Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2015, 18:40   #61
BHPian

re: Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD2122 View Post
Vehicle: A tavera or xylo would suit you although with 10 avg. builds it is best to have 2 vehicles for comfort esp. with winding ghat sections. If only one vehicle then go for Winger. Not sure if it would be too big for a group of 10.

Route: Pune - Mulshi - Tamhini - Mandgaon - Diveagar. Some time back when I came through Tamhini, new layer was being laid on some sections of the road. So road condition should be better now. Enjoy your trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandip View Post
Dear Engine_Roars,

I had been to Diveagar last to last weekend.
We stayed at Maitreya Beach resort - it ranked in the top 3 in trip advisor. We had a fabulous stay and the manager Mr. Subodh , runs a wonderful team of people who will make you comfortable.
We also saw a group (Lupin, most probably), check in to that place.

Please note, that this hotel (like ALL others), is a 5 min walk from the beach. We did not see any porpoerty ON the beach.

Hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
If you want to stay right next to the beach....
Shortest route to take would be Pune->Tamhini->Nizampur->Mangaon->Mhasala->Dive Agar. There is Orchard Resort at the end of Tamhini Ghat (just before Vile MIDC) where you can break and have tea/lunch etc. They serve buffet lunch which is quite good. Nice clean restrooms etc.

The longer route would be to take Pune->Express Way->Khopoli->Pali->Wakan (NH17)->Mangaon->Dive Agar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me@fiat View Post
Recently we had been to diveagar. The route which we took was
Pune->Express Way->Khopoli->Pali->Wakan (NH17)->Mangaon->Dive Agar.

We were put up in hotel Pearl beach resort. Resort is just 5 mins walk from the beach. The resort was neat and clean. Their food was just awesome specially Nonveg. The Manager Mr. Kadam took care of us really well, whatever we asked he made it available. He himself is a good cook. If you go to Divegagar there are couple of things that you should visit, there is one resto which is famous for it's Fish thali it's just 3-4 mins walk from resort and another place which is famous for Veg food, these guys serves awesome Modaks. right now not able to recollect the names of the resto but, diveagar is a small town so anyone should be able to help you out with actual names.
Thanks for all the information guys, all of this is surely going to help us plan the trip well. As of now, things have gone under discussion again due to non-availability of some team members on the 2nd. Will update this thread if at all this trip materialize.
Old 4th May 2015, 11:01   #62
BHPian

Did a short trip to Diveagar from 1st May to 3rd May 2015.
Went via Tamhini ghat, Mangaon ,Mhasala. Abosolute delight to drive on these roads. Only 2-3 Kms of what we can call bad roads, Otherwise the roads are just super.

I took my Polo Tdi this time and boy... It was a very satisfying drive indeed.
I returned yesterday with a big

P.S:
There is a roadside restaurant named ' Saumili' at left side after crossing into Pune district from Raigad district. Had lunch there yesterday while returning.
Had awsome 'Tandul Bhakri with Zunka. It was excellent.

Cheers,
AB
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 17:40   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coriollis View Post
Did a short trip to Diveagar from 1st May to 3rd May 2015.
Went via Tamhini ghat, Mangaon ,Mhasala. Abosolute delight to drive on these roads. Only 2-3 Kms of what we can call bad roads, Otherwise the roads are just super.

Cheers,
AB
How much time did it take you to reach there from Pune? And did you take the route from Mangaon to Lonere to Mhasala or directly from Mangaon to Mhasala?
Old 8th October 2015, 21:53   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdadevil View Post
How much time did it take you to reach there from Pune? And did you take the route from Mangaon to Lonere to Mhasala or directly from Mangaon to Mhasala?
I went from Mangaon to Mhasala directly. Roads are awesome barring a few places. Took Mhasala bypass. Roads are not in great shape here but advisable if you are at evening rush hours near Mhasala which has some narrow roads.
It took me 2.5 hrs from Kothrud.

Cheers
AB
coriollis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2015, 01:04   #65
BHPian

Updates on pune-mangaon-shrivardhan road. The only bad patches are before you each tamhini ghat. Those too are being repaired. However watch out for the odd crater. Roads in tamhini ghat are smooth which is a suprise. Roads after that are good as usual. Infact they have removed all speed breakers on the short new MIDC road near POSCO. A drivers delight to cross those straight 4-5 kms after the twists n turns.
Old 16th August 2016, 15:04   #66
BHPian

Did a Pune Diveagar drive over the independence day weekend in my Storme. There are some bad patches before Tamhini ghat starts and some after we take a right turn towards Diveagar at Mangaon. A little careful driving primarily due to intermittent potholes in these stretches is required. Overall a pleasant experience and the entire stretch is so beautiful with umpteen waterfalls enroute.
DragonRider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 15:42   #67
BHPian

Folks, has anyone traveled to Diveagar from Mumbai recently? Would be great if you can let me know.
Old 17th November 2017, 09:49   #68

Re: Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries

Hello friends,

Any updates on Tamhini Ghat road conditions? Will be travelling from Pune to Murud & was thinking of taking this route.
Old 5th November 2018, 13:58   #69
BHPian

We are going to Diveagar on 8th November from Pune. Does anyone here know about the road condition on the Tamhini Ghat route post the monsoon? I will be driving my 6 year old Figo and would appreciate any inputs/suggestions for the route.
Old 9th November 2018, 23:13   #70
BHPian

Hi Naresh,

I think I'm late and you have already rattled your self!

Tamhini ghat is ok-ok, bad to worse in patches. Paud to Mulshi is broken. There are some bad pot holed patches in Bhugaon and Pirangut.
Tamhini to Mangaon via Nizampur is fine.

Warning:Road work in progress between Mangaon and Mhasala NH97. Do not take right turn from Mangaon, drive south till Lonere and take the right to Mhasala NH99. Roads are good

It takes 2.5 hours to cross Tamhini ghat, with stops can take around 3 hours to reach Mangaon from Chandani chowk.

Similar time of 2 to 2.5 hours via Lonere is required to hit the beach.

Cheers
surjaonwheelz is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 15:28   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post

Warning:Road work in progress between Mangaon and Mhasala NH97. Do not take right turn from Mangaon, drive south till Lonere and take the right to Mhasala NH99. Roads are good
Thank god I took the Lonere route. Saw the road closure signs on google maps and thought not to take risk as I was riding pillion. I went through Mhasala town braving the little traffic instead of that bypass. How is the condition of the bypass now? Few years back I had taken and regretted it big time.
Old 13th November 2018, 09:04   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
How is the condition of the bypass now? Few years back I had taken and regretted it big time.
On Friday, bypass was mandatory one way to enter Mhasala town from Mangaon. May be to streamline the long weekend rush. Cars were coming from the bypass huffing-puffing so assume roads are still bad. In addition, tourists were getting lost for Diveagar, as one had to re-enter Mhasala from the other side and take left towards Karsai. They eventually landed in the Shrivardhan to Diveagar route.

I trust the brown MTDC (Maharashtra tourism) sign boards for navigation. But they should have put a notice (flex) at Mangaon warning against the road work in progress at least for this season (November to February)

Thanks
surjaonwheelz is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 10:10   #73
Senior - BHPian

Tried Mulashi-Tamhini route for Shrivardhan on bikes, sharing road condition on route.

Patch work has been done at many places till Paud barring few spots near Bhugaon, Pirangut; so road surface is drivable if not smooth. Road surface detoriates after Mulashi and at many places there is hardly any road surface left. Achieving good speeds is a challenge for vehicle like Bolero or luxury SUV like Merc GLE. 2-wheelers can go bit faster compared to 4-wheelers. This should be good for adventure tourer bikes although I didn't spot any during my journey.

Tamhini ghat road still has good quality tarmac left except for few spots on turns.

Nizampur route: Faster, shorter route with added enjoyment on long straights near Posco plant

Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-route1.jpg

Kolad route: Road towards Kolad has been relaid and has 10Kms of excellent tarmac. Going via Kolad is longer by 20Kms, tried it to enjoy riding on NH17 bit longer.

Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-route2.jpg

Passing through Mangaon can be a pain(slow moving traffic) but with plastic barriers at least one doesn't get to see hasty overtaking attempts.

I didn't take Mangaon exit to Shrivardhan but took Lonere-Goregaon route. Although this section doesn't have any cement road-work going on, road surface isn't smooth and bikes can tramline if not careful.

Mhasala bypass: I tried to avoid it but due to traffic jam had to use an internal lane to reach bypass. In current state, bypass is off-roader's delight. Rocks, loose gravel/soil all welcome you to try leaving throttle, brakes and just steer your way on some sections.

Coastal road that connects Diveagar & Shrivardhan is good for a leisurely drive/ride.
sukiwa is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 12:16   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surjaonwheelz View Post
On Friday, bypass was mandatory one way to enter Mhasala town from Mangaon. May be to streamline the long weekend rush. Cars were coming from the bypass huffing-puffing so assume roads are still bad. In addition, tourists were getting lost for Diveagar, as one had to re-enter Mhasala from the other side and take left towards Karsai. They eventually landed in the Shrivardhan to Diveagar route.

I trust the brown MTDC (Maharashtra tourism) sign boards for navigation. But they should have put a notice (flex) at Mangaon warning against the road work in progress at least for this season (November to February)

Thanks
Came across this thread. I visited Diveagar on 22nd December and 23rd December 2018.

We started from Pune and took Tamhini ghat road. The road condition till the place where Pune PWD maintains the road is pathetic. It will take 2.5 hours or more to cover the 70km stretch from Pirangut till PWD limit board of Pune. As soon as Mumbai PWD division starts, the road is very good.

Took Vile Bhagad MIDC road till Mangaon where you can maintain decent speeds.

Instead of taking right to Mangaon, we decided to drive 10 odd kms on Panvel-Goa highway and take Goregaon road to Diveagar. The Goregaon road is decent and speeds can be maintained all the way till Mhasala. Police stopped us before Mhasala and told us to take bypass route. The bypass is in absolute shambles. It should be repaired on priority basis if real intention is to de-congest Mhasala town. The red arrow turn should be used for Diveagar.

Pune - Diveagar : Route Queries-diveagar.jpg

As you soon as you exit Mhasala bypass, there is a small right to take to Diveagar. We missed it and after 4 km we realized our mistake. Or else we would have reached Shrivardhan.

We took the road to Diveagar. The road is not smooth and has few potholes and as you near Diveagar, road vanishes as construction is going on for laying up the road. Hope they fix it before monsoons or else it will be pure off road on that red soil path.

During return journey, we went though Mhasala town and boy, roads are really narrow.

It takes five and half to six hours to reach Diveagar from Pune. If MH government really wants to promote tourism, it should improve quality of roads.
rst89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 17:44   #75
Senior - BHPian

Planning a road trip to Shrivardhan in couple of weeks, starting from Pune Warje.

What's the best recommended route to take considering any major diversions or bypass conditions of late?

Most Viewed