Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 17:14   #16
J.Ravi

@ampere,

You are right. MMI map shows SH 35 as NH 207 at Attibele. NH 207 connects Hosur [NH7] and Dobespet [NH4]. Sorry for my post #15.

Old 8th January 2010, 07:23   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
@ampere,

You are right. MMI map shows SH 35 as NH 207 at Attibele. NH 207 connects Hosur [NH7] and Dobespet [NH4]. Sorry for my post #15.
@Ravi,

Sorry for responding late. Was out of action. I wil try this over the weekend. The other thing I noticed is that one can catch this route correctly if one is coming from the Sarjapur road side. But if one wants to try this fresh, from the BIA side, he/she can surely get lost .

So while coming back from the Hosur side, I will try this for fun and get back to all!
Old 8th January 2010, 11:08   #18
BHPian

[quote=ampere;1671434]@Ravi,

But if one wants to try this fresh, from the BIA side, he/she can surely get lost .
quote]

bang on.... I got lost while doing that... in the evening while returning from BIA:( had to go back to original plan of NH 7...
Old 9th January 2010, 14:57   #19
Team-BHP Support

Tried this section.

Hit the NH207 from the Hope Farm crossing at Whitefield. The road as mentioned before is bad. But the stretch from Chikka Tirupathi to Sarjapur has been recently tarred is very good.

While coming back I took the Varthur road (SH35 as mentioned in GMAPS).

Once you take the Varthur road and then cross the Whitefield railway station, you can hit the NH4. The road till NH4 is full of apartments and Villas. As mentioned, I turned left and went a few KMs till there was a right-turn, where BIAL turn was mentioned.

Drove on this road for quite some time, where there is fork. One goes to BIAL while, the other goes towards Bagalur.

Please note there are two Bagalurs near Bangalore. One to south of Sarjapur in TN, while the other is north of Yelahanka near Sathanur.

So the Bagalur direction fork, takes you through the road, which hits NH7, 3 KMs north of Kogilu cross at Yelahanka. On the whole, very good driving experience and no traffic.

A point I noted is that there are hardly any petrol bunks on this stretch. But yes definitely a very good alternative for folks going to BIAL from Whitefield/Varthur area. Not sure how safe is this road at night.

Also we need to try other road which keeps straight to BIAL at the Bagalur fork.

Overall it was fun.
Old 9th January 2010, 19:57   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
This route from Varthur to BIA is part of my daily commute from Brooksfield to BIA. From Varthur follow the route to whitefield railway station ,cross a manned railway crossing near the flyover under construction and continue towards NH 4. On reaching NH4 , you will find the second fly over under construction. The right leads to Hoskote but turn left towards Bangalore.Continue for 1.5 Km till you reach a third fly over under construction (via a mud patch). Turn right below the fly over under construction and you will see a a huge sign accross the road indicating Devanahalli/BIA. This road is not NH 207 but is in good condition and well marked with side strip painting and centre line marking which leads you to Budhigere. At approx 1.5 Km after Budhigere you will reach a fork (left takes you to bagalur) take the right . Continue for another 1.5 Km and you will reach another fork. At this fork do not go straight (it is very inviting). Turn RIGHT and continue and after some distance you will find BIA on your left. However there is no connection to BIA from here and will need to continue straight for about 4 Km till you reach a T junction where you intersect NH 207. You will find another huge sign accross the road indicating left turn for Devanahalli. Turn left and continue till you reach Devanhalli and a T junction with the police station opposite. Turn left again , you will reach NH 7, cross another railway level crossing (next to yet another fly over under construction) and you will see the ramp leading to the airport ahead on your left. Watch out for some himalyan road humps between NH 4 & budhigere where contact between low slung or loaded cars and the road surface is unavoidable unless you crab accross them at an angle.

The strech of road between Budhigere to NH207 intersection is not marked on either google, mapmyindia or satguide. I could only find it on open street maps.

From Varthur junction (Forum value mall) to BIA will take about 1 hr + delay at level crossing. However between 10pm and 7am hebbal route is much faster.
@Adnaps,

I took the Bagalur side of the fork and came out near Yelahanka. That was OK with me as I did not want to go to BIA. The inviting road, that you mention is marked as SH104 in GMAPS. Do you mean, this road does not exist? I got that doubt as GMAPS marks it. I have attached two snaps to indicate my doubt.

NH207: Road Status and Route Details-bag.jpg

NH207: Road Status and Route Details-bag2.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 9th January 2010 at 19:58.
Old 9th January 2010, 20:46   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@Adnaps,

I took the Bagalur side of the fork and came out near Yelahanka. That was OK with me as I did not want to go to BIA. The inviting road, that you mention is marked as SH104 in GMAPS. Do you mean, this road does not exist? I got that doubt as GMAPS marks it. I have attached two snaps to indicate my doubt.

Attachment 261182

The fork which is marked as not found is hardly visible from the road. You need to turn off the main road and then you will find it. However the road is not in good condition. I have not refered it in my earlier post. The first fork in my post is the one marked on the map as bagalur fork.

Attachment 261183
Yes that is the second fork. If you take the right, after some time the GPS maps other than open street maps start straying all over the place and are no longer reliable. Prior to the airport coming up, this road on the left led to Devanahalli. After the airport came up the route has been devaited by the road on the right of the fork which was newly constructed. Somehow the map makers did not delete it from the map. Some parts of the disused road can still be found inside the airport at right angles to the runway. Howver if you take the fork to the left , and if you are familiar with the complicated routing through bad village roads, you will ultimately connect to NH 7 south of the airport flyover.
Old 10th January 2010, 07:28   #22
Team-BHP Support

Anyway I have sent an erratum report to Satguide to re-consider NH207.
Old 13th January 2010, 17:32   #23
Senior - BHPian

So what is the consensual view? I am driving from Hyderabad on NH7, want to bypass Bangalore and get to Hosur for my onward journey to Trivandrum? Good idea to take NH207 at Devanahalli and go via Hoskote, Chikka Tirupati and Bagalur to Hosur to rejoin NH7? I will go on the road around noon time.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2010, 17:39   #24
BHPian

Yes Kumar.... you can take this route, might need little asking till you hit NH4 from Devanahalli, rest will be fine..
Old 13th January 2010, 23:59   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
So what is the consensual view? I am driving from Hyderabad on NH7, want to bypass Bangalore and get to Hosur for my onward journey to Trivandrum? Good idea to take NH207 at Devanahalli and go via Hoskote, Chikka Tirupati and Bagalur to Hosur to rejoin NH7? I will go on the road around noon time.
The route suggested is longer and the road quality is not good. Would suggest the following route. Devanhalli - Budhigere - NH4 - Hoskote_Whitefield road - Varthur - Sarjapur - Attibele (hosur Road). Please note that the Devanhalli -Budhigere section is new alignment and not marked on most maps, howver the road is in excellent condition and part of the Airport secondary feeder route. From Devanahhali to Hosur should take about 2.5 Hrs. The turnoff waypoints are given below along with their lattitude/longitude.
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Turn off from Devanahalli – Land mark Devanhalli bus stand on right – turn left on to NH207.. In case of doubt ask for budhigere road. 13 14 43.16N 77 42 45.77E[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Turn right from NH 207 – land mark Huge sign across the road on the right (white letters on green back ground ) indicating direction to whitefield. You will also find a small triangular island on the road to the right. Both the sign and the island are hardly visible from NH 207 due trees and you will spot them only on reaching the turnoff point. Ask for budhigere road in case of doubt. Very important ,if you miss this turn you will end up at Hoskote. In case of doubt ask for budhigere road. 13 13 21.50E 77 44 27.52E[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Turn left onto NH4 – Land mark Fly over under construction on NH4. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]13 02 46.82E 77 45 00.98E[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Turn right cross over to the service road south of the next flyover under construction –Landmark Kalyan Mandap (Wedding hall) on the right. Exercise caution as the area is under construction , find a gap in the divider to swing over to the rightmost service lane. If you miss the service lane to the right , you will have to travel 2km and do a right U turn travel back about 1 Km. It is Ok to the service road on the right as it is open for 2 way traffic.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Turn right to the south opp the concrete structure of the second flyover under construction. 13 03 12.27N 77 45 42.67 E[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Continue straight cross the level crossing near the whitefield railway station(next to another flyover under construction).Exercise caution in case of luggage on overhead carrier due a low horizontal bar to limit only LMV to cross the level crossing. Scorpio will have no problem. 12 59 47.92N 77 45 30.35 E.[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Continue straight till you find Forum Value Mall on the left. After the Mall take second left near a small circle on the road. Ask for Varthur road. Landmark – After left turn you will find yourself on the bundh of a huge lake on your right. 12 57 25.74N 77 44 43.95E[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Continue till you reach a crossing with a Petrol Bunk accroos the road to the left. You have reached Bangalore Sarjapur road, turn left. 12 52 59.56N 77 45 08.40E.[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Continue till you reach another cross road at Sarjapur. Land mark is police station to the right. Turn Right at the junction, Ask for Hosur Road or Attibele. 12 51 39.17N 77 47 00.83E.[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Continue till you reach Attibele on NH7 . Turn left for Hosur. 12 46 44.07N 77 46 12.15E[/FONT][/SIZE]
Happy circumnavigating Bangalore
Old 14th January 2010, 00:04   #26
BHPian

Quote:
The route suggested is longer and the road quality is not good. Would suggest the following route. Devanhalli - Budhigere - NH4 - Hoskote_Whitefield road - Varthur - Sarjapur - Attibele (hosur Road). Please note that the Devanhalli -Budhigere section is new alignment and not marked on most maps, howver the road is in excellent condition and part of the Airport secondary feeder route. From Devanahhali to Hosur should take about 2.5 Hrs. The turnoff waypoints are given below along with their lattitude/longitude.
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Turn off from Devanahalli – Land mark Devanhalli bus stand on right – turn left on to NH207.. In case of doubt ask for budhigere road. 13 14 43.16N 77 42 45.77E[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Turn right from NH 207 – land mark Huge sign across the road on the right (white letters on green back ground ) indicating direction to whitefield. You will also find a small triangular island on the road to the right. Both the sign and the island are hardly visible from NH 207 due trees and you will spot them only on reaching the turnoff point. Ask for budhigere road in case of doubt. Very important ,if you miss this turn you will end up at Hoskote. In case of doubt ask for budhigere road. 13 13 21.50E 77 44 27.52E[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Turn left onto NH4 – Land mark Fly over under construction on NH4. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]13 02 46.82E 77 45 00.98E[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Turn right cross over to the service road south of the next flyover under construction –Landmark Kalyan Mandap (Wedding hall) on the right. Exercise caution as the area is under construction , find a gap in the divider to swing over to the rightmost service lane. If you miss the service lane to the right , you will have to travel 2km and do a right U turn travel back about 1 Km. It is Ok to the service road on the right as it is open for 2 way traffic.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Turn right to the south opp the concrete structure of the second flyover under construction. 13 03 12.27N 77 45 42.67 E[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Continue straight cross the level crossing near the whitefield railway station(next to another flyover under construction).Exercise caution in case of luggage on overhead carrier due a low horizontal bar to limit only LMV to cross the level crossing. Scorpio will have no problem. 12 59 47.92N 77 45 30.35 E.[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Continue straight till you find Forum Value Mall on the left. After the Mall take second left near a small circle on the road. Ask for Varthur road. Landmark – After left turn you will find yourself on the bundh of a huge lake on your right. 12 57 25.74N 77 44 43.95E[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Continue till you reach a crossing with a Petrol Bunk accroos the road to the left. You have reached Bangalore Sarjapur road, turn left. 12 52 59.56N 77 45 08.40E.[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Continue till you reach another cross road at Sarjapur. Land mark is police station to the right. Turn Right at the junction, Ask for Hosur Road or Attibele. 12 51 39.17N 77 47 00.83E.[/FONT][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]Continue till you reach Attibele on NH7 . Turn left for Hosur. 12 46 44.07N 77 46 12.15E[/FONT][/SIZE]
Happy circumnavigating Bangalore
Old 14th January 2010, 00:18   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hi HVK,

The route selected by you is longer and the quality is not good. Would suggest Devanhalli-Devanhalli_Budigere road-NH4-Hoskote_whitefield road-Sarjapur-Attibele(NH7).

I have attached the waypoints/turnoff points on the route as a word document with the lattitude and longitude. Please note that the Devanhalli-Budhigere route is a MDR and is on a new alignment due to the new airport, and not found on most maps. Devanhalli to Hosur should take you about 2.5 Hours.

The map from Devanhalli to Varthur can also be seen in this post

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...alli-bial.html (Bangalore boys: How do I go from Marathahalli to BIAL?)
Attached Files
File Type: doc Turn off from Devanahalli.doc (25.5 KB, 472 views)
Old 14th January 2010, 01:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnaps View Post
Hi HVK,

Devanhalli to Hosur should take you about 2.5 Hours.

The map from Devanhalli to Varthur can also be seen in this post

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...alli-bial.html (Bangalore boys: How do I go from Marathahalli to BIAL?)
I disagree to you on this point, I stay in Electronic City and Travelled 5-6 times through Electronic City-SarjaPur rd-Varthur-Whitefield-NH4-Devanahalli rd and road condition is quite good, from my house which is in E-City Phase 2 the Airport is 66 km and it never took more than an hour and my place to hosur via NH7 is hardly 25 min... for avarege time it shd not be more than 1.5 hr to reach Hosur.
Old 14th January 2010, 09:49   #29
Senior - BHPian

Thanks, asdon, for the comprehensive route profile. I have travelled on the Vartur-Attibele route, that is known to me, but for the rest, I will go by your instructions. BTW, you made a typo error, in the second and third coordinates info, the latitude should be N not E as mentioned.
Old 14th January 2010, 10:08   #30
Team-BHP Support

@HVK,

As mentioned by others, NH207 is pretty bad to travel. The best is go via the new load laid BIAL road and the Varthur road (SH35 in GMAPS). This road as mentioned by Asdon and Adnaps, is fully marked for the route to BIAL from NH4 (opposite to your drive). The road is very good.

I think the next update of MMI, Satguide should have all these new roads marked covered.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks