Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2023, 16:46   #6046
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyg View Post
I always stop at Davangere for my onwards (from Bangalore) and return journeys for reasons -

Did the above around 7-8 times and 2 times of direct journey in last 2 years. Davangere is sweet spot for my style of travel.

Stay- Highly recommend Southern Star - as it is accessible from highway and not very inside, It is inclusive of Breakfast option, good and spacious rooms even with 2 kids and extra bed and lastly - happy hours in bar till 9 pm
Break fast spread is very big and lot of options.
Thanks for the inputs. I am also planning to take a halt at either Davanagere or Hubli post leaving Bangalore (Sarjapur road) at around 1PM. Hubli seems a little far and Davanagere is little early, but looks like it is a better option in case one wants to avoid the night driving
Old 10th October 2023, 11:16   #6047

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPai View Post
Thanks for the inputs. I am also planning to take a halt at either Davanagere or Hubli post leaving Bangalore (Sarjapur road) at around 1PM. Hubli seems a little far and Davanagere is little early, but looks like it is a better option in case one wants to avoid the night driving
If you are planning to leave Bangalore by around 1 PM, you should comfortably reach Hubli by 7 - 7.30. Hotel Naveen is a great option to stay in Hubli at a Rs. 3000/- price point. There are a lot of cheaper options in Hubli too. Ideally break in journey at Dharwad is preferable as you will save around 20 mins in the morning, but there are no great hotels in Dharwad to stay if one is traveling with family
Old 10th October 2023, 11:34   #6048

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorispao View Post
Hi All
Drove to Panjim via Anmod. With the monsoon retreating, the 12km stretch is now clear of water logging. Route is absolutely doable now in any car with the only pain point being the road besides the under construction flyover (15.430, 74.360). Rest is all good to go! This route is the fastest way to North Goa. Happy driving.
Regards,
Chorispao
We are traveling to north Goa this weekend. Two cars, Honda City and Skoda Octavia. I am worried about the stretch between Ramnagar and Anmod. While largely the road is cemented, the pain spots are 15.430, 74.360 and the railway crossing before this stretch. Do you think the City and Octavia will be able to handle these stretches without scraping the bottom?

If not, I will take the Ramnagar - Tina - Marsangal - Rangarook - Anmod deviation. This road gets quite narrow at some places
Old 10th October 2023, 12:50   #6049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant Shenoi View Post
If you are planning to leave Bangalore by around 1 PM, you should comfortably reach Hubli by 7 - 7.30. Hotel Naveen is a great option to stay in Hubli at a Rs. 3000/- price point. There are a lot of cheaper options in Hubli too. Ideally break in journey at Dharwad is preferable as you will save around 20 mins in the morning, but there are no great hotels in Dharwad to stay if one is traveling with family
Thanks for the inputs. Google maps however is showing 7 Hr 13 min from my place on Sarjapur road to this hotel (checked now at 12:45PM). I am adding 45 min of breaks as I am with 2 Kids. It will be 9 PM by the time we reach the hotel then. 7-7:30 PM time looks a bit difficult, unless there is a possibility to gain some time over what google maps has suggested
Old 10th October 2023, 13:09   #6050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPai View Post
Thanks for the inputs. Google maps however is showing 7 Hr 13 min from my place on Sarjapur road to this hotel (checked now at 12:45PM). I am adding 45 min of breaks as I am with 2 Kids. It will be 9 PM by the time we reach the hotel then. 7-7:30 PM time looks a bit difficult, unless there is a possibility to gain some time over what google maps has suggested
I don't know what route Gmaps is showing you as of now - probably through the city.
But do checkout the updates on STRR in the 'On bypassing Bangalore' thread. Maybe you can shave off 30-45 minutes if you catch STRR near Hoskote and hit Tumkur road (NH48) around/near Dabaspet.
Old 10th October 2023, 14:28   #6051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant Shenoi View Post
We are traveling to north Goa this weekend. Two cars, Honda City and Skoda Octavia. I am worried about the stretch between Ramnagar and Anmod. While largely the road is cemented, the pain spots are 15.430, 74.360 and the railway crossing before this stretch. Do you think the City and Octavia will be able to handle these stretches without scraping the bottom?

If not, I will take the Ramnagar - Tina - Marsangal - Rangarook - Anmod deviation. This road gets quite narrow at some places
The stretch is doable in any car. Just have to take it slow and easy. The Rangarook drive is good too but be wary that this stretch closes post evening.
Old 10th October 2023, 14:51   #6052

We are planning a trip to North Goa next week from Bangalore (KR Puram to Morjim).
It is first time I am driving on this route.
Google shows: Tumkur -> Chtradurga -> Davanagere -> Dharwad -> Belgavi -> Morjim
Anyone travelled on this route recently, how is the road conditions.
Old 11th October 2023, 09:14   #6053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by payyans View Post
We are planning a trip to North Goa next week from Bangalore (KR Puram to Morjim).
It is first time I am driving on this route.
Google shows: Tumkur -> Chtradurga -> Davanagere -> Dharwad -> Belgavi -> Morjim
Anyone travelled on this route recently, how is the road conditions.
Belgavi to Morjim is via Chorla Ghat. As of recent updates, there are some stretches which are not in good shape. Better to stick to Dharwad>Ramnagar>Anmod>Mollem>Panaji>Mapusa>Morjim . The 12km stretch between Ramnagar>Anmod is manageable as of today.
chorispao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 18:07   #6054
BHPian

I am travelling to Goa from Bangalore tomorrow. While there are quite a few places mentioned on this thread from Bangalore to Hubli / Dharwad, are there any good places to take a Tea break from Dharvad till Anmod?
Old 11th October 2023, 20:06   #6055
BHPian

You can stop at Ramnagar town on the way there are tea and coffee shops and if you want a snack as well
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 15:09   #6056

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorispao View Post
Belgavi to Morjim is via Chorla Ghat. As of recent updates, there are some stretches which are not in good shape. Better to stick to Dharwad>Ramnagar>Anmod>Mollem>Panaji>Mapusa>Morjim . The 12km stretch between Ramnagar>Anmod is manageable as of today.
I recently did both these stretches, onwards journey from Belgavi to Siolim via Chorla Ghat and return journey via Anmod ghat with the Anmod - Rangarook - Marsangal - Tinai detour mentioned earlier in the threads and even suggested by google maps.

Belgavi to Siolim via chorla ghat was just pathetic for first 60 KMs or so, please avoid it, entire Karnataka side stretch has huge craters and bad road conditions. Right at the border welcome sign of Goa is where things change drastically and next 60 kms is a breeze. This makes me wonder how hopeless is state of traffic and road management in Karnataka and they have audacity to demand highest RTO in the country, almost double of some states. And then, they blame you for having private vehicle for traffic, water logging instead of taking any actions like in the recent Bangaluru traffic chaos. I'm never giving them any road tax, thanks to BH series from my hometown.

Return journey via Anmod - Rangarook - Marsangal - Tinai is good and probably the fastest route nowadays without any major potholes or bad roads. Please note that the detour above is via narrow roads inside a reserve forest, which is open only before 6PM. Also, please drive carefully and at limited speeds, at some stretches it's difficult to fit two cars side by side on the roads, and it can be dangerous with oncoming traffic at high speeds. A car sprung out of nowhere on a turn at high speed and I had to come to a sudden halt to avoid collision, thankfully I was at 40-50kmph and it was manageable.
hundred_drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 09:19   #6057
BHPian

Would be traveling to Ganeshgudi. Google Maps is showing to get off the highway before Tadas and then do Tadas-Kalaghatgi. A few years before, I remember this to be narrow and slow. Would it be better to take the NH48 all the way to Gabbur before Hubli and then take the Karwar bypass road and come down to Kalaghatgi? Also, if anyone has travelled to Ganeshgudi, how is the road between Kalaghati and Ganeshgudi/Dandeli? Thanks!
Old 15th October 2023, 13:14   #6058
BHPian

Planning to visit Goa during the Dasara holidays, and have planned to book Rama Beach resorts based on inputs from the other Goan thread.
While the Popular routes suggested in the previous threads suggest taking either the Ramnagara - Anmod route or the Kalghatgi - Yellapura - Karwar route, My relatives suggested another route which is very scenic and has lesser truck traffic. This route is at the middle of the popular two routes - Dharwad - Haliyal - Dandeli - Joida - Anshi National park - Karwar / Canacona - Agonda.
I will be starting from Dharwad by 6:30/7:00 AM. I am travelling in my 7 year old Ford Figo Aspire. If you have been through this route recently, it would be very helpful if you could share your thoughts on going through this route.

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-goa_route.jpg

Also Clarity needed on one point - I currently do not have the ORIGINAL RC card with me as it is with RTO for Hypothecation termination, The details are available in the M-Parivahan app though. - Is that a concern? Usually some thing always crop up when you do not have the specific documents.
Old 16th October 2023, 11:39   #6059
BHPian

Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-goan.jpg

An article that appeared in 'The Goan'. Hopeful that work will end before the onset of the next monsoon! If I recall correctly, the Anmod Ghat widening started in Jan 2019!
chorispao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2023, 20:25   #6060
BHPian

Wanted to know the road conditions from Davangere to Ankola as I am driving to South Goa on 17th Oct, best route to Colba beach. Sorry for the late post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks