Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2020, 13:12   #91
BHPian

Re: Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSB View Post
Thanks for the review. I am planning Gurgaon to Pune by end Oct with my wife and son. Just wanted to check the pros/cons of using the traditional NH-8 route vs what you used. Look fwd to your inputs. Thanks a bunch! Cheers.
Hi JSB. When are you planning this trip ? I am also considering a trip with Family from Noida to Pune around 24th October. Not able to PM you hence posting it here.
Old 28th September 2020, 13:18   #92
JSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
Hi JSB. When are you planning this trip ? I am also considering a trip with Family from Noida to Pune around 24th October. Not able to PM you hence posting it here.
Hi Shankar, i am planning for around Nov first week
JSB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 13:57   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Shankar, i am planning for around Nov first week

Great. I am considering the route Via. Indore as I have some relatives there to catch up to. The review of this route is decent as shared by sinharishi in one of his travelogue to Mumbai. I will try and share updates before you commence your journey.
Have a safe trip.
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 15:25   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
You might also want to consider the Delhi - Jaipur- Chittorgarh - Ratlam - Dhule - Nasik - Mumbai route. Did this on the other way round last month and it's super roads all through with no such jams etc ..
Sorry for jumping in Krishna ! If I read correctly, you did Mum-Nasik-Dhule-Ratlam-Chittorgarh-Jaipur-Delhi last month ? If yes, how are the roads and if can you give more inputs on the route, breaks, food, stay etc? I am scheduled to drive solo, Mumbai to Delhi in my Brezza. Anything and eveything you can give me on that route will be helpful.
Old 29th September 2020, 22:24   #95
Senior - BHPian

Hi Deepesh - I did this a few years back and not last month please. I don’t know the latest on this.
Old 30th September 2020, 14:52   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepeshKarnik View Post
Mumbai to Delhi
Read Rishi's posts from previous page. Going be recent feedback on GQ route from the monsoons you are better off doing Bombay-Nasik-Indore-Shivpuri-Gwalior-Agra-Delhi.
Old 8th October 2020, 13:42   #97

Hi All,

Am planning a road trip from Mumbai to Delhi along with my wife and 8 years old son.

This will be my FIRST EVER road trip excluding drive downs to Mahbaleshwar, Matheran and Shirdi.

Following is what we have decided, BUT need some expert feedback to give us greater confidence to undertake this trip -

1. We intend to undertake a 2-nights trip, with the 1st halt being Ahmedabad and 2nd being Ajmer. 1-night trip could get too tiring and stressful especially as we avoid driving after sunset. Is there any other route which we may have missed out on?

2. Intention is to stay at high quality branded hotels in both Ahmedabad and around Ajmer; we assume that such hotels will take better precautions than others. Given that both my wife and i have recovered from Covid around a month ago, we do believe that 100% safety is impossible anywhere.

3. Any suggestions on high quality food locations between Mum-Ahm and Ahm-Ajmer will be highly appreciated

4. Any feedback on the current state of roads OR avoiding a particular route is highly appreciated?

We are a bit nervous, but excited at the same time.

Look forward to as many suggestions as possible on this forum.

Thank you
Old 12th October 2020, 12:08   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankursharma1979 View Post
Hi All,

Am planning a road trip from Mumbai to Delhi along with my wife and 8 years old son.

This will be my FIRST EVER road trip excluding drive downs to Mahbaleshwar, Matheran and Shirdi.

Following is what we have decided, BUT need some expert feedback to give us greater confidence to undertake this trip -

1. We intend to undertake a 2-nights trip, with the 1st halt being Ahmedabad and 2nd being Ajmer. 1-night trip could get too tiring and stressful especially as we avoid driving after sunset. Is there any other route which we may have missed out on?

2. Intention is to stay at high quality branded hotels in both Ahmedabad and around Ajmer; we assume that such hotels will take better precautions than others. Given that both my wife and i have recovered from Covid around a month ago, we do believe that 100% safety is impossible anywhere.

3. Any suggestions on high quality food locations between Mum-Ahm and Ahm-Ajmer will be highly appreciated

4. Any feedback on the current state of roads OR avoiding a particular route is highly appreciated?

We are a bit nervous, but excited at the same time.

Look forward to as many suggestions as possible on this forum.

Thank you
Between Surat & AMD - there are a few Sugar & Spice food courts which are very clean and offer good fare. Baroda to AMD, ensure that you take the NE1 and not the NH.

AMD to Ajmer, take the Palanpur - Sirohi - Pali route and definitely not via Udaipur. The roads are excellent except for a 20km patch between Unjha and Palanpur. Quality food options are a bit scarce in this stretch. Ramdev dhaba in Sirohi is extremely popular but crowded. Highway Holt (sic) 10km odd after Sirohi is a new place, clean and bereft of crowds.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 12:28   #99
JSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
Between Surat & AMD - there are a few Sugar & Spice food courts which are very clean and offer good fare. Baroda to AMD, ensure that you take the NE1 and not the NH.

AMD to Ajmer, take the Palanpur - Sirohi - Pali route and definitely not via Udaipur. The roads are excellent except for a 20km patch between Unjha and Palanpur. Quality food options are a bit scarce in this stretch. Ramdev dhaba in Sirohi is extremely popular but crowded. Highway Holt (sic) 10km odd after Sirohi is a new place, clean and bereft of crowds.
Hi, any reason why Udaipur should be avoided? I thought that's the best way to reach Ajmer from Baroda (not AMD). I was planning to bypass AMD altogether and go Baroda-Godhra-Modasa-Udaipur-Rajsamand-Beawar-Ajmer. Any better route than this?
Old 12th October 2020, 14:42   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post

Thank you Abhijit.

1. Could you please elaborate upon, why should one avoid Udaipur?

2. Why does Google keep showing AHM-AJMER via UDAIPUR? Like i said, we are undertaking such a journey for the first time, therefore, internet has been our biggest source of information including google maps

3. We preferred Mum-Del via Ahmedabad and not via Vadodara, as MUM-AHM (530 kms) and AHM-AJMER (via UDAIPUR 548 kms)...total 1078 kms are equidistant, thereby giving uniformity to driving over both days; on the other hand, MUM-VADODARA (422 kms) is quite less a distance vis a vis VADO-AJMER (609 kms) which makes driving on day2 heavier than day 1. Total distance till Ajmer is 1031 kms (around 47 kms less than the AHM route)...what is your view?

We do not intend to drive once it gets dark.

Request all the experts to give suggestions.

Thank you
Old 12th October 2020, 15:07   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, any reason why Udaipur should be avoided? I thought that's the best way to reach Ajmer from Baroda (not AMD). I was planning to bypass AMD altogether and go Baroda-Godhra-Modasa-Udaipur-Rajsamand-Beawar-Ajmer. Any better route than this?
The AMD Udaipur stretch is pathetic. It is under construction throughout and has millions of diversions. I drove on this route last week (258km 5h 10m) and was frustrated with the diversions which themselves are in pathetic shape. Near Rishabdev, there was a huge traffic jam with a long line of trucks on both sides, due to construction work. On my return I came via Pindwara - Palanpur and covered 341km in 5h 20m. Blissful it was.

I too am going to Jaipur later this month and will be taking the Pali route for sure. A colleague of mine just returned from Delhi along the Pali route and reports that it still is in excellent shape.
cpabhijit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 17:18   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankursharma1979 View Post
Thank you Abhijit.

1. Could you please elaborate upon, why should one avoid Udaipur?

2. Why does Google keep showing AHM-AJMER via UDAIPUR? Like i said, we are undertaking such a journey for the first time, therefore, internet has been our biggest source of information including google maps

3. We preferred Mum-Del via Ahmedabad and not via Vadodara, as MUM-AHM (530 kms) and AHM-AJMER (via UDAIPUR 548 kms)...total 1078 kms are equidistant, thereby giving uniformity to driving over both days; on the other hand, MUM-VADODARA (422 kms) is quite less a distance vis a vis VADO-AJMER (609 kms) which makes driving on day2 heavier than day 1. Total distance till Ajmer is 1031 kms (around 47 kms less than the AHM route)...what is your view?

We do not intend to drive once it gets dark.

Request all the experts to give suggestions.

Thank you
Google shows the following

1 AMD Ajmer (via Mehsana Pali) - 548kms 9:38
2 AMD Ajmer (via Udaipur Rajsamand) - 524kms 10:13

I suggest you take the 1st option where you'll save time and money (fuel) and the drive will be stress free and all this for only 24kms extra. Also, the stretch from Rajsamand to Beawar is mostly 2 lane, without divider. I went on this route last year and on the return took the Pali route. Pali is 4 laned throughout and the tarmac is excellent.

I'm not sure about the road conditions on Baroda Godhra Modasa stretch. My pick would be BOM AMD Mehsana Pali AJMER 1073kms.
cpabhijit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2020, 19:14   #103

Route Report for Dombivili (Thane) to Gurgaon (Delhi NCR)

Planned Route
Dombivili - Thane - Vapi - Surat - Bharuch - Vadodara - Godhra - Modasa - Shamlaji - Udaipur - Nathdwara - Beawar - Ajmer - Kishangarh - Jaipur Bypass - Gurgaon.

Onward Day 1 (Sep 26th, Saturday)

Route Taken
Dombivili - Thane - Vapi - Surat - Bharuch - Vadodara - Godhra - Modasa - Shamlaji - Ambaji - Abu RoadNotes
  • Started from Dombivili at 0415hrs.
  • Smooth sailing till Shamlaji - where we learnt that the Rajasthan border was closed due to protests at Dungarpur.
  • Changed course and entered RJ via Ambaji - Abu Road.
  • All tolls paid via FastTag. All tolls in the GJ SH are free for cars.

Onward Day 2 (Sep 27th, Sunday)

Route Taken
Abu Road - Sirohi Road - Sirohi - Pali - Beawar - Kishangarh - Jaipur Bypass - Gurgaon.
  • Total Distance- 709 kms
  • Time Taken- 13 hrs
Notes
  • Started journey at 0515.
  • Great four lane road with minimal traffic from Abu Road till Beawar
  • Great six lane road from Beawar up till Kotputli.
  • Slowed down in the Behror-Manesar stretch due to heavy local traffic and some bad roads.
  • All tolls paid via FastTag.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th October 2020 at 04:19. Reason: Typos
adityaKushwaha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 08:31   #104
ais
BHPian

Im planning Chandigarh to Mumbai next week in my Baleno.

I've driven Mumbai to Indore in March 2015 via Indore. Superb road from Mumbai to Indore. Indore to Jaipur had 2 lane initially, then 4 lane. Till Panipat via Rewari was good as relatively newly made.

March 2019 was via Udaipur. The road from Mumbai till within Gujarat were rutted and very heavy traffic. Roads in Rajasthan were mainly 2 lane (I should have taken Turbunator and gone via Beawar). NH8 to Panipat via Rewari has degraded.

Any idea about the current state of roads via Indore? Maps is showing via Jhalawar, a route I've not used. I want to minimze travel time in last leg so I can reach Mumbai around 6pm or so.
Old 19th October 2020, 10:49   #105
ais
BHPian

In above post, I meant ' Turbunator' advice in relevant post'.

Im also thinking of Chandigarh-Jodhpur-Ahmedabad- Mumbai route.

Any advice?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks