Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2013, 21:45   #166
BHPian

re: Bangalore, Chennai via Chittoor : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I hope you are referring to the following route:

Route Link
Yes! In this route, the signal where you join back to Porur road(where you almost make a 'V' left) is where sometimes I've seen traffic. Otherwise this is much better than going through Poonamallee town.
Old 11th February 2013, 21:57   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Yes! In this route, the signal where you join back to Porur road(where you almost make a 'V' left) is where sometimes I've seen traffic. Otherwise this is much better than going through Poonamallee town.
Sorry I goofed up with the route. I meant I take the Ponamallee flyover and go through Ponamallee town. So what you are referring is; the route, which I showed by accident is what I actually need to take!
I have seen quite some traffic till I hit the V-left. A bigger problem is while driving back to Bangalore. Wading through V-left point to the bypass is really painful. In that case too, this route which I put should help avoid that traffic. I will try this next time!

Last edited by ampere : 11th February 2013 at 21:58.
Old 12th February 2013, 22:15   #168
Senior - BHPian

If anyone is traveling alone B'lore-Chennai-Bangalore this weekend in their car, and have a free seat, can you please let me know (or PM me) if its okay to accompany you?

Thanks
-Ravi
Old 23rd February 2013, 10:53   #169
J.Ravi

Did Chennai to Bangalore via Chittoor and Kolar on 22/23 Feb 2013. Left Chennai Royapettah home at 10:06 pm last night and reached Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 4:02 am today.

There was heavy traffic all along the route upto Poonamallee. Sand lorries ruled the roost from Mulabagilu to Bangalore showering sand on the other road-users.

Road-widening [4-laning] works have started from AP-KA border upto Mulabagilu without causing any disturbance to the traffic on the existing 2-lane NH 4.

Visit here for more details.

Old 10th March 2013, 08:18   #170
J.Ravi

Did Bangalore to Chennai via Kolar and Chittoor on 7/8 March 2013. Left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 10:35 pm on 7/3 and reached Chennai Royapettah home at 4:20 am on 8/3.

I found that two toll plazas near Hoskote and Mulabagilu were getting ready to collect toll. Sign boards indicating the name of the concessionaire, signals, lights were all there which were missing when I passed them the previous time. So, we have to be ready to part with toll at these two toll plazas soon.
  (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2013, 12:42   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Did Bangalore to Chennai via Kolar and Chittoor on 7/8 March 2013. Left Bangalore Basaveswara Nagar home at 10:35 pm on 7/3 and reached Chennai Royapettah home at 4:20 am on 8/3.

I found that two toll plazas near Hoskote and Mulabagilu were getting ready to collect toll. Sign boards indicating the name of the concessionaire, signals, lights were all there which were missing when I passed them the previous time. So, we have to be ready to part with toll at these two toll plazas soon.
Thanks J.Ravi. I was planning for a trip to madras this month end, so most likely i may have to shell out toll even in chittoor route. !!!

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2013, 20:04   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Thanks for this. The bypass works like a charm! Going through the town was a pain. Never realised the bypass existed and almost is devoid of traffic.
Old 5th June 2013, 10:11   #173
BHPian

Thank you J.Ravi.About the sand being deposited by lorries on the road; is that is a problem that cannot be sorted in the short term?Do you think the road route would be more congested by day? Most of your trips appear to have been at night.
I also enjoyed your Cara Mia Fiat Linea posts.Very well documented and presented.
Regards
Old 25th September 2013, 21:08   #174
Senior - BHPian

Planning to drive down to Chennai in a couple of days. Wondering how the road conditions are after the monsoon rains on Kolar -> Chittoor -> Chennai NH4 path ?
Anyone did it recently ?
Thanks.
Old 25th September 2013, 22:47   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Planning to drive down to Chennai in a couple of days. Wondering how the road conditions are after the monsoon rains on Kolar -> Chittoor -> Chennai NH4 path ?
Anyone did it recently ?
Thanks.
I did it last weekend and the road conditions are good throughout, except for few kms between Mulbagal to Palamaner.

However, be aware that at time there are telengana protests in AP and you may hit across road blocks which could either delay your time or you have to detour a lot to join GQ if the agitation is severe.

-Ravi
Old 25th September 2013, 22:59   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
However, be aware that at time there are telengana protests in AP and you may hit across road blocks which could either delay your time or you have to detour a lot to join GQ if the agitation is severe.

-Ravi
I did get caught at Palamner bus stand and near the karnataka border during my B'lore trip in Aug. Thanks to another car driver, managed to do some mud plugging through some villages and entered karnataka before Mulbagal. Forgot the place... some checkpost.

Hosur road is better to avoid any surprises.

Last edited by pugram : 25th September 2013 at 23:07.
Old 26th September 2013, 09:03   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I did it last weekend and the road conditions are good throughout, except for few kms between Mulbagal to Palamaner.

-Ravi
Thanks. If I start early from near Hoskote (say 5:30AM), will this reduce the chance of Telengana protest blockade in AP ?

Alternately, has anyone tried Mulbagal -> Agara -> Venkatagirikota -> Gudiyattam -> Vellore ...
Old 26th September 2013, 09:32   #178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Alternately, has anyone tried Mulbagal -> Agara -> Venkatagirikota -> Gudiyattam -> Vellore ...
People mostly have tried

Mulbagal-Palamaner-Gudiyattam-Vellore.

Last edited by ampere : 26th September 2013 at 09:34.
Old 26th September 2013, 11:39   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. If I start early from near Hoskote (say 5:30AM), will this reduce the chance of Telengana protest blockade in AP ?

I don't think starting at 5:30 from Hoskote will help. May be, if you cross AP border before 6/6:30 am, it should be okay, but it all depends on the day you travel and your luck factor not to bump into protest area, no one can predict how the protests happens each day.

If you are in hurry to reach madras, simply take GQ all throughout though its bit longer.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2013, 17:09   #180
BHPian

Quote:

I tried this a couple of weeks back. Mulbagal to V Kota the road is really bad. Infact for most part there is hardly any road. Road from Gudiyattam to V Kota is quite good except the last few kms before V. Kota. My suggestion is avoid this route.

Satish

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks