Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 12:46   #31
BHPian

re: Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGNarain View Post
Hi Heman_369, thanks for your update. I am planning on visiting Harihareshwar in the first week of August.
Can you also please tell us what route you took from Shrivardhan to Pune and if the entire road was torn up or only some sections were bad.

Thanks
Shrivardhan-Mhasala-Mangaon-Vile MIDC-Tamhini-Mulshi-Pune.
Shrivardhan Mhasala is narrow road with considerable monsoon damage.
Mhasala-mangaon road is in decent shape.
Mangaon- Vile MIDC in decent shape
Tamhini ghat till Mulshi about 40km is in very bad shape
heman_369 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 16:25   #32
BHPian

I'm planning a trip to Diveagar post Diwali via Raigad. I'm considering 2 options - 1) via Bhor-Varandha-Mahad 2) via Khopoli-Mahad.

Hs anyone done these routes recently? Any feedback/suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st October 2013, 16:33   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
I'm planning a trip to Diveagar post Diwali via Raigad. I'm considering 2 options - 1) via Bhor-Varandha-Mahad 2) via Khopoli-Mahad.

Hs anyone done these routes recently? Any feedback/suggestions welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Vineet
I have recently done both.

Khopoli-Pali-Mahad route:
  • Khopoli till Pali, road is good, except for few rough patches in between. No crater like potholes
  • Once you exit Pali, road is excellent till Mahad. Mahad to Raigad again is in better shape
Bhor-Varandha-Mahad:
  • Bhor till Varandha is in good shape.But somehow once you leave Bhor, the journey seems endless till you reach Varandha
  • I was some 15kms short of Mahad from end of Varandha, so can't comment on that last 15km stretch. But it should be in good shape
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 17:36   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Hi Vineet
I have recently done both.
Thanks Dodge_Viper. How much was the travel time and distance on both the routes.
vineet_k21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 00:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_k21 View Post
Thanks Dodge_Viper. How much was the travel time and distance on both the routes.
Hi

Wakad-Bhor-Varandha took almost 5-5.5 hours. This included breakfast and innumerable photoshoot breaks.

Vashi-Khopoli-Mahad-Raigad base took 4.5 hours including breaks.

I am assuming you are visiting Raigad first and then Diveagar, so I would suggest Bhor-Varandha route. With this you will directly land in Mahad. But make sure you leave Pune as early as possible.

Are you planning to hike Raigad or via ropeway?
Old 22nd October 2013, 13:41   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
Hi

I am assuming you are visiting Raigad first and then Diveagar, so I would suggest Bhor-Varandha route. With this you will directly land in Mahad. But make sure you leave Pune as early as possible.

Are you planning to hike Raigad or via ropeway?
Yes, Raigad first and then head to Diveagar. Ropeway to go up the Raigad since there are 5 kids in the group.

- Vineet
Old 22nd October 2013, 14:24   #37
BHPian

As per Google maps, Pune-Tamhini-Raigad is the shortest (126km) and fastest (slightly above 3 hrs). Typically after monsoon, Tamhini road gets horrible, so not sure whether this is a preferred option.

Has anyone tried this road recently (Sep/Oct)?
Old 1st November 2013, 13:04   #38

Hi,

I know the information I'm asking was mentioned before in this thread. But I would like to get a recent update.
I'm travelling from Pune (Pimple Saudagar / Wakad side) to Diveagar tomorrow morning in my Santro. I'm thinking of taking the Tamini route to go and Mumbai-Pune highway, Khopoli, express highway route to come back (Sunday or Monday). Any suggestions?

I would especially like to know the conditions of roads now that the monsoon is over.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
Benny
Old 20th November 2013, 16:09   #39
BHPian

Just came from Pune-Raigad-Dive Agar-Pune trip. While going to Raigad we took Pune-Varandha-Mahad-Raigad route which is slightly longer but road conditions were expected to be better than Tamhini. Well, not really! It's slightly better but may not be worth the extra distance.

On return from Dive Agar, we contemplated a lot whether to take Tamhini or Khopoli route right till Mangaon. Then on an impulse opted for Tamhini. The starting stretches are so good that you feel stupid doubting this route. The real fun starts Vile! By the time you reach Pune, you get more than enough experience similar to putting a vibrator belt around your waist! Really don't understand why they can't repair Tamhini route? It's been in this condition for years. I had the exactly same experience even 5 years back when I travelled on this route.

Btw, there's a new bypass built by MIDC which avoids Vile gaon completely and is a nice road. One more caution - there's no fuel station between Mangaon and Paud. In case of emergency you need to take a detour to Vile-Bhira for petrol (which I had to...unfortunately).

Although, overall trip was fantastic, the journey was average. Trust google maps for accurate directions but not the travel times mentioned.
vineet_k21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 12:12   #40
BHPian

I returned from Dive Agar trip yesterday. Roads after Paud and around Mulshi dam are average. Tamhini ghat roads are bad. Once you enter Raigad district, the roads improve for a while. Mangaon to Mhasala are average, and Mhasala to Dive Agar are bad again. The travel takes unduly long time.

Heard from a hotel owner that the Mangaon - Dive Agar route is declared as a State Highway and he expects the roads to be much better in the next few years.
Musaafir is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2014, 15:07   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musaafir View Post
I returned from Dive Agar trip yesterday. Roads after Paud and around Mulshi dam are average. Tamhini ghat roads are bad. Once you enter Raigad district, the roads improve for a while. Mangaon to Mhasala are average, and Mhasala to Dive Agar are bad again. The travel takes unduly long time.

Heard from a hotel owner that the Mangaon - Dive Agar route is declared as a State Highway and he expects the roads to be much better in the next few years.
Thanks for update. I am planning family trip in weekend. I have WagonR, do you think i can take my own car or shall i hire something more capable line Xylo/Inova? Considering bad roads

Any suggestion for overnight stay?

Last edited by idea : 7th January 2014 at 15:18.
Old 13th January 2014, 12:29   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
Thanks for update. I am planning family trip in weekend. I have WagonR, do you think i can take my own car or shall i hire something more capable line Xylo/Inova? Considering bad roads

Any suggestion for overnight stay?
Xylo/Innova are the best, but I think WagonR can do it. You need to take the rough patches very carefully though. There are potholes at places and road humps at other. Please be vigilant.

There are several homestays at Dive Agar. Most of them are not on the beach though. We were three friends and stayed in Anandyatri. It's an average hotel, and the food was good. They have a website. We also saw a few upmarket hotels and resorts. If you are not traveling on a weekend, you can find rooms on the spot. Else it is best to reserve the accommodation in advance.
Old 26th April 2014, 01:28   #43
BHPian

Planning to drive down from mumbai to diveagar next weekend.

As i understand one can travel from
1. mumbai - expressway - khalapur/khopoli pali road - mangaon - mhasala - diveagar
2. mumbai - pen - nh17 - mangaon - mhasala - diveagar

any updates on how good/bad the khalapur/kopoli pali road is, and also are there any improvements on the mangaon - diveagar section?

How much time should i budget for this drive?

Planning to take my fiesta - ground clearance comfort is an issue if the roads are bad.
Old 26th April 2014, 14:55   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post

1. mumbai - expressway - khalapur/khopoli pali road - mangaon - mhasala - diveagar

any updates on how good/bad the khalapur/kopoli pali road is, and also are there any improvements on the mangaon - diveagar section?

Planning to take my fiesta - ground clearance comfort is an issue if the roads are bad.
I think Route-1 is the better option . Good road till Diveagar. Less traffic in this route.
Otherwise, you can take 2nd Option.
Here is my travel experience. (From post No : 87 )

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...iveagar-6.html

Last edited by KALINGA : 26th April 2014 at 15:01.
KALINGA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 09:30   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberwhizs View Post

Hi cyberwhizs

Recently took the khopoli-pali road on 15th April. The road is in excellent condition. Won't be an issue for your Fiesta. Infact we took the old NH4-Khopoli-Pali route. Pali till Mangaon is again good, but lot of diversions.

Also there are lot of unnecessary rumbler strips from Pali onwards. Take them easy .

I would suggest to avoid Pen Vadkhal since it is always in chaos.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks