Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2016, 11:54   #286
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
I'm planning a trip from Bangalore to Shirdi once the monsoons start and it cools down a bit.
Road conditions are good and you should be able to do it by road from Bangalore.
Refer to this post by Parag - one of the best for directions on how to bypass Pune and get to the Nagar (Ahmednagar) Road towards Shirdi. Also read up the earlier posts on that thread in response to @graaja's queries for Coimbatore-Shirdi (Via Bangalore-Pune)
Here
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 14:43   #287
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Shirdi on June 11th & 12th.

Route was BLR-PUNE-SHIRDI, Road is fantastic all throughout no potholes, Slow down for the road humps after Ranjangoan all the will till Shirdi.
Some deviations on NH-4 after Satara towards Pune coz of 6 lane work on the highway.

Sincere and heartfelt Thanks to Paragsachania for guiding me all through the Journey with precise pointers & directions.
Crossing Pune while returning was a breeze, it hardly took 40 minutes to cross Pune on a Sunday morning, Parag provided me the exact waypoints(Dropped pins) on Google maps, this immensely helped us.

Started back by 8.20am on Sunday and reached Bangalore by 1.30 am with multiple breaks.
1 hr Lunch break at Hotel Pranjali Satara
2 hr Dinner break at SANKAMa Davangere
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 15:20   #288
Senior - BHPian

We stayed at Hotel KEYS Temple Tree in Shirdi.
Fantastic hotel, neat & clean and Good hospitality too.
They have a free pickup & drop to temple and hotel.
Food was great, particularly the morning breakfast.

@mods, please merge the back to back posts.

Last edited by sushrutha : 13th June 2016 at 15:22.
Old 28th June 2016, 20:42   #289
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune - Coimbatore : Route Queries

Parag Bhai.. we 4 friends are planning on travelling to Shirdi this weekend. Plan is to leave office on Friday around 6pm and drive until 12 in the night. we have not made any bookings, but hopefully we reach either Hubli or if we are able to push further to Belgaum. Depending on where we reach, we plan to look for accommodation and stay the night there. Next day morning, we plan to reach Shirdi. Spend a day there and return the next day with probably a day in between.

Can you please provide the complete route list (Sorry if you already have done this) with the most current road updates and any eateries that we shouldn't miss? All 4 of us Drive, so shouldn't be an issue if the number of hours that we actually drive is more.

Edit - I posted this in the wrong thread.. this had to be in Bangalore to Shirdi thread. Mods please move. SORRY!!

Last edited by dass : 28th June 2016 at 20:44. Reason: Wrong thread
Old 28th June 2016, 21:17   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Plan is to leave office on Friday around 6pm and drive until 12 in the night.
Since your are leaving office (and not Bangalore) at 6pm, Ideal halt after 6 hours can be Hubli unless you really want to push or you have been extremely lucky to clock better average to reach Belgaum.

At Hubli, you have lots of options:

Clarks Inn (usually on the higher side of the budget)

Anant Residency - VFM but located inside the city

Hotel Ayodhya - Another good option in Hubli

Quote:
if we are able to push further to Belgaum. Depending on where we reach, we plan to look for accommodation and stay the night there.
If you are able to push, these are some good choices at Belgaum:

Sankam Residency

Hotel Ramdev

Quote:
Can you please provide the complete route list (Sorry if you already have done this) with the most current road updates and any eateries that we shouldn't miss?
The route is pretty straightforward.

Bangalore-Hubli-Belgaum-Kolhapur-Satara-Pune City-Ahmadnagar-Shirdi

Route conditions are 100% favorable for the entire journey. So don't worry on the condition of roads anywhere. Satara-Pune is undergoing 6 lane work but this is nothing to bother except well marked diversions.

Your choice to reach Shirdi is via Pune only. At least that is what has made sense over the last few years of trial and error. It still take same (or lesser) time and better as opposed to any detour that you can think of to avoid Pune Traffic.

On how to Bypass Pune from NH4, this is exactly the post that you should bookmark. It has detailed instructions on bypassing Pune along with Googlemap pointers.

Bypassing Pune from Westerly bypass onto Nagar Road for Shirdi/Auragabad etc.

On highway joints that you shouldn't miss there will be plenty depending on your choice of food. Sankam at Belgaum itself serves lovely food - Non-Veg and Veg.

Further up in Maharashtra, you have a plethora of choices anyway.

This post on the Bangalore-Pune-Mumbai thread should come handy for Food and Fuel stops.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3828255

EDIT: For your return leg, I will put details of how to bypass using another option which is faster than the onward. The same was followed by Sushrutha 3 weeks before and as expected, it turned out to be faster. Give me a day's time.

Last edited by paragsachania : 28th June 2016 at 21:18.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 06:33   #291
Senior - BHPian

Dass - my two cents would be for you all to book darshan tickets online, if not done already. This helps you finish darshan in a jiff. 😊
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 12:55   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please provide the complete route list (Sorry if you already have done this) with the most current road updates and any eateries that we shouldn't miss?
Try seeking latest updates on ''Nagar bypass'' from fellow BHPians on Pune-Shirdi and Pune-Indore threads. I can't recollect but I happened to read somewhere recently that Nagar bypass is ''recommended'' now for Pune towards Shirdi/Indore ( It was recommended on and off past 2 years that way). I clearly remember reading these lines - ''The bypass saves lot of time as compared to going through Nagar city''.

On google maps, the bypass looks way shorter and straighter as compared to city route, but I never suggest anything based on google maps alone. I believe Pune BHPians should help you on this. You would be anyhow crossing Nagar between 2.30-4 pm ( considering 6 a.m start from Belgaum/Hubli respectively). Alternatively, since you have no family in tow, you guys can explore Nagar bypass and get latest updates for us all

Last edited by vivek95 : 29th June 2016 at 12:56. Reason: spacing
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2016, 13:00   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Try seeking latest updates on ''Nagar bypass'' from fellow BHPians on Pune-Shirdi and Pune-Indore threads.
And I need that too.

Last November, I turned right before Nagar City to take this bypass for Bangalore knowing that it will be a longer commute.

Then came the surprise - A Tavera kept flashing his headlights behind me but was unable to overtake due to traffic ahead and when I finally yielded, he overtakes me and parks his car ahead and come out.

Honestly, I was sure there was nothing that had happened in the last few minutes that he had to approach this way and kept my cool. Then he comes near my window and says

"Sir, Aap Bangalore jaa rahe ho na? (Sir you are headed for Bangalore right?"

And when I said yes, he said please don't take this road - Its longer and the road ahead gets bad and this is exactly when I took a U-Turn without being able to explore it further.

After this, I have heard mixed reviews about this "Nagar Bypass" and want to know the exact situation as of today as I agree that crossing Nagar can be a painful experience at times
Old 29th June 2016, 14:13   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And I need that too.

Last November, I turned right before Nagar City to take this bypass for Bangalore knowing that it will be a longer commute.

Then came the surprise - A Tavera kept flashing his headlights behind me but was unable to overtake due to traffic ahead and when I finally yielded, he overtakes me and parks his car ahead and come out.

Honestly, I was sure there was nothing that had happened in the last few minutes that he had to approach this way and kept my cool. Then he comes near my window and says

"Sir, Aap Bangalore jaa rahe ho na? (Sir you are headed for Bangalore right?"

And when I said yes, he said please don't take this road - Its longer and the road ahead gets bad and this is exactly when I took a U-Turn without being able to explore it further.

After this, I have heard mixed reviews about this "Nagar Bypass" and want to know the exact situation as of today as I agree that crossing Nagar can be a painful experience at times
Good share. Good to know he went out of the way and helped you I think by '' longer '' you / he meant the time required to cover it and not distance wise per se ?? Because it shows 15 kms for this bypass vs 20 kms of city route ( just for referrence, not to rely on gmap completely ). Last I visited Shirdi was in 2014 sep with parents. On the way back at night 7pm, was keen to try Nagar bypass, stopped just before the bypass and did a google map check. It was the first time I realised the bypass was way shorter as compared to city route and a straight one at that. However,as much initial part of the bypass road that I was able to see due to an oncoming trucker's headlight, was sort of under repairs but still pothole ridden and he was negotiating hard over potholes. I dropped the idea at that sight and went via city instead. Since then, I am keen to know its latest condition. Even if its a decently surfaced 2 lane narrow road all the way, I believe the purpose is served.

By the way, good we have an update as of 30th April 2016 from BHPian @pdma who says Nagar bypass is good but heavy truck traffic. Check this particular post-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3965473

Last edited by vivek95 : 29th June 2016 at 14:16. Reason: additional content
Old 29th June 2016, 17:23   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Try seeking latest updates on ''Nagar bypass'' from fellow BHPians on Pune-Shirdi and Pune-Indore threads.
Nagar bypass is in good condition. I took the bypass road 2 weeks back.
It's not a 4 lane, but a 2 lane highway
sushrutha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st July 2016, 14:07   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Dass - my two cents would be for you all to book darshan tickets online, if not done already. This helps you finish darshan in a jiff. 😊

Thank you, is there a dress code to be followed at Shirdi?
Old 1st July 2016, 14:12   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, is there a dress code to be followed at Shirdi?
I do not recollect any dress code. Just be in your normal (& acceptable attire).
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 11:02   #298
BHPian

All,

Am starting to shirdi this evening by road with wife and kid at 4PM, I checked online for Darshan and Accommodation but nothing seem to be available. So, is it possible for me to get darshan ?
Old 8th July 2016, 11:19   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
I checked online for Darshan and Accommodation but nothing seem to be available. So, is it possible for me to get darshan ?
Nothing to worry about online darshan tickets and accommodation availability.
You will definitely get darshan within 2 hrs max in normal que.
For accommodation, there are many hotels to check in. This is off season and you will get walk in room.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 8th July 2016 at 11:21.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 11:45   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Nothing to worry about online darshan tickets and accommodation availability.
You will definitely get darshan within 2 hrs max in normal que.
For accommodation, there are many hotels to check in. This is off season and you will get walk in room.
Thanks a lot for quick response Ashish. We are planning to start around 3PM today and hoping to reach by 5AM tomorrow morning. Will take BLR-PUN-Ahmednagar-Shirdi route as suggested by most on this thread. This is totally unplanned trip, anything I should be aware of ?

Most Viewed