Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 19:23   #76
Team-BHP Support

@AG, @Asdon, Ever done Hoskote-Chikka Tirupathi stretch of late?
How is it currently?
Old 18th November 2010, 19:30   #77
BHPian

I normally don't take that route, but last in August I did, and road work was going on, I can post something by tomorrow afternoon about the route.
Old 18th November 2010, 23:53   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@AG, @Asdon, Ever done Hoskote-Chikka Tirupathi stretch of late?
How is it currently?
Large portions were recently relaid after Hoskote and the good portions are broad and smooth. But alas, there are 3-4 very bad portions too ( Just after Hoskote; And at the railway crossing near Haralur; And again at Thirumalashetty halli cross - where NH 207 meets the Hopefarm road/Channasandra road ). You get craters that look like meteorite strikes as well as one long stretch of metally road ( being relaid, but no progress for a while now ). This is as of last week.

Between Thirumalashettihalli Cross and Chikkatirupathi, it's OK except near a couple of villages ( think MediMallasandra ) and also near the mugalur cross. Beyond that until a few weeks back it was being relaid ( with half the road closed ), but now is fully operational and is good till Chikkatirupathi. And beyond that it's a dream till Sarjapur deviation and on from there till Bagalur, there is just one bad stretch a few meters. And at Bagalur town, I may have recently seen potholes ( unusually so ). This is as of 4 weeks ago.

And to your other post, Ampere, yes, that still is a good option to get to the airport. If you're approachign from WFIELD, you take right under the flyover at Budigere Cross ( or left there if yo're approaching from KRPuram side ), to Budigere, and to a point on NH 207 called Boodihala and Devanahalli town and NH 7/left into the airport direction.

Last edited by airguitar : 18th November 2010 at 23:59.
Old 19th November 2010, 12:43   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airguitar View Post
And to your other post, Ampere, yes, that still is a good option to get to the airport. If you're approachign from WFIELD, you take right under the flyover at Budigere Cross ( or left there if yo're approaching from KRPuram side ), to Budigere, and to a point on NH 207 called Boodihala and Devanahalli town and NH 7/left into the airport direction.
Is this the same as being discussed/mapped here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2145118?
Old 19th November 2010, 12:59   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Is this the same as being discussed/mapped here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2145118?
Yes, sir - that is the same one.
Old 19th November 2010, 13:37   #81
Team-BHP Support

Again as I mentioned before, the route may not be safe at night.
Old 19th November 2010, 21:08   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Again as I mentioned before, the route may not be safe at night.
This route is my daily commute from Brooksfield to the Airport. There are no issues of security on this route even at odd hours. However traffic gets a bit sparse after 10 pm and it may be difficult to get any support in case of breakdown. In any case after 10 pm the regular route via hebbal is much quicker.
Old 29th December 2010, 15:26   #83
Team-BHP Support

re: NH207: Road Status and Route Details

Two Questions:

1. A Question around 207.

I see a route from Nelamangala to Doddaballapur. How is this route as compared to the regular Nh207 (Dobbaspet-Doddaballapur?)

Has any one done this route? This seems to a good alternative to by-pass the city, rather than going all the way to Dobbaspet. Its also closer to NICE. Thus it may provide a good by-pass from NH7 to NICE.

Has any tried this?
Google Link:

Doddaballapur, Karnataka, India to Nelamangala, Karnataka, India - Google Maps

2. Is the above route any closer to Hessaraghata? Because I can see an intersecting road to the same.
Old 29th December 2010, 15:41   #84
BHPian

Hi Ampere,

I have done this route. But from Doddaballapur to nelamangala. It so happened that i had to visit 2 clients, one at Doballapur industrial area and the other client on Tumkur road just after Nelamangala on the same day.

It was a stranger at Doddaballpur who, when, i enquired directed me to this route.

Its not a very wide road, but its well laid with less traffic. One can drive very comfortably.There is also a dhaba on this route. It touches the NH4 at the signal near Nelamangala.

I did this route about an year back, not sure of the road condition now.
Old 29th December 2010, 15:53   #85
Team-BHP Support

Hi Nandan,

Thanks for this. At least I wanted to establish its existence first!
While browsing on the net I also this resort:

TSL Club & Resort

(Which says they are on Doddaballapur-Nelamangala road).
I think its the same road.

So which means definitely this would a very good by-pass from NH7 to NICE and hence a gateway to many roads, which NICE connects.

1. Devanahalli-Doddaballapur : NH207
2. Dodaballapur-Nelamangala : SH
3. NH4 to NICE.

Surely saves at least 20 Km via Dobbaspet.

So where exactly it branches of at Nelamangala? If today one uses the elevated Toll road, can one get out and take this road?
If yes, then that would be great.
Old 30th December 2010, 14:41   #86
BHPian

Amps,

Guess you are travelling from Bangalore towards tumkur.

You can see this road touching the NH4 at a junction. One can also see a traffic signal. This is where one would turn left to proceed to Kunigal and Mangalore. Straight on would be towards Tumkur, Hubli ,Pune, Goa and so on.

Near the signal, one needs to take a right to reach Doddaballapur( The route being discussed), further to Nandi hills from there.

I presume that The elevated Toll road ends further up the road after the signal i have mentioned. Atleast this is where i saw the landing being done few months back. i havent travelled after the Toll way got fully operational.

The toll road lands just before the Toll Plaza near Karnataka Breweries ( KBDL). You can see Denso Kirloskar on the right once you touch the highway from the Toll road.

Once you touch the NH, you need to take a U-Turn and take the left at the fork. This is will take you to straight to Doddaballapur. I hope i am successful in explaining though

Last edited by nandans2005 : 30th December 2010 at 14:43.
Old 30th December 2010, 15:35   #87
Team-BHP Support

Hey Thanks. Not that I am driving, but I was just trying to understand, if this can be a good by-pass option rather than Dobbaspet.
This would be good options for folks using NICE road and then Elevated Toll road and wanting to hit NH7.

So in summary:

Folks wanting to go to Doddaballapur via this SH or Hassan through NH48 should descend from the Toll Road (while coming from Bangalore) and come back after taking a U?
Old 30th December 2010, 20:32   #88
BHPian

You absolutey right, Just take the U-Turn (Facing Bangalore) and immediately a left at the fork.

it is NH4, not NH48. I think its typing error.

Also why is that you are mentioning Dobbespet? This place is quite a distance from nelamangala. Why would anybody want to go to dobbespet to reach Doddaballapur? are you trying to say this ?

Last edited by nandans2005 : 30th December 2010 at 20:34.
Old 31st December 2010, 07:36   #89
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
You absolutey right, Just take the U-Turn (Facing Bangalore) and immediately a left at the fork.

it is NH4, not NH48. I think its typing error.

Also why is that you are mentioning Dobbespet? This place is quite a distance from nelamangala. Why would anybody want to go to dobbespet to reach Doddaballapur? are you trying to say this ?
Hi Nandan,

What I meant to ask was:

1. Lets say a person is coming down from Bangalore side via the elevated toll way and driving towards Nelamangala.
2. In either case of him wanting to go to Hassan (via NH48) or Doddaballapur (via the State Highway we discussed), does he need to take a U?

3. Or you meant that only for the Doddaballapur SH, he needs to come back, while the NH48 turning is further down after the toll road ends?

As regards to Dobbaspet, why I put that in perspective, was :

1. Many folks use NICE road to by-pass Bangalore.
2. But from NICE road connection to NH7 towards Hyderabad is not straight forward. For that one does need to go through some part Bangalore for sure.
3. Dobbaspet as you rightly pointed, is quite far from Nelamangala. Hence it is not a good option for a by-pass to NH7 towards Hyderabad (from NICE).
4. This road from Nelamangala to Doddaballapur is potentially a very good option for the same.
Old 31st December 2010, 10:01   #90
BHPian

Re: NH207: Road Status and Route Details

Amps,

" I Wish You & Your Family A Very Happy & Prosperous 2011"

Quote:
In either case of him wanting to go to Hassan (via NH48) or Doddaballapur (via the State Highway we discussed), does he need to take a U?
I dont think guys who know this route well going to Doddaballapur & hassan would take the Tollway, since they need to take a detour, thats the "U" after getting down from the Tollway. They would prefer to travel below the Tollway, so that taking a detour is avoided.

Quote:
Or you meant that only for the Doddaballapur SH, he needs to come back, while the NH48 turning is further down after the toll road ends?
However, if one has taken the tollway, then,The guy wishing to reach Doddaballapur needs to take the immediate left after taking the "U" & the guys proceeding to hassan will have to take a detour reach the junction on the NH4, which is about 1/2 km and then take a right turn at the junction to get on to Hassan

Hope i am clear.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 31st December 2010 at 10:12.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks