Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2010, 10:19   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I disagree to you on this point, I stay in Electronic City and Travelled 5-6 times through Electronic City-SarjaPur rd-Varthur-Whitefield-NH4-Devanahalli rd and road condition is quite good, from my house which is in E-City Phase 2 the Airport is 66 km and it never took more than an hour and my place to hosur via NH7 is hardly 25 min... for avarege time it shd not be more than 1.5 hr to reach Hosur.
You are right 2.5 Hrs was a typo, 1.5 Hours is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Thanks, asdon, for the comprehensive route profile. I have travelled on the Vartur-Attibele route, that is known to me, but for the rest, I will go by your instructions. BTW, you made a typo error, in the second and third coordinates info, the latitude should be N not E as mentioned.
@HVK
You are right , the latitude for the second & third point should have been marked as "N" not "E"
Old 16th January 2010, 21:49   #32
Team-BHP Support

An Option to Bypass NH4 construction at Neelamangala

Today tried that part of NH207, which I guess is the least used. This is section where NH207 starts from the NH4 on Tumkur road and goes till Devanhalli and curves towards Hoskote, Sarjapur, Bagalur and Hosur.

This road I realized is a very good option to bypass the construction on the NH4. If folks are staying at Marathalli/Whitefield and nearby places, they can try this road. Condition is very good and its stress free driving.

- Start at Tumkur drive till Dobas Pet (Its 2KM from Kamat).
(This is the Kamat you will encounter on the left while driving towards Bangalore)

- Turn left towards Dodbellapur (NH207 starts) (~30KM)

- NH207 from Dobaspet to Dodbellapur is very nice and you can easily hit 80-100. There is hardly any traffic.

- At Dodbellapur take diversion towards Yelahanka (NH207 proceeds towards Devenhalli)

- Dodbellapur to Yelahanka is about 20 km and the road is very good. Though there is decent traffic on the road, but it keeps moving at a pretty decent pace.

- At Yelahanka you can join the Bellary road, drive till Hebbal, join the ORR and continue. Its a much-much better option.

- I guess the distances might be about 20-30 km more, but I guess you will not be in a start-stop traffic.

Last edited by ampere : 16th January 2010 at 21:55.
Old 17th January 2010, 18:55   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Today tried that part of NH207, which I guess is the least used. This is section where NH207 starts from the NH4 on Tumkur road and goes till Devanhalli and curves towards Hoskote, Sarjapur, Bagalur and Hosur.

This road I realized is a very good option to bypass the construction on the NH4. If folks are staying at Marathalli/Whitefield and nearby places, they can try this road. Condition is very good and its stress free driving.

- Start at Tumkur drive till Dobas Pet (Its 2KM from Kamat).
(This is the Kamat you will encounter on the left while driving towards Bangalore)

- Turn left towards Dodbellapur (NH207 starts) (~30KM)

- NH207 from Dobaspet to Dodbellapur is very nice and you can easily hit 80-100. There is hardly any traffic.

- At Dodbellapur take diversion towards Yelahanka (NH207 proceeds towards Devenhalli)

- Dodbellapur to Yelahanka is about 20 km and the road is very good. Though there is decent traffic on the road, but it keeps moving at a pretty decent pace.

- At Yelahanka you can join the Bellary road, drive till Hebbal, join the ORR and continue. Its a much-much better option.

- I guess the distances might be about 20-30 km more, but I guess you will not be in a start-stop traffic.

Any one has done the Dodballapur-Devanhalli strech recently ? How is the road condition ?
Old 17th January 2010, 21:49   #34
Team-BHP Support

will try it next week for fun
Old 18th January 2010, 01:25   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I disagree to you on this point, I stay in Electronic City and Travelled 5-6 times through Electronic City-SarjaPur rd-Varthur-Whitefield-NH4-Devanahalli rd and road condition is quite good, from my house which is in E-City Phase 2 the Airport is 66 km and it never took more than an hour and my place to hosur via NH7 is hardly 25 min... for avarege time it shd not be more than 1.5 hr to reach Hosur.
Wow, 1hr to airport from Ecity Phase 2 ? Did you do this early in the morning ?
I have done Whitefield - BIAL more than a dozen times. To reach the airport, takes 50 minutes-1 hour usually from Whitefield itself. I have driven myself, and multiple Easy/Meru cabs too. Usually, you'll lose 5-10 mins at Kadugodi level crossing (at Sai baba ashram).
Also, if its evening, there is more traffic, and the link road is quite curvy, so its difficult to do speeds above 100-120kmph, and one needs to slow down several times.
Bottomline, most days except for early mornings, 1 hour from Airport to Whitefield - don't expect to do it much faster.
It will take atleast 1.5 hours to reach Hosur road.
I had posted my GPS map tracks at
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post1630143 (Bangalore boys: How do I go from Marathahalli to BIAL?)
Old 18th January 2010, 11:47   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

I think the next update of MMI, Satguide should have all these new roads marked covered.

Just updated the MMI with the latest maps, and the new road is there.
Old 18th January 2010, 14:10   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Just updated the MMI with the latest maps, and the new road is there.
Great I will wait for my Satguide update. Now I know, why they were under pressure to release this, as MMI is already out and they need to catch up.
Old 18th January 2010, 15:54   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_rit View Post
Wow, 1hr to airport from Ecity Phase 2 ? Did you do this early in the morning ?
I have done Whitefield - BIAL more than a dozen times. To reach the airport, takes 50 minutes-1 hour usually from Whitefield itself. I have driven myself, and multiple Easy/Meru cabs too. Usually, you'll lose 5-10 mins at Kadugodi level crossing (at Sai baba ashram).
Also, if its evening, there is more traffic, and the link road is quite curvy, so its difficult to do speeds above 100-120kmph, and one needs to slow down several times.
Bottomline, most days except for early mornings, 1 hour from Airport to Whitefield - don't expect to do it much faster.
It will take atleast 1.5 hours to reach Hosur road.
I had posted my GPS map tracks at
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post1630143 (Bangalore boys: How do I go from Marathahalli to BIAL?)
Yes it was moring time... arround 6:30am.. and few time in afternoon... but still you can reach Hosur under 2 hr...
Old 30th January 2010, 15:28   #39
Senior - BHPian

Thanks all for your help in planning my drive bypassing Bangalore on my way from Hyderabad (NH7) to Trivandrum (NH7).

On Jan 22, I left Hyderabad at 300 am and reached Devanahalli at 950 am. hrag guided me most of the way to supplement what you guys have already advised me.

Leave NH7 and enter Devanahalli town (left fork, 13 kms from the end of the Chickballapur bypass).

At the Devanahalli bus station (right side), 3 kms from NH7, take a left turn, onto NH207

4 kms down the road, take the right turn, off NH207. As you take the right turn, you will see the big overhead board indicating Whitefield 34/K R Puram 29/Electronic City 64.

23 kms later, this road will skirt the boundary walls of the new airport (to the right) and intersect NH4 (Old Madras Road) before Hoskote.

There is a flyover under construction here. Take a left turn (towards Hoskote/Kolar, right goes to Bangalore city), and go on the NH4 1-2 kms before you see a break and a U-turn possibility.

Make the U-turn and come back till you see a road to the left - no markings!

Now you are on a 4-lane road heading to Whitefield 7 kms away - you know you have reached when you cross the level crossing (overbridge under construction).

Keep going straight - you will intersect a road junction with signals - past the Kadugodi bus stand.

5 kms from the Whitefield level crossing, you will reach Varthur which is indicated by the Mega Mart (left hand side) and after crossing a roundabout, you are on a narrow 2-lane road skirting the Varthur Lake (right hand side).

We reached Varthur Lake - 43 kms from NH7 before Devanahalli - at 1050 am, and got stuck in a bad traffic jam there for next 15-20 minutes. Worse, the traffic was diverted after the Lake - some political; meeting blocking the road - and we were put onto some bumpy side roads - must have cost us 3-5 kms more - before rejoining the main road again.

10 kms down this road, from the Varthur Lake and I hit the Sarjapura Road, where I turned left (right goes to Bangalore-Koramangala) (there is a BPCL pump at that point), and it is peaceful 5 km run till the Sarjapura Police Station (right side) where you take a right turn (straight goes to Chikka Tirupati/Bagalur), and reach Attibele, on NH7, 10 kms later, just short of the TN border, at 1145 pm.

The entire drive took us 70 kms (after adjusting for the extra detours) and took us 2 hours, after allowing for the delay due to the traffic jam/detour at Varthur Lake.

Overall, a fast route to bypass Bangalore, easy to understand, and recommended.

Please be free to correct in case I got any of the driving instructions wrong.
Old 30th January 2010, 16:29   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

We reached Varthur Lake - 43 kms from NH7 before Devanahalli - at 1050 am, and got stuck in a bad traffic jam there for next 15-20 minutes. Worse, the traffic was diverted after the Lake - some political; meeting blocking the road - and we were put onto some bumpy side roads - must have cost us 3-5 kms more - before rejoining the main road again.

10 kms down this road, from the Varthur Lake and I hit the Sarjapura Road, where I turned left (right goes to Bangalore-Koramangala) (there is a BPCL pump at that point), and it is peaceful 5 km run till the Sarjapura Police Station (right side) where you take a right turn (straight goes to Chikka Tirupati/Bagalur), and reach Attibele, on NH7, 10 kms later, just short of the TN border, at 1145 pm.

The entire drive took us 70 kms (after adjusting for the extra detours) and took us 2 hours, after allowing for the delay due to the traffic jam/detour at Varthur Lake.

Perfect sir ! Only issue with Varthur is that if you are going on this route on a Sunday, you can also get stuck due to the Varthur Sunday market, which can lead to slow moving traffic on this road. Otherwise rest is fine.

The Driveblog is amazing !
Old 30th January 2010, 17:57   #41
BHPian

Quote:
23 kms later, this road will skirt the boundary walls of the new airport (to the right) and intersect NH4 (Old Madras Road) before Hoskote.

5 kms from the Whitefield level crossing, you will reach Varthur which is indicated by the Mega Mart (left hand side) and after crossing a roundabout, you are on a narrow 2-lane road skirting the Varthur Lake (right hand side).
Just two minor corrections for the benefit of the unfamiliar.

1. 23 Km later (this road will skirt the boundary walls of the new Airport to the right) the road will intersect NH4.....

2. After crossing the Mega Mart (Forum Value mall) and on reaching the round about , take the left fork onto the narrow 2-lane road...
Old 30th January 2010, 18:30   #42
BHPian

Quote:

Well that was a perfect drive, but you can do more. From Sarjapur where you took right towards Attibele, go straight to Bagalur, that is NH 207, then take right and follow NH 207 and meet at Hosur on NH 7, this streach is 22 km total and will not take you more than 25 min from Sarjapur to hosur, and other benefit is that, there is a Toll plaza comming up in attibele, so by your current route you have to pay toll, and distance is 18 km, so you save on toll and some traffic jam near attibele and toll plaza.
Old 30th January 2010, 20:47   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well that was a perfect drive, but you can do more. From Sarjapur where you took right towards Attibele, go straight to Bagalur, that is NH 207, then take right and follow NH 207 and meet at Hosur on NH 7, this streach is 22 km total and will not take you more than 25 min from Sarjapur to hosur, and other benefit is that, there is a Toll plaza comming up in attibele, so by your current route you have to pay toll, and distance is 18 km, so you save on toll and some traffic jam near attibele and toll plaza.
Asdon,

I did think of it once. Although I have not done the Baglur-Hosur stretch, I have gone till Bagalur. I am told that the Bagalur-Hosur will take you below the NH7 flyover at Hosur and getting on to the main road is quite a task, as there is a market running at that place. Is it so? Have you ever tried this?
Old 30th January 2010, 23:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the corrections, ampere and adnaps.
Asdon/Ampere, the road from Bagalur ploughs into Hosur town and comes out at the flyover junction, one of the reasons that I find the Attibele option better.
Old 30th January 2010, 23:53   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks for the corrections, ampere and adnaps.
Asdon/Ampere, the road from Bagalur ploughs into Hosur town and comes out at the flyover junction, one of the reasons that I find the Attibele option better.
Thats what I also felt. In my case, I can easily get on to NH7 beyond silk board as I stay in that area. Since I start early for most my drives, I dont take any deviations. Within 10 minutes from home, I am on the highway running at-speed !

And also for any road barring NH7 towards Hyderabad, I can take the Hosur road for all practical purpose and hop on to the NICE road. May the target be Kanakpura, Magadi, Mysore or Tumkur road ! Works very well for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks