Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2014, 19:18   #2701
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Sorry forgot to update in my previous post. I do not want to take Yellapur route and i need to reach North Goa.
Oh!! ok; there was this same question asked in HVK Forum & Message Boards (hope it wasn't you) yesterday or day before. I'll find out the route for you from there tomorrow. Hope you aren't starting tonight.
Old 11th September 2014, 19:21   #2702
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Oh!! ok; there was this same question asked in HVK Forum & Message Boards (hope it wasn't you) yesterday or day before. I'll find out the route for you from there tomorrow. Hope you aren't starting tonight.
Thanks for the quick response Ganesh.
It was the same. I had the general question over there but wanted to know specifically the route i mentioned earlier so that i can avoid belgaum city traffic.
Would be leaving tomorrow afternoon.
Old 12th September 2014, 13:38   #2703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
@Shiwik - I'm gonna take your inputs and take this route next week. Mine is an XUV, so no issues on the GC/pot holes part. I know @ampere will be mad as he strongly advises to stay away from this route, but the fact that it is shorter by 60 kms is what is really tempting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No way sir! If you along with family can enjoy the road nothing like it. Just that from a time wise you dont gain anything because road conditions may slow you down. That extra 50km can be covered easily while driving through the 4-lane and NH63. I advise it against to the guys who look at it as an option to save time.
I agree with ampere here. I had taken this route and realised that you don't save any time due to the lesser distance. Regarding the scenary, it is nothing that you don't see in around that area of sal or teak plants on both sides on the other routes to Goa as well. Moreover, there are no food or other utilities options and with family and kids it could be too tiresome on that desolate stretch. Also, the tarmac patch is too narrow and I found too many buffalo carts loaded high and wide with fodder which covered almost the entire road making it absolutely frustrating to overtake.
While returning I took the Ponda route where I managed better time despite the longer distance.
Old 13th September 2014, 09:27   #2704
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Colva is near Madgaon (South Goa). Take the Hubli-Ankola-Karwar road.
I am going to South Goa (Betalbatim). From Hubli, is it recommended to go via Karwar or take the default route given by google maps - link given below (Dharwad - Londa - Ponda)? Thanks

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Be...15.2661351!3e0
Old 13th September 2014, 09:56   #2705
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I am going to South Goa (Betalbatim). From Hubli, is it recommended to go via Karwar or take the default route given by google maps - link given below (Dharwad - Londa - Ponda)? Thanks
The road via Yellapur-Ankola bypass - Karwar is best from road point of view. It also has good scenery. The one via Londa has more winding ghat roads. Conditions wont be as great as NH63.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2014, 17:21   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Took Ramnagar-Londa-Panaji-North Goa on Friday and back on Sunday via Chorla Ghat.
Till Ramnagar, roads are too good. Dharwad to Ramnagar is a toll road and have proper pedestrian road humps and excellent condition. From Ramnagar till Mollem, the ghat section, roads are bad.
Any day would suggest Chorla ghat, excellent all the way till Belgaum.
Old 15th September 2014, 17:33   #2707
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Till Ramnagar, roads are too good. Dharwad to Ramnagar is a toll road and have proper pedestrian road humps and excellent condition. From Ramnagar till
Wow! Did not know Dharwad-Ramnagar is a tolled road! Great update. Thanks. Typically the Ponda ghat is not all that great, but just about OK.
Old 15th September 2014, 18:05   #2708
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dharwad to Ramnagar is a toll road and have proper pedestrian road humps and excellent condition
Are you referring to SH34 via Alnavar? It used to be a nightmare driving on this road till some time back.
Old 15th September 2014, 19:13   #2709
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow! Did not know Dharwad-Ramnagar is a tolled road! Great update. Thanks. Typically the Ponda ghat is not all that great, but just about OK.
60 kms of Toll road done by Karnataka State Road Dept. Very neatly done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Are you referring to SH34 via Alnavar? It used to be a nightmare driving on this road till some time back.
Yes, this is the route i am talking about https://goo.gl/maps/AUCje

I should have the toll ticket, will post the picture.
To add the experience, the toll staff was too polite and wished happy journey sir
Old 17th September 2014, 13:29   #2710
BHPian

Guys, this query is regarding the route to pass through Belgaum. I am planning a trip to Calangute late next month and plan to take the Chorla route. When I plot this in Gmap, there are 2 options shown to navigate through Belgaum city. One route shows through Old Belgaum - Teggin Gali - Adarsh Nagar - Khanpur Road. The other option is continuing further along the highway and then turn left and cross the city by the Killa Lake - Belgaum Fort area to take the Panjim - Belgaum road. Can the veterans advise which road to take to save time as I should be reaching there around 2-3 pm and do not want to remain stuck in heavy traffic.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 17th September 2014 at 13:37.
Old 17th September 2014, 13:46   #2711
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Can the veterans advise which road to take to save time as I should be reaching there around 2-3 pm and do not want to remain stuck in heavy traffic.

- If you are driving from Pune side, then exit 4-lane just after Hindalco.
Route link
Old 17th September 2014, 14:38   #2712
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the link:

Route Link
Another request, can you post the complete the route map link here? Traveling from Marathalli in Bangalore.

From Goa, I will be heading off to Mumbai, and am yet to arrive at the correct route for that one too, so request your help again.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 17th September 2014, 16:12   #2713
BHPian

Quote:
- If you are driving from Pune side, then exit 4-lane just after Hindalco.
Thanks for the quick revert, ampere. But I'll be driving from Bangalore taking the Bangalore - Chitradurga - Belgaum - Chorla route. So, any pointers in navigating through Belgaum from this side would be helpful as I do not want to waste too much time inside the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Another request, can you post the complete the route map link here? Traveling from Marathalli in Bangalore.

From Goa, I will be heading off to Mumbai, and am yet to arrive at the correct route for that one too, so request your help again.

Thanks in Advance.
If you are travelling to North Goa, you can take the Chorla route which presently is the favourite in the forum it seems.
The Bankapur Mundgod Yellapur stretch that you have shown was not too good when I went in Jan this year. If you want to take this route to south Goa, I suggest take the longer Hubli Yellapur Karwar route and not this shortcut.

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 17th September 2014 at 16:13.
Old 17th September 2014, 16:14   #2714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If you are travelling to North Goa, you can take the Chorla route which presently is the favourite in the forum it seems.
The Bankapur Mundgod Yellapur stretch that you have shown was not too good when I went in Jan this year. If you want to take this route to south Goa, I suggest take the longer Hubli Yellapur Karwar route and not this shortcut.
I will be going to Colva, South Goa. I am looking for the complete route map from Bangalore.
Old 17th September 2014, 16:34   #2715
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the quick revert, ampere. But I'll be driving from Bangalore taking the Bangalore - Chitradurga - Belgaum - Chorla route. So, any pointers in navigating through Belgaum from this side would be helpful as I do not want to waste too much time inside the city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
I will be going to Colva, South Goa. I am looking for the complete route map from Bangalore.
Here you go guys:
Road up to Mapusa via Belgaum/Chorla
Route Link

Marks:
B : Kamat at Ranebennur (BF Point). 4AM start means, you are here by 8
C: Start of Hubli/Dharwad bypass
D: Another Kamat in case you need one. (There is one more before Hubli too. I hope you may not either of them.)
E: Here you exit NH4
F: Hotel Sankam. (In case you need more break). The best hotel for food and also for a break.

Rest of the points are self-explanatory.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks