Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2008, 11:49   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
The only stretch you will have issue is the Varthur market. Its just 100meters. But can get worst if any traffic jam. Apart from this, there is not issue on these roads. But still 1 hour is little tough to make, but possible. Keep a buffer of 20-30min
During pondi trip, I did MyHome (CV Raman Nagar) to Attibele in one hour without pushing the car via ORR - Bellandur - Sarjapur - Attibele.
same time for return journey as well.

Abhi
Old 16th December 2008, 11:34   #62
BHPian

Latest update - Bangalore - Trichy - Bangalore

Hi all,

I have just completed another trip Trichy. And this time with my all new i10 which is barely 15 days old.

Route taken:
Bangalore - Hosur - Dharmapuri - Salem - Namakkal - Musiri - Kulithalai - Trichy.

The biggest relief is that now the Krishnagiri - Salem four laning is 99% completed and we dont need to enter Kaveripattinam and Dharmapuri. A2B is also opening near Dharmapuri for those in need of a quick bite and quality petrol.

Bangalore - Hosur: As usal - One need to careful about the heavy construction work going on till Attebelle.

Hosur - Krishnagiri: Beware of the construction work which is going on the Hosur flyover. You get only 50% of the roads and mostly blocked by the slow lorries. And till Krisnagiri no more issues. You can opt for a good food and good petrol at A2B.

Krishnagiri - Salem: Where those small traffic towns - Kaveripattinam and Dharmapuri gone? The road is now ready and a breeze to drive on. I just took 1 hour and few minutes to reach Salem that too constantly maintaining a speed of 80-90 km per hour (My new i10 is still under running-in). However there are one or two stretches where the roads are not ready and we need to share the road with the oncoming traffic. So few months away from a full complete road. Toll booths are getting ready just after Dharmapuri, so we need to be prepared to pay. Also A2B is also getting ready.

Salem - Namakkal: Much better now, with the Mallur byepass opened and four lane roads are 60-70% ready. Another sigh of relief here. It took 45 minutes to complete this 50-55 km stretch which usuall takes minimum 1.15 - 1.30 hours for me.

Namakkal - Kulithalai: As usual, but recent rains opened some potholes, sand ladden lorries and bullock carts blocking the way and one need to careful about the stretch after the Thottiyam town. Some bridges are very narrow here. Just one vehicle can cross at a time. Please be careful.

Kulithalai - Trichy: Same old bumpy road with potholes all the way. You need to zigzag to avoid the potholes, but careful with the blind curves, oncoming traffice, stone ladden lorries.

Technical data:
Car: Hyundai i10 Kappa Sportz 1.2
Fuel effciency: 15-16 kmpl with 90% AC on.
Onward: 7.5 hours including three stopovers.
Return: 6.5 hours including two stopovers.

Recommended fuel stations:
TVS bunk near Trichy Airport junction
BP petrol bunk - A2B Restaurant, Krishnagiri

Last edited by subbusos : 16th December 2008 at 11:36. Reason: Added the fuel station references.
Old 16th December 2008, 15:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

Excellent update. Important info on the A2B coming up and the Salem Namakkal stretch being motorable to a large extent.
Old 16th December 2008, 16:05   #64
BHPian

@subbu: thanks much mate. I will travelling by the end of next week, good to know that salem-namakkal stretch is better. Was planning to avoid it, now i dont have to!

Anybody has any idea if the A2B on the Hosur-Krishnagiri stretch is 24hours? It was closed on Saturday morning @ 5:00am.
Old 16th December 2008, 16:06   #65
BHPian

Isn't Namakkal- thotiyam-musiri- trichy better route than via kulithalai?
Old 16th December 2008, 16:14   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
@subbu: thanks much mate. I will travelling by the end of next week, good to know that salem-namakkal stretch is better. Was planning to avoid it, now i dont have to!

Anybody has any idea if the A2B on the Hosur-Krishnagiri stretch is 24hours? It was closed on Saturday morning @ 5:00am.
No problem... I was just surprised by the current condition of that stretch. Infact my 8 months old boy was sleeping without any disturbances on this stretch as the stretch was much better now with occasional diversions.

I am not sure about the A2B timings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Isn't Namakkal- thotiyam-musiri- trichy better route than via kulithalai?
No it is not, since Musiri - Kulithalai - Trichy route will take you directly into the Trichy city, where as Musiri - Trichy route will make you to join the Chennai - Trichy highway and then the Trichy byepass where the construction work is going on. Hence you would face busy traffic, bad roads etc. To be precise Musiri - Kulithalai - Trichy will take you to the Chathiram bus stand. You can take right just before Hotel Mayas toward Thillai nagar if you want to goto Woraiyur, Thillainagar or the Junction Bus Stand.

It is better to take this road to reach even Tanjore, Pudukottai etc to join the byepass through the Oyamari road after crossing the Chathiram bus stand. You could skip some traffic and construction work enroute.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 16th December 2008 at 19:25. Reason: see note in post
Old 16th December 2008, 16:24   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
No it is not, since Musiri - Kulithalai - Trichy route will take you directly into the Trichy city, where as Musiri - Trichy route will make you to join the Chennai - Trichy highway and then the Trichy byepass where the construction work is going on. Hence you would face busy traffic, bad roads etc. To be precise Musiri - Kulithalai - Trichy will take you to the Chathiram bus stand. You can take right just before Hotel Mayas toward Thillai nagar if you want to goto Woraiyur, Thillainagar or the Junction Bus Stand.

It is better to take this road to reach even Tanjore, Pudukottai etc to join the byepass through the Oyamari road after crossing the Chathiram bus stand. You could skip some traffic and construction work enroute.

Agreed, when you enter trichy tollgate from musiri side i would suggest you take the coleroon bridge instead of bye pass(Cars and LCV's are allowed,only HCV banned) and then after the overbridge and cauvery bridge you hit chathiram bus stand.
Would personally prefer and used this route often than kulithalai route due to the road conditions as you rightly mentioned.
Old 16th December 2008, 16:29   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed, when you enter trichy tollgate from musiri side i would suggest you take the coleroon bridge instead of bye pass(Cars and LCV's are allowed,only HCV banned) and then after the overbridge and cauvery bridge you hit chathiram bus stand.
Would personally prefer and used this route often than kulithalai route due to the road conditions as you rightly mentioned.
Oh... cool. I would love that. Please elaborate the directions from the tollgate junction - it would be really helpful.
Old 16th December 2008, 19:11   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I was just surprised by the current condition of that stretch. Infact my 8 months old boy was sleeping without any disturbances on this stretch as the stretch was much better now with occasional diversions...
Same thing here when I travelled during diwali time. Was completely surprised on the state of the road and the speed and distance I was able to cover!

Never got into Caverypatanam or Dhamapuri! Alway enjoyed the ride till Krishnagiri, but now enjoyed it till Salem!
Old 17th December 2008, 09:55   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Oh... cool. I would love that. Please elaborate the directions from the tollgate junction - it would be really helpful.
Hi, from chatiram bus stand side enter cauvery bridge,exit you have a signal(mambazha salai) keep going straight,overbridge and then you enter tiruvanaikovil ,keep going straight and you will find buses turning right at a fork to hit the by pass,move straight and you will enter coleroon bridge and exit you will find the tollgate x cross roads and you move left from there to musiri(stright- to chennai, right to lalgudi ).
Old 17th December 2008, 10:05   #71
Senior - BHPian

For those who are going to Trichy, please note that the Cauvery bridge on the NH45 is closed until Dec. 31 to facilitate the 4 laning. Most traffic now plying via Tiruvanaikovil, Amma Mandapam road.
Old 17th December 2008, 10:29   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, from chatiram bus stand side enter cauvery bridge,exit you have a signal(mambazha salai) keep going straight,overbridge and then you enter tiruvanaikovil ,keep going straight and you will find buses turning right at a fork to hit the by pass,move straight and you will enter coleroon bridge and exit you will find the tollgate x cross roads and you move left from there to musiri(stright- to chennai, right to lalgudi ).
Hmm... Thats the same route even I was referring to. I thought there is some other route from tollgate to go to Chaithiram bus stand. This route will make you to join the byepass and Kulithalai route will allow you to skip the byepass and the heavy construction work going on that route. So Kulithalai route would be best to take on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
For those who are going to Trichy, please note that the Cauvery bridge on the NH45 is closed until Dec. 31 to facilitate the 4 laning. Most traffic now plying via Tiruvanaikovil, Amma Mandapam road.
More reasons to choose Kulithalai - Trichy road.
Old 8th March 2009, 12:47   #73
BHPian

Latest information

Folks,

There is already fantastic information on the Bangalore to Trichy route. But just wanted to know if someone has travelled in the last few weeks. I am planning to travel in the last week of March.

Any information that will help me plan better will be really appreciated.

Thanks

Sateesh
Old 8th March 2009, 23:56   #74
BHPian

My sis-in-law family recently traveled in this route and i traveled with them till Namakkal.

* Bangalore-Thoppur 4 lane work is 100% complete.
* You have to pay a toll of Rs.48 near Thoppur (For Krishnagiri to Thoppur)
* A2B near Thoppur is open and it is on the right side when you travel from Bangalore to Salem.
* Thoppur - Salem 4 lane work is still in progress. Around 70% is complete. Watch out for two wheeler traffic coming against you on your lane.
* Heavy work is happening in Salem-Namakkal route.
* Seems Namakkal - Trichy route is Okay

Have a safe trip.
Old 9th March 2009, 02:19   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
Though late, but may be useful for some.

It is open from morning 6:00 am to night 1:00 am.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks