Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2010, 10:13   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: NH207: Road Status and Route Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
I dont think guys who know this route well going to Doddaballapur & hassan would take the Tollway, since they need to take a detour, thats the "U" after getting down from the Tollway. They would prefer to travel below the Tollway, so that taking a detour is avoided.
Thanks. That explains it! And its also news! I thought the maximum traffic apart from Tumkur is for Hassan and I thought folks were overjoyed that, they can now take the tollway and then take the Nelamangala crossing to NH48!

But yes I will try the Doddaballapur SH some time soon! Thanks for all the explanation and Happy new year to you and your family as well!
Old 31st December 2010, 10:48   #92
BHPian

The Toll way was built, since the highway after the nelamangala junction towards & away from Bangalore used to get choked during peak hours. Reaching the Jalahalli cross junction from nelamangala used to be a herculean task both ways.

The major traffic from Bangalore on this highway is towards Pune, Mumbai, Hubli, Belgaum alongwith Mangalore and other cities.

The tollway is designed in such a way that all the genuine truckers to & from Pune, Mumbai and other cities avoid choking the road below. They took 3 years to complete this toll way.

This Tollway also has a toll booth for exempted vehicles, which is always crowded with vehicles wanting to avoid paying toll. Its a sorry state of affair at this particular counter. There are about 4/5 booth personnels checking, cross checking the vehicles here from avoiding paying the toll.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 31st December 2010 at 10:50.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:20   #93
BHPian

I have a quick question. I am planning to travel to AP via Hyderabad this saturday. I'm hoping to start from Marathahalli around 5 AM. Would the whitefield-NH207-NH4 route be faster than the ORR-Hebbal-Devanahalli route at that time in the morning ?
Old 10th February 2011, 16:57   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I have a quick question. I am planning to travel to AP via Hyderabad this saturday. I'm hoping to start from Marathahalli around 5 AM. Would the whitefield-NH207-NH4 route be faster than the ORR-Hebbal-Devanahalli route at that time in the morning ?
Take SH 35, instead of NH 207 till Devanahalli, direction -
Reach Hope Firm junction from which ever direction you are comming then take the road which goes towards Whitefield Rly station, take the road over bridge, go straight till you reach NH4,then take left, within 1-2 km you will find a right turn and sign board for BIAL, take that road, its in very good shape and well marked, eventually it will meet on NH 207 few kms before Devanahalli, take left and proceed, then with in 5 km you will find a Mayura Bakery, after that there is a small junction, left for Airport, right for NH7 towards Hyd.
Old 10th February 2011, 17:41   #95
BHPian

Thanks Asdon. Do you think this route would be faster than ORR at 5 AM, especially since i am starting from Marathahalli ?
Old 10th February 2011, 18:05   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Thanks Asdon. Do you think this route would be faster than ORR at 5 AM, especially since i am starting from Marathahalli ?
This road is almost empty most of the time during 24 hrs, From Marathahalli via this road its 47km till NH 7 Devanahalli, via ORR 51 km, now at 5 am there might not be traffic issues so you can take either of the roads will make no difference.
Old 10th February 2011, 19:13   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Take SH 35, instead of NH 207 till Devanahalli, direction -
Reach Hope Firm junction from which ever direction you are comming then take the road which goes towards Whitefield Rly station, take the road over bridge, go straight till you reach NH4,then take left, within 1-2 km you will find a right turn and sign board for BIAL, take that road, its in very good shape and well marked, eventually it will meet on NH 207 few kms before Devanahalli, take left and proceed, then with in 5 km you will find a Mayura Bakery, after that there is a small junction, left for Airport, right for NH7 towards Hyd.
Being a regular on both the routes I would recommend that you take the Hebbal route. Unless you are familiar with the the whitefield route , the turns may be a bit confusing and can potentially slow you down. However after 07:30 in the morning , the whitefield route is highly recommended.
Old 31st May 2011, 15:17   #98
Team-BHP Support

@Airguitar Have you ever take the Chikka-Tirupati to Malur road?

How is that road condition?
This is the one which by-passes Sarjapur and Bagalur.
Old 31st May 2011, 22:45   #99
BHPian

Malur - ChikkaThirupathi stretch is decent - nothing to be disappointed about. There is just a small stretch that goes over a tank - and that is just a bit narrow that's all.

Latest Status on NH 207 for Hoskote -> Devanahalli - DBPur is that it's a dream now - has been relaid.

DBPur - Dobbaspet is still a bit of a mess although it was patched up - the potholes have reappeared..
airguitar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 23:12   #100
Team-BHP Support

Great to hear that. So one does not need to go to Bagalur. One can actually drive to Chikka-Tirupati and then turn towards the Malur road.

Yes I too noticed that NH207 from Chikka-Tirupati to Sarjapur was beautiful. Was not sure of the other stretch. This is great news indeed!

Now it makes even more sense to take the NH207 Doddaballpur-Devanahalli stretch as a good by-pass option from NH7 to NICE. (Via Doddaballapur-Nelamangala SH).

Also did you find answer to the Solur-Shivaganga-Dobbaspet route?

Last edited by ampere : 31st May 2011 at 23:15.
Old 1st June 2011, 22:20   #101
BHPian

Solur-Shivaganga-Dobbaspet route - no Amp, haven't had a chance to explore..
Old 2nd June 2011, 21:40   #102
BHPian

Drove today from Dobbespet to Hoskote. D'pet to Doddaballapur was partly good, partly average and 2 kms of no tarred surface near DB'Pur. Less traffic, you can practically use both sides of the road to evade potholes. 2 railway crossings.

DB'pura to Devanahalli was very good. A few patched places (not affecting the speed) but rest very smooth. 1 railway crossing. No clear marking on which way to turn for Hoskote when NH 207 joins NH 7 at Devanahalli.

Devanahalli to Hoskote was excellent for 15 Kms with fresh tarred surface feels like extension of the airport runway. Another 13 Kms is still the old road, mostly good but few potholes here and there, one has to very wary.
slakhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:50   #103
Team-BHP Support

So looks like the over all circle is well done. Just that, initial leg Dobbaspet-Doddaballpur is in its original condition. Not changed much.

Any update on Hoskote-Chikka-Tirupati?
Old 5th June 2011, 13:13   #104

I drove from Hyderabad to Mysore yesterday taking the Devanahalli -> D'ballapur -> Nelamangala -> NICE (Tumkur Rd to Mysore Rd) -> Mysore. The objective was to completely avoid the Bangalore traffic at about noon time.

While the Devanahalli - D'ballapur (NH 207) road has been relaid and in good condition, the D'ballapur - Nelamangala stretch was in a bad shape and very patchy with odd stretches in good shape closer to Nelamangala. The leading road from D'ballapur to Nelamangala road for about 6-7 kms is in a horrible state without any road at all.

Irrespective of this fact, I completely avoided the Bangalore traffic, but ended up driving for at least 40 kms extra. but saved about 1 hr and it took me 10.5 hrs with about a couple of 20 mins break in between.
adityarao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 14:28   #105
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityarao View Post
While the Devanahalli - D'ballapur (NH 207) road has been relaid and in good condition, the D'ballapur - Nelamangala stretch was in a bad shape and very patchy with odd stretches in good shape closer to Nelamangala. The leading road from D'ballapur to Nelamangala road for about 6-7 kms is in a horrible state without any road at all.
So the stretch from Doddaballpur to the railway crossing was rough or even worse? How was the traffic on this stretch. I expected odd lorries on this stretch and not much of traffic.
Irrespective of the distance, 1 hour is good time to save.

Also when one enters Bangalore in peak hours from NH7, I think this is best possible option, one can use to get into NICE.

At this stage its even worse. elevated road construction on NH7 till Hebbal, IISc road block, and then the peak traffic through the city to hit Mysore road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks