Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2023, 15:36   #6016
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdbsd View Post
I would also need the below information. I believe a new bypass has been constructed to reach Yellapura road directly without touching the old road at the outskirts of Hubli. I have taken this bypass while coming from Kalghatgi towards Bangalore, but not from Hubli to Kalghatgi.

If you are anyone of you are aware, can you let me know how to approach this entry so that I can bypass the old road. Thanks again.
Please refer posts #5719 #5720 & #5721. Link to #5719 is below

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5401222 (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries)

Dr.AD has explained in detail.
Bailey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 19:40   #6017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
Please refer posts #5719 #5720 & #5721. Link to #5719 is below

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5401222 (Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries)

Dr.AD has explained in detail.
Thanks for your thoughtful post, digging through the history and giving me the precise links of the posts. Very helpful!
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 13:08   #6018
BHPian

Hello team!

I’m going to be driving to Anjuna next weekend in a Vento TSI. What would the fastest route be? Distance not a factor.

In Bangalore, I will start from JP Nagar but have a Cooke Town pick-up. Planning a 3:30/4AM start.

TIA!
Old 22nd September 2023, 13:19   #6019
BHPian

Need inputs - and this time for the return trip. I am in a bit of a spot. I checked in at Assonora and suddenly looking at 700+ kms of drive back to Bangalore and I am running a little low on confidence in doing this.

Google suggests alternates through Chorla, Anmod and Tilari nagar. And of course, the Karwar route is always there.

Please suggest if a return through Tilari nagar (Highly 130) or Anmod is feasible? Few posts suggest Chorla is not in a good shape. Should I even look at Sawantwadi and Amboli route?

Where exactly the bad patch begins in Anmod section and can I do this in a fully loaded Honda City?

Or would your suggestions be just return the way I reached..via Karwar, Yellapur, which is a known devil. Passengers are wife + 2 kids (grown though).

Last edited by bsdbsd : 22nd September 2023 at 13:20.
Old 22nd September 2023, 15:28   #6020
BHPian

The 12km stretch is a little dicy and unpredictable with the rains. A full loaded HC would scrape under!

Quote:
Where exactly the bad patch begins in Anmod section and can I do this in a fully loaded Honda City?

Last edited by Aditya : 24th September 2023 at 06:26. Reason: Quote tag fixed
chorispao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 16:30   #6021
BHPian

Anmod ghat is doable in a Honda city, just go slow for approx 10 kms and you will be fine
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 13:05   #6022
BHPian

Hi All,
I am traveling to North Goa next weekend with my kids and parents. Will start early morning (3:30/4 AM) from the Bellandur area. From what I understand, the two options are:

1) Hubli-yellapur-ankola-karwar-goa
2) Hubli-Anmod Ghat - Goa

I am in an SUV, so GC is not an issue, but here are my constraints

-> Kid suffers from motion sickness; hence would want to avoid very twisty roads
-> I would prefer a comfortable ride given parents; slightly longer on time and/or distance is ok.

Though it seems like the Karwar route is a better choice, just wanted to confirm which route I should take.

Thanks,
Sameer
Old 23rd September 2023, 16:45   #6023
BHPian

Hi bsdbsd

I returned yesterday (22nd Sep) from Arambol. Google was suggesting a slightly weird Pernem - Bicholim - Jamboti - Khanapur - Kittur - Dharwad - Bangalore route, however I stuck to Mollem - Anmod - Ramnagar - Dharwad - Bangalore route. You can very well take the Anmod route provided while coming from Goa, just after Karnataka Check post (where they check for liqour etc), please take a left turn. This is a detour that is Anmod - Rangarook - Marsangal - Tinai that completely avoids the under construction patch which might be an issue for a fully loaded sedan. I took this route yesterday and not only does it skip the bad roads, the route itself is breathtakingly beautiful. Mind you, the roads are narrow but in pretty good shape. Will upload a couple of videos tonight that will help you and others take a call.

Important : This Rangarook - Marsangal detour is open only till 6 pm in evening.

Quote:

Please suggest if a return through Tilari nagar (Highly 130) or Anmod is feasible? Few posts suggest Chorla is not in a good shape. Should I even look at Sawantwadi and Amboli route?

Hi Sameer

Just did a Bellandur - Arambol (Extreme North Goa) - Bellandur trip.

Given your kid's motion sickness, I would recommend to avoid Anmod Ghat route. It has 2 major twisty sections - 1. Forest stretch between Alnavar and Ramnagar and then the Ghat section across Karnataka and Goa border (Approx. 15 kms I think).

Karwar route will be longer and more time consuming but from what I remember, it has relatively fewer and wider curves. Also I think the ghat section is smaller, though I must confess my memory that stretch is not that sharp (havent used it for 4-5 years now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg View Post
Hi All,

-> Kid suffers from motion sickness; hence would want to avoid very twisty roads
-> I would prefer a comfortable ride given parents; slightly longer on time and/or distance is ok.

Though it seems like the Karwar route is a better choice, just wanted to confirm which route I should take.
Freebird82 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 02:09   #6024
BHPian

Hi bsdbsd and Sameer,

Please see below dashcam footage of the Ramnagar - Tinai - Marsangal - Rangarook - Anmod detour as an alternate route if you want to skip the Tinai - Anmod ghat underconstruction stretch.

The stretch is fine for any sedan/SUV. Advanced apologies for the loud music.

This video is from Ramnagar to the right turn at Tinai which arrives at 3:36 in the video.

This is the road that goes towards the Railway crossing. Please note there is another right turn (further down the road) which is a proper tarmac surface to the railway crossing, unlike the dirt track that I found myself taking.

In the video below, at 3:44, you can see the left turn that one needs to take to continue towards Rangarook.

The left turn at 1:42 is what you need to take to go towards Anmod. The right turn goes to Bhimgad Wildlife Sanctuary.

Once you join the main road (at 3:48 in the video), take a right turn to continue towards Goa.

Quote:

).
Quote:

I
Freebird82 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 24th September 2023, 12:14   #6025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebird82 View Post
Hi bsdbsd

You can very well take the Anmod route provided while coming from Goa, just after Karnataka Check post (where they check for liqour etc), please take a left turn. This is a detour that is Anmod - Rangarook - Marsangal - Tinai that completely avoids the under-construction patch which might be an issue for a fully loaded sedan. I took this route yesterday and not only does it skip the bad roads, the route itself is breathtakingly beautiful. Mind you, the roads are narrow but in pretty good shape.
Thanks a lot, Freebird for the detailed reply. Is this the detour you are talking about?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-screenshot-20230924-12.10.008239pm.png  

Old 24th September 2023, 12:55   #6026
BHPian

Yep thats correct Sameer.

Quote:
Thanks a lot, Freebird for the detailed reply. Is this the detour you are talking about?
Old 24th September 2023, 13:05   #6027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Anmod ghat is doable in a Honda city, just go slow for approx 10 kms and you will be fine
Agree, did Anmod in Ameo 2 weeks back. Slowed down on the bad sections and did not scrape even once.
Chinmayd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 12:44   #6028
BHPian

Thanks a lot to forum members:
Bailey,
NPV,
chorispao,
nirumaljustdoit,

And special thanks to Freebrid82 for such a magnificient response. I was able to return back to Bangalore yesterday night, after weighing upon your posts.

Your posts helped me to take the right decision. I returned via the longest possible route: Assonora-Karwar-Yellapur-Hubli-Bangalore. The primary reason was safety and comfort of a known route. I am risk averse when travelling with full family and decided to avoid Anmod route altogether given the ghat sections, motion sickness related issues, width of the roads and construction related issues. Coupled with these factors was the rain - which was very heavy during Thu, Fri and Sat in Goa, and I wasnt sure what situations I will get into.

Completed the 700Km drive in about 13 hours, including 1 hour of break. Honda City performed extremely well - as I had put on a new set of Yokohoma hard rubbers with RogerAb. Thanks everyone once again.
bsdbsd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2023, 09:24   #6029

Hi Folks,

I am planning a road trip to Goa from Bangalore this weekend.

Looking for inputs on road conditions on Hubli bypass - Kalaghatgi - Ankola - Karwar- Madgaon.

I am also looking for input on which route to take to South Goa in terms of time and road conditions.

Regards.
Old 26th September 2023, 11:42   #6030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashbee70 View Post
Hi Folks,

Looking for inputs on road conditions on Hubli bypass - Kalaghatgi - Ankola - Karwar- Madgaon.

I am also looking for input on which route to take to South Goa in terms of time and road conditions.

Regards.
Please take the newly built bypass to avoid Gabbur-Hubli road and the toll gate. You need to enter a service lane to take the on-ramp. I am not sure if there is a dedicated entry from the highway itself. I didnt want to experiment. Roads are good throughout other than 2-3 small diversions.

Up to Yellapura, the roads are in good condition. Post Yellapur and until 10kms before you hit Karwar road (about 50 kms), its pothole country. New ones are popping up on a daily basis given the rains. But you can maintain decent average speeds if you are careful. After that its a mix of 2 lane and 4 lane roads all the way to Goa.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I did the drive on 20th and 24th (return) September.
bsdbsd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks