Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2016, 07:04   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
Suresh - are you suggesting I take the straight route to TMalai via Chengam? That will save an hour. If the roads are good, I would love to take this route.
If not, I will take the Vellore route.
Infact I would suggest you to take the bargur, Tirupattur, Singarapettai, Chengam route to T V Malai. My office colleague even suggested that instead of going via Tirupattur, the regular route via Mathur is also good though not as good as the Chengam-Singarapettai stretch.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2016, 12:35   #347
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Google says both the routes take the same time. I will take the Vellore route on the way up and come back via Polur.
I hope you meant Vellore-Polur route on onward journey and return by Theerthamalai-Harur route.

After your posts, I see Suresh has suggested other routes so I'm not sure which one(s) you're finally taking.

Anyways, do keep us posted on your experience & road conditions.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 07:43   #348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
In the last week of May 2016, I drove from Chetpet to Bangalore via Polur, Chengam, Singarapettai, Tirupattur and Bargur. Very good roads all the way. Infact after Chengam, work is in progress for widening the roads. No issues however.
How is the condition of Chengam-Tiruvannamalai? Is thats good, then I think the Bargur-Thirupattur-Singarapettai option works much better. Are you saying work still in progress, but manageable ?
Old 29th August 2016, 08:03   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How is the condition of Chengam-Tiruvannamalai? Is thats good, then I think the Bargur-Thirupattur-Singarapettai option works much better. Are you saying work still in progress, but manageable ?
I did not travel on the Chengam- T V Malai stretch but my office colleague whose home town is Puducherry said that there are no issues travelling on the Chengam- T V Malai route. He said unlike the Chengam-Singarapettai route where the roads have been widened, the condition of the Singarapettai-Mathur-Krishnagiri roads is not to that extent of the former but still it is motorable.
I would still prefer the Singarapettai-Tirupattur-Bargur route as against the Mathur route as the roads in the former are great to drive.
Old 29th August 2016, 08:37   #350
BHPian

Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Came back to Bangalore. We took the kgiri > mathur > singaraipettai > chengam > T Malai route on the way up. NPV was right, avoid like a plague, avoid with a barge pole. Kgiri - mathur - s pettai road is bad. Big patches of bad roads and some maintenance work on the road will slow you down.
On hindsight, we should have tried alternate routes that NPV and Suresh suggested - but was destined to write this review by experiencing it myself

On the way back, we took TMalai - Polur - Vellore - Bangalore route as we wanted to visit Vellore temple. TMalai to Vellore is 80 km and we covered in less than 2 hours. Roads are excellent with minimal traffic.

Last edited by chakri400 : 29th August 2016 at 08:40.
chakri400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 08:44   #351
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I did not travel on the Chengam- T V Malai stretch but my office colleague whose home town is Puducherry said that there are no issues travelling on the Chengam- T V Malai route.
Looks like still not there.

Quote:
Came back to Bangalore. We took the kgiri > mathur > singaraipettai > chengam > T Malai route on the way up. NPV was right, avoid like a plague, avoid with a barge pole. Kgiri - mathur - s pettai road is bad. Big patches of bad roads and some maintenance work on the road will slow you down.
How was Chengam-Tiruvannamalai? If you had gone via Bargur-Thirupattur-Singarapettai, would have solved the problem? I think Vellore is a big big roundabout just for good roads. One should I think still stick to Karimangalam-Morappur-Harur. Its about a 40km extra compared to Vellore which is near 100km more.

Last edited by ampere : 29th August 2016 at 08:47.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 08:59   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Came back to Bangalore. We took the kgiri > mathur > singaraipettai > chengam > T Malai route on the way up. NPV was right, avoid like a plague, avoid with a barge pole.
You could have tried this route Via Hosur, Krishnagiri, Bargur, Tirupattur, Singarapettai, Chengam to T V Malai. Singarapettai-Chengam route is good to drive.

Last edited by ampere : 15th October 2016 at 09:17. Reason: Formatted quoted post
Old 1st September 2016, 06:30   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Looks like still not there.
Quote:
You could have tried this route Via Hosur, Krishnagiri, Bargur, Tirupattur, Singarapettai, Chengam to T V Malai. Singarapettai-Chengam route is good to drive.
Chengam-Tiruvannamalai is good. Yes, Vellore is a big roundabout if you are just looking at to and fro from TMalai. We wanted to visit Vellore temple as time permitted. Bargur-Thirupattur-Singarapettai route would be a better bet.

Last edited by ampere : 15th October 2016 at 09:17. Reason: Formatted quoted post
Old 14th October 2016, 15:22   #354
BHPian

Please advise route to Thiruvannamalai from Krishnagiri, both routes differ by 40 kms.

Option 1 or 2 ?
  1. Krishnagiri>Bargur>Tirupattur>Singarapettai>Tiruva nnamalai
  2. Krishnagiri>Kambainallur>Morappur>Harur>Theerthama lai>Thanipadi>Tiruvannamalai
Old 14th October 2016, 15:52   #355
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Please advise route to Thiruvannamalai from Krishnagiri, both routes differ by 40 kms.

Option 1 or 2 ?
  2. Krishnagiri>Kambainallur>Morappur>Harur>Theerthama lai>Thanipadi>Tiruvannamalai
I would have suggested only Option 2 based on my earlier experience but looking at recent posts by @suresh_gs and @chakri400 I think Option 1 is fine too.
The much longer option 3 would be via Vellore-Polur.
Old 14th October 2016, 16:05   #356
J.Ravi

Quote:
Krishnagiri>Kambainallur>Morappur>Harur>Theerthama lai>Thanipadi>Tiruvannamalai
On 4 Sep 2016, I drove on the beautiful single/double/4/6-laned village roads/MDR/SH and NH Tirukkoyilur>Manalurpet>Mungilthuraipattu>Theertha malai>Harur>Morappur>Karimangalam>Krishnagiri>Bang alore. Of course, I did not visit Tiruvannamalai. I drove via Thanipadi bypass.

Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries-tirukkyoyilurbangalore.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 14th October 2016 at 16:10.
  (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 06:57   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Option 1 or 2 ?
I would suggest you to choose either of the options. The stretch from Krishnagiri to Singarapettai is a very good 2 lane road. Also the road from Singarapettai to Chengam is also a good one. I drove on this stretch in the last week of May 2016. Saw road widening work going on at some stretches. Otherwise the tarmac was very good to drive.
Old 28th October 2016, 14:42   #358
BHPian

Is the Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Chengam - Thiruvannamalai route good enough for a Civic? Sometime back I was advised to go through the Morappur route. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 28th October 2016, 18:42   #359
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Is the Bangalore - Krishnagiri - Chengam - Thiruvannamalai route good enough for a Civic? Sometime back I was advised to go through the Morappur route. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Via Chengam on the old Krishnagiri-Tiruvannamalai NH 66 route ?

Some variants of the that can be considered but not the direct route, don't even think about it!

See recent posts by @Chakri400 for reference.

Main viable options are via Morappur and other via Vellore, and as per @Suresh_GS, the Tirupattur route too.
Old 28th October 2016, 19:06   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
I would suggest going via Krishnagiri, bargur, Tirupattur, Singarapettai, Chenagam to T V Malai. I had been on the Krishnagiri-Chengam stretch in the last week of May 2016. Good roads all the way even though we have road widening going on in Singarapettai. it should have been done by now. Hope so

Else go via Krishnagiri, Kambainallur, Morappur, Harur, Thanipadi to T V Malai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks