Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2023, 17:26   #6106
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecusp View Post
Hello folks,

I might also break the first leg of the journey at Davanagere if I am not able to leave in the morning as I plan. Any recommendations for a good, clean and safe hotel on the highway will be appreciated as well.
Check my post in this thread for this- https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5639933 (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries)
rustyg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2023, 19:35   #6107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecusp View Post
Hello folks,

The route I have selected goes in a similar direction but turns off the NH48 about 20 kms after Bankapura.

Here's the route on maps: https://maps.app.goo.gl/xAfwHStvuEmLoFZcA
Thanks for sharing ... Am also driving to Agonda on 23rd early morning. Would have taken the default g-maps Bankapura-Mundgod-Yellapur but saw your post.
Old 17th December 2023, 19:47   #6108
BHPian

Can anyone tell me how is this road through via Majali-Anshi National Park-Dandeli for return journey from Goa on a hatchback? If I were to start from Agonda at around 10 am and plan to night halt at Davanagere.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-map.jpg  

Old 18th December 2023, 11:47   #6109
BHPian

Planning a drive Pune -> Kolhapur -> Hampi -> Somewhere in South Goa.

Need some help on the Hampi to South goa, google suggest Hubli -> Dharwad - Ramnagar -> Anmod ghat -Mollem. I hope this is still the recommended route? I want to reach Mollem (Amigos restaurant) for lunch, how should I plan my drive? Are the roads still in good condition? Saw some post in October where it is mentioned roads are driveable so planning to take this route.

Any other suggestions?
Old 22nd December 2023, 00:12   #6110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Planning a drive Pune -> Kolhapur -> Hampi -> Somewhere in South Goa.

Need some help on the Hampi to South goa, google suggest Hubli -> Dharwad - Ramnagar -> Anmod ghat -Mollem. I hope this is still the recommended route? I want to reach Mollem (Amigos restaurant) for lunch, how should I plan my drive? Are the roads still in good condition? Saw some post in October where it is mentioned roads are driveable so planning to take this route.

Any other suggestions?
Take the Tinai Ghat after Ramnagar if you are driving during the day. The road is narrow, so drive slowly.
varunait2003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 09:14   #6111
Senior - BHPian

Request BHPians driving to Goa today and tomorrow to update road condition of Ramnagar - Anmod/Tinai ghat - Mollem route. I will be driving to Goa on Sunday, 24 Dec and planning to take this route for our destination Colva.
Old 22nd December 2023, 09:47   #6112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunait2003 View Post
Take the Tinai Ghat after Ramnagar if you are driving during the day. The road is narrow, so drive slowly.
Thanks for the suggestion!

My plan changed, now I am driving from Kolhapur to Canacona in south goa. Again, the desire is to have lunch at Amigos at Dharbandora near Mollem. However, google is not suggesting this route at all via anmod. Google says take Tillari ghat road or Amboli even for driving to Canacona.

Whoever has taken these roads recently, can you please comment which one would be better?
Old 22nd December 2023, 19:42   #6113
BHPian

Hi, I am planning a drive to North Goa and needed advise about a good hotel near or after Dharwad on the highway. I will be traveling with my wife and 6 yr old daughter, so looking for a family friendly place.

Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 19:44   #6114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santosh.Kat View Post
Hi, I am planning a drive to North Goa and needed advise about a good hotel near or after Dharwad on the highway. I will be traveling with my wife and 6 yr old daughter, so looking for a family friendly place.

Thanks
Nanu resort is good one. Affordable and elegant.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 19:56   #6115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
Nanu resort is good one. Affordable and elegant.
Hi, I couldn't locate Nanu resort in Dharwad. Are you referring to this: https://maps.app.goo.gl/2k7Pdq4NKscm9emH7

Thanks again!
Old 22nd December 2023, 21:21   #6116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Request BHPians driving to Goa today and tomorrow to update road condition of Ramnagar - Anmod/Tinai ghat - Mollem route. I will be driving to Goa on Sunday, 24 Dec and planning to take this route for our destination Colva.
Travelled to my home today. Road conditions are the same, broken roads after the Tinai ghat railway crossing. The only difference compared to my last visit in Nov is that, there is loose gravel on the road, instead of the earlier mud roads. It seems the construction activity has resumed at a couple of places. You can take the diversion suggested by google, to avoid this bad patch. As others reported the diversion is though a winding road, with lots of curves and quite isolated.
gautamal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 21:33   #6117
BHPian

Did a quick Blore - Patnem (South Goa) trip. Took the Hubli byepass- Kalghatgi- Yellapur stretch both ways.

With the Mundgod stretch being poor currently, it makes a ton of sense to take the Hubli byepass route. The longer distance is offset by the higher average speed on this route. (versus Mundgod or even Sirsi route)

Hubli byepass to Yellapur is Smooth.
Yellapur to Ankola used to be smooth till some time back. But now there are a few bad patches + the odd pothole. But still fully doable
loki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2023, 21:40   #6118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Did a quick Blore - Patnem (South Goa) trip. Took the Hubli byepass- Kalghatgi- Yellapur stretch both ways.
I did the same route over the last weekend. Totally vouch for this route.
I tried a diversion near hotel Ganesh which takes you to Tadas - Kallaghatagi road. This route is pretty ok as well and saves around 25 kms compared to travelling to Hubli.
Can take this diversion if you are travelling during the day.
Avoid the google map route which takes a left at Bankapur. It is not worth it.
Way2Jimny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2023, 20:36   #6119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way2Jimny View Post
I tried a diversion near hotel Ganesh which takes you to Tadas - Kallaghatagi road. This route is pretty ok as well and saves around 25 kms compared to travelling to Hubli.
Can take this diversion if you are travelling during the day.

I just returned today from Agonda. I took exactly this route both ways. It will easily save 20-25 mins of travel time. Surface is slightly rough but we can maintain 60-70 kmph easily.
sixersiddu is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 09:44   #6120
BHPian

A Happy New Year to all.
Make note of the below. There could be some diversions in Anmod!
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-1b13438.jpg
chorispao is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks