Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2023, 11:23   #286

Re: Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries

I am planning to drive down from Ahmedabad to Delhi next week with wife and parents, so washrooms are desirable en route. Was wondering if anybody took the Abu road - Pali - Jaipur route recently and how does that compare with the Udaipur - Nathdwara - Bhilwara - Jaipur route, which seems to be the more popular choice lately?
Old 7th May 2023, 14:28   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet20 View Post
I am planning to drive down from Ahmedabad to Delhi next week with wife and parents, so washrooms are desirable en route. Was wondering if anybody took the Abu road - Pali - Jaipur route recently and how does that compare with the Udaipur - Nathdwara - Bhilwara - Jaipur route, which seems to be the more popular choice lately?
Hi, I did go on both the routes last year during Diwali time. At that time, both the routes were good but the Bhilwara route had much less traffic and hence more pleasure drive. That being said, the Abu road route has more eateries option.
sahil624 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2023, 10:42   #288

I am planning to travel from Gurgaon to Dahod and then to Ahmedabad in June (second week). I understand that the NE4 is informally open from Kota till Dahod. It is possible to plan the drive from NE4 from Gurgaon-Lalsot and then again get on the expressway at Kota till Dahod?
Old 24th July 2023, 12:30   #289

Thanks for this detailed report. It's very helpful. I am planning to do the Delhi (GK1) to Mumbai (Chembur) in the second week of August, with my dog and wife. Curious to know if you managed to identify any pet-friendly stays in this route. We are planning to only drive during daylight hours and hence plan to stay at Udaipur and Baroda/Surat.
Old 24th July 2023, 16:42   #290

Hi Quasimodo,

Glad to meet a fellow pet parent. I travel with 2 dogs and my wife. Have done this stretch a few times in the last 2 years and doing it again (Del-Mum) on 29-30th July.

Did Bom-Dehradun on 10th July. Took a stop in Ahmedabad (Regenta) and Ajmer (Taj Pratap Mahal).

Quite a lot of pet friendly options in Udaipur and Rajasthan. Last year had stayed at Udaipur at Tatsaraasa, which is pet friendly but slightly off the regular highway. You can check Tree of Life, Taj etc. too.

Have stayed at Vadodara (Vivanta & Comfort Inn) but never stayed at Surat.

Check out Pawcation_india on Instagram, they have a host of recommendations.

Roads are not an issue till one enters Gujarat, where during rains, it just is in absolute shambles. Took us 14 hours last year from Vadodara to Bombay. (Started at 5AM).

Had done the other route (Mum-Nashik-Indore-Agra-Dehradun) last year but there is a lack of pet friendly stay options in Indore.

Planning our route for the month end, will be starting from Delhi. Thinking of Delhi-Nagpur-Mumbai, just to try out the new expressway between Nagpur and Mumbai but still in two minds. Would welcome suggestions.
rd_maverick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2023, 19:03   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd_maverick View Post
Roads are not an issue till one enters Gujarat, where during rains, it just is in absolute shambles. Took us 14 hours last year from Vadodara to Bombay. (Started at 5AM).
Woah, 14 hours! I just saw another update on Mumbai-Ahmedabad thread where a BHPian took 12 hours from Vadodara to Mumbai. 12 to 13 hours is what takes me to drive to between Udaipur and Mumbai.

Via Nagpur? Why though, that is way off, not sure you checked the KMs but I bet it won't be a few hundred KMs. Given the road conditions between GJ and MH. The other best option is via Indore.

I am all set to drive down to Mumbai in the last week of August, if there are no positives updates on NH48, it is going to be: G.Noida-Agra-Gwalior-Guna-Indore (halt)-Nasik-Mumbai.
Old 7th August 2023, 11:48   #292
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to do this route on 12th (coming Saturday) and I have a few queries:

1. GPS is showing Noida-Gwalior-Indore-Nasik-Mumbai as the faster route at all times of the day (over the Noida-Gurgaon-Udaipur-Vapi route). Anyone who has travelled recently on the former, and can share tips?

2. There is a commitment on 13th evening, so I am planning to cover maximum possible distance on day 1. Indore is shown to be 14 hours (doable) but Nasik is 22 hours (too much of a stretch)! Any suggestions for halts midway between Indore and Nasik?

3. Besides the above, any suggestions for good hotels not too far off the highway are welcome. I am alone, so the only requirement is air conditioning and secured parking.
Old 10th August 2023, 17:04   #293
DSJ

Hello there, noticed from your post that you are traveling this Saturday, from Noida to Mumbai. Have you finalised your route ? Do kindly advise us on the route taken, the condition of the roads, and also the overnight stops... I am planning a trip (much later down the year though) and it would be very helpful to get tips from you on the drive.

Safe travels..

Hi there.. how was your trip ? We also travel with our pet and it would thus be very helpful to get some details on the stops and the places that you stayed, during the trip. What was the route that you took ?

Await to hear from you.

Thanks

Last edited by GTO : 22nd December 2023 at 13:02. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 10th August 2023, 23:38   #294

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd_maverick View Post
Hi Quasimodo,

Glad to meet a fellow pet parent. I travel with 2 dogs and my wife. Have done this stretch a few times in the last 2 years and doing it again (Del-Mum) on 29-30th July.

Hi

Which route did you take for your trip? I'm also planning to travel from Delhi to Mumbai around 14 Aug & confused between Agra-Gwalior-Nashik or Jaipur-Udaipur-Surat?
Old 18th August 2023, 21:28   #295
BHPian

Hey guys, seeing a lot of queries but no updates.

Did anyone take the trip?
Old 20th August 2023, 11:03   #296
DSJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasimodo View Post
I am planning to do the Delhi (GK1) to Mumbai (Chembur) in the second week of August, with my dog and wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsri01 View Post
Which route did you take for your trip? I'm also planning to travel from Delhi to Mumbai around 14 Aug & confused between Agra-Gwalior-Nashik or Jaipur-Udaipur-Surat?
Hi,

How was your trip? We also travel with our pet and it would thus be very helpful to get some details on the route, the condition of the road, the stops and the pet friendly places that you stayed, during the trip.

Await to hear from you.

Thanks for your time on this.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 20th December 2023 at 16:19. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+ functionality to quote multiple posts.
Old 20th August 2023, 16:53   #297
BHPian

I did Mumbai to Vadodara and back on 9th and 19th August 2023 respectively. I found the road conditions as it were the last time I travelled. The road conditions were good and while going from Mumbai I took around 9 hours including one hour of stoppage time (Google Maps showed 8 hours to complete the trip) and while coming back to Mumbai it took around 9 hours 30 minutes including some one hours of stoppage time(Google Maps showed 8 hrs 45 minutes).

All in all the road conditions were decent and may be a few weeks back during heavy rainfall the conditions might have worsened but now it’s okay.
sahil624 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2023, 23:18   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJ View Post
Hi there.. how was your trip ? We also travel with our pet and it would thus be very helpful to get some details on the route, the condition of the road, the stops and the pet friendly places that you stayed, during the trip.

Await to hear from you.

Thanks for your time on this.
Hi

I travelled via Agra-Gwalior-Nashik route as we had to visit a relative in Bhopal. No idea about pet friendly stays as we didn't have any.

From Agra till Gwalior, the roads had good city traffic. Gwalior to bhopal was a nicely paved. Bhopal Indore Nashik was good with some rough patches. Nashik to Mumbai was a pothole ridden road.

One note of caution: Roads through MP had a good number of cattle. ( Cows primarily). So it'll be difficult to maintain good speeds.
abhinavsri01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 12:09   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJ View Post
Hi there,
Reaching out to check if you've finished your trip from Delhi to Mumbai, and to also ask on the condition of the roads enroute, and where you stayed during the trip. We also travel with our pet and hence interested to know of the pet friendly places that you would recommend. Await to hear from you, please. Thank you.
Hi,
We are travelling this Saturday. Booked a well recommended pet friendly stay in Udaipur at Anandam- A luxury resort. Not really on the highway but a slight bit of luxury after a long drive doesn't hurt. Our next stop is in Baroda where we booked an airbnb, very close to the highway. Goes by the name of MeaRoh homestay. It's very basic. Will write about the experience after the trip
quasimodo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 13:03   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
I did Mumbai to Vadodara and back on 9th and 19th August 2023 respectively. I found the road conditions as it were the last time I travelled. The road conditions were good and while going from Mumbai I took around 9 hours including one hour of stoppage time (Google Maps showed 8 hours to complete the trip) and while coming back to Mumbai it took around 9 hours 30 minutes including some one hours of stoppage time(Google Maps showed 8 hrs 45 minutes).

All in all the road conditions were decent and may be a few weeks back during heavy rainfall the conditions might have worsened but now it’s okay.
Thank you. 9 hrs 30mins seems to be on the higher side. It takes us about 12 to 13 hrs from Udaipur to Mumbai. I am thinking of breaking my trip into 3 days, have to drive onward to Pune the very next day I reach Mumbai and will be a lot for my 1 yr old boy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks