Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2019, 19:25   #376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Any Latest update on the Pune-Shirdi route ? I am driving to Pune tomorrow and will head out to Shirdi on sat morn. Thanks.
No big change. Follow Google Maps which will partly take your through Nagar bypass. This will avoid largely avoid Nagar traffic and a small bad section in the bypass. Takes about 3-3.5 hours from Shell Wagholi to Shirdi.
Old 23rd June 2020, 19:02   #377
BHPian

Nagar bypass positive update

Finally, the ever neglected and erstwhile horrendous Nagar bypass has been fully done up, nicely asphalted and is in excellent condition end to end in it's entire length of 25 kms.

I drove Mumbai to Wardha via Pune--Nagar--Aurangabad--Jalna--Karanja and back to Mumbai from 21st to 22nd June 2020. I would soon write up a detailed update on my drive on the Pune to Nagpur thread, but it is heartening to share this update on Nagar bypass, the first of all. It is a 2 lane undivided but absolutely smooth road that is signal free and works best for those looking at doing Pune to Shirdi and Pune to Aurangabad. No more going through Nagar now, just hit the bypass. Just hoping that it remains good post heavy rains.

Bangalore to Shirdi : Route Queries-screenshot_20200623003918__01.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2021 at 16:52. Reason: Some details. EDIT: Picture inserted in-line.
vivek95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 03:09   #378
BHPian

Any recent trips/updates on the route from Bangalore to Shirdi. Me planning to travel on Thursday. How is the Bangalore - Chitradurga - Hosapete - Sholapur - Ahmadnagar - Shirdi route?

Would you recommend the above instead of the usual Bangalore - Hubli - Pune - Nagar - Shirdi route?

I need to go beyond towards Jalgaon in Maharashtra.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2021 at 16:59. Reason: Excessive dots removed.
Old 5th October 2021, 07:16   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man23ish View Post
Any recent trips/updates on the route from Bangalore to Shirdi. Me planning to travel on Thursday. How is the Bangalore - Chitradurga - Hosapete - Sholapur - Ahmadnagar - Shirdi route?

Would you recommend the above instead of the usual Bangalore - Hubli - Pune - Nagar - Shirdi route?
Stick to the Hospete Sholapur route for Shirdi. This is perhaps the best option right now and a peaceful one at that too.
Via Pune will have 2 issues to tackle: The undone stretches of Satara to Pune and then crossing Pune itself. Also, there have been no recent updates on the route conditions on Satara Lonand Shirur stretch that you can think of taking that too.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2021 at 17:00. Reason: Quote trimmed.
paragsachania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 20:40   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Stick to the Hospete Sholapur route for Shirdi. This is perhaps the best option right now and a peaceful one at that too.
Thanks a ton Parag. I will take this route.

Note from Support: Excessive dots removed. Please DO NOT type...like... this...

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2021 at 16:53. Reason: Quote trimmed. See note.
Old 6th October 2021, 10:29   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I need to go beyond towards Jalgaon in Maharashtra.
If Shirdi is not your (final or enroute) destination and you are trying to reach Jalgaon thereabouts. Then its better to do Bangalore-Pune-Nasik-Dhule.

Going via Solapur-Aurangabad means you'll end up taking Kannad-Chalisgaon-Dhule. Am not excited to recommend it after getting stuck 1-2 hours twice in 2 years. Chalisgaon-Dhule isn't great either. I believe Verul-Kannad 4-laning should be done by now including Galibargaon and Kannad bypasses.

If you are going to Shirdi, then there are 2 choices
a. Pune-Sangamner-Shirdi
b. Pune-Nagar-Shirdi and
c. Solapur-Aurangabad-Gangapur-Vaijapur-Yeola-Shirdi.

Option C is traffic free but long. There wouldn't be any time savings, but it would be relatively peaceful.

Option A needs planning on Pune crossing. Pune-Sangamner is OK. Sangamner-Shirdi is mix of good and bad. I think I might've posted in late December or early January about it.

Option B I wouldn't touch unless Nagar-Shirdi is patched. Last December there were rim breakers between Shirdi and Rahuri. Unless you want to buy a new vehicle enroute

Going via Solapur is certainly more forgiving with start timing. Pune route would be an absolute nightmare if you miss the start timings.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2021 at 16:53. Reason: Quote edited.
narayans80 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 13:41   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
If Shirdi is not your (final or enroute) destination and you are trying to reach Jalgaon thereabouts. Then its better to do Bangalore-Pune-Nasik-Dhule.
From Shirdi to Jalgaon I'm absolutely clear.

Take this route from Shirdi *Shirdi-Kopargaon-Yeola (take right turn from Yeola to Nandgaon road) Nandgaon-Chalisgaon-Pachora-Jalgaon.

This route is so much better than Manmad route.

My brother operates a transport company in Jalgaon and his driver's have recommended the Shirdi-Kopargaon-Yeola-Nandgaon-Chalisgaon-Pachora-Jalgaon road.

With Bangalore - Pune highway, some negative feedback regarding road works between Davangere - Hubli and also between Satara - Pune peak hours in Pune traffic is making me think twice.

Besides almost 250 kms + time saved on this route as compared to the Bangalore-Hubli-Pune-Nasik-Manmad route.

Note from Support: Excessive dots removed, Quote trimmed. Please DO NOT type...like... this... Please DO NOT quote large posts entirely. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2021 at 16:55. Reason: See note.
Old 6th October 2021, 13:52   #383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My brother operates a transport company in Jalgaon and his driver's have recommended the Shirdi-Kopargaon-Yeola-Nandgaon-Chalisgaon-Pachora-Jalgaon road.
You should ask what would be the ideal time to avoid jams in Kannad ghat.

If you can optimize that, you might as well take Bijapur-Solapur-Aurangabad-Kannad-Chalisgaon than any other detour.

It makes no sense to go via Shirdi at all.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th October 2021 at 16:55. Reason: Quote edited.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 22:50   #384
BHPian

Quote:

If you can optimize that, you might as well take Bijapur-Solapur-Aurangabad-Kannad-Chalisgaon than any other detour.

Baba ka darshan kar lenge... Want to also thank him for helping me recover through Covid19... 🙏
man23ish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 11:33   #385
BHPian

Quote:

Last I heard Kannad ghat section is only open light vehicles after heavy landslide last month. So hopefully there won't be any jams due to absence of large vehicles such as trucks and containers. Last time I traveled in August, the Aurangabad to Kannad road was in extremely good condition. Don't know the current situation with after heavy rainfall in the region.
Old 7th October 2021, 12:52   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpat17 View Post
Last I heard Kannad ghat section is only open light vehicles after heavy landslide last month.
Yes am aware of the landslide. But am not sure its going to stay that way as a norm.

Quote:
Aurangabad to Kannad road was in extremely good condition.
Are you talking about Verul (Ellora) to foot of Kannad? If so, major work was already done by last November. Just a handful of sections were pending then.
narayans80 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 10:59   #387
Senior - BHPian

Hi - What route did you do for Blr-Shirdi? Any update on the route please?

Quote:

Old 5th November 2021, 14:36   #388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Hi - What route did you do for Blr-Shirdi? Any update on the route please?
The quoted gentleman didn't drive to Shirdi. He drove to Aurangabad-Ajanta I remember. Don't remember which thread.

Parag did Bangalore-Aurangabad-Yeola a week back and reported its in much better condition than January. So you can take that, if you can plan your food stops carefully.

Pune-Sangamner-Shirdi is maintaining status quo and there is no proper data on Nagar-Shirdi from October.
narayans80 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 5th November 2021, 15:39   #389
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Narayan. I am keen to try out this new route to Shirdi. Have always done the route via Pune. Hospet/Solapur route is new to me and that surely adds to additional excitement.
Old 21st November 2021, 08:32   #390
BHPian

Hi
Any reviews on the Bangalore to Shirdi route via Vijayapur and Ahmednagar? Planning to take a night halt in Vijaypur. That's the route that GMaps is suggesting as well. Would also appreciate any leads for stay in Vijayapura.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks