Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2022, 13:25   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dushyanth View Post
3. Hubli-Belagavi-Kolhapur-Satara-Pune-Chakan-Shirdi
This would be the onward route. You'll branch off at Sangamner. Roads will be a mixed bag till Shirdi airport, after that it is very good.

Sai International, Yelur to Shirdi took 7 hours. Hubli-Yelur would taken ~ 3 hours. Start about 10-11 am-ish you should cross Kolhapur-Pune-Chakan in afternoon times. You'll reach Shirdi about 7-8 pm types

Quote:
Shirdi-Bengaluru
Shirdi-Kopargaon-Vaijapur-Gangapur-Aurangabad bypass-Beed-Solapur-Bijapur-Chitradurga-Bangalore

Quote:
Also would like to know about any restrictions entering Maharashtra
None

Quote:
Darshan options
Visit the site. I haven't had success with aarti, but darshan was. Online booking was open for 7 days since the temple reopened after Delta variant.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 18:42   #407

Planning a drive down to Shirdi/Aurangabad from Bangalore. Based on the previous messages the ideal route seems to be Bangalore => Vijayapura => Solapur => Aurangabad.

Does this route have 4 lane roads with dividers all through? Or are there undivided stretches in-between? Any updates on the road conditions would be great.
Old 15th September 2022, 20:48   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikva View Post
Does this route have 4 lane roads with dividers all through?
Till Aurangabad yes. Not sure about Aurangabad bypass. Aurangabad-Gangapur is 4-laned. Gangapur-Vaijapur-Kopargaon is 2-laned. Kopargaon-Shirdi is 4-laned again. Aurangabad-Gangapur and Kopargaon-Shirdi are just OK.

You need to watch for big speed breakers on the NH after Hospet till Almatti dam. Road is otherwise in brilliant shape.

Please plan for food on Chitradurga-Solapur stretch. Very less options like Nandagokula or Anand Vihar or you inside Hospet, Bijapur towns.

Last edited by narayans80 : 15th September 2022 at 20:54.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 14:53   #409
BHPian

I did Bangalore-Shidi in the first week of this month. Here is a quick snapshot.

Took the route for the onwards journey: Bangalore - Chitradurga - Bijapur - Solapur - Themburni - Kurkumbh - Ahmadnagar - Shirdi.

Started at 4am from Bangalore. Stopped after Chitradurga for breakfast.
Then stopped at Bijapur for Gol Gumbaz and had lunch.
Night halt at Solapur - Lotus hotel. It is a good hotel and has a secure parking. Definitely recommended.
Started at 9am for Shirdi from Solapur - I was about to take the Aurangabad route. Stopped for tea enroute where I started chatting with a policeman. He insisted that I take the Themburni-Nagar route as it is the most widely used road and he took the route just last month to visit Shirdi.
I made a mistake - Roads from Kurkumbh until Shirdi are very bad and tested my patience. Did not cross 30kmph on this stretch. Combined with rain it took almost 10 hours to reach Shirdi.

Stayed at hotel G Square in Shirdi. Excellent location - right opposite gate 1. I had VIP passes.

For the return journey I took the Shirdi-Kopargam-Aurangabad-Beed-Osmanabad-Solapur route. Single road - in good condition apart from some bad patches until Zalta Phata. After that 4 lane roads. Reached Solapur in 6 hours. Had stopped at Kanhaiya Lawns/restaurant in Beed for lunch. Excellent food. Definitely recommended.
Stayed at Balaji Sarovar Premiere at Solapur for the night. Excellent hotel and excellent hospitality.

Started next day for Bangalore. Bijapur-Chitradurga route. Reached home in 11hrs. Includes breaks as well. This was the time when rains were flooding Bangalore. I had paused at Tumkur to assess the situation. Since, it was almost 9pm I thought that if roads are flooded I will take the night halt at Tumkur itself. But after calling some friends and relatives I planned to go forward. Reached home by 12am.
sidzz is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 10:25   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Roads from Kurkumbh until Shirdi are very bad and tested my patience.
Is this Kurkumbh-Daund-Nagar or Tembhurni-Karmala-Nagar?
Old 27th September 2022, 13:26   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Is this Kurkumbh-Daund-Nagar or Tembhurni-Karmala-Nagar?
Themburni-Kurkumbh-Daund-Nagar
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 22:05   #412
BHPian

Hi BHP-ians, is it doable to drive from Bangalore to Shiridi in one stretch? I am planning to start at 4 AM and hoping to reach by 10 PM. Google map says 18 hours and 1041 Kms. Suggestions appreciated.
Old 4th November 2022, 22:38   #413
Senior - BHPian

It is risky to drive for 18 hours in one stretch, split your driving into like Bangalore to Bijapur and then Bijapur to Shirdi with an overnight break. The route via Ahmednagar is better avoided, plan for evening darshan at Shirdi.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2022, 23:16   #414

Roads after themburni to Ahmednagar are bad and are at the last leg of journey. So better to avoid it during night.

Few options if I may suggest:

1. Take a half at solapur and then reach Shirdi with early morning start. Solapur has couple of decent stay options

2. Go straight to Aurangabad via bijapur-solapur-Beed route and stay there. Aurangabad also had h ood and wide variety options to stay. Bangalore - Aurangabad can be covered easily in 12-13 hours with early morning start from bangalore while maintaining safe speeds throughout the journey. Early morning start of 4 am can enable you to reach Aurangabad by 6 or 7 pm. Roads are good throughout.

3. In case, if you reach Aurangabad early then you have the option of heading Shirdi the same day. It’s about 100 kms and roads are decent.
sanket456 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2022, 08:50   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
is it doable to drive from Bangalore to Shiridi in one stretch? I am planning to start at 4 AM and hoping to reach by 10 PM.
If you are used to that sort of long hauls, yes it is doable. The Bijapur-Solapur-Aurangabad-Gangapur-Vaijapur-Kopargaon-Shirdi route does not see significant traffic like GQ.

Taking packed breakfast is a must (given your start timing, you'll make lot of ground but food options will be poor), better to take packed lunch to minimise time on road. You have decent options for lunch after Solapur.

Before Chitradurga, Solapur bypass and Bijapur-Solapur was done and there were poorer options to connect to Solapur-Aurangabad NH. It took 17 hours with 2 breaks. Current status quo, it should take 16 hours or less.

If you need a stay, look at Pushpak Park at Osmanabad (2-3 km inside), Hotel Sunset in Beed bypass. I would advise against Solapur stay. Its a messy city and hotels have poor parking.
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2022, 13:08   #416
bht
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Hi BHP-ians, is it doable to drive from Bangalore to Shiridi in one stretch? I am planning to start at 4 AM and hoping to reach by 10 PM. Google map says 18 hours and 1041 Kms. Suggestions appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
If you are used to that sort of long hauls, yes it is doable. The Bijapur-Solapur-Aurangabad-Gangapur-Vaijapur-Kopargaon-Shirdi route does not see significant traffic like GQ.

If you need a stay, look at Pushpak Park at Osmanabad (2-3 km inside), Hotel Sunset in Beed bypass. I would advise against Solapur stay. Its a messy city and hotels have poor parking.
Its easily doable if you time it right and are used to log drives. i just did Bangalore -- Saputara, ~1150 kms in ~18hrs, roads are good through out.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5429615 (Bangalore to Aurangabad (Ajanta - Ellora - Lonar - Daulatabad) : Route Queries)
bht is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 12:07   #417

Hello,

I've planned for a trip from Bengaluru to Shirdi with a stopover at Kolhapur in the last week of December.
B'lore to Kolhapur should not be a problem on NH 48 ( B'lore - Chitradurga - Belagavi - Kolhapur )

Need advise on the following 2 route options from Kolhapur to Shirdi ( Will be departing Kolhapur at around 9am)

1) Continue on NH48 (Kolhapur - Satara - Kartaj Tunnel - take right at Dange Chowk Rd - Chinchwad - Chakan - Sangamner - Shirdi)
2) Kolhapur - Satara - Lonand - Nira - Shikrapur - Pabal - Alephata - Sangamner - Shirdi)

Do not want to condider the route via Ahmednagar after reading the following article:
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/94210210.cms

Thank You
Old 9th December 2022, 18:57   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnjnth View Post
1) Continue on NH48 (Kolhapur - Satara - Kartaj Tunnel - take right at Dange Chowk Rd - Chinchwad - Chakan - Sangamner - Shirdi)
For Kolhapur-Shirdi this is the only choice. Doing Sangola-Solapur-Aurangabad is circuitous by 2 hours, even though you get great roads all through.

For Bangalore, driving via Aurangabad is the best.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 20:11   #419
RRM
BHPian

If I do Bangalore Shirdi, can i get the help with approx cost (toll, fuel, stay, entrance fee etc) assuming diesel? I have 2012 Innova and total 4 members including me

Also would be helpful to know where should I end my first day trip. I will be the lone pilot
RRM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2023, 20:23   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRM View Post
If I do Bangalore Shirdi, can i get the help with approx cost (toll, fuel, stay, entrance fee etc) assuming diesel? I have 2012 Innova and total 4 members including me

Also would be helpful to know where should I end my first day trip. I will be the lone pilot
I can help you with the information on stay and temple entry. The cost of fuel and toll is something I do not remember now from the trip last year.

Halt at Solapur on your day 1. I stayed at Lotus hotel. Definitely recommended . Balaji Sarovar hotel also recommended. You can stay at Solapur on the way back as well.

In Shirdi stay at Hotel G Square. It is right opposite gate 1. There is Haldiram's on the ground floor.

Definitely book online darshan or aarti depending on your convenience. For online bookings entry will be through gate 1.

For the route, please check my earlier post.
sidzz is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks