Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2022, 18:02   #226

Re: Delhi - Mumbai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yes, but off late, too much rush. It can be a challenge and time consuming depending on the time of the day.
I travelled thru this route on 9th Apr on a trip to Vadodara from Gr. Noida. Heavy truck traffic and speed breakers with no marking made the commute a nightmare. This stretch was so tiring and stressful even in the new Safari that we took a 2-hours break to relax before retiring to the hotel at Udaipur. It took me almost 3 hours to cover this distance.

I am returning back on Saturday from Vadodara and the thought of this ordeal is giving me goosebumps.

I am travelling with an infant and 8 yrs kid, so seeking feedback on the other route Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Kishangarh from recent travellers.

Thanks

Mod Note - Please proofread before submitting.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st April 2022 at 21:08. Reason: Typo
Old 21st April 2022, 19:49   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauryan View Post
I am traveling with an infant and 8 yrs kid, so seeking feedback on the other route Udaipur - Chittorgarh - Bhilwara - Kishangarh from recent travelers.
As I mentioned it depends on the time of day. Another member posted about this route recently and he was quite satisfied.

The other route is Udaipur- Nathdwara- Bhilwara. You don’t need to go to Chittorgarh. After crossing Nathdwara, there’s a new highway that connects with Bhilwara. I will prefer this route as it also skips the truck traffic between Ajmer to Kishangarh. Also, you should try to cross Bawal before 9 as otherwise, expect super high volume of trucks. I will advise you to leave Udaipur immediately by 8 Am.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 19:44   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
As I mentioned it depends on the time of day. Another member posted about this route recently and he was quite satisfied.
Agreeing with your point.

I took the risk to take the same route while returning. I noted the time & distance and to my surprise this time it took only 1 Hour 38 mins to travel the same distance of 125 KM.

The main difference was the time of the day. Previously it was almost the night when I completed my journey and this time I took this around noon.

Also, now on multiple stretches, the double lanes are operational so it saves some time. The only issue I still faced was the non-marking of the bumpers.
Old 8th May 2022, 09:54   #229
BHPian

Hi All,

I drove from Mumbai to Chandigarh in Oct 20. That time i did the route in three days .
Day 1 : Mumbai to Ahmedabad. Went to Ahmedabad as my brother was posted there and spent a night with the family.
Day 2 : Ahmedabad to Jaipur.
Day 3 : Jaipur to Chandigarh.
Being an early starter i left each location at 0530 hrs and found the drive very enjoying throughout, reaching my halt places by afternoon.
Now i have to go Mumbai from Mohali after two weeks for a month and i want to take different routes while going and coming back. Also can do in three to four days at a leisure pace.
While going from Mohali since will be fully loaded halts will be only overnight.
However on return can stop for a day or two at some locations.
Looking for some suggestions for route-out and route-in too.
Old 8th May 2022, 10:08   #230
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Looking for some suggestions for route-out and route-in too.
You can try going back via Jodhpur. Ambala- Hissar highway is a breeze and you will cross Hissar in no time. Beyond Hissar, I recollect around 100 km is 4 laned but later 2 laned but very good roads. You can stay at Jodhpur on day 1 or some resorts in that region (will be very hot though)

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Chan...19.0759837!3e0

Or can do a stop at Udaipur which will be relatively cooler or even go to MountAbu. You can use the same Ambala- Hissar route and go Kishangarh or the GT Road till Panipat and then to Panipat- Bawal - Jaipur route.

https://goo.gl/maps/wj7whfZDM46VsQqY7

Note - Google still shows an under-construction - Ambala- Narnaul highway, this is not fully constructed with some bridges still being built- don't use this road!
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2022, 12:28   #231
BHPian

Thanks. I plan to come back via Hisar along what i call the "western route". Planning a night halt also there in the cantonment.
From Mohali to Mumbai, i was thinking of taking the so called "eastern route". Mohali-Gwalior-Indore-Nashik-Mumbai. A leisure drive with three night halts along this route. This way going and coming back routes are different and more enjoyable.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Moha...19.0759837!3e0
How are the road conditions on this route.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 09:45   #232
BHPian

Quote:
From Mohali to Mumbai, i was thinking of taking the so called "eastern route". Mohali-Gwalior-Indore-Nashik-Mumbai. A leisure drive with three night halts along this route. This way going and coming back routes are different and more enjoyable.
So route finalised as Mohali-Gwalior-MHOW-Deolali-Mumbai.
Will post inputs after completing the drive in first week of Jun

Return will be in Jul on route
Mumbai- Vadodra- Udaipur- Jaipur-Hisar- Mohali
Old 23rd May 2022, 13:04   #233
BHPian

Quote:
So route finalised as Mohali-Gwalior-MHOW-Deolali-Mumbai.
Will post inputs after completing the drive in first week of Jun

Return will be in Jul on route
Mumbai- Vadodra- Udaipur- Jaipur-Hisar- Mohali
I am driving from Chandigarh to Pune end of this month. I've done the Pune-Mumbai-Suraj-Baroda-Halol-Mehsana-Udaipur-Jaipur route multiple times, but this is the first time I'm going Solo. June last year was a breeze with buttery smooth roads, completed the journey in 2 days in the 2013 OG Thar.

Was initially planning to take the same MHOW route, but with the urgency to reach in 2 days, I've decided to stick to the tried and tested route.

Plan to return around the same July End/August time frame. I'll wait for your inputs, would like to try this route as well.
Old 15th June 2022, 11:46   #234
BHPian

I am considering driving from Mumbai to Noida in 2017 Tiago Petrol. The reason to do so is strictly because I am thinking of leaving the car in Noida (have to separately do the research of changing the RTO registration etc.) as the car would be needed there and I have another car here in Mumbai to take care of me. Just wanted to feedback of fellow members who have recently traveled on this route. I'll be traveling along with my wife, but she doesn't know how to drive so I will have to drive all the way.

Last 2 years, I have been getting my car serviced from a FNG. I went to him to show a minor issue and asked if the car is road worthy for such a long trip. He was very confident and told me to go ahead. He said before I leave, I should just show the car to him for him to check the fluids, but that should be more of a customary one as he is quite sure that everything is in order.

Let me know what all should I consider before going for such a long journey. I can send the car through a trailer also, but I rather prefer to drive it down.
Old 15th June 2022, 11:59   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Just wanted to feedback of fellow members who have recently traveled on this route.
My parents did this drive a few weeks back. Posted here.

They split the journey in two days:

Day 1:
Gurgaon - Jaipur - Ajmer: NH48
Ajmer - Udaipur (outskirts): NH58
Udaipur (~ Sukher road) - Himmatnagar: NH48
Driving time: 15 hours

Day 2:

Himmatnagar - Ahmedabad - Baroda - Mumbai - Pune: NH48
Driving time: 14 hours

You may have to account for an additional hour or so on day 2 since they started from Manesar, and you'll be going to Noida. Similarly, your first day will be shorter since you start from Mumbai. You can take your stop further beyond Himmatnagar. Do notice the bypass for Udaipur.

Do the journey by road, the both of you will cherish it.
Old 16th June 2022, 18:23   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
My parents did this drive a few weeks back. They split the journey in two days:

Day 1:
Gurgaon - Jaipur - Ajmer: NH48
Ajmer - Udaipur (outskirts): NH58
Do not drive Ajmer - Udaipur as road construction work is underway.

Consider doing Jaipur- Kishangarh- Nasirabad- Udaipur. The newly constructed 6 lane road is amazing and traffic is sparse. If you plan properly and leave early, you can do this stretch in about 12 hours with comfortable breaks.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 16th June 2022 at 20:24. Reason: Broken quote tags
RajeevSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 13:39   #237
ais
BHPian

Planning Mumbai to Chandigarh in a Baleno.

Looking for the best roads. Thinking of Mumbai to Indore as last time I did this in Feb 2015, the road was excellent. Driving time is shorter compared to Udaipur, which is having turbulence as well presently.

Then Indore to Jaipur/Ajmer and then to Chandigarh after another night halt.

Advise please.
Old 19th July 2022, 18:18   #238

I am also planning a trip from Pune to Chandigarh end July. Looking for suggestions for stay at Vadodara for a family of three, preferably near the NH 48 highway itself. And also, the best route for the road trip.
I heard that a new expressway has opened between Jaipur and Ambala? Any feedback on this ?
Old 23rd July 2022, 14:56   #239

Hey folks,

Planning a trip to Ahmedabad from Gurgaon in August (2nd week), in my Karoq.
Will be grateful for suggestions from anyone who has travelled in the recent past.

Planned route - Gurgaon - Kishangarh - Beawar - Pali - Sirohi - Palanpur- Mehsana - Ahmedabad.

Inclining towards a 5.30 Am start & pulling it off in a single day, hoping to reach Ahd by 8-9PM. Does this seem doable with 3 breaks for food/ stretch?

In case it seems too much of a stretch, then may break the journey in Udaipur, though preference is to do it in 1 day (i understand it will be physically taxing)

Any feedback from folks who have done the route recently?
Suggestions on the route/ alternate basis road conditions? How much worse would the roads be with the 1-2 months of rains?
Any suggestions/ information on availability 95 RON petrol on the route?
Suggestions for breaks/ pit stops on the route?

Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 09:58   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj112 View Post
Hey folks,

Planned route - Gurgaon - Kishangarh - Beawar - Pali - Sirohi - Palanpur- Mehsana - Ahmedabad.

Inclining towards a 5.30 Am start & pulling it off in a single day, hoping to reach Ahd by 8-9PM. Does this seem doable with 3 breaks for food/ stretch?

Thanks
Hello,

Planned route is good. Timing wise, I would start earlier at 5 am if possible.
I would recommend not keeping a fixed goal of # of breaks. Ideally you want to stop & stretch or take a break every 3 hours at a maximum. Do read the thread on long distance driving to get some tips if you haven't done such a long drive before.

From my recent experience, I did the Abu Road to Jaipur stretch from evening 6 pm to 1 am and felt very comfortable driving on the highway as its a min of 4 lanes and road quality between Abu Road & Beawar was fantastic. Thereafter, it gets 6 lanes till Gurgaon, though road quality is not great in parts. However, i felt the tarmac quality was better on the other side (Gurgaon to Jaipur to Beawar) so you should be good.
[PS: This was part of my Mumbai-Delhi drive, where I did Mumbai-Jaipur on a very long day 1, and then Jaipur-Delhi the next day with a relaxed start]

Enough restaurants on Gurgaon-Jaipur stretch. Thereafter, you might not get as much variety like the Gurgaon-Jaipur stretch till you reach Abu Road, but its still much better than most other highways. In fact, till Beawar you are largely sorted. I didn't stop at any place between Abu Road & Beawar so don't have any specific recommendations.

Once you enter GJ, plenty of food options. Road quality is fine, but there were some road works happening on the SH that connects Palanpur to Mehsana. The Mehsana bypass itself was only half done, the other half was not great. But as you are gonna be reaching there by evening, hopefully traffic would be sparse (I drove in early evening peak hour rush).

Hope this helps! I love driving on this route as its one of the most populated and comfortable roads to drive. Even the Truckers drive well, generally maintaining lanes. Have fun in the Karoq! Will be quite a ride to enjoy on this long drive

Cheers!
VT-RNS is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks