Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2014, 20:17   #2671

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Folks,

I am driving from Varca (Goa) to Bangalore later this month. Do I have to necessarily drive up to Ponda to get on to NH4A or can I take interior roads (via Curchorem and Kulem) to join NH4A at Molem?

Thanks in advance...
Dear sir, it is better if you take Varca-Navelim jn- Davorlim jn-Arlem Jn- Borim bridge- Ponda byepass- and to Molem onwards to Anmod-Ramnagar-Hubli-...Bangalore.. The interior roads which you have mentioned via curchorem and kulem are shorter by about 8 kms, but is not going to save your time or comfort as the roads are in bad shape as of now.. Sampathkumar
Sampath Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2014, 20:35   #2672
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the Ramnagar- Anmod - Mollem route road repaired recently ? Last year end when I traveled through this route it was broken around Anmod.
Old 3rd September 2014, 20:41   #2673
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is the Ramnagar- Anmod - Mollem route road repaired recently ? Last year end when I traveled through this route it was broken around Anmod.
This road is quite good now. Of course not as pristine as Chorla, but very much doable.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2014, 00:10   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If south Goa: Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Goa
Any idea if I can do Haveri-BankapurYellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Goa?
How is the road/traffic between Bankapur and Yellapur?

Or is this not worth it?

I am travelling from Bangalore to South Goa.
Old 4th September 2014, 00:32   #2675
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post
Any idea if I can do Haveri-BankapurYellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Goa?
How is the road/traffic between Bankapur and Yellapur?
Not worth it. You wont gain any time. The stretch is narrow and rough at many places. You are better off with Hubli bypass and NH63 if you are taking the Ankola route.
Old 8th September 2014, 16:20   #2676
BHPian

Quote:
How about Sirsi-Yellapur? Places to visit : Magod, Sathodi falls, Jenukallugudda etc. You can stay at Yellapur: http://www.bananacountyresort.com/
@amp - Have you stayed in this place? How good is it? It doesn't seem all that well in the website for the tariff they quote. Also, my enquiry on their website hasn't been responded yet for more than a week!
Old 8th September 2014, 16:26   #2677
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
@amp - Have you stayed in this place? How good is it? It doesn't seem all that well in the website for the tariff they quote. Also, my enquiry on their website hasn't been responded yet for more than a week!
I was about to stay there, but last moment called it off due to some other work. But that seems to the best place in that region. Else you need to take the Sirsi route and look for home stays in there.
Old 8th September 2014, 20:28   #2678
BHPian

Quote:
I was about to stay there, but last moment called it off due to some other work. But that seems to the best place in that region. Else you need to take the Sirsi route and look for home stays in there.
As far as I know there is only one home stay in Sirsi. Rest all are normal Lodges which is easier and inside the Sirsi Town. There no other good options for a stay in Yellapur. Either you will have to book a room in Sirsi or drive all the way to Gokarna or Karwar.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 20:50   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetbadri View Post
As far as I know there is only one home stay in Sirsi. Rest all are normal Lodges which is easier and inside the Sirsi Town. There no other good options for a stay in Yellapur. Either you will have to book a room in Sirsi or drive all the way to Gokarna or Karwar.
Well the idea was to have a stop-over midway or atleast close to midway enroute Goa. So staying in Karwar might be ruled out. Although we will most certainly have lunch at Amrut the next day!

The other option I was contemplating was to stop at Murudeshwar as it has been in my wishlist for sometime. But then G Maps shows the travel time as 9 hours which will be tiring! I'm not sure what would be the fastest route.

I plan on calling Banana County tomorrow and decide based on their response.
Old 8th September 2014, 21:12   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Well the idea was to have a stop-over midway or atleast close to midway enroute Goa. So staying in Karwar might be ruled out. Although we will most certainly have lunch at Amrut the next day!

The other option I was contemplating was to stop at Murudeshwar as it has been in my wishlist for sometime. But then G Maps shows the travel time as 9 hours which will be tiring! I'm not sure what would be the fastest route.

I plan on calling Banana County tomorrow and decide based on their response.
If you are planning for even Murudeshwar, then you can take Bangalore -> Shimoga -> Sagar -> Honnavar -> Murudeshwar. Roads are in good condition all the way till you cross Honnavar Bridge (Kasarkod). From Kasarkod till Manki you would find some potholes however managable. Manki to Murudeshwar is patched road. The drive will almost take about 9 hours if you are taking frequent breaks. I have done the same distance in 7 hours with only two breaks one in Shimoga and the other at Jog.
Old 9th September 2014, 14:43   #2681
BHPian

Banana County is sold out! So guess have to find something in Gokarna/Karwar. Any suggestions for stay please?
Old 9th September 2014, 16:00   #2682
BHPian

Quote:
Banana County is sold out! So guess have to find something in Gokarna/Karwar. Any suggestions for stay please?
You can try Gokarn International (Bit Costly) or Hotel New Prasad Nilay which are about 2 Kms from Gokarn Bus stand. If you are planning for budget stay you can also cross check at the houses around "Koti Teertha" most of them provide a home stay with Food.

There is also a resort near Om Beach which is too costlier.
meetbadri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2014, 21:40   #2683
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you want to try Dandeli before proceeding to Goa? That may be another option. Apart from this Karwar has really good resorts. They have come up over the years. Apart from JLR there is one Emerald bay Resort. (A Sterlin property).

Last edited by ampere : 9th September 2014 at 21:42.
Old 9th September 2014, 23:17   #2684
BHPian

Well, onward booked with Makara Village Resort in Gokarna. It's got good reviews on tripadvisor. It's located on the highway - a big plus!

For return, booked with Naveen RNS Residency in Murudeshwar.

Problem solved!

Thanks @ampere and @meetbadri!

Onward, I'm thinking of taking Hubli-Yellapura-Gokarna and return Murudeshwar-Sagar-Shimoga. Does that sound good?

Last edited by luvurride : 9th September 2014 at 23:20.
Old 10th September 2014, 00:46   #2685

On Sep 6, I did Panaji - Velha (Old) Goa - Banastarim - Amona Bridge - Sanquelim - Chorla Ghat - Jamboti (all in excellent shape despite pouring rain) on my way back to Bangalore.

Then thought I would do Jamboti - Khanapur - Nandgad - Bidi - Kittur - but got put off by the terrible first stretch of Jamboti - Khanapur and before committing too far retraced north to Belgaum and got on NH 4 south to Dharwad and on the Bangalore.

Negotiating Belgaum and city traffic was terrible though - esp from VTU to to the railway gate. Is there an alternate route to switch from the Jamboti Belgaum road (54) to NH4?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks