Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2022, 17:18   #256
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries

Updates time!

I completed my Pune-Jaipur-Pune journey. Returned a couple of hours back.

So this is how it unfolded :
Onward journey:

Started at 1:30 AM from Pune and reached Jaipur same day around 7:30PM.

Route taken:
Chakan - Bytco Chowk - Dwarka Circle - Mardana - Gujri - Mandsaur - Chittorgarh- Jaipur

There was a massive jam at around Sendhwa and it I didn't want to waste time there by going to Manpur, so took a U-turn and went Through Gujri. The road is single lane but cemented and very well laid. It's laden with villages and one needs to be extra careful.

Return journey:
Started at 9:30 AM yesterday and reached today witha night hault at Vadodara.

Don't ask me why I took Jaipur-Sirohi-Ahemdabad-Mumbai-Pune route. But I did. It was a mistake!

Jaipur -Sirohi was fine with some construction/repair work in progress. Nothing to be worried about though.
From Sorohi-Abu Road-NE1: this is a traffic laden road and goes through populated areas. Best avoided.

Took a night halt at Vadodara as I was too tired driving through congested roads.

Except for the NE1, roads right till Mumbai Pune express way are in sorry state. It took me around 11 hours non-stop from Vadodara to Pune.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2022, 15:39   #257
BHPian

Did Mumbai-Jaipur run last Wednesday-Thursday. We were two people and both were able to drive so we decided to stretch till Jaipur without a night halt at hotel (We were planning to take halt at Vadodara overnight).

We started from Vashi around 16:30 after having out late lunch. Fortunately, we were able to cross Hotel Fountain within two hours. The road condition between Mumbai and Vadodara is a lot better than in monsoon as we were able to achieve good average speed despite of the truck traffic. We slept for two hours at a Petrol Pump near Shamlaji and then continued our onward journey. As we climb onto NH48 from the State Highways of Gujarat one is presented with the most wonderful winding roads till Udaipur. Also, this was the first time I took the NH52 through Bhilwara after crossing Nathdwara and what pristine roads those were, absolute charm to drive on that highway. I will repeat the cliché line ‘Rajasthan has one of the best highways in India’.

All in all we were able to complete the whole journey in 24 hours as we alternated the drive between the two of us. It was a good experience driving Nissan Kicks once again on this route. It returned a mileage of 19 Kmpl with lots of idling too. It truly is a mile muncher!!
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 20:30   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJunkie View Post
Hello BHPians,

I am planning to travel to Noida from Mumbai with my wife and 8 yr old son during the last week of August 2022. I would greatly appreciate input and advise from recent travellers on this route.

Thanks
How was the journey? I am going to do the same route in reverse from Noida to Mumbai with stops at Udaipur and Vadodara in a couple of weeks since I am driving solo and this will be my first time on this route. Hopefully, should be a fun adventure.
Old 7th December 2022, 22:40   #259

Hello everyone!

I am planning to do Delhi-Ahmedabad this weekend. Plan is to start on Friday afternoon as I have some unavoidable commitments in Delhi. Reach Jaipur and do a night halt. Now for the next day, which of the following routes is advisable??? :-

1. Jaipur-Ajmer-Beawar-Pali-Abu Road-Palanpur-Mehsana-Ahmedabad

OR

2. Jaipur-Kishangarh-Bhilwara-Nathdwara-Udaipur-Ahmedabad

I am travelling in a Thar but it is still under running in period and as recommended I would be maintaining speed of 80kmph max.

Thanks
Old 8th December 2022, 11:20   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilrs View Post
I am going to do the same route in reverse from Noida to Mumbai with stops at Udaipur and Vadodara in a couple of weeks
Hi Sunil,

Did you do the drive?
My 2 cents if you haven't, based on my latest drive earlier this year:
1) You can easily do Noida to Udaipur in 12-14 hours. Best practice is to leave early on Day 1 of any long-drive. So aim to leave by 5 am if possible. That ways, you reach Udaipur in good time (by 6 pm) and have a good night's rest. Hotel Paras Mahal in Udaipur is a good place just off the highway and has become a popular among BHPians (I have no connection with them, just used them for my own stops multiple times).
I am yet to do this via the Kishangarh-Bhilwara-Udaipur route, though that seems to have become a good choice after the recent road upgrade. I had take the usual Jaipur-Beawar-Udaipur route and didn't have any issues.

2) Unless you have some work in Baroda, you can again do Udaipur-Mumbai in 1 day. You can take it relatively easy by starting at 6 am too, but ofcourse after a good rest. The route via Modassa-Godhra-Halol stays solid! And after Baroda, roads have improved post-monsoons, even though traffic remains high on the Baroda-Mumbai sector.

Let us know how goes your drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler86 View Post
Hello everyone!

1. Jaipur-Ajmer-Beawar-Pali-Abu Road-Palanpur-Mehsana-Ahmedabad
OR
2. Jaipur-Kishangarh-Bhilwara-Nathdwara-Udaipur-Ahmedabad

Thanks
Option 1 without any doubt. The Beawar-Pali-Abu Road-Palanpur stretch was one of the best stretches I drove on my recent trip. Although this was at night, and private car traffic was sparse. Trucks were very disciplined. Overall, expect better average speeds on this route!
VT-RNS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2022, 20:37   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT-RNS View Post
Hi Sunil,

Let us know how goes your drive!
Hello - Thanks so much for the inputs, I am in the middle of the drive . Reached Udaipur in about 9.5 hours from Noida (left at 5.30 am and did a non-stop drive, except for a refuelling stop).The road after Jaipur is a dream to drive on. I took the Bhilwara route and the roads are in fantastic condition so far. Onwards to Vadodara tomorrow, I have some family and friends there, so will stop over for the night.
sunilrs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 17:57   #262
BHPian

Update: Six States Journey - Noida to Mumbai
U.P. - Delhi - Haryana - Rajasthan - Gujarat - Maharashtra

After 2 decades in corporate life, I decided to take the plunge into entrepreneurship and left my job in Delhi to start the new phase in Mumbai (My hometown).

I had taken my City to Noida when I moved for the current role but at that time had sent it with packers, this time, since I am no longer bound to a 9-5 role, I decided to do a solo drive the car back myself. Prior to this, my long journeys have never been more than 6-7 hours, so was quite excited for this trip. I had planned for two stops. Stop 1 in Udaipur (Hotel) and Stop 2 in Vadodara (with family).

I started the journey on a chilly Friday morning in Noida (Uttar Pradesh) at 5.30 am, after dropping off my room heater off with a cousin in Ghaziabad, hit the road for the first segment. After passing through Delhi in about half hour, I hit the Jaipur highway from Gurgaon (Haryana), despite an early start there was quite a bit of congestion due to trucks between Delhi and Jaipur (Rajasthan). I had carried some munchies with me and did not plan to stop on the way unless I felt really tired so except for a refuelling stop halfway between Jaipur and Udaipur and a couple of comfort breaks, it was a non-stop drive. The road between Jaipur and Udaipur through Bhilwara was really good and not at all crowded and I made good time reaching Udaipur around 3.15 pm. I spent the night at Pride Hotel, which was not too far from the highway. After a hectic 2-3 days, prior to the trip, I just slept the evening away, woke up to grab a drink and some food at the rooftop cafe in the evening.

The next day after a hearty breakfast, I hit the road around 9 am for Vadodara, the road in Udaipur was under construction in parts before continuing on the brilliant Golden Quadrilateral before turning off on the Modasa Godhra Highway and t then onwards to Vadodara. Even after the turn-off from the main highway, the road was quite good except having to slow down when passing through the towns on the state highway. I reached Vadodara at around 2 pm.

After spending the evening chatting with family and some great food, I was ready for the last segment of the drive today. I was out of their home by 5.45 am, carried some Khakra and sandwiches for the journey and before you know it, I was back on the awesome highway to Mumbai, it was clear sailing almost all the way through except for the stretch near Vapi town and Industrial Area and quite a bit of truck traffic near the Gujarat Maharashtra border. Other than that brief patch, it was smooth sailing all the way till I turned towards Thane and reached Ghodbunder Road around 11.30 am and stopped over at a friend's place for a cup of coffee and a Sunday at-home brunch before heading on home to Mumbai.

Overall, the roads are fantastic of course the toll for the journey came to about 1500 rupees but its money well spent for the pleasure of driving on these roads. I was also quite impressed with my 7 year old City, which effortlessly munched the miles without fuss or losing composure. I switched between audiobooks and music to kept myself entertained through the journey. I topped up the fuel tank twice in the journey, once at Udaipur and once at Vadodara.

We had the second generation 10th anniversary edition City from 2007 to 2019 and purchased the 4th generation City on 11th Dec 2015. Across the 2 cars, it is almost 20 years with the City, and it has been an absolutely hassle free ownership experience and it does everything you ask from it. I plan to stick with the current car which has just crossed 80,000 km for 2-3 years more before upgrading as of now.
sunilrs is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th December 2022, 00:46   #263
BHPian

Just completed a Gurgaon to Mumbai drive in my 2015 polo on Saturday, 12th Dec.

Had initially planned to do the entire trip at a single go, however a friend was in Vadodara, hence took a stop.

On day one, left Gurgaon at 4 am in the morning and faced quite a bit of fog until sun rose. Covered the first 700 kms and reached Udaipur in around 10 hours. Took the Chittorgarh-Mangalwad- dabok-udaipur route (nh48) as Maps showed this route as a faster one over the Nathdwara route (nh58). Both the roads however are fantastic.

Further, followed the NH48 until vadodara in the next 4.5 hours. On day one, covered 950 kms in 14.5 hours. This included a half an hour lunch stop and two ten minute breaks to stretch. The roads are butter smooth with some patches being resurfaced. Boredom set in more than fatigue while driving

On day two, left Vadodara at 1 pm and was greeting with the most terrible roads. NH48 for around 60 kms is in a terrible state. Post which there was quite a bit of traffic. Waited for dinner and reached bombay at 11 pm.

The only hazard i found during the entire trip is cows. Had a near miss twice when grazing cows decided to make a run.
seedyk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 21:37   #264
BHPian

After a years gap, drove from NCR to Mumbai on the 29th December.

Route:
  • Day1: Ghaziabad-Gurgaon-Jaipur Bypass-Bhilwara-Rajasmand-Udaipur
  • Day2: Udaipur-Shamlaji-Godhra Bypass-Vadodra-Surat-Mumbai

We left Ghaziabad at 7am, were lucky not to encounter fog anywhere en-route. First stop was Highway Express before Jaipur. Did not stop for lunch but took a few breaks for the kiddo. Took us 10.5 hrs to reach Udaipur. The Kishangarh-Bhilwara-Rajasmand stretch is so fantastic! Stayed at Howard Jhonson on the outskirts. Was a bit expensive for a overnight stay at 5.5K/room. Just average. I still recommend Justa Rajputana for a comfy overnight stay at Udaipur.

Started really late at 9am and paid a heavy price for it. It was butter smooth till Vadodra. Our first stop was at Jagdish around 1:30pm. Took a good 1+ hr break here. After Vadodra it was a nightmare, so many cars, trucks! With one more break for Tea, we entered Mumbai at 10pm. Luckily fountain had a delay of only 20mins.
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2023, 18:44   #265

Hello BHPians,

I am currently planning a magnificent road trip from my hometown, Roorkee in Uttarakhand, all the way to the bustling city of Mumbai in March.

I have meticulously identified a route that I believe will provide me with the best possible experience. My chosen route is as follows:

Roorkee - Meerut - Delhi Expressway - Eastern Peripheral Expressway - Dausa - Jaipur Bypass - Chittorgarh - Ratlam - Dhule - Nasik - Mumbai.

My aim is to cover this distance in 2 days. I am seeking suggestions on the best place to stay on the first night of my journey, as I am aiming to reach at least Ratlam by the end of the first day.

Thanks!
Old 28th February 2023, 20:46   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick658 View Post

Roorkee - Meerut - Delhi Expressway - Eastern Peripheral Expressway - Dausa - Jaipur Bypass - Chittorgarh - Ratlam - Dhule - Nasik - Mumbai.

My aim is to cover this distance in 2 days. I am seeking suggestions on the best place to stay on the first night of my journey, as I am aiming to reach at least Ratlam by the end of the first day.

Thanks!
Make it Chittorgarh - Udaipur - Modasa - Godhra - Vadodara - Mumbai. You can break for the night at Udaipur or at Vadodara. The road after Udaipur till Gujarat border is a driver’s dream.

The expressway is only open till a little beyond Dausa, so no point going towards Ratlam.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 14:18   #267
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians,
Am planning a drive from Jaipur to Pune in a Ford Fiesta.
Kindly suggest the best route as I am getting mixed suggestions from travle blogs/google maps, etc. Am helping a friend get his car back to Goa.
Thanks in advance.
Old 4th March 2023, 21:05   #268
BHPian

I travelled from Navi Mumbai to Delhi on 2nd and 3rd.

Total 1477 kms from my place near Panvel to Delhi.

Day 1 - Mumbai - Ahmedabad - Udaipur
Day 2 - Udaipur - Rajasmand - Beawar - Ajmer bypass - Jaipur - Delhi

Left my place before 7 am in the morning but it took around an hour and a half to leave Mumbai. The signal before Vasai creek was a bottleneck as always.
After a nice breakfast at the McD drive thru, finally got going at 9:30 towards our destination.

The drive was good though there was a lot of traffic, and the traffic increased once we entered Gujarat. Stopped for lunch at the food mall before Baroda at around 1:45 PM.

Got going from there after a light lunch at 2:40. The drive between Baroda and Ahmedabad on NE1 is a breeze but the issue that cars face is buses and trucks occupying the right 2 lanes forcing the car drivers to overtake (undertake) from the left most lane which is meant for emergency stops. That's an accident waiting to happen right there.

Near the end of the expressway there is a left turn for Delhi/Udaipur but I missed that and went straight on. This meant that instead of taking the ring road, I got stuck in Ahmedabad city traffic.

Finally left the city a bit after 5 PM. The drive between Ahmedabad to Udaipur has the advantage of not as much truck traffic as compared to the section before Ahmedabad.

There were a few sections where work for building a flyover over railway lines was going on, but apart from that the ride was smooth. If possible, I would advise that this stretch be covered during daylight. This is not for reasons of safety but because after entering Rajasthan, the ghat stretches are quite scenic and one would miss the rugged beauty of the place during the night.

Reached Udaipur around 9 PM and had already booked a pet friendly hotel near the city center since we were with our pet dog.

Next day, had a light breakfast and left Udaipur at 10 sharp. The drive till Rajasmand was quite good as others have noted. After that, the section till Beawar had a lot of diversions. This stretch used to be 2 lane the last time I had done the Delhi Mumbai drive a few years ago, and work is going on to widen it. But it will take at least 7-8 months best case to complete the work.

The silver lining was not too much of traffic, so there were no jams due to diversions.

After Beawar, the highway was butter smooth and this was the best section during our entire trip. There might be a tendency to overspeed on this stretch to make up for lost time but there are a few highway patrol cars with speed cams looking out for speed demons so better to keep within the speed limit.

Reached Jaipur outskirts around 3:45 PM and then we encountered jams due to multiple traffic lights one after the other. I briefly thought of taking a detour towards Dausa and try the newly opened Dausa-Sohna section of Delhi-Jaipur expressway but then decided against it. Turned out to be a bad decision in hindsight.

Too much of traffic after Jaipur. The last time I had done the Delhi Mumbai drive (which was 6 years ago), I remember that there were a few bottlenecks but don't recollect this kind of continuous traffic. Got stuck at Shahpura and then the worst jam before Dharuhera that I have dealt with in the last few years.

Another thing to note is that there are no food courts or food malls just after Jaipur and one has to travel quite a distance before decent places where one can get down if one is travelling with family appear.

All in all, the Jaipur Delhi section was the worst part of the trip when it was only a few years ago that this was considered a pretty good drive. Shows that the Delhi-Jaipur expressway will be a much needed relief.

Reached my destination in South East Delhi at 10:30 PM after negotiating further traffic jams at Gurgaon, which was a shame considering that I had hit Jaipur outskirts before 4 PM.

Will be doing the return leg from Delhi to Mumbai in a few weeks so any suggestions of alternate routes are most welcome.
devilking is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 10:13   #269
BHPian

Any inputs on the Deoli-Kota-Bhilwara-Udaipur route vs. the standard Jaipur-Kishangarh-Ajmer-Udaipur one? I have never tried the former, but showing up as an option.
Need to drive down to Surat on Sunday.
Old 22nd March 2023, 10:24   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
Any inputs on the Deoli-Kota-Bhilwara-Udaipur route vs. the standard Jaipur-Kishangarh-Ajmer-Udaipur one? I have never tried the former, but showing up as an option.
Need to drive down to Surat on Sunday.
Take the Kishangarh Bhilwara Chittorgarh route to Udaipur. Road is excellent all through. Don’t go via the Ajmer-Beawar-Nathdwara route, it’s in rough shape and widening work is in progress.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks