Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2008, 14:37   #1
BHPian

Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries

HI all,

I will be visitng dapoli/harnai on this weekend. It will be great if anybody can suggest a route from pune to dapoli.

I am considering Pune- Bhor-khed-dapoli route. Any update about its condition after monsoons?
Old 1st October 2008, 14:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

for pune to dapoli, i will suggest,
pune-nh4-wai-mahabaleshwar-poladpur-khed-dapoli.
as far as pune-bhor-mahad route is concerned, bhor to mahad is in very bad shape.
i was in dapoli on 29th august and went from baramati to dapoli via mahabaleshwar.
if you are visiting to harnai, anjarle, while coming back from this area, do not take mandangad road. it is lonely road with lot of ghat section. come back by dapoli, khed route.
Old 1st October 2008, 14:55   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
for pune to dapoli, i will suggest,
pune-nh4-wai-mahabaleshwar-poladpur-khed-dapoli.
as far as pune-bhor-mahad route is concerned, bhor to mahad is in very bad shape.
i was in dapoli on 29th august and went from baramati to dapoli via mahabaleshwar.
if you are visiting to harnai, anjarle, while coming back from this area, do not take mandangad road. it is lonely road with lot of ghat section. come back by dapoli, khed route.
Thanks ashish. yes I was also considering mahableshwar khed route. How long did it take to reach dapoli via this route?
Old 1st October 2008, 14:59   #4
Senior - BHPian

pune to dapoli will be @250 km via mahabaleshwar.
where will you stay ? i mean dapoli, karde, harnai?
Old 1st October 2008, 15:03   #5
BHPian

Try Tamhini ghat

Hi, I travel often to Dapoli from Pune. I like the road which goes via Tamhini. Take the toll road from Chandani chowk till you reach NH17. Go south for approx 15 kms and turn right at Goregaon and reach Dapoli via Ambet ghat. this route takes 4.30 hrs in an Alto, 4 hrs in Lancer
Old 1st October 2008, 17:24   #6
BHPian

Quote:
pune to dapoli will be @250 km via mahabaleshwar.
where will you stay ? i mean dapoli, karde, harnai?
Hi ashish,

thanks for ur reply. I will be staying at Sagar sawali beach resort karde. any idea about it?

Jogi, thanks for ur suggestion. yes i have traveled to Harihareshwar via that route. That is very beautiful route, especially the tahmini ghat section. I just wanted to explore other route. Anyway I will finalize in a a day or 2.
Old 2nd October 2008, 08:54   #7
Senior - BHPian

i stayed at hotel kinara at karde. all resorts at karde are nice. beach is very good.
road to karde from murud is in bad shape.
Old 3rd October 2008, 11:15   #8
BHPian

HI Ashish,

Thanks for ur information. yes i will be taking pune-wai-panch gani-mahableshwar-poladpur-khed-dapoli-murud-krde route.

Hopefull we will be able to make it in 5 hrs including all stops as kids will be on board.
Old 3rd October 2008, 11:46   #9
Senior - BHPian

All resorts at karde had restaurant. You have to intimate menu for lunch/dinner at least 2 hours prior.
If you are reaching to Karde at lunchtime, you take lunch in Dapoli. Otherwise you will be in trouble for lunch at Karde.
Old 3rd October 2008, 17:46   #10
BHPian

Quote:
All resorts at karde had restaurant. You have to intimate menu for lunch/dinner at least 2 hours prior.
If you are reaching to Karde at lunchtime, you take lunch in Dapoli. Otherwise you will be in trouble for lunch at Karde.

We will be starting little late around 10am and will be packing our lunch with us. Anyway I have spoken with the hotel person and informed him about our plans.

My relatives will be reaching tom morning by 8:30am, so we will start after a breakfast at home.

Thanks for ur help.
Old 18th October 2008, 13:35   #11
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I would just like to know if anyone has recently (after the rains) done the tamhini ghat section from pune. I was planning a trip to dapoli-srivardhan and found this to be the shortest route. But i had heard from some people that a 15-20km patch has not been laid and is in a bad state.
Can someone please update me on the tamhini ghat road condition and approx. time to reach mangaon(NH17) from chandni chowk junction. Appreciate your inputs!
Old 18th October 2008, 14:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatoR View Post
Hi everyone,
Can someone please update me on the tamhini ghat road condition and approx. time to reach mangaon(NH17) from chandni chowk junction. !
hi aviator,
if you want to go shrivardhan, then tamhini ghat is the shortest route.
after mulashi dam, the road is bad. some 5 km section is reallly bad.
but i will suggest tamhini route despite its condition. do not worry about road condition, its matter of just 20 km for bad roads. rest is ok.
pune-chandani chowk-pirangut-paud-mulashi dam-tamhini ghat-vile-chhatri nizampur-mangaon-mhasala-shrivardhan.

at chhatri nizampur, look at left side [south direction] on horizon, you will see raigad fort. on eastern side on same point, you will see torna fort.
in tamhini ghat, at one hairpin bend, you will see lingana fort.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 18th October 2008 at 14:07.
Old 19th October 2008, 15:30   #13
BHPian

Thanks Ashish for your great response! About the bad stretch though, is it really bad like not paved at all or just paved road with lots of potholes? Also need to know the approx. time to reach mangaon(NH17) from chandni chowk junction so as to plan when to leave.
I would certainly lookout for the great scenery driving through tamhini ghat. Thanks!
Old 19th October 2008, 16:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatoR View Post
is it really bad like not paved at all or just paved road with lots of potholes? Also need to know the approx. time to reach mangaon(NH17) from chandni chowk
it is paved road with potholes here and there.
nature will relax you during driving. so do not worry about road.
it will take at least 2.5 hours to reach mangaon from chandani chowk.
chandani chowk to mulashi dam-1 hour
mulashi dam to vile[ base village of tamhini ghat-1hour
vile-mangaon-1/2 hour.
please 1/2 hour extra for stoppings.
Old 19th October 2008, 23:48   #15
BHPian

Thanks a lot buddy! I guess after that i'll take a right from Goregaon on NH17 and the ambet ghat road to reach Dapoli.
I thought of having some fun driving on NH17 by going to Khed and then taking a right to dapoli, but i guess this route will take a lot longer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks