road and food is pretty good with good parking and decent rest room facilities.
Old 17th August 2012, 17:36   #3986
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I normally stop at the Sri Saravana Bhavan hotel at about 25 kms from Salem bye-pass end. It is on the left side of the road and food is pretty good with good parking and decent rest room facilities.
Any nearby landmarks for this ? Is it after the Vinayaka mission's series of colleges on Salem byepass ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Then you have Annamalakshmi to your right approx 80kms from Salem
If I remember correctly, When going from Bangalore, Annalaksmi is on the left side just after one of the Perundurai left turnoffs and Aryaas is on the right side a little ahead.

Last edited by NPV : 17th August 2012 at 17:40.
Old 17th August 2012, 17:44   #3987
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Any nearby landmarks for this ? Is it after the Vinayaka mission's series of colleges on Salem byepass ?

Yes. It is after Vinayaka colleges, about 2 kms before the Sankagiri/Vaikuntam toll plaza. See the link of the map below.

SANKAGIRI - Google Maps
vasoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 18:47   #3988
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
If I remember correctly, When going from Bangalore, Annalaksmi is on the left side just after one of the Perundurai left turnoffs
and Aryaas is on the right side a little ahead.
While driving towards CBE:

After you cross the first Perundurai exit and take the bypass, you would see Aryas on the right.
Then you hit the second exit to the town and immediately you see Annalakshmi on your left.

Last edited by ampere : 17th August 2012 at 19:04.
Old 17th August 2012, 18:59   #3989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
While driving towards CBE:

After you cross the first Perundurai exit and take the bypass, you would see Aryas on the left.
Then you hit the second exit to the town and immediately you see Annalakshmi on your left.
Are you sure that Aryas is on the left? Have seen a big one on the right.

Last edited by cooljai : 17th August 2012 at 19:00.
cooljai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 19:05   #3990
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Are you sure that Aryas is on the left? Have seen a big one on the right.
Thanks. That was a typo. I corrected the post.
Aryas is on the right as you mentioned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks