Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2022, 14:16   #241

Re: Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries

Hello BHPians,

I am planning to travel to Noida from Mumbai with my wife and 8 yr old son during the last week of August 2022. I would greatly appreciate input and advise from recent travellers on this route.

This is the route iam planning to take:

Mumbai - Bharuch - Vadodara - Halol - Godhra - Modasa - Nathwara - Beawar - Ajmer - Kotputli - Jaipur - Delhi - Noida

I am thinking of leaving between 5-6 am from Mumbai (Andheri W) to reach Udaipur by 9-10pm

Also how is the MP route via Indore and Gwailor - is it safe enough?
If anyone has recently taken this route, please advise on road conditions or any alternative routes.

Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 16:49   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJunkie View Post

Mumbai - Bharuch - Vadodara - Halol - Godhra - Modasa - Nathwara - Beawar - Ajmer - Kotputli - Jaipur - Delhi - Noida

I am thinking of leaving between 5-6 am from Mumbai (Andheri W) to reach Udaipur by 9-10pm

Thanks
You can read about my trip in https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5300588 (Rajasthan Road Trip : Queries). That was undertaken in April 2022. Many other forum members have also commented on feasibility of Mumbai - Udaipur on a single day. It is comfortably doable and much before the timelines set by you.

As regards via Gwalior, I can only advise till Guna / Jhansi. Please see my comments in https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5313554 (Lucknow to Mumbai : Route Queries).

Considering the safety aspect, I would prefer the Udaipur route although I must admit that I have no knowledge of Jaipur - Delhi or Guna / Jhansi - Delhi legs of the trip.
ts75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 17:50   #243
BHPian

Quote:

If anyone has recently taken this route, please advise on road conditions or any alternative routes.

Thanks
Hey TrailJunkie,

The route selected is good, and you can read multiple posts in this same thread, just go back few pages.
In a nutshell:
1) Aim to leave home by 5 am latest. The more you delay, the more traffic you encounter in Mumbai outskirts as well as Surat bypass. This will allow you to reach Udaipur within daylight or dusk (atleast I have). Usually takes me 12 hours to Udaipur but with a kid, even with extra stops, shouldn't be more than 13-14 hours tops. A hotel that I prefer in Udaipur as its off the main highway is Paras Mahal. Good rooms, ambiance and food. Solid value proposition for the two times I have used them.

2) Udaipur to Noida took me 12 hours again the next day, and we left at 8 am after breakfast. Even accounting for additional traffic, this stretch shouldn't take more than 14 hours with extra stops.
The Rajasmand to Beawar stretch doesn't have good many rest-stops so I would recommend stopping before or after the stretch.

3) For the route to Delhi NCR via Indore-Agra, here is a post (Mumbai - Dehradun Route) from earlier today for a similar query on another thread.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!
VT-RNS

Last edited by VT-RNS : 16th August 2022 at 17:52. Reason: typos
VT-RNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 17:51   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians,

Thanks
Nathdwara to Beawar is basically undrivable. It it totally dug up, four laning is in progress. You’ll be better off going to Ahmedabad from Vadodara. Then, Mehsana - Palanpur - Sirohi - Pali - Beawar.

You’ll have to cross Ahmedabad city, but rest of the route is very good. Will save time and effort.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 19:19   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Nathdwara to Beawar is basically undrivable. It it totally dug up, four laning is in progress. You’ll be better off going to Ahmedabad from Vadodara. Then, Mehsana - Palanpur - Sirohi - Pali - Beawar.

You’ll have to cross Ahmedabad city, but rest of the route is very good. Will save time and effort.
Undrivable?

When did you drive on this stretch?
Old 17th August 2022, 19:50   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Undrivable?

When did you drive on this stretch?
About 15 days back. My Compass must have scrapped 10-15 times
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 13:28   #247

Hi folks,

I am planning to drive down from Baroda to Delhi during the Diwali holidays.

Plan is to leave on Friday afternoon of the Diwali weekend and overnight at Udaipur.

Baroda - Udaipur, Section 1, Day 1 (1/3rd the distance to Delhi):
From Baroda to Udaipur, it's a no brainer to go Baroda - Halol - Godhra - Modasa - Ratanpur Border and then to Udaipur.

Last I traveled on this route was before the monsoons.
1. At Godhara go through the city only if in the city before 9am; else take the bye-pass.
2. Route from Ratanpur to Udaipur is six-laned and amazing. Ghat section is attractive, but don't drive at more than 90kph.
3. Setting cruise control between 80-100kph, even a leisurely drive takes on to Udaipur in 5.5 hours maximum.

Udaipur - Delhi, Section 2, Day2 (remaining 2/3rd the distance to Delhi):
Plan leaving by 7am. via Nathdwara - Bhilwara - Kishangarh - Jaipur - Delhi. Estimate 12 hours of driving in to Delhi.
Haven't done this route in a while and therefore have some questions:
1. How's the Nathdwara - Bhilwara road?
2. I have seen some comments regarding four laning work on the Nathdwara - Beawar - Ajmer route and therefore the decision to go via Bhilwara. Any further updates on this route?
3. How's Jaipur Delhi? Again a little worried about the timing on this route since I hear this road is perpetually under repairs and add to it the Delhi - Jaipur traffic; which could potentially be worse with the Diwali weekend around?

Any friendly suggestions will be most forthcoming.

Vehicle I will be using: Innova Crysta, 2.8G. Prefer it more than any of the other luxury sedans or SUVs for the sheer long driving comfort and space for kids.
Old 21st September 2022, 15:47   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedatecruiser View Post
Hi folks,

I am planning to drive down from Baroda to Delhi during the Diwali holidays.

Haven't done this route in a while and therefore have some questions:
1. How's the Nathdwara - Bhilwara road?
2. I have seen some comments regarding four laning work on the Nathdwara - Beawar - Ajmer route and therefore the decision to go via Bhilwara. Any further updates on this route?
3. How's Jaipur Delhi? Again a little worried about the timing on this route since I hear this road is perpetually under repairs and add to it the Delhi - Jaipur traffic; which could potentially be worse with the Diwali weekend around?

Any friendly suggestions will be most forthcoming.

Vehicle I will be using: Innova Crysta, 2.8G. Prefer it more than any of the other luxury sedans or SUVs for the sheer long driving comfort and space for kids.

1. The Nathdwara - Bhilwara - Jaipur road is in good condition. No major damages or repair works going on.
2. Yes, The Nathdwara - Beawar road is currently being 4-laned. From Bhim to Beawar, there are several stretches that have diversions or are currently broken. Avoid it.
3. Jaipur Delhi has some potholes too and yes, the regular traffic. Recently did this in early morning hours and was able to do good times. I took about 3 hours to cover the distance but I started at about 5:00 in the morning. Be a little careful and look for potholes and bad patches just around Jaipur just as you cross the city towards Delhi.

You are doing the trip in an Innova so should be a comfortable drive.
acquillew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 23:32   #249
BHPian

I too am planning to drive from Mumbai to Jaipur during the Diwali weekend with a night halt at Vadodara. Just seen that Google Maps is now showing a time of 13 hours 40 minutes to reach Jaipur from Vadodara. Earlier it used to be 12hours 30 minutes. Plus the Google Maps is now showing the Nathdwara-Bhilwara route as the default one.
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:06   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahil624 View Post
I too am planning to drive from Mumbai to Jaipur during the Diwali weekend with a night halt at Vadodara. Just seen that Google Maps is now showing a time of 13 hours 40 minutes to reach Jaipur from Vadodara. Earlier it used to be 12hours 30 minutes. Plus the Google Maps is now showing the Nathdwara-Bhilwara route as the default one.
What route do you see from Vadodara to Udaipur? Is it via Ahmedabad or via Godhara. Via Godhara is faster, and better given very low traffic.

I have done Jaipur Baroda in 12 hours a couple of times. The Ghar section between Udaipur and Ratanpur border is now much better so should ideally be faster.
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:23   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedatecruiser View Post
What route do you see from Vadodara to Udaipur? Is it via Ahmedabad or via Godhara. Via Godhara is faster, and better given very low traffic.

I have done Jaipur Baroda in 12 hours a couple of times. The Ghar section between Udaipur and Ratanpur border is now much better so should ideally be faster.
I see the route from Vadodara to Udaipur via Godhra.

I have done this route 4-5 times now and every time through Nathdwara-Beawar-Ajmer. However, now I think four lane work is underway on this route, thus Google Maps is showing the route Nathdwara-Bhilwara route.
Old 26th September 2022, 15:28   #252
BHPian

I know this thread is about Mumbai - Delhi, but trying my luck here for Pune-Jaipur road conditions. Any pointers will be a great help!

I will be travelling over the weekend with my son in toe in my Ecosport.

Google has suggested the following route:

Pune - Gujri - Ratlam - Mandsaur - Neemuch - Nimbahera - Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Nasirabad - Kishangarh - Jaipur

Thanks in advance!
Old 29th September 2022, 15:44   #253
BHPian

We just drove on Sept 10 in the reverse direction Jaipur - Kishangarh - Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Neemuch - Ratlam - Sendhwa - Dhule - Manmad - Sinnar - Sangamner - Narayangaon - Chimbali - Hinjewadi. Highways in RJ are in great shape, while those in MP & MH are two lane which is generally fair driving till Manmad. Manmad to Sinnar is a highway without median. Sinnar to Sangamner is a good highway with the road quality gradually deteriorating from Sangamner to Alephata. Post Alephata we experienced a congested drive to Chimbali in view of the road expansion works. Guess the traffic situation will be better if you are leaving Pune early. Hope this helps

Regards,
C'pao

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
I know this thread is about Mumbai - Delhi, but trying my luck here for Pune-Jaipur road conditions. Any pointers will be a great help!

I will be travelling over the weekend with my son in toe in my Ecosport.

Google has suggested the following route:

Pune - Gujri - Ratlam - Mandsaur - Neemuch - Nimbahera - Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Nasirabad - Kishangarh - Jaipur

Thanks in advance!
chorispao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2022, 16:33   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorispao View Post
We just drove on Sept 10 in the reverse direction Jaipur - Kishangarh - Bhilwara - Chittorgarh - Neemuch - Ratlam - Sendhwa - Dhule - Manmad - Sinnar - Sangamner - Narayangaon - Chimbali - Hinjewadi. Highways in RJ are in great shape, while those in MP & MH are two lane which is generally fair driving till Manmad. Manmad to Sinnar is a highway without median. Sinnar to Sangamner is a good highway with the road quality gradually deteriorating from Sangamner to Alephata. Post Alephata we experienced a congested drive to Chimbali in view of the road expansion works. Guess the traffic situation will be better if you are leaving Pune early. Hope this helps

Regards,
C'pao
Appreciate your inputs!! This will surely help!

I usually start very early, like 1:00 or 2:00 AM. So city traffic won't be a concern, but thanks for the tip!
Also, I take the Pune - Sinnar - Bytco chowk - Dwarka chowk on to the NH3. Though slightly longer, I find this route faster and safer.

If I got that right, road between Gujri and Neemuch are single lane, but in good condition, correct?
Old 29th September 2022, 16:46   #255
BHPian

Only the drive from Malegaon-Manmad-Lasalgaon-Sinnar was road without median though the condition of the road is good. Rest all are two lane with median and then three lanes in parts of MP & RJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
If I got that right, road between Gujri and Neemuch are single lane, but in good condition, correct?
chorispao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks