Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2008, 21:55   #1
BHPian

NH207: Road Status and Route Details

Hi,
Today I was experimenting with a new road to NH4 from Electronic City.
There is a connecting rd from Chandapura to Sarjapur rd, which is in very good condition with very less traffic, I usually take that route to go to Marathalli from E-City. Today I took turn from Sarjapur rd junction to reach NH207, and then to connect to NH4 on my way to Kolar,it was the shortest route. But when I reached few kms in NH207, I found no rd!!!... yes it was a full kachacha rd for a streach of abt 7-8 km and the rest was also not nearer condition to be called as NH, When I reached NH4 junction, me and my family took a 15 min brk for what we experienced... So just wanted to inform you guys if any one from E-City, Sarjapur, Anekel or Attibelli is willing to try this route, please go to KR Puram and directly take NH4. Wish you all will also share if experienced such bad roads... Bye.. drive safe

Last edited by normally_crazy : 16th February 2008 at 23:41. Reason: Excessive smilies - do not use more than 2 smilies
Old 17th February 2008, 08:23   #2
Senior - BHPian

Can you give a more details on this? I mean what is the turn from NH7 towards Sarjapur.
I know of one turn which is excellent (if coming from Ecity phase 1, the first right turn after crossing BMIC overbridge on Hosur Road), from this turn the straight road meets on Sarjapur Road via Bosch Factory.

ABHI

Last edited by Rehaan : 17th February 2008 at 08:42. Reason: fm = from.
Old 18th February 2008, 11:41   #3
BHPian

asdon, are you referring to the strecth of NH207 from Chandapura to Hoskote via Dommasandra ( sarjapur road ), Varthur, Whitefield and kadugodi ?
If yes, I believe the roads are bad from dommasandra to varthur though i have no idea of the condition on the stretch dommasandra - chandapura - anekal - kanakapura.
Old 18th February 2008, 14:02   #4
BHPian

Re:Do not Take NH207

Yes, roamingrao, thats the strech I am talking about. The road towards chandapura is in Good condition, but towards NH4 section is very bad.
AKRoy, I think you want to refer Jail Road or Hosa Road. Usually people take this rd to Marathahalli, but if you want to experience this one then have to take right turn on Sarjapur rd, and after you cross the rail crossing go further 5-6 kms then you will find a petrol station at right side, take left from there towards whitefield and you will find the road I am taliking about.
Old 12th March 2008, 09:58   #5
BHPian

Find new links to Devanahalli Airport

Hello every one,

This one is for all Bangalorians... as we all know we have to move to the new airport within next few months, would like to know more from you about the alternate routes to reach the place... not taking the usual Yelehanka route.

regrads,

Avijit
Old 5th January 2010, 20:15   #6
Team-BHP Support

Has any one recently tried this road? I was looking out for Devenhalli, Hoskote, Chikka Tirupathi, Sarjapur Bagalur stretch.

I know its not all that great, but just wanted to try something new. What I wanted to check: Is this worth trying?
Old 5th January 2010, 20:58   #7
BHPian

I have driven to an alternate route from Sarjapur Road last month -

Sarjapur Rd - Varthur - Whitefield - Whitefield Rly crossing - NH4(turn towards Bangalore and continue on NH4) - 1st left turn then again on NH 207 - drive down and you will reach Devanahalli and NH 7, if you want to go to airport turn left for Nandi hill turn right..
Old 5th January 2010, 21:14   #8
Team-BHP Support

Which Railway crossing are you referring to? Is it the one on the NH207 or the road that goes via Sai Baba Ashram ? (There is a fly which is being constructed now.)

If you are referring to the crossing on NH207, then you need to go via Hoskote. Is that what you had gone through?

Attached is the picture depicting both the crossing.

NH207: Road Status and Route Details-whitefield.jpg
Old 5th January 2010, 22:05   #9
BHPian

I have gone through the Hoskote crossing initially, this one I am taling about near Whitefield rly stn, the one you pointed out.. depends where you want to go.. if you are going to Kolar from Electronic city, there is another route via Malur which is in good shape, if you want to go to Devanahalli, follow the route I mentioned later(in your map also). If you go via Hoskote it will take more time and distance.
Old 5th January 2010, 22:53   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I have gone through the Hoskote crossing initially, this one I am taling about near Whitefield rly stn, the one you pointed out.. depends where you want to go.. if you are going to Kolar from Electronic city, there is another route via Malur which is in good shape, if you want to go to Devanahalli, follow the route I mentioned later(in your map also). If you go via Hoskote it will take more time and distance.
Thats exactly what I was asking. They are making an overbridge near on the crossing at the White RLy Station. Can we still go through in spite of this construction?

I have never gone this part of the town.
Old 5th January 2010, 23:00   #11
Team-BHP Support

This thread has a lot of details.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...alli-bial.html (Bangalore boys: How do I go from Marathahalli to BIAL?)
Old 6th January 2010, 01:00   #12
BHPian

yes there is road besides the on going construction of flyover near that crossing..
Old 6th January 2010, 07:36   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I have driven to an alternate route from Sarjapur Road last month -

Sarjapur Rd - Varthur - Whitefield - Whitefield Rly crossing - NH4(turn towards Bangalore and continue on NH4) - 1st left turn then again on NH 207 - drive down and you will reach Devanahalli and NH 7, if you want to go to airport turn left for Nandi hill turn right..
Thanks Asdon. One more question. Once you hit NH4, you will need to take right towards Hoskote to hit NH207. How do you drive towards Bangalore (ie taking left) and also hit the NH207?

You also mentioned turn first left after turning towards the Bangalore side. Geographically should'nt that be turn right?

By the way I also checked MapMyIndia, Satguide and Google Maps. Only GMaps still shows NH207 correctly between Hoskote-Sarjapur-Bagalore-Hosur. The others show the Varthur road (SH35 as marked in GMAPS) to be NH207, which is not correct.

Last edited by ampere : 6th January 2010 at 07:42.
Old 6th January 2010, 09:14   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks Asdon. One more question. Once you hit NH4, you will need to take right towards Hoskote to hit NH207. How do you drive towards Bangalore (ie taking left) and also hit the NH207?

You also mentioned turn first left after turning towards the Bangalore side. Geographically should'nt that be turn right?

By the way I also checked MapMyIndia, Satguide and Google Maps. Only GMaps still shows NH207 correctly between Hoskote-Sarjapur-Bagalore-Hosur. The others show the Varthur road (SH35 as marked in GMAPS) to be NH207, which is not correct.
This route from Varthur to BIA is part of my daily commute from Brooksfield to BIA. From Varthur follow the route to whitefield railway station ,cross a manned railway crossing near the flyover under construction and continue towards NH 4. On reaching NH4 , you will find the second fly over under construction. The right leads to Hoskote but turn left towards Bangalore.Continue for 1.5 Km till you reach a third fly over under construction (via a mud patch). Turn right below the fly over under construction and you will see a a huge sign accross the road indicating Devanahalli/BIA. This road is not NH 207 but is in good condition and well marked with side strip painting and centre line marking which leads you to Budhigere. At approx 1.5 Km after Budhigere you will reach a fork (left takes you to bagalur) take the right . Continue for another 1.5 Km and you will reach another fork. At this fork do not go straight (it is very inviting). Turn RIGHT and continue and after some distance you will find BIA on your left. However there is no connection to BIA from here and will need to continue straight for about 4 Km till you reach a T junction where you intersect NH 207. You will find another huge sign accross the road indicating left turn for Devanahalli. Turn left and continue till you reach Devanhalli and a T junction with the police station opposite. Turn left again , you will reach NH 7, cross another railway level crossing (next to yet another fly over under construction) and you will see the ramp leading to the airport ahead on your left. Watch out for some himalyan road humps between NH 4 & budhigere where contact between low slung or loaded cars and the road surface is unavoidable unless you crab accross them at an angle.

The strech of road between Budhigere to NH207 intersection is not marked on either google, mapmyindia or satguide. I could only find it on open street maps.

From Varthur junction (Forum value mall) to BIA will take about 1 hr + delay at level crossing. However between 10pm and 7am hebbal route is much faster.
Old 6th January 2010, 14:41   #15
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
MMI map shows NH207 correctly. My MMI Lx130 Navigator accurately guided me recently from Nandi Hills to Nelamangala.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 6th January 2010 at 14:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks