Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2021, 17:53   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries

Did Pune- Shrivardhan (+Harihareshwar) over the weekend. Must say, the road conditions in general have drastically improved when I visited the place about 2 years ago.

Route taken: Pune - Mulshi - Tamhini - Nizampur - Mangaon - Mhasala - Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar.

Here's my quick update.

Pune - Mulshi: ok road conditions. Drivable, but ridden with potholes.

Tamhini ghat: fabulous road condition. Newly minted. Absolute pleasure to drive on the asphalt.
However, side effects of having a wonderful tarmac in ghat - saw couple of hairpin bends littered with crashed cars

Tamhini - Nizampur - Mangaon: very good road condition. Concretization underway at most places. Few bad patches between concrete sections.

Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-img_0890.jpg

Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-img_0891.jpg

Mangaon - Mhasala: good road conditions. Concretization complete at most sections. Few bad patches between concrete sections.

Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-img_0894.jpg

Mhasala - Shrivardhan: slightly better than motorable road conditions.

Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar: good condition, however 2-lane.

Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-img_0977.jpg

Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-img_0979.jpg

Overall, I would give 8/10 for the road trip. Took us 4.5 hours one-way including a break for tea & snacks.

Last edited by JoshMachine : 9th March 2021 at 17:56.
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 20:07   #92
BHPian

Dear All,

Is there any recent update on the Tamhini ghat please ?
I am travelling to Dapoli beach and both Tamhini and Varandha are equally worse it seems.

Thanks
Rohan
Old 10th January 2022, 20:22   #93

Hello all,

Has anybody travelled recently to Tamhini ghat? just wanted to know if the condition is good? I will be travelling to Mahad with family and would be taking this route instead of the Varandha Ghat as it was really bad two weeks ago.

Any recent news on this would be great.

Regards,
Girish
Old 10th January 2022, 21:25   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickg2 View Post
Has anybody travelled recently to Tamhini ghat?.....Any recent news on this would be great
Check the last few posts on this thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5230956 (Pune - Dapoli : Route Queries)

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 10th January 2022 at 21:49.
Old 12th March 2022, 22:33   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Did Pune- Shrivardhan (+Harihareshwar) over the weekend. Must say, the road conditions in general have drastically improved when I visited the place about 2 years ago.

Route taken: Pune - Mulshi - Tamhini - Nizampur - Mangaon - Mhasala - Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar.
road condition. Concretization underway at most places. Few bad patches between concrete sections.

Attachment 2130573

Attachment 2130574

Mangaon - Mhasala: good road conditions. Concretization complete at most sections. Few bad patches between concrete sections.

Attachment 2130575

Mhasala - Shrivardhan: slightly better than motorable road conditions.

Shrivardhan - Harihareshwar: good condition, however 2-lane.

Attachment 2130579

Attachment 2130580

Overall, I would give 8/10 for the road trip. Took us 4.5 hours one-way including a break for tea & snacks.
Please can you/anyone share if to take Mhasala bypass on the way back from Diveagar?

Google maps directs via city which has busy market and construction bottlenecks. There was a pamphlet from Pune to Diveagar side to turn left and take bypass. Didn’t know where it will meet, so didn’t take. Saw an earthen road join later. Is that a safe option?
Old 13th March 2022, 08:44   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd18 View Post
Please can you/anyone share if to take Mhasala bypass on the way back from Diveagar?

Google maps directs via city which has busy market and construction bottlenecks. There was a pamphlet from Pune to Diveagar side to turn left and take bypass. Didn’t know where it will meet, so didn’t take. Saw an earthen road join later. Is that a safe option?
See the portion of the bypass:

Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-capture.png

If you arrive from the 'right' side of this map, i.e. from Pune, you will see the HP petrol pump just before the bypass. That is the cue for you.

Ideally, you should take the Mhasala city road to cross through and proceed towards Diveagar (the blue road, towards left north of this picture). Shrivardhan / Harihareshwar is towards the bottom half of this picture (the yellow road below).

Sometimes, there are local police/town authorities who will put a barrier and force you to take the bypass. Try and plead with them to allow you to take the city. If you reach that bypass well before the peak traffic times (mornings/evenings), then they will allow you.
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2022, 18:57   #97
BHPian

Quote:
See the portion of the bypass.
Ideally, you should take the Mhasala city road to cross through and proceed towards Diveagar (the blue road, towards left north of this picture). Shrivardhan / Harihareshwar is towards the bottom half of this picture (the yellow road below).
Thanks. Took the route via this town, and thankfully traffic was less. Hotel manager also suggested same, as bypass is not fully ready anyway.

For those wanting to check route updates. Takes around 4:30 hours with break. Route is mostly good but expect bad patches/washed away roads in some places , post monsoons.

There are some bottlenecks in Mulshi, Tamhini, Mangaon crossing, Mhasala etc. experience will depend on traffic on the day. Roads are mostly well carpeted/concrete ones but can suddenly change in patches. Added pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-3a25d1c12b2343c885e943f9a3f6efb2.jpeg  

Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-a2ca64220f23404e85e4e32ac5017194.jpeg  

rd18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th March 2022, 17:58   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Took the route via this town, and thankfully traffic was less. Hotel manager also suggested same, as bypass is not fully ready anyway
Any good restaurants in/around Diveagar?
We are heading there tomorrow, so would be great to know if you can recommend any.
Old 18th March 2022, 00:47   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Any good restaurants in/around Diveagar?
We are heading there tomorrow, so would be great to know if you can recommend any.
Oh nice, enjoy the long weekend then.

First telling you on the way options which we stopped at.
After crossing Tamhini ghat there is Orchad cafe. Buffet system, good for a break.

On the way back, we choose “quick bite” at Mulshi. Both very popular. Expect crowds.

For Diveagar, Patil khanaval is quite famous and needs to booked in advance for thali meals.
It’s a sleepy village, so many local homes cater to tourists. Don’t miss Modak (suhas is famous) / opposite ganesh mandir (+plenty to shop like pickles etc.)

Exotica resort (approved by MTDC) near beach allows only guests at restaurants but ambience was attractive. Naughty waves resort, next to it, maybe you can try if you prefer ambience and music. Not sure of walkins.

If you are going towards srivardhan, harihareshwar side as well, there will be more options. But expect similar feel of lazy village, simple food and value for money meals.

Stayed at coconut fly with infant, hence didn’t venture much. BHPians may like/dislike the fact they give free car wash daily to all their guests.
Attached Thumbnails
Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-27ebbd29c0264a77899b042b6670376a.jpeg  

Last edited by rd18 : 18th March 2022 at 00:49. Reason: typo
rd18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 17:05   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh nice, enjoy the long weekend then.
---
For Diveagar, Patil khanaval is quite famous and needs to booked in advance for thali meals.
It’s a sleepy village, so many local homes cater to tourists. Don’t miss Modak (suhas is famous) / opposite ganesh mandir (+plenty to shop like pickles etc.)

Exotica resort (approved by MTDC) near beach allows only guests at restaurants but ambience was attractive. Naughty waves resort, next to it, maybe you can try if you prefer ambience and music. Not sure of walkins.

If you are going towards srivardhan, harihareshwar side as well, there will be more options. But expect similar feel of lazy village, simple food and value for money meals.
Thanks for the very useful suggestions. We had a very good time at Diveagar and found all your recommendations quite helpful

We had checked-in at the "Exotica by the sea" and tried some local food at the "Patil Khanaval". Had to place an advance order for the food.

The overall experience while driving to the place, was also much improved as compared to last year. The pace of concretization has increased at quite a few places. However, this makes the roads durable but not so pleasurable to drive.
JoshMachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 14:51   #101
BHPian

Bumping up this old thread, going to Srivardhan from Pune on Thu 21 March for 2 night stay.

Can someone advise on which route is recommended based on latest conditions - Via Tamhini ghat or via expressway exiting at Khopoli and then through Durshet, Pali?
Old 19th March 2024, 15:10   #102
BHPian

Went there in January. And a friend went there 10 days back. The route via Tamhini ghat is in excellent condition. No need for round-about routes.

Take breaks during the ghat section to avoid passengers getting motion sickness and enjoy your drive.
antz.bin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2024, 15:30   #103
BHPian

+1 to what antz.bin said.

We do Mangaon-Pune trip via Tamhini Ghat at least twice a month, and the roads are excellent till Mangaon (I can't comment on the road till Diveagar as lately I have not been there). Earlier, we used to be wary of traveling via this route, but frequent travel and excellent tarmac have also helped.

Last edited by ex-innova-guy : 19th March 2024 at 15:32.
ex-innova-guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 16:05   #104
BHPian

Did a morning drive today from Pune to Aravi beach in Srivardhan in my Safari Adventure XZA+. Took the Tamhini ghat route and boy o boy...what a lovely tarmac it has become. I am totally in awe of the drive on this road today. Honestly I enjoyed the surface more than I did on Atal setu last week. Absolutely flawless asphalt road with perfect road signage etc. The most beautiful and surprising part was lack of any digging or speed breakers in the entire stretch. I hope it stays that way. I don't think I can remember a better drive than this on any roads I have ever driven. And the Safari with the HPS steering was such fun to drive on the winding roads - kept me smiling ear to ear. I will let the picture do the talking .
Attached Thumbnails
Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-img_20240321_160339.jpg  

Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 17:01   #105
BHPian

Last month only we had visited Diveagar and Pune to Mangaon and Mangaon to Diveagar both the roads are in excellent condition.

Pune to Mangaon especially the Tamhini ghat section is just perfect. The road is so smooth, you will just love to take all the twists and turns at good speeds. Mangaon to Diveagar is concrete road now and is much wider. But it is quite rough as compared to Pune to Mangaon (which is tarmac one).

Start early in the morning from Pune and you would certainly love your drive as you would almost find very less number of vehicles enroute your journey!!
satya_ip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks