Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2015, 22:12   #316
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
Can someone tell me how is this route, especially between Tirupattur - Singarapettai - Tiruvannamalai? This is almost 80kms shorter than the polur - pallikonda route.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Kr...7!2d12.2252841
The stretch between Singarapettai- T V Malai is pretty bad. Instead I would suggest you to go Via Kambainallur,Morappur and harur to T V Malai.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2015, 13:33   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
this involves travelling on NH66 ; which is the original problem that brought in alternatives like pallikonda route / karimangalam route. The blue line in your map avoids ony 50% of the "rogue NH66 b/w krishnagiri and tvmalai"
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
The stretch between Singarapettai- T V Malai is pretty bad. Instead I would suggest you to go Via Kambainallur,Morappur and harur to T V Malai.
Thanks both! I did take Kariamangalam - Harur - Thiruvannamalai and it's a fantastic route. I was able to do this stretch in 4.5 hrs. Almost 95% of the stretch is in fantastic shape. You can maintain 60 to 80kmph in most of the stretches though the road is single carriage way & curvy. There are few bridge construction going on - where you see a bad stretch for about 100 to 200 meters - otherwise - it was a bliss compared to Vellore or the regular Utthagarai route.
Old 5th September 2015, 14:39   #318
BHPian

My god what a bad drive we had this morning from Bangalore to TV malai.

Till Krishnagiri everything was fine as usual and right from krishnagiri till TV malai passing through Mathur, Uthangarai, the routes are very badly out of shape. Really not manageable at all.

I really do not want to return in the same route. I prefer to hit Vellore and then take the Nh to reach krishnagiri.

Is this the best route or anything else is recommended?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5th September 2015, 15:51   #319
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
You should not have taken that route at all.

Quote:
The best option is: Krishnagiri-Karimangalam (22 km from Krishnagiri on NH7)-Morappur-Harur-TV Malai.

For a night drive better is to come to Vellore. You will do quite some extra distance for this one.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2015, 12:37   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post

Till Krishnagiri everything was fine as usual and right from krishnagiri till TV malai passing through Mathur, Uthangarai, the routes are very badly out of shape. Really not manageable at all.

I really do not want to return in the same route. I prefer to hit Vellore and then take the Nh to reach krishnagiri.

Thanks in advance.
I believe the road condition of krishnagiri-tiruvannamalai is good in patches while the remaining stretch is in tatters.
For people driving from Bangalore the preferred route will be via Krishnagiri, kambainallur, Morappur, Harur, Teerthamalai and Thanipadi.
In case you are driving in the evening/night, preferably go via Vellore and Polur to Tiruvannamalai.

In the former route after reaching Harur do not ask the locals how to go to T V Malai. They will direct you to go via SH 18 till you reach singarapettai on the dreaded NH66. Instead ask the locals how to go to Teerthamalai.
Old 10th September 2015, 09:04   #321
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I need some info. Are there any good hotels to break for lunch between karimangalam and kaveripattinam on the NH as shown below??
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-nearby-hotels.png
Old 10th September 2015, 09:28   #322
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I need some info. Are there any good hotels to break for lunch between karimangalam and kaveripattinam on the NH as shown below??
After you cross Krishnagiri, apart from that Saravana Bhavan, you dont have anything as per what I remember. Thats the only place.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 09:32   #323
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
After you cross Krishnagiri, apart from that Saravana Bhavan, you dont have anything as per what I remember. Thats the only place.
The Saravana Bhavan is on the Kaveripattinam bypass opposite the lake.
Few Km ahead of this Saravana Bhavan on the left there is a Aaryaas also. This may be a good option if you're taking the Karimangalam route, since the turn off is after this. Or if you're going towards Dharmapuri/Salem from Bangalore.

Last edited by NPV : 10th September 2015 at 09:34.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2015, 11:12   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The Saravana Bhavan is on the Kaveripattinam bypass opposite the lake.
Few Km ahead of this Saravana Bhavan on the left there is a Aaryaas also. This may be a good option if you're taking the Karimangalam route, since the turn off is after this. Or if you're going towards Dharmapuri/Salem from Bangalore.
Hope these are the hotels we are talking about

Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-nearby-hotels.png
Old 10th September 2015, 11:44   #325
BHPian

Planning to take this route for TVMalai : Bangalore - Ambur - Pallikonda - Kaniyambadi - Polur - TVMalai.

Please guide me to know the road condition of Pallikonda - Kaniyambadi.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 10th September 2015 at 11:51.
Old 10th September 2015, 12:53   #326
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hope these are the hotels we are talking about
Yes, quite sure since driving time between these was about 10-15 minutes at most during my drives. I've tried the Saravana Bhavan and found it to be good but haven't stopped at Aaryaas.
The Aaryaas is quite easy to miss, do keep a look out when nearing it. They have a lot of frontage for parking, the building is at the back of the campus.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 20:12   #327
Senior - BHPian

VISIT TO ADHI THIRUVARANGAM AND ULAGALANDHA PERUMAL TEMPLES

Folks
I had been to Adi Thiruvarangam and Ulagalandha Perumal temples near Manalurpet and Tirukkoilur respectively on sept 12 along with my wife and 2 kids.

ONWARD JOURNEY
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-route-1.jpg
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-route-2.jpg

RETURN JOURNEY
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-route-3.jpg

In this process I also experimented an alternate route enrourte. Since Adhi Thiruvarangam temple does not close for lunch, we decided to leave Bangalore by 10:30 AM so that by evening we can cover both these temples. We planned to break for lunch at Hotel Aryaas near Karimangalam. I lost about 30 min crossing Bangalore.
I went via Attibele, Hosur bypass, Rayakottai, Vellichandai, Karimangalam to reach the hotel only to find out that the hotel has been closed as it has been taken over by another person. So I had no choice but to proceed further on the NH towards Krishnagiri till I reached Hotel Saravana Bhavan. The lunch break was another 30 min.
The Attibele-TVS road is broken at many places making it a sort of jarry drive. Once you enter TN, it is a different story altogether. The Hosur Rayakottai road is by and large good with some sections being relaid newly. The Rayakottai Vellichandai road is even better than the former. But the biggest surprise was the Karimangalam road. Beautiful road to drive and I was able to drive at 80-85 kmph speed on a consistent basis.

TVS FACTORY ROAD
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-tvs-factory-road.gif

HOSUR BYPASS ROAD
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-hosur-bypass-road.gif

HOSUR RAYAKOTTAI ROAD
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-hosur-rayakottai-road-1.gif
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-hosur-rayakottai-road-2.gif

RAYAKOTTAI VELLICHANDAI ROAD
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-rayakottai-vellichandai-road-1.gif
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-rayakottai-vellichandai-road-2.gif

KARIMANGALAM ROAD
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-karimangalam-road-1.gif
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-karimangalam-road-2.gif

After lunch I went back to the Karimangalam junction and took a left turn towards Kambainallur. The road from Kambainallur to Harur is once again a treat to drive. After reaching the rountana in Harur, I inquired form the locals how to go to Theerthamalai. One of the persons there asked to proceed further on SH18 till I find the Harur bus stand on my left. He then asked me to take the immediate left after the bus stand. This road is a pretty narrow one but sufficient enough for a car to pass. This road meets the Harur-Theerthamalai road.

KAMBAINALLUR ROAD
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-karimangalam-kambainallur-road.gif

KAMBAINALLUR MORAPPUR ROAD
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-kambainallur-morappur-road.gif

MORAPPUR HARUR ROAD
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-morappur-harur-road.gif

HARUR THEERTHAMALAI ROAD
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-harur-theerthamalai-road.gif

THEERTHAMALAI THANIPADI ROAD
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-theerthamalai-thanipadi-road-1.gif
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-theerthamalai-thanipadi-road-2.gif

Since my destination was Adhi Thiruvarangam temple, I did not wish to go till T V Malai. So before Thanipadi I reached a place called Chinniyampettai. Little bit further we have a junction where one road goes straight and the other left to Thanipadi. I chose the straight road that meets the T V Malai-Kallakurichi SH via Perungolathur.
Now I must say that this road was a pleasant surprise to me. Newly tarred and I was able to easily touch 80 kmph speed on a consistent basis. We also have a petrol bunk on this road. As mentioned above, the perungolathur road meets the T V Malai-Kallakurichi SH. From here I proceeded further towards Adi Thiruvarangam based on the directions given by a school van driver.

More to follow.....

Last edited by suresh_gs : 13th September 2015 at 20:36.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 22:24   #328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Folks
I had been to Adi Thiruvarangam and Ulagalandha Perumal temples near Manalurpet and Tirukkoilur respectively on sept 12 along with my wife and 2 kids.

More to follow.....
Great to know Suresh. I always keep thanking you for introducing amazing Adhi Thiruvarangam temple to me and nowadays whenever i think of SriRangam, immediately Adhi Thiruvarangam also comes to my mind and then you

If they make Attibelle-TVS section also good , then it is almost 100% good roads throughout

You stayed at Thirukovilur for the night or returned back in the same route after dark? How many hours it took E2E?

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 13th September 2015 at 22:25.
Old 14th September 2015, 06:53   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Great to know Suresh. I always keep thanking you for introducing amazing Adhi Thiruvarangam temple to me and nowadays whenever i think of SriRangam, immediately Adhi Thiruvarangam also comes to my mind and then you

If they make Attibelle-TVS section also good , then it is almost 100% good roads throughout

You stayed at Thirukovilur for the night or returned back in the same route after dark? How many hours it took E2E?

-Ravi
Thanks Ravi. No i did not stay in Tirukkoilur. I came back to bangalore by 1 AM after leaving Tirukkoilur by 8 PM.
I had plans of visiting a Narasimhar temple near Tirukkoilur. The place is called Anthili.
But by the time I reached Anthili, the temple was closed. Moreover it is a desolate place.
Yes the Attibele TVS section needs improvement. Also I was under the impression that we can break for lunch at Hotel Aryaas
Since it was closed I had no other option but to go all the way till Sree saravana Bhavan.
Wish there were other hotels between Krishnagiri and Karimangalam.

PERUNGOLATHUR ROAD VIA BONDAI
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-perungolathur_road_1.gif
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-perungolathur_road_2.gif

The perungolathur road meets the T V Malai-Kallakurichi SH. From here I proceeded further towards Adi Thiruvarangam based on the directions given by a school van driver.
The Adhi Tiruvarangam road is a typical village road with broken tarmac at many places. Also the road is very narrow. I was not sure if this was the correct road to the temple but I had no other choice as it was getting late.
Finally managed to reach the temple by 5 30 PM. The temple idol of Ranganatha is much bigger and older compared to Srirangam. Hence the name Adhi Thiruvarangam.

Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-20150912_180449.gif

After completing darshan of the lord, I went via Manalurpet to Tirukkoilur where the next temple to be visited was Ulagalandha Perumal temple. The Manalurpet road to Tirukkoilur is also a well maintained road.

MANLURPET TIRUKKOILUR ROAD
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-manalurpet_tirukkoilur_road_1.gif
Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-manalurpet_tirukkoilur_road_2.gif

By the time we finished darshan of the lord in Tirukkoilur it was nearly 8 PM. For the return trip I decided to go via Manalurpet, T V Malai GH, Thanipadi, Theerthamalai, Harur, Morappur, Kambainallur and the NH via Krishnagiri o reach home.
During my night drive, I did find trucks, 2 wheelers and vans plying on the above said route. At some places it was desolate.
I drove non stop back to Bangalore and reached home by 1 AM.
Overall it was an enjoyable trip and the fact that one more route has been identified that can direct us to Kumbakonam and down south. In Tirukkoilur I saw a sign board mentioning Sankarapuram is 36 kms.
So i guess while driving from Bangalore, one can take a diversion towards Perungolathur and proceed towards Sankarapuram by pass to a place called Athiyur and then head to Tirukkoilur.

For the return trip, I noticed that from T V Malai GH onwards till Naripalli, the roads are good by and large. Infact some section have been newly tarred. I was able to drive at around 80 kmph for most part of the journey. Between Thanipadi and Harur, bridge construction is going on at 2 places.

On the whole SH's of TN rock!!!!!

Last edited by ampere : 14th September 2015 at 07:43. Reason: Merged Posts and Formatted
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 07:41   #330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So i guess while driving from Bangalore, one can take a diversion towards Perungolathur and proceed towards Sankarapuram by pass to a place called Athiyur and then head to Tirukkoilur.
This is exactly what I had suggested few months back. Harur-Theerthamalai-Sankarapuram-Kallakurichi

I think (if I am not wrong), locals call the deviation from Harur-TV Malai road as the Bondai road. If you ask for Bondai, that would take you to the TV Malai-Kallakurichi-road.

And yes great to know about the temple. Instead of driving back, I would prefer to spend the day (and night) at Thiruvannamalai. So looks like there are quite many good temples around. Last time I went, I visited Mylam along TV Malai and Sathanur. Will add Thiruvaranagaram for the next visit. There is a temple at Theerthamalai also. Need to find more on that.

Great update on the roads as well. I have no doubts on Karimangalam-Harur-TV Malai stretch. But always had a doubt on the Bondai option to Sakarapuram. Your update clears it up.

Also it would be good, when ever you take this option, find a good break point at Sankarapuram/Kallakurichi. Because, for sure, when one takes this option, he would bypass Ulundurpet totally to head to Veppur and there on to Vridhachalam. So from that point of a good hotel at Sankarapuram or Kallakurichi would be very helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks