Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 15:07   #106
BHPian

I took the following route while driving from Goa to Hyd yday:

Amboli-Ajra-Uttur-Nippani(Satyawati hote).

Perfectly drivable condition. No issues.
Old 8th October 2009, 22:49   #107

Guys, I am travelling from Bangalore to Mumbai next week on 14th night via Goa. Can some one please advise me on road conditions for NH17 Goa to Mumbai (Ratnagiri-Mahad-Chiplun)?

I would be eager to hear from someone who has done this route within the last week or so especially for reasons of torrential rains.

Thanks,
Agastya
Old 9th October 2009, 11:24   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agastya_Drifter View Post
Guys, I am travelling from Bangalore to Mumbai next week on 14th night via Goa. Can some one please advise me on road conditions for NH17 Goa to Mumbai (Ratnagiri-Mahad-Chiplun)?

I would be eager to hear from someone who has done this route within the last week or so especially for reasons of torrential rains.

Thanks,
Agastya
Isnt in the greatest of conditions,NH4 is a better alternative as of now if you are looking at reaching Mumbai sooner.
Old 9th October 2009, 15:10   #109

thanks ranjit. but how would you define 'not in the greatest of conditions'? i will be driving a zen. so would the pot holes be so deep that the under carriage would be scraped?? and is the road really bad or motorable?

thanks so much. i'm new to this site, but there are so many people out here to help which is awesome. now i will surely post my experiences on the road over here after i return.
Old 9th October 2009, 22:23   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipzapzoom View Post
hi fastlove
when are you planning teh trip in october? i will be traveling on this road on 23rd october, starting from dahisar, ghodbunder, thane, panvel, expressway, kolhapur, nipani, ajra, ottur, savantwadi to madgaon.
do let me know the road conditions incase you travel earlier.
regards

Hi ZZZ , i will be travelling on 11th october. Will post my report for sure.

@Prabingade - Thanks for the confidence inspiring line
Old 19th October 2009, 11:10   #111
BHPian

Guys , my Goa Trip report here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ck-goa-16.html
Old 19th October 2009, 16:58   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLove View Post
Guys , my Goa Trip report After exiting from Amboli Ghat ,( which was a lovely ghat drive where i just enjoyed every bit of the superb handling the Linea is capable of) i came to a small Y junction where a White Board showed Sawantwadi (straight) , Panaji 63km(Left road on the Y) and etc.. Note that i have been on this road before with my friends am not known to have a good sense of direction or remembering routes.
FastLove
Thanks for the update. Big mistake there, I remember warning someone about this route recenty. Well the only good thing is that the car didn't get damaged. That board should be pulled down. There are a few servicing places in Goa which you see as you drive around. How did you reach Gadinglaj from the Satayapalace turning to uttur and ajra? Gadinglag is on the route to ajra from the Sankeshwar turning
where was tis restaurant you stopped to have south indian lunch and what was the name? Also what was the exact time you reached Nipani?

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 19th October 2009 at 17:00.
Old 20th October 2009, 11:26   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
FastLove
Thanks for the update. Big mistake there, I remember warning someone about this route recenty. Well the only good thing is that the car didn't get damaged. That board should be pulled down. There are a few servicing places in Goa which you see as you drive around. How did you reach Gadinglaj from the Satayapalace turning to uttur and ajra? Gadinglag is on the route to ajra from the Sankeshwar turning
where was tis restaurant you stopped to have south indian lunch and what was the name? Also what was the exact time you reached Nipani?
Yeah deutschefrikar, it was a mistake but then you do become wiser after these journeys

i had read Gadhinglaj on the signboards on the route i took .
i travelled straight towards the goa route taking the right from satyawati hotel. Any place that came on the route for me were mere villages (Ajra being the one i remember as i did stopover for a lunch break there). Again , iam not good at directions , and thanks for pointing out that gadhinglaj is not touched on that route that i took as it will clear any confusion anybody else may have because of my post.

The place where i had breakfast was Muktangan Restaurant (i think the waiter told me the place was shevagaon or something). The stopover was at about 9 am at this restaurant. for an hour

I reached Nipani at 12:04 pm .
Old 20th October 2009, 13:49   #114
Senior - BHPian

Fastlove youre absolutely right. I noticed this signboard when returning from Goa on 1st of June this year.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1411127
and I made the mistake of asking the question and unfortunately someone else drove on that route. Now its better if more members will become aware that this route should be avoided.
Thanks for the rest of the info. I think I will use the Gadinglaj route.
Old 21st October 2009, 20:43   #115
Senior - BHPian

Is anyone driving down to Goa from Mumbai via the NH4 - amboli - sawantwadi route on Friday 23rd? Would be nice to know a fellow Team-bhpian is on the same road.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 21st October 2009 at 20:46.
Old 21st October 2009, 23:15   #116
BHPian

I will be taking the Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi road on Sat 24th.
Old 26th October 2009, 14:14   #117

Well I took the Panvel-Panji NH-17 route when I set out during the wee hrs. If anybody ever saw a silver maruti suzuki 800. lol :-)
Old 26th October 2009, 21:31   #118
Senior - BHPian

Agastya How was the NH17?
I took the NH4 Nipani Ajra Amboli Sawantwadi route, I found the Satara-Tawandi road much better than the Mum- pune - Satara road. Tawandi to Uttur was narrow and rough in patches. From there on to Ajra was not much better but when you get on to the road comong from Belgaum to Amboli it seems wider. Amboli ghat was rough too especially on some turms. Sawantwadi to Mapusa was not bad even thought it was dark. I guess most of the busses had left by the time I reached. Left mumbai at 7:15 am and reached candoli only at 8:45 pm.
I had lunch at a nice Veg fast food joint 31 kms before Kolhapur called Sai International. It was self service so there was no delay in getting the food after paying up. And the toilets were quite clean. So seems a much better option than either Satyapalace or Kaveri for a halt

I'm wondering if I should drive back to mumbai on the NH 17 cos I haven't in ages. Infact I gave it a thought while coming but decided against cos I had left late. I was sure it would take me longer on the NH17 than on the super smooth NH4
Old 27th October 2009, 13:01   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deutscheafrikar View Post
I'm wondering if I should drive back to mumbai on the NH 17 cos I haven't in ages. Infact I gave it a thought while coming but decided against cos I had left late. I was sure it would take me longer on the NH17 than on the super smooth NH4
Defi much more scenic.We did a Borivali to Madgaon drive last month(ofcourse prior to the rains),it took us close to 11hours.The ghat section take a lot of time.Left home at 5am and reached M'gaon at 4pm.Plenty of rest options ont he way.The Chiplun Riverview is a nice place(the ex-Taj place.It is now a Quality Inn property).
Old 1st November 2009, 00:24   #120
Senior - BHPian

I drove back to mumbai from Goa, via Sawantwadi-Ajra-gadinglaj-Sankeshwar-NH4. The Ajra Uttur route is a thousand times worse because it is so narrow and rough. I feeel it is better and safer to go Via Gadinglaj even though tthe distance might be a bit more. The road is wider and not as bad. I see many people use the Uttur route and Itried it last week. It is the pits. Never again

Got held up on the Pune expressway because a traiiler broke down and then later a jam all the way from Belapur to Dharavi.
Breakfast at Kamaths at Amboli and Lunch at Sai International fast food 31 kms after kolhapur on the NH4 it self.

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 1st November 2009 at 00:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks