Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:06   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
On the way back, turned right at Attibele and reached Varthur and then took the Whitefield road....a BIG MISTAKE. This road is a MESS till KR Puram railway station. This road to ITPL is a SHAME.
From Attibelle, once you cross Varthur, take the left to Marthahalli and go to K.R.Puram through ORR. That would be much much better that the one you mentioned.
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:19   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
From Attibelle, once you cross Varthur, take the left to Marthahalli and go to K.R.Puram through ORR. That would be much much better that the one you mentioned.
Would it be not better to take the Sarjapur Road, instead of going via Varthur, get onto ORR at Bellandur and then onto K R Puram by taking the Marathahalli underpass. I did the Bellandur - Sarjapur stretch on Ganesh Chaturthi day and post Wipro is in great condition (not that the conditions are bad before that)
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:26   #33
BANNED

No sir, the route from Attibele via Sarjapur & Varthur is better than taking Sarjapur Road until the ORR - Sarjapur Road junction. The best route in terms of roads is what mjothi has recommended.
Old 22nd September 2008, 11:32   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Would it be not better to take the Sarjapur Road, instead of going via Varthur, get onto ORR at Bellandur and then onto K R Puram by taking the Marathahalli underpass. I did the Bellandur - Sarjapur stretch on Ganesh Chaturthi day and post Wipro is in great condition (not that the conditions are bad before that)
Bellandur? No, I will not take that route. I recently happen to pass through this and I am o much against the speed-breakers on the way.

I agree we do have some speed breakers on the way to Varthur, but those are low and much better than the one through Bellandur.

Next the traffic conditions to cross the bellundur junction. Bad.
Old 22nd September 2008, 12:24   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Bellandur? No, I will not take that route. I recently happen to pass through this and I am o much against the speed-breakers on the way.

I agree we do have some speed breakers on the way to Varthur, but those are low and much better than the one through Bellandur.

Next the traffic conditions to cross the bellundur junction. Bad.
mjothi, you are confusing !! Bellandur (Springfields) - Harlur village - Hosur Road (3km before Ecity) has speedbreakers but not the Bellandur - Sarjapur stretch. It is fine if people are comfortable taking that route to Sarjapur and on further to Attibele.

Abhi
Old 22nd September 2008, 12:25   #36
Senior - BHPian

Fully agreed. The road through Varthur is far better. Did it yesterday morning. Crossing Varthur is a little bit irritating as its narrow and I got stuck behind a couple of BMTC buses who decided to stop and pick up passengers every few yards. :-) The speed breakers are not that high and once you hit Sarjapur its quite fast road to Attibele. Did HAL airport to Attibele in 45 minutes. If I had gone via Madivala and EC would have taken me more than an hour easily.
Old 22nd September 2008, 17:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the Blr chennai via chittoor route - The road is double laned with two way traffic and no median in between. Road surface is good except some patches. You can maintain 60-80 comfortably and at some stretches even more. But felt traffic is a bit high - may be because of the on coming vehicles and trucks. We started from Bangalore-Krishnarajapuram by 2.30PM. Reached Chittoor (170Km) by 7.00PM.

Bangalore(0Km)-Hosekote(26km)-Kolar(64km)-Palmaner(133)-Chittoor(172).

On return to Bangalore, since I was sceptical about this road, I decided to come back via Vellore through the NH 46, Chennai Krishnagiri 4 lane highway. From Chittoor it is 30 km (1 hour) to Vellore from where you can join NH46. I normally take this route while driving to Chennai. From Vellore it is 117Km to Krishnagiri and a further 87 Km for Krishnagiri to Bangalore, Which is about 60 km more, but was faster. Vellore Krishangiri takes around 1 hour 15 minutes and Krishnagiri Hosur around an Hour. And ofcourse the roads are good.

If you were to continue on from Chittoor to Chennai, then the route is to come to Ranipet instead of vellore to get NH46. Roughly 310 Km to chennai through OMR.

Bangalore(0Km)-Hosekote(26km)-Kolar(64km)-Palmaner(133)-Chittoor(172)-Ranipet(206)-Kachipuram (246)-Chennai(306)

My normal and preffered route is

Bangalore(0Km)-Hosur(35Km)-krishnagiri(86Km)-vellore(203kM)-Ranipet(228kM)-Kachipuram(268kM)- Chennai(328kM).
Old 22nd September 2008, 18:00   #38
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by laluks View Post
You can maintain 60-80 comfortably and at some stretches even more. But felt traffic is a bit high - may be because of the on coming vehicles and trucks. We started from Bangalore-Krishnarajapuram by 2.30PM. Reached Chittoor (170Km) by 7.00PM.

Bangalore(0Km)-Hosekote(26km)-Kolar(64km)-Palmaner(133)-Chittoor(172).
That is a leisurely drive indeed! What speeds did you restrict yourself to?
Old 22nd September 2008, 18:15   #39
Senior - BHPian

I think with all the 4 laning going on probably he had to go slow.

I think 2 and 1/2 hrs is like a good time from K.R.Puram to Chittoor. Well that was a couple of years back. Usually used to do Ulsoor to Ranipet in around 3 hrs and just a little extra.
Old 22nd September 2008, 18:20   #40
BHPian

It all depends on time at which you leave city.
2:30 PM, you will end up spending atleast an hour to reach Hosakote.
I did Bang(HAL)- Tirupati in 4 hours 2 weeks ago., but took 6 hours while returning in the evening.(Reached Hosakote at 5-6 PM)
You need to plan your in/out timings in city to achieve better timings.
Old 22nd September 2008, 18:29   #41
BANNED

laluks, are there any new diversions? I went through Narasapura town earlier this month.

csentil, the car also plays a part in addition to the thrills NH4 provides free of cost. laluks' Swift is a better bet on NH4 than the Civic. Starting time is also crucial.
Old 22nd September 2008, 18:38   #42
Senior - BHPian

Chittoor route I have taken only once a few months back, and I joined from chittoor to Vellore back to the NH46.
Old 22nd September 2008, 18:50   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
csentil, the car also plays a part in addition to the thrills NH4 provides free of cost. laluks' Swift is a better bet on NH4 than the Civic. Starting time is also crucial.
Very true, Swift would have been better, but I took Civic for this drive. Was careful a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
It all depends on time at which you leave city.
2:30 PM, you will end up spending atleast an hour to reach Hosakote.
I did Bang(HAL)- Tirupati in 4 hours 2 weeks ago., but took 6 hours while returning in the evening.(Reached Hosakote at 5-6 PM)
You need to plan your in/out timings in city to achieve better timings.
At 2.30 it was a hell of traffic. We wanted to reach Chittoor by evening hence started at this time. Probably was the biggest mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
I think with all the 4 laning going on probably he had to go slow.

I think 2 and 1/2 hrs is like a good time from K.R.Puram to Chittoor. Well that was a couple of years back. Usually used to do Ulsoor to Ranipet in around 3 hrs and just a little extra.
May be it could have been done on that day less by 30 minutes not more.

Quote:
That is a leisurely drive indeed! What speeds did you restrict yourself to?
Speeds sometime went above 100, but mostly restricted to 70-80 due to the oncoming traffic,trucks ..
Old 22nd September 2008, 19:01   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
laluks, are there any new diversions? I went through Narasapura town earlier this month.

[Grinning] ! That was in my Matiz. And as I said that was when I was younger and a bit more insane. :-)

That's why I mentioned K.R. Puram. Nowadays you might get caught in Old Madras Road before the railway underpass itself for more than an hour !!!
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:06   #45
BHPian

Hi Blue,

I just went to Tirupati , last weekend, roads until Palamner is pretty good for 89-100 speed... after that i took SH for Tirupati, But Roads are without divider. Be careful at night. Hope it helps you.. I took Bangalore - Kolar - Palamner - Chittor ... i think you need to go straight.

Pl do visit @ akroy's http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...e-kolkata.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks