Old 30th January 2024, 21:31   #361
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries

Mumbai-G.Noida Update:

Day-1: 27th Jan
Route: Mumbai-Vapi-Bharuch-Vadodra Bypass-NE1-Ahmedabad
Time taken: 8 hours with 2 breaks.
Distance: 520 KMs
  • Left Mumbai at 7:30am. Packed some vadapavs to eat on the go at Shree Datta Snacks, Manor.
  • Stopped for coffee at McDonald's, Bharuch. Refuelled at Jio-BP just ahead of the MCD.
  • Reached Ahmedabad at 3:30pm. Checked-in at Mani Mansion @ Paldi. Went for nice evening walk to the river front, visited Atal Setu and Flower Park, followed by dinner at Honest.
  • It was a very smooth drive till Ahemdabad.
Day-2: 28th Jan
Route: Ahmedabad-Himmatnagar-Udaipur Bypass-Rajasmand-Bhilwara-Shahpura-Jahazpur-Deoli-Tonk-Chimanpura-NE4-WPE-EPE-G.Noida
Time taken: 14 hours with 2 breaks
Distance: 965 KMs
  • Left Ahmedabad at 7:30am. First stop was at Jai Bhawani near Rishabdev.
  • We stopped for lunch at Raj Mahal on NH-52. Roads are in great shape till Bhilwara. Since it was the last day of the long weekend, avoided Kishangarh-Jaipur Bypass-NE4 and instead took right from Bhilwara towards Shahpura-Jahazpur-Deoli to join NH-52. Refuelled just before Shahpura, found XP95.
  • Turned right from NH-52 (Kota-Jaipur Highway) on NH-23 to join NE-4 at Chimanpura.
  • From Bhilwara till you join NH-52 at Deoli, the roads are is bad shape, they are repairing it but still one has to be very careful in a hatch or a sedan. Also, it is single laned. This was the 3rd time we took this route on return to NCR from Mumbai in last 6-months.
  • Have never seen so many cars on NE-4. BHPian friend was returning from Ajmer and was stuck at Dausa where g-maps showed a delay of 21mins.
  • Exited NE-4 and joined WPE then EPE, exited at Sirsa (G.Noida) which is literally 10mins from my home.

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_0514.jpeg

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_0513.jpeg

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_0505.jpeg

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_0494.jpeg

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-img_0433.jpeg
sinharishi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 15:57   #362

I believe some stretch in Gujrat got opened yesterday.
Old 23rd February 2024, 16:46   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akanad16 View Post
I believe some stretch in Gujrat got opened yesterday.
Yes, the Vadodara - Bharuch section of the DMEW was opened up to the public yesterday.

Now, only the Bharuch - Mumbai (JNPT) section remains to be completed, most likely by mid-next year May '25.
jigar1791@gmail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2024, 18:49   #364
BHPian

However, still most of the sections between Vadodara and Delhi are yet to be opened. Correct me if I am wrong.
Old 25th February 2024, 10:56   #365
BHPian

Only three sections of the Expressway are officially opened. Sohna to Sawai Madhopur, Bhanpura to Thandla and Vadodara to Baruch (not sure which interchanges). There are large gaps in between. The Mukundra Tunnel (between Sawai Madhopur and Bhanpura) is likely to take time and from what I undestand, work is yet to be started in some sections of Gujarat. We are still a long way off from the complete opening ie from Sohna to Virar, probably end of 2025.
Roan J is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 10:00   #366
BHPian

Guys,

Anyone travelling from Mumbai towards Ahmedabad and vice versa be aware of massive traffic jams around Manor due to construction.

While going from Mumbai to Ahmedabad stay toward the right lane and move towards the opposite lane as soon as possible, barricades have been placed on the opposite lane.

Also the exits on Vadodara Bharuch Section are at
NE1 - 15 Km from Km 0 Vadodara
NH48
Padra
Karjan
Bharuch

The quality of the road is not very good and smooth.

Have heard that the stretch is now open till Surat, but have not travelled personally.

The stretch to Bharuch is a timesaver as they were multiple traffic jams because of narrow bridges on the NH
msd7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 20:40   #367
BHPian

So since the new NE4 stretch is open now till Baruch, does it make sense for someone who is driving to Mumbai exit at Baruch, cross the city, join the NH or take the exit before and join the NH at Karjan?
Old 28th March 2024, 10:17   #368

I'm gearing up for another epic drive from Roorkee to Mumbai, and I'd love your expert input on my route plan.

Background

Last year (March), I successfully followed this route: Roorkee -> DME -> EPE -> Delhi-Mumbai Expressway -> Dausa -> Jaipur -> Chittorgarh -> Udaipur -> Godhra -> Vadodara -> Mumbai. I enjoyed the drive and had a pleasant overnight stay in Udaipur.

Updated Route Idea

This time, I'm aiming to follow the same route until Udaipur. After that, I'm considering diverting towards Ahmedabad for a night stay:

Udaipur -> Ahmedabad -> Vadodra -> Mumbai

My Question

With the recent openings of Delhi-Mumbai Expressway sections, does this route make sense?
Old 28th March 2024, 11:20   #369
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick658 View Post
I'm gearing up for another epic drive from Roorkee to Mumbai, and I'd love your expert input on my route plan.

Background

Last year (March), I successfully followed this route: Roorkee -> DME -> EPE -> Delhi-Mumbai Expressway -> Dausa -> Jaipur -> Chittorgarh -> Udaipur -> Godhra -> Vadodara -> Mumbai. I enjoyed the drive and had a pleasant overnight stay in Udaipur.

Updated Route Idea

This time, I'm aiming to follow the same route until Udaipur. After that, I'm considering diverting towards Ahmedabad for a night stay:

Udaipur -> Ahmedabad -> Vadodra -> Mumbai

My Question

With the recent openings of Delhi-Mumbai Expressway sections, does this route make sense?
Not anymore. With large sections of DME open, this saves time and effort. Problem is, this is just a large, arrow straight ribbon of a road with little traffic and inexistent facilities. If you have a powerful car with a good suspension that can happily cruise at 120kmph for hours together, take the expressway. For lesser cars, the older route with ample petrol pumps, restaurants, sightseeing options and a far more engaging drive makes more sense in my opinion.
Old 28th March 2024, 11:33   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick658 View Post

With DME open in stretches, the road connecting these stretches are still plain old NHs and SHs. I still find the old traditional route better - roads have improved, better facilities.

The only usable stretch of DME is Delhi to Lalsot if you want to exit at NH23 and then take NH52 to Deoli-Bhilwara to Udaipur. Beware the road from Deoli to Bhilwara is single laned internal roads.

I cannot comment on the MP-GJ stretch of DME. It does not exit at Vadodra but way before Vadodra. Have not driven on it so I cannot suggest.

I am leaving for Mumbai and beyond next week. Will be sticking to: EPE-DME-Dausa-Jaipur ring road/bypass-Kishangarh-Bhilwara-Udaipur-Ahmedabad (halt)-NE1-DME-Baruch-Surat-Mumbai.

The only variation in the above will be taking NH23-Deoli instead NH44 as I hear there are many diversions between Jaipur and Ajmer exit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Not anymore. With large sections of DME open, this saves time and effort. Problem is, this is just a large, arrow straight ribbon of a road with little traffic and inexistent facilities. If you have a powerful car with a good suspension that can happily cruise at 120kmph for hours together, take the expressway. For lesser cars, the older route with ample petrol pumps, restaurants, sightseeing options and a far more engaging drive makes more sense in my opinion.
How is the road between Chimanpura exit and the MP-GJ stretch? How is the route from GJ exit to Vadodra?
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 12:08   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post

How is the road between Chimanpura exit and the MP-GJ stretch? How is the route from GJ exit to Vadodra?
MP section of DME is open and this 215 KMs stretch can be easily covered under 1hr 45 mins. 35 Kms on SH and you join Ahmedabad-Indore highway near Jhabua, which is nice 4 Lane Road. From exit near Thandla, it takes 2 Hrs and 45 mins to join NH-48 in Vadodara.

Even though DME is not fully open, but the 2 stretches in Rajasthan & MP helps in covering around 450 KMs in under 4 hrs thereby saving overall time viz a viz traditional route via Udaipur.
Rahkehs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2024, 13:41   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
MP section of DME is open and this 215 KMs stretch can be easily covered under 1hr 45 mins. 35 Kms on SH and you join Ahmedabad-Indore highway near Jhabua, which is nice 4 Lane Road. From exit near Thandla, it takes 2 Hrs and 45 mins to join NH-48 in Vadodara.

Even though DME is not fully open, but the 2 stretches in Rajasthan & MP helps in covering around 450 KMs in under 4 hrs thereby saving overall time viz a viz traditional route via Udaipur.
If one has to go from Mumbai to Jaipur which route would you recommend?
Old 31st March 2024, 14:52   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahkehs View Post
Absolutely but the time taken to cover between the 2 stretches beats the purpose IMHO. Plus one has to stay at Vadodra as there is no better midpoint like Ahmedabad or Udaipur for Mumbai. Vadodra is a good 16+ hrs drive from Delhi. I just checked Delhi-Vadodra, Gmaps is still recommending via Udaipur, alternative being the route you mentioned with a difference of 1 hr.

I am just reluctant to take the route via Kota-Ratlam-Vadodra with family on-board.
Old 31st March 2024, 21:22   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
If one has to go from Mumbai to Jaipur which route would you recommend?
For Jaipur, traditional route via Udaipur would be faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
————
I just checked Delhi-Vadodra, Gmaps is still recommending via Udaipur, alternative being the route you mentioned with a difference of 1 hr.

I am just reluctant to take the route via Kota-Ratlam-Vadodra with family on-board.
I traveled from Dehradun to Vadodara in December and total drive time (excluding breaks) was just 15hrs and 30 mins. Whatever google maps suggests but the truth is for 425-450Kms on the Eway an average speed of 110KMPH can be easily maintained plus the Kota highway is quite vacant and average speed of 80KMPH is achievable. However, I agree with you on Mumbai-Delhi part, one will have to reach Vadodara for a decent stay and thus the drive won’t be equally distributed over 2 days. Also, even if starting early from Delhi, it will be late when you reach Vadodara and the Jhabua Section is not quite safe at night.
Rahkehs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2024, 10:18   #375
BHPian

Driving solo took the DME 23-25 March.
NCR - Jaisapura - Bhanpura - Thandla - Godhra - Vadodhra - Mira Road

Long story short - if you are travelling with kids / elderly / females I strongly recommend sticking to traditional route via Udaipur that has a lot more options. DME is not for everyone till the entire length is fully operational.

Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries-dme-map.png

Day 1: NCR - Dausa
I found only two food stops on this stretch unless you get off the expressway. The first one is at Bhagola which comes within the first 30 mins of entering the DME from Delhi and second one closer to Dausa. I was driving from Ranikhet that day and stopped at Dausa overnight.

Day 2: Dausa - Laslot - Jaisapura - Bhanpura - Thandla - Limdi - Limkheda - Godhra - Vadodhra

The RJ stretch of DME is open till Jaisapura beyond Laslot.

Jaisapura exit - Bhanpura Interchange entry
This is nearly 260 kms of mostly 4-lane highways and 2-lane roads, bypasses around towns and cities like Kota as well as some forest roads. The last 30 KMS through Ramganjmandi industrial area till you connect to the next stretch of DME at Bhanpura interchange was a misery - patchy surface some stretches passing through sheer villages and shared with heavy container truck traffic!

Bhanpura - Thandla
No stops, nothing to stop for not even fuel pump on this stretch - just set the CC at 120, try not to doze off. I had to get off the expressway take a 4KMs detour near Ratlam just to refuel.

Thandla - Limdi - Dahod - Limkheda - Godhra - Vadodhra
Exited DME at Thandla at 5 pm. Till Godhra Gmap routed me (and a couple of other vehicles also following Gmap) through some 2-laned rural roads with a lot of local 2/3 wheeler traffic (smooth recently laid surface though). But for the company of the other two, I would have been lost.

I struggled to find decent food / bathroom stops after Dausa till Godhra on this route. Stopped at Vadodhra at the end of Day 2.

Day 3: Vadodhra - Mira Road
subuiyer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks